The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 27 - Feedback Thread for Combat & Classes

• Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    And so here is Templar feedback:
    overall instead of decrease pain points of class in pvp, changes in first patch only increasing them.
    a. Damage arsenal was nerfed post dot-meta and as class that heavily rely on dots it overall decreased pressure damagee. With change to Ritual of Retribution pressure damage will decrease even harder becasuse every magpalr now forced to use Extended to get at leas some hot and have synnergy with updated Light Weaver.
    b. Class is lacking of burst damage skill, only damage amplifier skill - Backalsh. But along with bug fixes this skills mecahnics wasnt updated , making this already outdated skill even worse; in addition weird cahnge to Burning Light, that was some kind of burst damage, but no longer. And thus those 2 changes decreasing templar burst damage even further.
    c. Class is lacking of any proactive defense skill or sources of mitigation skills taht in combine allow to push to large mitigations, it lack of trully strong HoT. Its entire defense is spammig purge and burst heal and as result its entire defense got heavily affected by changes to battle spirit healing. Now with nerf to Sweeps healing, its survivability in outnumbered situation will lowere even more.

Now more detaily:
    1. Light Weaver - after update of this passive both bonuses bugged out as I showed up here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6866868/#Comment_6866868
    Patchnotes however forgot to mention that Armor bonus got buffed twice. However even pre-update there was low profit of this effect due to Armor cap is easily to achieve and bonus that jsut add more armor is waste. Now bonus taht grant 33k armor will most of time waste half of it, i.e. additional armor numbers will simply wont have effect.
    Thats why I suggest fully turn Light Weaver into typical passive with singular strong effect: remove Armor bonus on Rite of Passage altogether but change hp threshold of ult return from 50% to 75% hp. This exact way was cahnged Honor the Dead back in One Tamriel patch and it proved to be positive change. Given that Armor bonus no longer working after update, jsut dont waste time on fixing, but delete altogether.

2. Burning Light - changes of this passive are against pattern of update.
    Its' slight redesign will barely affect PvE but it seems consequences of how it will affect PvP were ignored:
    1. Perfomance - it is said that devs trying to optimizate perfomance of skills by lowering claculations it require. But It doesnt look as way taht was using for this passive. Previously it had calculation of proc chance and cooldown timer, both as global cd of caster. But now you cant deal 3 ticks of aedric skill to 1 target and then hit other target with 1 tick and proc BL because it apply now hidden debuff on enemy with timer and amount of stacks; so now instead of global calcualtions of caster it apply calcualtions on target, this doesnt look like calcualtions reduction and increase of perfomance.
    2. After redesign passive in PvP defacto working with only 1 skill out of 6 - Jabs. This is not how similar passive Implosion was treated. In PvP: Spear Shards is immobile AoE, due to low uptime of Burning Light stacks and high mobility players can easily achieve - skill wont be able to proc it, so only Jabs remains. And as result any spec that is not using Jabs, like rangeplars that utilize only Javelin skill - wont be able to proc this passive in any way which means for them like having 1 less passive in aedric tree.
    3. Overall change suppose to lower burst capability of passive by double proc within 1.0sec which wasnt rare thing but inexchange guaranteed its proc within 1sec, however given that Jabs only way to proc it - problem that jabs is slwoest melee channel that also heavily desyncing and thus simply unusable with latency spikes, resulting in fact thar guaranteed proc oftenly simply won't occure. So we at situation when de facto we have chance to proc guaranteed effect, kidna paradox.

So, I believe to fix this inconsistent in passive it could be treated same way as comparable passive, like Blood Magic:
    blood-m.png
    Difference between this and Bl is that Blood Magic skilline вont have high intense spammable and thus such difference could be redeemed by cooldown difference.
    So, to make BL equally strong in PvP and PvE without full overhaul (like was with Implosion) I suggest to keep BL as it is on live, remove 25% proc chance and increasing cooldown from 0.5s to 1.0s. Remove Charge from possiblity to proc it
    With such treatment BL in PvE will be similar to how it operate now since with Jabs+Shards into dps rotation with such change will proc once per second while with current state it also procing at same rate, less efective than on live:
    pve-burn1.png
    pve-burn2.png

However in PvP it will fix all new problems:
    it will be still dynamic ability that you can apply on differnt targets. It will be usable on any spec that utilize at least 1 skill from aedric skilline. It will loose its bursty nature when it was dealing too much damage by double proc within 1.0sec. It will have less calculations due to guaranteed proc.
    Literally elimitating rng with lowering its powerlevel.

3. Survivability - templar desperately need skill equal to hot/procative defense/mitigation. And this skill is Living Dark but due to all changes to skill itself and overall pvp changes - its utility is at all times low, even lower than Total Dark was. Because for Total Dark situativeness it granted at least "spiked" boost to survivability, but for Living Dark with making it less situative it also stoped providing utility taht would be enough to use skill for its cost. Idescribed it in tempalr thread:
    And here we go with some feedback again:
    DEFENSE
    Main offender in templar defense arsenal is Eclipse, or more precisely Living Dark:
    A. back in time this skill was situational CC but in echange granted high damage and heal, however to "lower it ceiling" and increase its reliability and also to make skill work for PvE skill was changed to self-buff. However all nerfs resulted in making profit of this skill less than its reliability along with no achieving its usability in PvE for next reasons:
    1. Skill dont have actual scaling mechanic - in comparison with with similiar skills: NB Blur apply major evasion, this buff scale completely on amount of enemies and aoe they use - and in result can grant rudiculous amount of reduced damage, given that aoe most popular type of damage. DK Scales - also scale on amount of enemies atacking caster from range. Shimmering Shield - grant 100% mitigation agaisnt ranged attacks with very strong morph effects.
    However Living Dark doesnt actually scale approximately to amount of enemies like previous skills. Also after Battle Spirit nerf - its functionality decreased by alot.
    2. Ever since overhaul skill lost its cpability to protect against large portion of direct damage attacks, like procsets: even despite those attacks are Direct Damage.
    3. In PvE it simply dont work - first: its morph effect have no use against lot of targets. Second and most important - skill dont work in PvE: simply because alot of NPCs attacks are not considered as Direct Attack, and I doubt that work to fix it is worth it, given amount of it needed.
    Recap: skill scaling doesnt actually scale as efectively as other skills in game nowdays and its proc condition is unreliable nor achieve goal of making its usefull in PvE.

B. Even since its heal was nerfed for 20% its actuall amount of healing per proc became equal to heal proc of Living Vines or HPS in perfect conditions (which not possible to gain) equal to Intensive Mender. However main problem as i showed in lasted Spoiler tag above - its not reliable because it proc only on Direct Damage attacks. And reality is that you never get hit by enough dircet damage attacks for skill's scaling to effectively work unless you being heavily focused and recieve so much damage that wont be capable to survive. This making skill is even less reliable bacuse in combat where you not being constantly focused - there is no use of skill at all.
    Cost-wise: Vines 2700(2700/10=270mana/s); Shimmering 3780-831*3-1287(1287/6=214m/s); Scales 3510(3510/6=585m/s); LD 4320 (4320/6=720m/s); Mender 2160(2160/8=270m/s). LD most expensive skill to keep up.

For reasons described above, i.e. skill terribly scale, dont work in PvE, dot work agaisnt some direct attacks, healing tick nerf, cost vs effectiveness like otehr skills, I believe there is simple solution that fix all the problems and bugs - Push Living Dark further into category of proactive healing/hot like Living Vines, i.e. change proc condition for skill to proc on any damage taken not only Direct Damage. so tooltip would looke like:
    LD-idea.jpg
    As you can see from red lines i marked this way of proc is eact how its effect described in morph description i.e. "when you take damage".
    Thus LD with 6sec duration will have almsot triple cost than Vines or Mender. Total heals will be inline of each other: Mender 969x4=3876; Vines-254x10=2540; LD-254x8=~2032 (3048 on paper but 0.5s cd apply own limitation).
    Thus LD vs Mender: LD is only self-applied proc only on damage 6sec cost 720m/s with total heal ~3000. Mender can be applied on self and as tool to heal allies HOT with 8sec cost 270m/s with total heal 3876. Almsot everything benefit Mender.
    LD vs Vines: LD is only self-applied proc only on damage 6sec cost 720m/s with total heal ~3000. Vines can be applied on self and as tool to heal allies proc only on damage 10sec cost 270m/s with total heal 2540. Without taking in account morphs it looks comparably strong.
    Visual affect could be changed into something more cooler and more precisely describe that skill is not mitigating damage but healing/HOT:
    dark-idea.gif
    ^^ i.e. looks effect of Unstable Core that also can be paired with smth like, for example, making armor layer completely black while skill is active, so it more definitive visual to figure that enemy use skill, while this yellow eesene floating from you could represent either healing proc or simply like it now - cosntantly active to represent uptime of skill in dark areas:
    living-dark-idea.gif
    Overall - into smth as cool looking as Vampire Blood Frenzy which also has effect of darkness floating around.
    In addition - its heal from scaling off offensive stats could be overhauled into scaling off Max HP and thus it would became scaling defensive ability for both magplars and stamplars. Similar to nb dark cloak which is even tooltip-wise are familiar "cover yourself in protective...".
    Visually-wise: if you dont want to overhaul effect - jsut swap that ugly bubble into 1st stage of Living Dark bubble, i.e. without this additional ugly yellow glowing layer taht ruining impression of "darkness". Here is comparison of effect - as you can see black bubble is easily visible even without glowing, so this glwoing layer just unnecessary: In addition cast animation of Living Dark is not precise and simply wrong. Current animation is taken from Backlash and imply that you summon smth out of/ cast into the sky and this is wrong as you cover yourself in a protective stuff and thus animation should be some kidn of defensive posture and there is already such animation:
    ezgif-2-3e989f3209a5.gif

4. Jabs - with chagnes to healings Jabs operate as aoe skill even less coz additional damage is lesser than standartized damage of aoe and thus overhauled heal calcualtions will grant lower than possible heal from aoe that would have % heal. And more importantly that closest-target damage now detached from additional damage. So how about finally treat initial single-target damage and exclude it from being affect by Evasion buff? You know like, Render Flash is not aoe heal but single target one even tho its heal is rektangle radius. :smile:

5. Backlash - there is so many wrong stuff with this skill. Its low store damage and limit on release was coz possibility for allies to store damage and skill having skill memory on stored damage. Now that it dont have group utility, its memory capabiltiy should be wiped, store damage % increased, max limit on store removed and possiblity for released damage to crit also removed as it break rule of how it operate.
    Or simply get rid of skill and grant us actuall burst ability, here is couple ideas:
    Templar class ever since launch of ESO was dot-based class similarly to dragonknight and then suddenly ZOS decided that dots are to ffective and nerfed tham into too weak. However even tho templar was based on dots like DK - its dots wasnt treated differently like DK dots and thus suddenly lost bunch of damage.
    Obviously if dot rotation got nerfed - it time to switch to burst rotation, but here is tempalr problm again - class simply dont have viable burst skill.
    We have Backlash - which is not even burst skill but damage amplifier skill, bad part of that - it amplify damage of nerfed dot arsenal along while Backlash mechanic itself wasn't treated properly as I described in previous posts.
    Other skills that possibly could be used as burst are:
    A. Dark Flare - which wont be used effectively for same reasons why people dont use Crystal Blast. In addition keeping in mind that Empowered buff possibly will be changed into affect only heavy attacks - it come to the point that to take benefit of skil you have cast time Flare for 1 sec then channeling heavy attack for another 2sec. It is so clunky, leaving caster totally vulnerable, that, keeping in mind its straight pvp debuff, even "low apm players" doubtly will use this skill.
    B. Solar Barrage - was fine before take palce of DOT version of such burst skills as Shalks or Blastbones yet after dot nerfs its damage decreased to the point where it cant be used as some kind of semi-burst skill. In addition this skill suffer from weird standartization of dots where its damage tick every 2sec, and thus cant even fully benefit with dot-based builds that is main build that Draugrkin set supposed to buff. And this is weird because back in time dev comment regarding Purifying Ritual was that it deal damage/heal every 2sec because its multifunction, yet Solar Flare dont have such multifunction. In its core mechanic is exact of sorc Lightning Form - its literally aura that ticking and dealing unblockable damage to targets around , with additional buffs. Yet Barrage tick every 2 sec while Form every 1 sec. Also visually Barrage not precisely describing its effect as its visual effect which is just recolored Impulse effect imply that it deal direct damage burst every 2sec. While precise visual effect should jsut have essence aura around caster with visual damage ticks on hitted enemy, and look like that simply: Also once again keep in mind possible Empower changes that will make Barrage loose its last reason for usability for "high apm players".
    Recap: we simply dont have viable burst ability that would work in burst rotation and after dot skills nerfs - there wasnt any improvement of this problem.
    So I suggest:
    1. Address Backalsh mechanics and update them to how skill works nowdays without its group utility. I pretty sure my old posts about its bugs, like for example its incorrect skill memory: are not forgotten. But then there is risk to get too strong Xv1 ability that wont be fun to use.
    2. Change Backlash into back to oldest mechanic when it was double reduce by battle spirit, etc. and thus was strong but only in PvE rotation; or turn it into yet another dot but in return address Flare skill to behave as burst skill with different functionality through it morphs:
    A. Dark Flare - instead of keeping it as Crystal Blast-like version, to swap it in Crystal Frags-like Version:
    dark-barrage.png
    And thus it will be single-target burst ability.
    B. Solar Barrage - there is 2 ways of address it:
    First is - to kkep it visual effect of impulse-like effect ticking every 2 sec - change Barrage into similar to Wild Impulse mechanic - strong blockable direct damage aoe pulsing every 2sec.
    Second is - change its mechanic to how burst abilitiies of wardens and necromancers works, which are ~3s burst ability with aoe damage that apply strong effect. So Barrage would apply on yourself magnetic bomb visual effect that currently was removed from Unstable Core and only used now by NPC Mage eclipse (very beautiful effect) with essence aura it use now to imply that there is gona be explosion in its radius and megnetic bomb explode after 3sec in X radius, dealing damage similar to Deep Fissure and Stalking Blastbones.
    Visual effect of exploding magnetic bomb is perfectly fit this type of skill unlike its currently used for Unstable Core: Its definitve enough fro enemy to see what hitted them even in large fights.
    @ZOS_Gilliam

your suggestions are very interresting, however your new LD wont really help Stamplar as it wost Magicka. I know we can use it, but we wont be able to rely to it with the cost. It's already a pain in the [snip] to survive (PvP wise, i have no trooble in PvE but it might change with Ritual's changes)

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on July 17, 2020 10:56PM
  • JoSePHRiNG
    JoSePHRiNG
    ✭✭✭
    Kuratius wrote: »

Your character's damage, which is the majority of your damage for most sorcs, will be higher with the spell damage build.
    It will likely come out close to the same overall, if it doesn't they just need to give the the pets a higher multiplier.
    Before, when you were playing a sorc you were restricted to choosing sets that increased your magicka instead of your spell damage, and sorc pet design didn't work with many of the buffs in the game (see e.g. major courage). You can still focus on a pet build, the pet build will just have to be in the skills you use, not necessarily the gear.
    Overall it's a positive change with regard to itemization.
    If you sorc is underpowered as a whole (not just the pet being weaker, but your combined damage!), feel free to ask them to increase the skill coefficient.

All magic or elemental damage scales with both "Magicka" and "Spell Damage"

With my build 60K magicka, of course, I do not have any spell damage, but I still deal huge damage with my abilities, of course not strong as pure spell damage.

But with my enormous magicka pool, I also don't have to worry about my sustain too, I can't remember the time I run out of magicka in a PVE fight.

Since my pets deal most of my damage I don't use spell damage glyph, just using standard magicka regen glyphs that help me sustain my magicka. So I can spam my abilities if I want to.

The idea I am implying is that scaling PETS with both "Magicka" and "Spell Damage" is good and it helps the player with high spell damage.

As I also previously mentioned, I am not against the idea, I rather suggesting make it either scale it with just "Spell Damage" for those which get much use of it and scale it with just magicka for those have high "Magicka" pool.

To conclude this my 60K magicka build will scale with just "Magicka"
    Your high spell damage build will scale will scale with just "Spell Damage"

I just don't my build to ruin that is it.
    Jorvuld's Guidance and SPC all the way down.
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    JoSePHRiNG wrote: »
    Kuratius wrote: »

Your character's damage, which is the majority of your damage for most sorcs, will be higher with the spell damage build.
    It will likely come out close to the same overall, if it doesn't they just need to give the the pets a higher multiplier.
    Before, when you were playing a sorc you were restricted to choosing sets that increased your magicka instead of your spell damage, and sorc pet design didn't work with many of the buffs in the game (see e.g. major courage). You can still focus on a pet build, the pet build will just have to be in the skills you use, not necessarily the gear.
    Overall it's a positive change with regard to itemization.
    If you sorc is underpowered as a whole (not just the pet being weaker, but your combined damage!), feel free to ask them to increase the skill coefficient.

All magic or elemental damage scales with both "Magicka" and "Spell Damage"

With my build 60K magicka, of course, I do not have any spell damage, but I still deal huge damage with my abilities, of course not strong as pure spell damage.

But with my enormous magicka pool, I also don't have to worry about my sustain too, I can't remember the time I run out of magicka in a PVE fight.

Since my pets deal most of my damage I don't use spell damage glyph, just using standard magicka regen glyphs that help me sustain my magicka. So I can spam my abilities if I want to.

The idea I am implying is that scaling PETS with both "Magicka" and "Spell Damage" is good and it helps the player with high spell damage.

As I also previously mentioned, I am not against the idea, I rather suggesting make it either scale it with just "Spell Damage" for those which get much use of it and scale it with just magicka for those have high "Magicka" pool.

To conclude this my 60K magicka build will scale with just "Magicka"
    Your high spell damage build will scale will scale with just "Spell Damage"

I just don't my build to ruin that is it.

I's I' mentioned in a earlier post I've found that in general the change is not a overall loss in dps for sorc, but it is a overall loss in the ability to build towards a heavy petsorc setup. We have to now use a combo of a decent high magicka/sp to get closer to the numbers in actual pet damage..but for petsorc setups in doing so we are losing some of our sustain and possibly crit along the ways...at the very least this has actually made worse on having more build concepts.
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Ambush - as a class gap closer its very good , aproppriate cost, good utility not a bad skill overall, but since its a teleport skill it continously fails to fire since even if enemy puts their little finger behind a rock server things they are gone completely from sight.
    Thus putting many NBs to opt out to more reliant skills like Critical Charge since those ,,move,, your character to enemy location.
    Can this be looked into?
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KageNin wrote: »
    Ambush - as a class gap closer its very good , aproppriate cost, good utility not a bad skill overall, but since its a teleport skill it continously fails to fire since even if enemy puts their little finger behind a rock server things they are gone completely from sight.
    Thus putting many NBs to opt out to more reliant skills like Critical Charge since those ,,move,, your character to enemy location.
    Can this be looked into?

Crit charge and toppling charge fail on those same LOS checks i can assure you, dont worry.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koubo wrote: »
    And so here is Templar feedback:
    overall instead of decrease pain points of class in pvp, changes in first patch only increasing them.
    a. Damage arsenal was nerfed post dot-meta and as class that heavily rely on dots it overall decreased pressure damagee. With change to Ritual of Retribution pressure damage will decrease even harder becasuse every magpalr now forced to use Extended to get at leas some hot and have synnergy with updated Light Weaver.
    b. Class is lacking of burst damage skill, only damage amplifier skill - Backalsh. But along with bug fixes this skills mecahnics wasnt updated , making this already outdated skill even worse; in addition weird cahnge to Burning Light, that was some kind of burst damage, but no longer. And thus those 2 changes decreasing templar burst damage even further.
    c. Class is lacking of any proactive defense skill or sources of mitigation skills taht in combine allow to push to large mitigations, it lack of trully strong HoT. Its entire defense is spammig purge and burst heal and as result its entire defense got heavily affected by changes to battle spirit healing. Now with nerf to Sweeps healing, its survivability in outnumbered situation will lowere even more.

Now more detaily:
    1. Light Weaver - after update of this passive both bonuses bugged out as I showed up here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6866868/#Comment_6866868
    Patchnotes however forgot to mention that Armor bonus got buffed twice. However even pre-update there was low profit of this effect due to Armor cap is easily to achieve and bonus that jsut add more armor is waste. Now bonus taht grant 33k armor will most of time waste half of it, i.e. additional armor numbers will simply wont have effect.
    Thats why I suggest fully turn Light Weaver into typical passive with singular strong effect: remove Armor bonus on Rite of Passage altogether but change hp threshold of ult return from 50% to 75% hp. This exact way was cahnged Honor the Dead back in One Tamriel patch and it proved to be positive change. Given that Armor bonus no longer working after update, jsut dont waste time on fixing, but delete altogether.

2. Burning Light - changes of this passive are against pattern of update.
    Its' slight redesign will barely affect PvE but it seems consequences of how it will affect PvP were ignored:
    1. Perfomance - it is said that devs trying to optimizate perfomance of skills by lowering claculations it require. But It doesnt look as way taht was using for this passive. Previously it had calculation of proc chance and cooldown timer, both as global cd of caster. But now you cant deal 3 ticks of aedric skill to 1 target and then hit other target with 1 tick and proc BL because it apply now hidden debuff on enemy with timer and amount of stacks; so now instead of global calcualtions of caster it apply calcualtions on target, this doesnt look like calcualtions reduction and increase of perfomance.
    2. After redesign passive in PvP defacto working with only 1 skill out of 6 - Jabs. This is not how similar passive Implosion was treated. In PvP: Spear Shards is immobile AoE, due to low uptime of Burning Light stacks and high mobility players can easily achieve - skill wont be able to proc it, so only Jabs remains. And as result any spec that is not using Jabs, like rangeplars that utilize only Javelin skill - wont be able to proc this passive in any way which means for them like having 1 less passive in aedric tree.
    3. Overall change suppose to lower burst capability of passive by double proc within 1.0sec which wasnt rare thing but inexchange guaranteed its proc within 1sec, however given that Jabs only way to proc it - problem that jabs is slwoest melee channel that also heavily desyncing and thus simply unusable with latency spikes, resulting in fact thar guaranteed proc oftenly simply won't occure. So we at situation when de facto we have chance to proc guaranteed effect, kidna paradox.

So, I believe to fix this inconsistent in passive it could be treated same way as comparable passive, like Blood Magic:
    blood-m.png
    Difference between this and Bl is that Blood Magic skilline вont have high intense spammable and thus such difference could be redeemed by cooldown difference.
    So, to make BL equally strong in PvP and PvE without full overhaul (like was with Implosion) I suggest to keep BL as it is on live, remove 25% proc chance and increasing cooldown from 0.5s to 1.0s. Remove Charge from possiblity to proc it
    With such treatment BL in PvE will be similar to how it operate now since with Jabs+Shards into dps rotation with such change will proc once per second while with current state it also procing at same rate, less efective than on live:
    pve-burn1.png
    pve-burn2.png

However in PvP it will fix all new problems:
    it will be still dynamic ability that you can apply on differnt targets. It will be usable on any spec that utilize at least 1 skill from aedric skilline. It will loose its bursty nature when it was dealing too much damage by double proc within 1.0sec. It will have less calculations due to guaranteed proc.
    Literally elimitating rng with lowering its powerlevel.

3. Survivability - templar desperately need skill equal to hot/procative defense/mitigation. And this skill is Living Dark but due to all changes to skill itself and overall pvp changes - its utility is at all times low, even lower than Total Dark was. Because for Total Dark situativeness it granted at least "spiked" boost to survivability, but for Living Dark with making it less situative it also stoped providing utility taht would be enough to use skill for its cost. Idescribed it in tempalr thread:
    And here we go with some feedback again:
    DEFENSE
    Main offender in templar defense arsenal is Eclipse, or more precisely Living Dark:
    A. back in time this skill was situational CC but in echange granted high damage and heal, however to "lower it ceiling" and increase its reliability and also to make skill work for PvE skill was changed to self-buff. However all nerfs resulted in making profit of this skill less than its reliability along with no achieving its usability in PvE for next reasons:
    1. Skill dont have actual scaling mechanic - in comparison with with similiar skills: NB Blur apply major evasion, this buff scale completely on amount of enemies and aoe they use - and in result can grant rudiculous amount of reduced damage, given that aoe most popular type of damage. DK Scales - also scale on amount of enemies atacking caster from range. Shimmering Shield - grant 100% mitigation agaisnt ranged attacks with very strong morph effects.
    However Living Dark doesnt actually scale approximately to amount of enemies like previous skills. Also after Battle Spirit nerf - its functionality decreased by alot.
    2. Ever since overhaul skill lost its cpability to protect against large portion of direct damage attacks, like procsets: even despite those attacks are Direct Damage.
    3. In PvE it simply dont work - first: its morph effect have no use against lot of targets. Second and most important - skill dont work in PvE: simply because alot of NPCs attacks are not considered as Direct Attack, and I doubt that work to fix it is worth it, given amount of it needed.
    Recap: skill scaling doesnt actually scale as efectively as other skills in game nowdays and its proc condition is unreliable nor achieve goal of making its usefull in PvE.

B. Even since its heal was nerfed for 20% its actuall amount of healing per proc became equal to heal proc of Living Vines or HPS in perfect conditions (which not possible to gain) equal to Intensive Mender. However main problem as i showed in lasted Spoiler tag above - its not reliable because it proc only on Direct Damage attacks. And reality is that you never get hit by enough dircet damage attacks for skill's scaling to effectively work unless you being heavily focused and recieve so much damage that wont be capable to survive. This making skill is even less reliable bacuse in combat where you not being constantly focused - there is no use of skill at all.
    Cost-wise: Vines 2700(2700/10=270mana/s); Shimmering 3780-831*3-1287(1287/6=214m/s); Scales 3510(3510/6=585m/s); LD 4320 (4320/6=720m/s); Mender 2160(2160/8=270m/s). LD most expensive skill to keep up.

For reasons described above, i.e. skill terribly scale, dont work in PvE, dot work agaisnt some direct attacks, healing tick nerf, cost vs effectiveness like otehr skills, I believe there is simple solution that fix all the problems and bugs - Push Living Dark further into category of proactive healing/hot like Living Vines, i.e. change proc condition for skill to proc on any damage taken not only Direct Damage. so tooltip would looke like:
    LD-idea.jpg
    As you can see from red lines i marked this way of proc is eact how its effect described in morph description i.e. "when you take damage".
    Thus LD with 6sec duration will have almsot triple cost than Vines or Mender. Total heals will be inline of each other: Mender 969x4=3876; Vines-254x10=2540; LD-254x8=~2032 (3048 on paper but 0.5s cd apply own limitation).
    Thus LD vs Mender: LD is only self-applied proc only on damage 6sec cost 720m/s with total heal ~3000. Mender can be applied on self and as tool to heal allies HOT with 8sec cost 270m/s with total heal 3876. Almsot everything benefit Mender.
    LD vs Vines: LD is only self-applied proc only on damage 6sec cost 720m/s with total heal ~3000. Vines can be applied on self and as tool to heal allies proc only on damage 10sec cost 270m/s with total heal 2540. Without taking in account morphs it looks comparably strong.
    Visual affect could be changed into something more cooler and more precisely describe that skill is not mitigating damage but healing/HOT:
    dark-idea.gif
    ^^ i.e. looks effect of Unstable Core that also can be paired with smth like, for example, making armor layer completely black while skill is active, so it more definitive visual to figure that enemy use skill, while this yellow eesene floating from you could represent either healing proc or simply like it now - cosntantly active to represent uptime of skill in dark areas:
    living-dark-idea.gif
    Overall - into smth as cool looking as Vampire Blood Frenzy which also has effect of darkness floating around.
    In addition - its heal from scaling off offensive stats could be overhauled into scaling off Max HP and thus it would became scaling defensive ability for both magplars and stamplars. Similar to nb dark cloak which is even tooltip-wise are familiar "cover yourself in protective...".
    Visually-wise: if you dont want to overhaul effect - jsut swap that ugly bubble into 1st stage of Living Dark bubble, i.e. without this additional ugly yellow glowing layer taht ruining impression of "darkness". Here is comparison of effect - as you can see black bubble is easily visible even without glowing, so this glwoing layer just unnecessary: In addition cast animation of Living Dark is not precise and simply wrong. Current animation is taken from Backlash and imply that you summon smth out of/ cast into the sky and this is wrong as you cover yourself in a protective stuff and thus animation should be some kidn of defensive posture and there is already such animation:
    ezgif-2-3e989f3209a5.gif

4. Jabs - with chagnes to healings Jabs operate as aoe skill even less coz additional damage is lesser than standartized damage of aoe and thus overhauled heal calcualtions will grant lower than possible heal from aoe that would have % heal. And more importantly that closest-target damage now detached from additional damage. So how about finally treat initial single-target damage and exclude it from being affect by Evasion buff? You know like, Render Flash is not aoe heal but single target one even tho its heal is rektangle radius. :smile:

5. Backlash - there is so many wrong stuff with this skill. Its low store damage and limit on release was coz possibility for allies to store damage and skill having skill memory on stored damage. Now that it dont have group utility, its memory capabiltiy should be wiped, store damage % increased, max limit on store removed and possiblity for released damage to crit also removed as it break rule of how it operate.
    Or simply get rid of skill and grant us actuall burst ability, here is couple ideas:
    Templar class ever since launch of ESO was dot-based class similarly to dragonknight and then suddenly ZOS decided that dots are to ffective and nerfed tham into too weak. However even tho templar was based on dots like DK - its dots wasnt treated differently like DK dots and thus suddenly lost bunch of damage.
    Obviously if dot rotation got nerfed - it time to switch to burst rotation, but here is tempalr problm again - class simply dont have viable burst skill.
    We have Backlash - which is not even burst skill but damage amplifier skill, bad part of that - it amplify damage of nerfed dot arsenal along while Backlash mechanic itself wasn't treated properly as I described in previous posts.
    Other skills that possibly could be used as burst are:
    A. Dark Flare - which wont be used effectively for same reasons why people dont use Crystal Blast. In addition keeping in mind that Empowered buff possibly will be changed into affect only heavy attacks - it come to the point that to take benefit of skil you have cast time Flare for 1 sec then channeling heavy attack for another 2sec. It is so clunky, leaving caster totally vulnerable, that, keeping in mind its straight pvp debuff, even "low apm players" doubtly will use this skill.
    B. Solar Barrage - was fine before take palce of DOT version of such burst skills as Shalks or Blastbones yet after dot nerfs its damage decreased to the point where it cant be used as some kind of semi-burst skill. In addition this skill suffer from weird standartization of dots where its damage tick every 2sec, and thus cant even fully benefit with dot-based builds that is main build that Draugrkin set supposed to buff. And this is weird because back in time dev comment regarding Purifying Ritual was that it deal damage/heal every 2sec because its multifunction, yet Solar Flare dont have such multifunction. In its core mechanic is exact of sorc Lightning Form - its literally aura that ticking and dealing unblockable damage to targets around , with additional buffs. Yet Barrage tick every 2 sec while Form every 1 sec. Also visually Barrage not precisely describing its effect as its visual effect which is just recolored Impulse effect imply that it deal direct damage burst every 2sec. While precise visual effect should jsut have essence aura around caster with visual damage ticks on hitted enemy, and look like that simply: Also once again keep in mind possible Empower changes that will make Barrage loose its last reason for usability for "high apm players".
    Recap: we simply dont have viable burst ability that would work in burst rotation and after dot skills nerfs - there wasnt any improvement of this problem.
    So I suggest:
    1. Address Backalsh mechanics and update them to how skill works nowdays without its group utility. I pretty sure my old posts about its bugs, like for example its incorrect skill memory: are not forgotten. But then there is risk to get too strong Xv1 ability that wont be fun to use.
    2. Change Backlash into back to oldest mechanic when it was double reduce by battle spirit, etc. and thus was strong but only in PvE rotation; or turn it into yet another dot but in return address Flare skill to behave as burst skill with different functionality through it morphs:
    A. Dark Flare - instead of keeping it as Crystal Blast-like version, to swap it in Crystal Frags-like Version:
    dark-barrage.png
    And thus it will be single-target burst ability.
    B. Solar Barrage - there is 2 ways of address it:
    First is - to kkep it visual effect of impulse-like effect ticking every 2 sec - change Barrage into similar to Wild Impulse mechanic - strong blockable direct damage aoe pulsing every 2sec.
    Second is - change its mechanic to how burst abilitiies of wardens and necromancers works, which are ~3s burst ability with aoe damage that apply strong effect. So Barrage would apply on yourself magnetic bomb visual effect that currently was removed from Unstable Core and only used now by NPC Mage eclipse (very beautiful effect) with essence aura it use now to imply that there is gona be explosion in its radius and megnetic bomb explode after 3sec in X radius, dealing damage similar to Deep Fissure and Stalking Blastbones.
    Visual effect of exploding magnetic bomb is perfectly fit this type of skill unlike its currently used for Unstable Core: Its definitve enough fro enemy to see what hitted them even in large fights.
    @ZOS_Gilliam

your suggestions are very interresting, however your new LD wont really help Stamplar as it wost Magicka. I know we can use it, but we wont be able to rely to it with the cost. It's already a pain in the a** to survive (PvP wise, i have no trooble in PvE but it might change with Ritual's changes)

The main problem with it right now is that skill is simply useless. In light of upcoming cahnges it will be even worse jsut because since its original overhaul into self-buff in patch 5.1.5 almost 1 year ago it "bugged" and stoped interacting with direct damage procsets even despite it should work. And after almost 1 year - still no fix, without mentioning that zos attempt to make skill viable in pve has exact same problem - lot of mobs attacks not procing skill, as i showed in previous post. And procsets became much bigger thing since than but because of terrible/bugged proc conditions this large portion of attacks are completely ignored by skill:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nYoPb2g9hs
    Next update amount of procsets will be even larger but there is also huge even bigger amount of them are DoT-based sets, yet again Living Dark will have zero effect against it, without mentioning that for magpalr live will be even harder with Sweeps nerf. This pushing effectiveness of Living Dark to the bottom of list of comparable skills even lower than profit you gain form Living Vines, i.e. skill that cost literally twice lower. For that reason skill should start working with all kind of attacks to justify its cost and possibly dynamically scale of max stat or Max HP.

Regarding its cost - once skill will start operating properly, its cost won't be just punishment that prevent to use this skill and will serve role of "mana dump", same way stamdk use Scales, Fragmented Shield or stamblade use both morphs of Cloak, Mirage or stamcros use their Spirit Mender or stamsorcs use Bolt Escape or wardens use their Polar Winds, Vines.
    More precisely:
    comparison.png
    As you can see cost of those skills are equal and I pretty sure you saw how every stamwarden or stamnecro build utilize those skills because them being most effective "mana dumps" skills, and they have no problems even spam it in PvP because stam spec can offer itself drained mana pool unlike mana specs.
    Also in such comparison you can notice rudiculous difference in powerlevel of such expensive mana skills and Living Dark. And thats the reason why stampalrs simply cant utilize this "mana dump" skill for their survivability - its cost not self-efficient. Only thing stamplar can do is spamming other expensive mana dump - Entended Ritual and rolldodge, and thats all..
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Can this be looked into?

Crit charge and toppling charge fail on those same LOS checks i can assure you, dont worry.

Indeed all teleport/gap-closer abilities including ultimates like Leap are bugged in same way. And its exact way how Streak was bugged and was fixed in patch 2.7.13: "Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could fail to function in certain locations." 3 years passed since zos fixed this bug for Streak yet nothing going on with all the reso abilities. I guess its because other classes don't whine that much. :wink:
    After lastest patches gap-closers became even far worse because they guaranteed desync caster during high latency wich, waht an irony, resulting in caster death after casting gap-closer, because you cant fight back during desync. But, hey, Streak unliek rest of abilities do not bug this way.
    And currently on pts gap-closers have yet again new/old bug of them desyncing even visually.

And here is some Dragonknight out-of-standartization problem:
    muta-cata.png
    Cauterize should be treated same as other morph and heal 2 targets instead of 1, with increased cost possibly to 2700.In comparison to Mutagen, which HPS on basic stats screenshot is equal to 211 while Cautherize is 127, so singular HPS of Cautherize is almost double less than HPS single target Radiating tick. Thats obviously out of standarts. So Cautherize should increase cost but start heal 2 targets and both morphs could be treated same way as templar Sun Fire was - its major prophecy/b buff instead of being active only on skillbar should be active for duration of skill. It allow backbaring this supportive skill. So while Cautherize will heal 2 targets and have prophecy buff with lower HPS but longer duration but your weapon of choice and pseudo-spamamble effect, Radiating will able to more "bursty" heal of 3 targets with almost twice bigger HPS and stackable on more than 3 allies.
    @ZOS_Gilliam
    Edited by Cinbri on July 17, 2020 7:53PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like that necro's grave grasp being looked at, but the stun is just so unreliable. It's like the same horribly flawed logic that has been applied to this skill, is the exact same one already on warden's dive. Why the on earth does it give it's most powerful effects at a far distance? Both skills feel awful to use in pvp because of this.

How do you fix these skills?

A simple fix would be to make the stun, the first circle that spawns, then, the immobilize is the second, and the snare is the 3rd. You can use the old immobilize morph to upgrade the ccs, so that all of the circles stun, and maybe they also deal magic damage for example.

Reguarding the warden changes, or rather lack thereof. We still need some pretty cruicial changes to dive to make that skill better to use specifically concerning pvp among several other changes. I'm not going to expect any reworks to come soon, but, I feel as if we have had our issues looked over again. The rework roadmap in my signature doesn't just contain reworks with genuine thought put into them, It also adresses several existing issues and bugs that we have. It feels like every patch containing warden changes is just obscure bugfixes.

How do you fix dive?

Dive needs to have the "7 meters or more away from target" bonus swapped to "7 or less meters away from target" on it's off balance proc and the SCR morph bonus (along with +30% projectile speed to the base skill and cutting dive no longer needing off balance to proc its bleed, but also losing stacks)

While all magic animal companions skills don't have a reason to deal magic damage anymore, it's a pretty large overall change that could take a few patches to address, so it's not as important as getting the skill's mechanics fixed.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    @Cinbri it really feel Stamplar are out of date. When i go in BG, the only thing i see is me dying in 3 sec while i need way more effort to kill someone. I'm not good there (yet?) but i tried 5 different build&play style to find something that suit me and the best so far was a 5/2 heavy armor using toppling and stuhn for penetration. And Ciannait to help to survive... my damage was low but i could survive enough to kill here and there. I hope for more. And i hope for more in PvE too but it's another topic i suppose
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion :

Could we, sorcerers, get a stamina ultimate ? Devs talked last year about a stamina atronach, but we never saw it coming.

Right now we are stuck with very few options.

Edited by Sarousse on July 19, 2020 8:56AM
  • FalZhardumDin
    FalZhardumDin
    ✭✭
    While reVamping new Vampire skill line you allowed classes with sustain problems exist in hard mode veteran trials environment. The new ability you introduced - Blood for Blood - helped hardcore players to optimize setups, reaching world record scores and do the hardest trial achievements there are. Please ZOS, could you reconsider the proposed healing changes to Blood for Blood? It literally makes it unusable in any group content, because you can't use it as a spammable ability. Being a vampire in trial already has it drawbacks and the Blood for Blood damage itself is actually not that high as you may think. The line "Deals up to 100% more damage based on your missing Health" very, very rarely applies in trials, because in optimized groups, the players are very rarely at low HP. With so much healing at our disposal it is very hard to get whatever amount of bonus damage basing on missing health. To add to it - the classes like magdk and magden are VIABLE and EXPECTED now. And PLEASE, look at this not from the perspective of casual/housing/roleplaying/social player but from VETERAN/MINMAXERS//PASSIONATE perspective. This change doesn't hurt people running around, harvesting materials and exploring the world. It hurts the other 2-1% of players who really care about doing Godslayer runs and other very hard achievements!
    Edited by FalZhardumDin on July 19, 2020 10:05AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Suggestion :

Could we, sorcerers, get a stamina ultimate ? Devs talked last year about a stamina atronach, but we never saw it coming.

Right now we are stuck with very few options.

Air atro with spinning blades, make it happen, the assets for it already in the game.

You could make the synergy to pick up the atronachs blade and have a aoe spin around you for a time, would synergise with hurricane so well.
  • Shorayel
    Shorayel
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like the change of Ritual of Retribution. Why the must be removed? Playing as templar tank I always use this skill because it has heal and dmg even when the dmg and heal both isn't that high.

But with the change it's just another boring aoe dmg skill.
    PC-EU and NA
    Mag Temp DD/Tank
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A couple of things about Sorcs:

While the reduction of hard cast time of frags to .8 ms is welcome and offers up the possibility of using it as a spammable, it just feels to oddly cumbersome to do so. I main a MagSorc so I was initially intrigued at the possibility of having an class spammable. But after several hours of trying to work it into a smooth rotational flow, I gave up, reverted back to the old way of using frags (only at proc) and consistently got better results. I think removing the channel and making it an instant cast would be a much better way to go. In addition to removing the clunky feel, this would also allow you to bar swap during the GCD, which would also really help the feel of how the rotation flows.

Second, Sorcs sill need a little more relief from sustain issues. I consistently have to avoid using Lightning Flood, Mystic Orbs, or other higher cost AOE/DOT skills in lieu of lower cost/damage skills like Entropy or Flame Reach in addition to magicka return enchants. MagDen's have a similar issue, but if you throw 1 mag return enchant on a piece of jewelry, it takes care of the problem. Not so with Sorcs. Honestly, if were not for the damage gain of the Maelstrom staff, Wall would also need to be pushed out of the rotation. I think a little more relief from sustain issues would be very welcome. I also think it's more than a bit curious that stamina DD's have none of these sustain problems.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you update Undeath passive UI in similar way as it was done for scaling mechanics like Armor of Pariah, so we could see current bonus numbers.
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Can this be looked into?

Not true, toppling sometimes ignores height differences while ambush doesnt. Toppling is the better gab closer.
  • AelyinESO
    AelyinESO
    ✭✭✭
    We would to hear about all nerfs coming in Sorcerers. New patch coming (6.1.1) but 0 changes or any explanation about Sorcerers Changes, we already have posted many suggestion about it .. and again Zenimax wants to make hard. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
    - MagTem (50) - Healer
    - StamDK (50) - Tank
    - StamNecro (50) - DPS
    - StamTem (developing) - DPS
    - MagNecro (developing) - DPS
    - MagWard (developing) - Healer
    - Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
    "Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK PvE and PvP this post is mostly PvE focused and I did extensive testing and parse around 87k on PTS 93k on Live, and my biggest gripe would be MagDK has terrible sustain currently, and our buffs aren't focused towards us. Being a melee class I feel as if I should do more damage than a ranged class, and maybe I could if I could sustain without having to sacrifice even more damage to do so.

A lot of these comments were taken from other posts I made but dumping here as well.

Coagulating Blood needs to have a different effect than Health Recovery, the base buff is appreciated, but again not the focus MagDK needs

Maybe make molten whip less minigame, make whip not drop the stacks of seething fury, once at max stacks make it unable to increase but at double limit and deal 50% more damage and cost 50% less instead of 100% so a spammable acts likes a spammable.
    Futhermore, Every Dragonknight skill should give stacks of seething fury.

Another idea, flames of oblivion, one it's 15 seconds which is 1 more second that the other two dots you really want to cast together ( seething fury, remember? ) And refreshing it early is a terrible idea. Another gripe is it hits... two enemies? Perhaps an aoe burst on impact would make it more reasonable and useful for varying circumstances.

Igneous shield should be a Magicka morph that scales from it or better yet, a spell damage morph.

Obsidian shard should be a HoT or a flame damage morph of.. whatever stonefist is now.

Volatile Armor should be flame damage and do more DoT damage possibly with no more damage reflect.

Deep breath should be the base skill, draw essence should apply magickasteal, and there should be a different dps morph that breathes flames multiple times kind of like templars solar barrage.

Igneous weapons feels lackluster, hardly do you ever want to give anyone major brutality and sorcery so it should have a buff that is useful for yourself, like flame damage added to light attacks ( it was like this once before ) or something unique that would make magDK stand out.

Last Active skill gripe, I can't use burning talons without elf bane, the base duration should be more like 10 seconds or 12 seconds to match other class dots like twisting path, or winter's revenge.

Then the passives feel a bit.. unbalanced.

I do 50% more burning damage to a target that is burning, however Warden does 10% more crit damage to chilled enemies... perhaps buff all flame damage by 10% on burning enemies like an engulfing only for me.

Comments are sustain issues are strong, and giving away precise frontbar for charged is quite a damage loss.
    This is with parse food, so in actual raid context it will be even worse.

From my testing magDK sorely needs ( with a PvE focus ):

Igneous weapon to give some kind of sustain passive and flame damage, not just major buffs, that morph could be solely used on yourself to replace degeneration and use the magDK toolkit instead but it's simply not worth the dps loss currently.

Burning to be more valuable for MagDK so charged doesn't feel like a crutch, losing 5k ( before bloodthirsty even gives potential ) overall dps for 1.5k burning damage feels pretty *** and makes everything else feel weak, it should compliment not debilitate.

Some kind of passive heal so solo content like vMA doesn't feel so god awful.

Flames of oblivion to be 14 seconds and have more aoe potential than.. 2..

To use any skill in the draconic line in PvE in a serious context without the need to use elf bane ( which I don't because I personally hate it )

For the earthern heart passive to cast or deal damage with every 6 seconds to built 3 ult so the passive is always used instead of 33% of the time.

Trap beast was 7 meters instead of 5 ( like the rest of my melee skills ) AND/OR I had a source of minor force that wasn't stamina or gimmicky (channeled accel cast time ) or crippling ( medusa is crippling versus mother sorrow or really any other good set )

Lastly, other classes have resource recovery, max magicka increases, or spell damage increases, Type damage increase on ALL abilities, instead I have AoE abilities, block increase, health recovery, spell resistance, a small snare, and stam from an earthern heart skill you only cast every 18 seconds.....
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK PvE and PvP this post is mostly PvE focused and I did extensive testing and parse around 87k on PTS 93k on Live, and my biggest gripe would be MagDK has terrible sustain currently, and our buffs aren't focused towards us. Being a melee class I feel as if I should do more damage than a ranged class, and maybe I could if I could sustain without having to sacrifice even more damage to do so.

A lot of these comments were taken from other posts I made but dumping here as well.

Coagulating Blood needs to have a different effect than Health Recovery, the base buff is appreciated, but again not the focus MagDK needs

Maybe make molten whip less minigame, make whip not drop the stacks of seething fury, once at max stacks make it unable to increase but at double limit and deal 50% more damage and cost 50% less instead of 100% so a spammable acts likes a spammable.

Another idea, flames of oblivion, one it's 15 seconds which is 1 more second that the other two dots you really want to cast together ( seething fury, remember? ) And refreshing it early is a terrible idea. Another gripe is it hits... two enemies? Perhaps an aoe burst on impact would make it more reasonable and useful for varying circumstances.

Igneous shield should be a Magicka morph that scales from it or better yet, a spell damage morph.

Obsidian shard should be a HoT or a flame damage morph of.. whatever stonefist is now.

Volatile Armor should be flame damage and do more DoT damage possibly with no more damage reflect.

Deep breath should be the base skill, draw essence should apply magickasteal, and there should be a different dps morph that breathes flames multiple times kind of like templars solar barrage.

Igneous weapons feels lackluster, hardly do you ever want to give anyone major brutality and sorcery so it should have a buff that is useful for yourself, like flame damage added to light attacks ( it was like this once before ) or something unique that would make magDK stand out.

Last Active skill gripe, I can't use burning talons without elf bane, the base duration should be more like 10 seconds or 12 seconds to match other class dots like twisting path, or winter's revenge.

I do 50% more burning damage to a target that is burning, however Warden does 10% more crit damage to chilled enemies... perhaps buff all flame damage by 10% on burning enemies like an engulfing only for me.

Comments are sustain issues are strong, and giving away precise frontbar for charged is quite a damage loss.

Igneous weapon to give some kind of sustain passive and flame damage, not just major buffs, that morph could be solely used on yourself to replace degeneration and use the magDK toolkit instead but it's simply not worth the dps loss currently.

Burning to be more valuable for MagDK so charged doesn't feel like a crutch, losing 5k ( before bloodthirsty even gives potential ) overall dps for 1.5k burning damage feels pretty *** and makes everything else feel weak, it should compliment not debilitate.

To use any skill in the draconic line in PvE in a serious context without the need to use elf bane ( which I don't because I personally hate it )

For the earthern heart passive to cast or deal damage with every 6 seconds to built 3 ult so the passive is always used instead of 33% of the time.

Trap beast was 7 meters instead of 5 ( like the rest of my melee skills ) AND/OR I had a source of minor force that wasn't stamina or gimmicky (channeled accel cast time ) or crippling ( medusa is crippling versus mother sorrow or really any other good set )

Lastly, other classes have resource recovery, max magicka increases, or spell damage increases, Type damage increase on ALL abilities, instead I have AoE abilities, block increase, health recovery, spell resistance, a small snare, and stam from an earthern heart skill you only cast every 18 seconds.....

You know there are two other specs to DK right? That's not counting PvP. You can't change everything for pve mdk.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feedback for multiple classes and several severe issues in the game:

Grave Grasp:
    One morphs is single targeted with skeleton arms crawling to the enemy and pulling them off their feet (ignores block but not dodge)
    Also deals 1/2 of the single target spammable standard as damage and applies minor maim

The other morph retains the mechanic of three circles.
    The first enemy you hit gets stunned, the next gets rooted and everyone else gets snared.
    The circles also consume bodies and deal damage equal to streak when they do so

Proc sets and malacath:
    With malacath buffing all damage by 25% in the formula, and impen in pvp, proc sets are now back to dealing additional damage equivalent to a crit everytime they proc. This turns many proc sets into big issues again as they offer more damage than any stat set could give you without costing resources or harming your build much. This goes so far that on classes like magnecro procs can easily make up for 60% of your damage in pvp

Healing after battlespirit change:
    The changes to battlespirit in U26 resulted in a 20% healing nerf across the board. This is extremely punishing in CP for specs who rely solely on healing like stamdk.
    In non cp this issue is even more extreme, the change went too far, the middle ground shouldn't be that a single set like venomous smite deals more damage than the main healing ability for stamina specs, vigor, can't outheal it. This is an issue for every class that has no viable class shield or no other means of defense like cloak or streak that prevent others from damaging you. Please tune the healing a bit back.

Health desyncs:
    Damage from stealth especially snipe and all shock damage result in client-side health desyncs which are incredibly frustrating.
    The combination of overload and elemental weapon is guaranteed to desync your HP making it impossible for you to react properly to situations as you just can't know how much Hp you actually have.

Snipe:
    This skill is way to polarizing as it is unusable when you're solo but becomes extremely punishing when outnumbered as you can spam it then, after the initial casttime you have a 1 second interval between hits afterwards, the huge range prevents you from counterplay.
    Change it to be an actual spammable with no casttime and reduce the damage and range accordingly or make it a targeted AoE like ring of fire that has to be aimed manually, this doesn't harm it in PvE but balances it in pvp.
    Also fix the desyncs it generates please.

Blighted Blastbones:
    Major defile on a regular skill is too powerful even at less than 100% uptime as it gives incredible pressure even when not building for damage along with the already high damage the skills deals. This is one of the biggest reasons why stamina necromancers dominate. The skill has to lose major defile especially now that healing overall has been nerfed.

Ball of Lighting:
    This morph offers too much survivability as it completely shuts down ranged builds while also granting protection vs meele skills. The big issue here is that a sorc playing defensively with that skill can't die and he can decide not to die in a moment's notice.
    The skill was more than fine before the absorb duration was increased

Stamden and Stamnecro
    Those specs heavily centralize the discussion as they're a lot more tanky in a fight than any other class while also offering easy to use offence that can be combined to get lots of burst damage. The main issue leading to this is that both classes have 2 whole class skill lines that are defensive focused which gives them a lot more tools to survive. The biggest offenders here are icy wind for warden that scales with HP giving them stronger heals when they build survivability and the mitigation stamina necromancers get from deaden pain, spirit guardian and disdain harm.
    Stamina specs can compensate for offensive shortcomings in their classkits, mag specs can't do

High HP pools:
    With the increase of HP numbers starting with Murkmire the "Tank Meta" has gotten worse because more HP means people can survive burst more easily and thus drawing out fights longer resulting in worse performance in the case of ball groups surviving longer.
    Those high HP pools are fueled by multiple things:
    Health having a 10% higher bonus on food, enchants, set bonuses compared to stamina and magicka
    Max HP modifiers like Juggernaut or minor toughness
    Along with other things
    This situation is worsened by the plethora of HP scaling heals that promote a very defensive game play by stacking more HP to become more tanky ending in the known vicious circle

Overload
    This ultimate is extremely frustrating to play against.
    Reason for this is the health desyncs it creates making fights very luck reliant and very unsatisfying for the person getting hit.
    Secondly Overload promotes a playstyle of turteling until you have 500 ultimate and then overwhelm people with the sheer pressure when sorc in its core is ment to be a burst classthat relies on timing its burst.
    The current state of overload doesn't satisfy, it doesn't fit into any niche for PvE as there the storm atronach is better.
    In PvP you use it because it's the best option but it could synergize a lot more with the overall playstyle of sorcs by making it a single target burst ultimate.

Resistant Flesh (morph)
    As the initial concept is quite clear, it became outdated with overall healing nerf. For Resistant Flesh it's a chain of nerfs, because small amount of healing results in even less mitigation. Minor Defile is a strong debuff and a protective ability giving it should bring something significant to compensate.

Healing on stamplar:
    With changes over the past years that reduced the healing output for stamplar starting with removal of major mending and multiple other changes.
    This results in Templar as the healing class having the worst healing of any stamina classes only somewhat countered by purge which isn't a sufficient help. The change to battlespirit last patch has worsened this issue further to a very critical point.

Stone Giant:
    This skill is contradicting itself while also serving no purpose. Having a longer casttime than any ultimate on a much weaker ability with a small AoE is bad to begin with. Going from a 6m AoE to a ranged skill makes things even worse, either you waste the AoE portion because the enemy isn't in range or the skill is at a huge disadvantage because of its minimum traveltime.
    The secondary effects make a turn for the worse as the additional damage is pitiful and the stun is worse in every single aspect compared to suprise attack.
    There is no reason to ever use this skill as a spammable or in general.

Standardization of minimum traveltimes:
    All ranged abilities have a minimum traveltime even when fired at point blank range. This minimum traveltime differs from skill to skill going from only 200ms up to 1.2 seconds on cliffracer. A longer traveltime is a death sentence for many abilities as you can't hit them when you rely on them. Please standardize all ranged skills to have a 200ms minimum traveltime to help make many skills like strife, cliffracers and many more viable without changing what they do

Arctic Wind:
    Both morphs cater to survivability by increasing your survivability by stacking more health. Magdens are required to build health and use Blast to survive. While Stamdens abuse it. Entirely removing the heal on this morph to buff living trellis by 35% would help a lot to make that skill feel better to use and, would also help balance blast so it can focus on damage and an offensive stun. The stun component is too reliant on enemies. Not the caster. which destroys it's offensive capabilities. Changing the morph entirely to have the stun go to the enemy and, doubling the duration of the frost AoE DoT cloak would go a long way to improve magicka warden's playstyles as it lacks damage options.

Living Dark (morph)
    If this morph became a purely defensive heal (no CC) with its healing power increased slightly and scaled to the highest offensive stats of the caster (stamina/wpn dmg or magicka/spell dmg) then Templar's (especially stamina Templar) issue of not having much self-preservation utility in outnumbered situations would be alleviated greatly. Alternatively instead of increasing the healing tooltip, the cooldown of the healing function could be lowered and if the timeframe is forgiving enough, would achieve the same end-goal of increasing the overall defensive viability of this morph without making the heal more effective than intended in non-outnumbered situations
    Edited by BohnT2 on July 20, 2020 4:44PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AelyinESO wrote: »
    We would to hear about all nerfs coming in Sorcerers. New patch coming (6.1.1) but 0 changes or any explanation about Sorcerers Changes, we already have posted many suggestion about it .. and again Zenimax wants to make hard. @ZOS_GinaBruno

Apart from pet scaling changes, what other nerfs did sorcerers get?
    Can't find anything else in the notes, and crystal frags actually got buffed.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip my stamplar, i was hoping they added some kind of heal to some skills we do use!

nerf to ritual of retribution is really bad
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping for some templar changes based on feedback, but ill continue to be hopeful till the last patch.

Even though the combat preview stated that this patch is designed to address some long standing player concerns about classes, Templars have pretty much received straight nerfs(in pvp), without actually alleviating any of the long standing concerns, like stamina templars low healing capacity, or some of the literally worst passives in the game.
    We were promised that base game classes would receive some changes to their passives to put them more in line with expansion classes, yet this change has been long overdue.
    I was looking at my necromancers passives the other day, and i literally wanted to delete my templar, its so bad.

@ZOS_Gilliam

Some people like Cinbri have listed a dissertaions worth of feedback on templar, with literally none of the concerns being addressed from them.
    Please listen to some of the feedback, at the very least look at some of the overarching concerns.

Thank you.
  • SilverKatz
    SilverKatz
    ✭✭✭
    Feedback for Nightblades.
    It is already a very strong class in dmg and healing in pvp . it was the most op class for 3yrs , and now it is officially the most OP class in game again.

I dont understand why other classes are being nerfed or havnt been buffed for so many pathes . Yet all of a sudden , huge buffing on one class .
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know there are two other specs to DK right? That's not counting PvP. You can't change everything for pve mdk.

Yes and that's why I tried to focus on skills that would least effect any other spec that no one really uses or it just falls flat those who do use it.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    Feedback for multiple classes and several severe issues in the game:

Grave Grasp:
    One morphs is single targeted with skeleton arms crawling to the enemy and pulling them off their feet (ignores block but not dodge)
    Also deals 1/2 of the single target spammable standard as damage and applies minor maim

The other morph retains the mechanic of three circles.
    The first enemy you hit gets stunned, the next gets rooted and everyone else gets snared.
    The circles also consume bodies and deal damage equal to streak when they do so

Proc sets and malacath:
    With malacath buffing all damage by 25% in the formula, and impen in pvp, proc sets are now back to dealing additional damage equivalent to a crit everytime they proc. This turns many proc sets into big issues again as they offer more damage than any stat set could give you without costing resources or harming your build much. This goes so far that on classes like magnecro procs can easily make up for 60% of your damage in pvp

Healing after battlespirit change:
    The changes to battlespirit in U26 resulted in a 20% healing nerf across the board. This is extremely punishing in CP for specs who rely solely on healing like stamdk.
    In non cp this issue is even more extreme, the change went too far, the middle ground shouldn't be that a single set like venomous smite deals more damage than the main healing ability for stamina specs, vigor, can't outheal it. This is an issue for every class that has no viable class shield or no other means of defense like cloak or streak that prevent others from damaging you. Please tune the healing a bit back.

Health desyncs:
    Damage from stealth especially snipe and all shock damage result in client-side health desyncs which are incredibly frustrating.
    The combination of overload and elemental weapon is guaranteed to desync your HP making it impossible for you to react properly to situations as you just can't know how much Hp you actually have.

Snipe:
    This skill is way to polarizing as it is unusable when you're solo but becomes extremely punishing when outnumbered as you can spam it then, after the initial casttime you have a 1 second interval between hits afterwards, the huge range prevents you from counterplay.
    Change it to be an actual spammable with no casttime and reduce the damage and range accordingly or make it a targeted AoE like ring of fire that has to be aimed manually, this doesn't harm it in PvE but balances it in pvp.
    Also fix the desyncs it generates please.

Blighted Blastbones:
    Major defile on a regular skill is too powerful even at less than 100% uptime as it gives incredible pressure even when not building for damage along with the already high damage the skills deals. This is one of the biggest reasons why stamina necromancers dominate. The skill has to lose major defile especially now that healing overall has been nerfed.

Ball of Lighting:
    This morph offers too much survivability as it completely shuts down ranged builds while also granting protection vs meele skills. The big issue here is that a sorc playing defensively with that skill can't die and he can decide not to die in a moment's notice.
    The skill was more than fine before the absorb duration was increased

Stamden and Stamnecro
    Those specs heavily centralize the discussion as they're a lot more tanky in a fight than any other class while also offering easy to use offence that can be combined to get lots of burst damage. The main issue leading to this is that both classes have 2 whole class skill lines that are defensive focused which gives them a lot more tools to survive. The biggest offenders here are icy wind for warden that scales with HP giving them stronger heals when they build survivability and the mitigation stamina necromancers get from deaden pain, spirit guardian and disdain harm.
    Stamina specs can compensate for offensive shortcomings in their classkits, mag specs can't do

High HP pools:
    With the increase of HP numbers starting with Murkmire the "Tank Meta" has gotten worse because more HP means people can survive burst more easily and thus drawing out fights longer resulting in worse performance in the case of ball groups surviving longer.
    Those high HP pools are fueled by multiple things:
    Health having a 10% higher bonus on food, enchants, set bonuses compared to stamina and magicka
    Max HP modifiers like Juggernaut or minor toughness
    Along with other things
    This situation is worsened by the plethora of HP scaling heals that promote a very defensive game play by stacking more HP to become more tanky ending in the known vicious circle

Overload
    This ultimate is extremely frustrating to play against.
    Reason for this is the health desyncs it creates making fights very luck reliant and very unsatisfying for the person getting hit.
    Secondly Overload promotes a playstyle of turteling until you have 500 ultimate and then overwhelm people with the sheer pressure when sorc in its core is ment to be a burst classthat relies on timing its burst.
    The current state of overload doesn't satisfy, it doesn't fit into any niche for PvE as there the storm atronach is better.
    In PvP you use it because it's the best option but it could synergize a lot more with the overall playstyle of sorcs by making it a single target burst ultimate.

Resistant Flesh (morph)
    As the initial concept is quite clear, it became outdated with overall healing nerf. For Resistant Flesh it's a chain of nerfs, because small amount of healing results in even less mitigation. Minor Defile is a strong debuff and a protective ability giving it should bring something significant to compensate.

Healing on stamplar:
    With changes over the past years that reduced the healing output for stamplar starting with removal of major mending and multiple other changes.
    This results in Templar as the healing class having the worst healing of any stamina classes only somewhat countered by purge which isn't a sufficient help. The change to battlespirit last patch has worsened this issue further to a very critical point.

Stone Giant:
    This skill is contradicting itself while also serving no purpose. Having a longer casttime than any ultimate on a much weaker ability with a small AoE is bad to begin with. Going from a 6m AoE to a ranged skill makes things even worse, either you waste the AoE portion because the enemy isn't in range or the skill is at a huge disadvantage because of its minimum traveltime.
    The secondary effects make a turn for the worse as the additional damage is pitiful and the stun is worse in every single aspect compared to suprise attack.
    There is no reason to ever use this skill as a spammable or in general.

Standardization of minimum traveltimes:
    All ranged abilities have a minimum traveltime even when fired at point blank range. This minimum traveltime differs from skill to skill going from only 200ms up to 1.2 seconds on cliffracer. A longer traveltime is a death sentence for many abilities as you can't hit them when you rely on them. Please standardize all ranged skills to have a 200ms minimum traveltime to help make many skills like strife, cliffracers and many more viable without changing what they do

Arctic Wind:
    Both morphs cater to survivability by increasing your survivability by stacking more health. Magdens are required to build health and use Blast to survive. While Stamdens abuse it. Entirely removing the heal on this morph to buff living trellis by 35% would help a lot to make that skill feel better to use and, would also help balance blast so it can focus on damage and an offensive stun. The stun component is too reliant on enemies. Not the caster. which destroys it's offensive capabilities. Changing the morph entirely to have the stun go to the enemy and, doubling the duration of the frost AoE DoT cloak would go a long way to improve magicka warden's playstyles as it lacks damage options.

Living Dark (morph)
    If this morph became a purely defensive heal (no CC) with its healing power increased slightly and scaled to the highest offensive stats of the caster (stamina/wpn dmg or magicka/spell dmg) then Templar's (especially stamina Templar) issue of not having much self-preservation utility in outnumbered situations would be alleviated greatly. Alternatively instead of increasing the healing tooltip, the cooldown of the healing function could be lowered and if the timeframe is forgiving enough, would achieve the same end-goal of increasing the overall defensive viability of this morph without making the heal more effective than intended in non-outnumbered situations

This, please.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and that's why I tried to focus on skills that would least effect any other spec that no one really uses or it just falls flat those who do use it.

Well heal DK uses the other stone fist health, recov is for tank, your damage passive is connected to engulfing, block is for tank, both shields are used on tank in different scenarios, spell resist is for everyone.

With the devs, we got to be careful with DK suggestions. Look at poopfist. I would love some changes to things that wouldn't hurt any spec.

But:

1. No channels or empty casts. The channel aoe is garbage on poopfist. Evey fourth cast causes gameplay hiccup that is akin to a bike chain slipping while pedaling up hill. The aoe makes the ranged ridiculous and an empty cast at range.
    2. Ranged skills don't fit at all in any DK dps.
    3. No more stupid mini games
    want a big burst mini game(both whips)
    Want to sustain mini game(helping hand and battle roar)
    Want to heal mini game(more a slot machine plus does that guy have a purge)

Though mDk has 10% fire damage in engulfing. That's a pretty strong buff since mag DK literally only uses fire.(rip bfb)

A sustain percentage for both mag and Stam would be nice. A melee direct damage skill for the SDK because every type of Stam passive calls for melee or direct. And a passive that buffs direct damage or something that would help both dps.

DK tanks should have a no channel stonefist because tank spammables are interesting and should be added to the game.

DK healers need a synergy and heavy heal that doesn't require a target to hit.

-Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • osthyvel
    osthyvel
    ✭✭
    Grave Grasp: This ability has received significant improvements to its functionality and now does the following:
    The first area now snares enemies hit by 30%, down from 50%.
    The second area now immobilizes enemies hit for up to 4 seconds, rather than snaring them.
    The final area now stuns enemies hit for up to 3 seconds, rather than snaring them.
    Each area continues to apply Minor Maim.

Been playing since Beta and I literally created a forum account TODAY to comment on this. These changes do nothing except maybe benefit beginning PVE users who can't handle multiple types of CC at the same time. I use this ability on a daily basis in PVP and think it's magnificent. You haven't provided "significant improvements" - you've actually nerfed it.

- The ability only provides a 30% snare on enemies in the first circle rather than 50% for the entire AOE. NERF
    - The immobilization would affect a much smaller AOE than in its' current state. NERF
    - No one asked you to add a stun, that literally helps no one and messes up timed burst potential. NERF

Quit adding involuntary stuns like with Surprise Attack. No one asked for this. If you want to give "significant improvement" to the skill then reduce the cost or add some type of buff to it. The reason this skill is great is because of the 50% AOE snare. You write of CLASS IDENTITY. Well a 50% AOE snare is CLASS IDENTITY. Don't remove it or nerf it.
    Edited by osthyvel on July 20, 2020 9:26PM
    Current GM of KNOW YOUR PLACE
    Former GM of TOXIC
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well heal DK uses the other stone fist health, recov is for tank, your damage passive is connected to engulfing, block is for tank, both shields are used on tank in different scenarios, spell resist is for everyone.

With the devs, we got to be careful with DK suggestions. Look at poopfist. I would love some changes to things that wouldn't hurt any spec.

But:

1. No channels or empty casts. The channel aoe is garbage on poopfist. Evey fourth cast causes gameplay hiccup that is akin to a bike chain slipping while pedaling up hill. The aoe makes the ranged ridiculous and an empty cast at range.
    2. Ranged skills don't fit at all in any DK dps.
    3. No more stupid mini games
    want a big burst mini game(both whips)
    Want to sustain mini game(helping hand and battle roar)
    Want to heal mini game(more a slot machine plus does that guy have a purge)

Though mDk has 10% fire damage in engulfing. That's a pretty strong buff since mag DK literally only uses fire.(rip bfb)

A sustain percentage for both mag and Stam would be nice. A melee direct damage skill for the SDK because every type of Stam passive calls for melee or direct. And a passive that buffs direct damage or something that would help both dps.

DK tanks should have a no channel stonefist because tank spammables are interesting and should be added to the game.

DK healers need a synergy and heavy heal that doesn't require a target to hit.

100% agree range doesn't fit, we need sustain, and channeled skills don't fit the class period.

The 10% flame damage is tied to a skill and buffs everyone, so while it is powerful it doesn't put us on a pedestal; being melee we should do more damage than ranged classes.

The trap beast being 7m is a quality of life change much needed, because it confusing when I can hit something with whip but it doesn't hit, it makes it annoying and not intuitive to have to move forward even though the rest works fine.

It's dumb that an intergral passive only works 33% of the time for magdk, changing it to give ult on damage as well isn't that out of the question or overpowered.

Burning should be more integrated instead of just dealing damage on the status effect and giving resources on the initial hit, if it gave resources on each tick it would alleviate the pain of sustain AND make burning equal in terms of chilled for wardens, furthermore, if they made the cooldown 8, or 9 seconds on burning spell weave, it would be a clear identity for magdk with this change and make the set usuable and useful. For stamdk it could be poison but I'm not sure they need the sustain, perhaps take away the reduced cost from world in ruin and deal x amount of poison damage since they are lacking in damage for pve.

Stonefist shouldn't need a target for Obsidian Shard to hit, I'm fine with keeping it a heal. However, magdk needs a passive heal.

Burning talons shouldn't require a set to be viable in pve, it should have a base time and cost compared to other casts for other classes.

Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Stamblade
    Stamblade
    ✭✭
    The nerf to New moon acolyte is ridiculous and we as stam don't even have the option to move to automatons...How are you going to buff War maidens, sword singers, and swamp raider etc (similar sets)....and then leave automatons as is. Are you trying to kill stamblades completely? Bc you're doing a great job of that so far. You can sustain anything in a group, you're only hurting solo players because NMA isn't even used by pve when they can just run briarheart. STOP taking skill out of the game. It takes skill to run NMA as a solo pvp player and we need every bit of damage we can get.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 months in ESO, cp700, stamDK main. I've completed almost everything on vet (dungeons and trials), doing vMA weekly and taking part in trials as much as I can.

What I've noticed is that we are a rare breed. I play on console and the usual reply I get when trying to get into trials is "stamdk still exist?" I love the class, I love the play style and I love dots. However, we are in a bad spot. We desperately need something to make us feel useful in groups. Stonefist was a try but didn't succeed. It is horrible and doesn't feel like a DK skill.

I had to level up a magDK (I only play dks, don't like other classes) to get into trials and feeling useful and don't get me wrong, I love it too but I prefer stamDK. I wouldn't ask much:

1. I'd like to feel useful in dungeons and trials by adding something unique to the group either via skill or debuff. Just something.

2. I've read and heard that dots used to be way more powerful and I do not want to be op. I want to improve and get better. I'd still like to see a buff to poison dots since there's so many awesome sets with unique poison buffs that could make us viable.

3. I'd love to have a proper class (stamina) spammable.

4. StamDK sustain isn't an issue, I find it perfectly balanced. MagDK sustain is horrible. With BfB getting a heavy nerf, I feel I'm in trouble. I have no idea how I'm gonna play in the future when no one seems to want a DK in their group except a tank. We need something to help us out.

I love this game even after such a short time and I really do want to do end game content more too but I feel lost. DK as a class isn't desirable even though I find it the most fun and challenging to play. I do hope the developers look into DK a bit more than these patch notes so far suggest.

Sincerely,

Your lonely stamDK dd.
    Edited by rrimöykk on July 20, 2020 10:35PM