Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So what this lag is teaching us is.

• rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

LOL. Being ESO is one of the top MMORPGs of today's time and has been successful in maintaining and growing its player base, shows Zos is doing something right with creating content and a combat system that interest players. The fact Zos has had to increase capacity on both EU and NA PC servers last year due to an increase in total players says much that they are doing something right.

The fact that ESO has been selling as many copies as FF14 at this stage in its life cycle demonstrates that Zos is doing something right. FF14 is one of the oldest and largest gaming IPs. Much older than TES and WoW IPs.

In the end, there are different types of games and different types of MMORPGs because everyone has different interests. Clearly this game is not for everyone and people should not expect it to be.

That has nothing to do with how good eso is. It is more of a fact that console people are limited to choices when it comes to MMOS. Again the success of the game is more marketing than anything else.

That is also common sense.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is not false then back it up with actual facts. Prove that Zos decided to leave AC in the game because they did not know how to fix it. My logic is sound and at least I have logic. You are just complaining about something and trying to blame it for other

What is funny is you claim my logic is wrong, yet you demonstrated a lack of knowledge of the history of this game since launch in your reply to @Sanguinor2 because they were spot on, accurate, with their facts that moving from a trusted client to having the servers make more checks increased the lag. It was a significant turning point.

I guess that was during your extended absence from the game.

The game, especially Cyrodiil, performed much better, though never perfect before then, and oddly enough AC and weaving of basic attacks were part of the game there. Kind of inconvenient for you that they brought that fact into the thread.

In the end, and after looking at your history of complaining about this game, and the devs, I think a different game is more to your liking. I would suggest staying away from games with highly active combat as they tend to have AC. Maybe WoW or FF14. Just a thought since the recent mid-cycle PTS test Zos did seemed to indicate Zos has every intention to keep weaving in the game. Another fact that is based on Zos' actual actions and comments.

It is like talking to a wall. Ok, want me to prove it? Go look at the patch history. What they tried to change. Was you around for the beta? If you was, do you recall the forum war that went on how people would report each other for using AC as a exploit? And for the longest time, the developers did not say anything about it, but they tried some changes to the combat that was aim to fix it, but did not do it? and they rolled it back? Oh ya? You recall that right?

But here let me help you out. At no point did developers came out and call it a exploit. We the community did for the longest time because it was, it was a unintended element to the combat, that was not part of the vision for a good part of the games life, that was FORCED to be balanced around.

So use some common sense here. What did you want the developers to say? We failed to fix it, and don't got to to change core issues of the game, so we just accept it as a feature now. That would have been more honest, but they just came out and said oh ya well it is a feature. So use it! Spitting in the fact of us testers, who reported this bug, and going back on the changes that was intended to fix it.

I came back because I have some hope for this new team, and the leaders who use to run the show left. The guy who came out and said it was a feature is gone, and i got high hopes for the new leaders to give us the game, that us testers wanted.

First off, there are a number of "forum wars" in beta. That is not to uncommon either. Second, you are speaking in overly generalized terms which is pretty meaningless.

Let me help you out with what really matters. The fact is Cyrodiil performance was much better during the first couple years of the game and after multiple changes Zos made, going from a trusted client to having the servers, adding more calculations via CP and new buffs/debuffs, et,al, performance decreased.

Oddly, weaving and AC were in the game all along. Also ,note the last post.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL. Being ESO is one of the top MMORPGs of today's time and has been successful in maintaining and growing its player base, shows Zos is doing something right with creating content and a combat system that interest players. The fact Zos has had to increase capacity on both EU and NA PC servers last year due to an increase in total players says much that they are doing something right.

The fact that ESO has been selling as many copies as FF14 at this stage in its life cycle demonstrates that Zos is doing something right. FF14 is one of the oldest and largest gaming IPs. Much older than TES and WoW IPs.

In the end, there are different types of games and different types of MMORPGs because everyone has different interests. Clearly this game is not for everyone and people should not expect it to be.

That has nothing to do with how good eso is. It is more of a fact that console people are limited to choices when it comes to MMOS. Again the success of the game is more marketing than anything else.

That is also common sense.

You might want to note that I pointed out the PC servers are the ones Zos had to increase capacity. I was also referring to the work last year as the recent increase in capacity for PC/EU obviously has a Covid influence.
    '
    So yes, I used common sense. lol Thx.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is not false then back it up with actual facts. Prove that Zos decided to leave AC in the game because they did not know how to fix it. My logic is sound and at least I have logic. You are just complaining about something and trying to blame it for other

What is funny is you claim my logic is wrong, yet you demonstrated a lack of knowledge of the history of this game since launch in your reply to @Sanguinor2 because they were spot on, accurate, with their facts that moving from a trusted client to having the servers make more checks increased the lag. It was a significant turning point.

The game, especially Cyrodiil, performed much better, though never perfect before then, and oddly enough AC and weaving of basic attacks were part of the game there. Kind of inconvenient for you that they brought that fact into the thread.

In the end, and after looking at your history of complaining about this game, and the devs, I think a different game is more to your liking. I would suggest staying away from games with highly active combat as they tend to have AC. Maybe WoW or FF14. Just a thought since the recent mid-cycle PTS test Zos did seemed to indicate Zos has every intention to keep weaving in the game. Another fact that is based on Zos' actual actions and comments.

It is like talking to a wall. Ok, want me to prove it? Go look at the patch history. What they tried to change. Was you around for the beta? If you was, do you recall the forum war that went on how people would report each other for using AC as a exploit? And for the longest time, the developers did not say anything about it, but they tried some changes to the combat that was aim to fix it, but did not do it? and they rolled it back? Oh ya? You recall that right?

But here let me help you out. At no point did developers came out and call it a exploit. We the community did for the longest time because it was, it was a unintended element to the combat, that was not part of the vision for a good part of the games life, that was FORCED to be balanced around.

So use some common sense here. What did you want the developers to say? We failed to fix it, and don't got to to change core issues of the game, so we just accept it as a feature now. That would have been more honest, but they just came out and said oh ya well it is a feature. So use it! Spitting in the fact of us testers, who reported this bug, and going back on the changes that was intended to fix it.

I came back because I have some hope for this new team, and the leaders who use to run the show left. The guy who came out and said it was a feature is gone, and i got high hopes for the new leaders to give us the game, that us testers wanted.

First off, there are a number of "forum wars" in beta. That is not to uncommon either. Second, you are speaking in overly generalized terms which is pretty meaningless.

Let me help you out with what really matters. The fact is Cyrodiil performance was much better during the first couple years of the game and after multiple changes Zos made, going from a trusted client to having the servers, adding more calculations via CP and new buffs/debuffs, et,al, performance decreased.

Again, it all adds up. Spells and Skills should be a choice base off the animation, not just the GCD. It is silly to say that bypassing animation and spamming skills base off the GCD does not have a impact on the servers. Mind you, healing is another issues in itself.

But being able to spam every skill as fast as the GCD lets you, bypass any choice needing to be made in combat, and Animation should be a factor in the choices you make in combat. That would save some server load, and require more skill with choice when to use certain attacks. Now the game has even more players due to console release, and even more skills. The servers are crying tears of blood.

AC needs to go, we been saying it for years. The game combat is hinder by it. It takes away the skill of the combat, and adds to the server load.
    Edited by rager82b14_ESO on May 1, 2020 4:29AM
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭

Again, it all adds up. Spells and Skills should be a choice base off the animation, not just the GCD. It is silly to say that bypassing animation and spamming skills base off the GCD does not have a impact on the servers. Mind you, healing is another issues in itself.

But being able to spam every skill as fast as the GCD lets you, bypass any choice needing to be made in combat, and Animation should be a factor in the choices you make in combat. That would save some server load, and require more skill with choice when to use certain attacks. Now the game has even more players due to console release, and even more skills. The servers are crying tears of blood.

AC needs to go, we been saying it for years. The game combat is hinder by it. It takes away the skill of the combat, and adds to the server load.

But bypassing animations in itself does not effect the servers... It only affects the client where animations are rendered.
    Not to mention going off animations would be a balance catastrophe as skills would be hindered by the art work put into them.
    And you'd have to sync animations the with the server somehow, which would add more glitches. Not to mention require the same if not more calculations.
    Edited by Pinja on May 1, 2020 4:37AM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But being able to spam every skill as fast as the GCD lets you, bypass any choice needing to be made in combat, and Animation should be a factor in the choices you make in combat. That would save some server load, and require more skill with choice when to use certain attacks.

You can have the opinion that animation and GCd should line up but even in games with simpler combat designs, a player does not wait for the animation to end before they tell the game what action to take next. It seems you are really complaining that ESO has a faster pace combat that many MMORPGs.

That is an opinion that you can certainly have. That does not mean it is a problem.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »

But bypassing animations in itself does not effect the servers... It only affects the client where animations are rendered.
    Not to mention going off animations would be a balance catastrophe as skills would be hindered by the art work put into them.
    And you'd have to sync animations the with the server somehow, which would add more glitches. Not to mention require the same if not more calculations.

So you saying other fast pace combats does something thing game can't? Hmmm

Edited by rager82b14_ESO on May 1, 2020 4:44AM
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an opinion that you can certainly have. That does not mean it is a problem.

Nah fast pace combat is not the problem. Gw2 combat, and BDO combat is just as fast if not faster than this game. It is just done so much better.

I want the combat to require more skill and thinking. It can still keep its fast pace, but balance around making clear choices in what skills you want. Right now this fast pace combat you all talking about takes very little skill.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah fast pace combat is not the problem. Gw2 combat, and BDO combat is just as fast if not faster than this game. It is just done so much better.

I want the combat to require more skill and thinking. It can still keep its fast pace, but balance around making clear choices in what skills you want. Right now this fast pace combat you all talking about takes very little skill.

I don't think so. Some people are clearly better at it than others, suggesting it's a skill of some sort. And folks show up on the forums all the time trying to get insight into how their opponents were so strong, so there's definately a learning curve.
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »

So you saying other fast pace combats does something thing game can't? Hmmm

You kinda miss edited my quote there, but there would be factors in the development of that concept that would make performance worse, as every animation would need it's own distinctive timer clocked by the server. It's wouldn't be a matter of getting rid of GCD you'd just give it more variables.
    This game already has a large demand of diverse calculations clocked on it and the idea would just hurt it, not to say ESO couldn't do it.
    Edited by Pinja on May 1, 2020 4:57AM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »

I don't think so. Some people are clearly better at it than others, suggesting it's a skill of some sort. And folks show up on the forums all the time trying to get insight into how their opponents were so strong, so there's definately a learning curve.

I mean that is for any thing really. I'm saying that the combat is so poorly done that many people don't care to do it. And they pay a price because the game is balance around doing it. So the combat system is so tedious, and makes no sense from a rpg mindset.

Someone who does AC is not really more skilled. It is easy to do, just not fun to do for a good chunk of the player base and they pay the price.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • ZOS: Too stingy to spend money on better hardware and resources to optimize their game.
    • Players: This teaches us that combat system is bad, and we need new one that makes us stop noticing that company's incompetent and doesn't care about its customers.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • ZOS: Too stingy to spend money on better hardware and resources to optimize their game.
    • Players: This teaches us that combat system is bad, and we need new one that makes us stop noticing that company's incompetent and doesn't care about its customers.

Ya because money fixes all problems right? Foolish logic.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If money is not capable of fixing problems, then it's about time to stop paying them. But yes, to answer your question, you have no idea what makes the game laggy, yet you speculate on it and consider it a base for new combat system. It's the summit of foolishness.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol that you felt the need to edit out the substance but that is ok.

It is great that different games do combat differently. Just because we like one more than another does not mean one is actually better. We all have our opinions on what we like. While I find BDO kind of boring and the combat trash you are of the opinion it is better than ESO.

Sounds like you find the games that suit your taste and that is great. As I pointed out earlier, with the tremendous success ESO has been having over the years it seems Zos is doing something very right with their combat system. Ofc, that does not mean everyone will like it and that is perfectly fine. In reality, all you said in the OP is you are one of those that does not like it and nothing more.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If money is not capable of fixing problems, then it's about time to stop paying them. But yes, to answer your question, you have no idea what makes the game laggy, yet you speculate on it and consider it a base for new combat system. It's the summit of foolishness.

To suggest that money could fix the issue with the servers are this way because they are not paying enough into servers..I don't even know how to respond to it. It is just so silly.

Either way, you do you. [Snip], that deflects the fact that AC is a problem.

[Edited for rude content]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on May 1, 2020 2:30PM
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean that is for any thing really. I'm saying that the combat is so poorly done that many people don't care to do it. And they pay a price because the game is balance around doing it. So the combat system is so tedious, and makes no sense from a rpg mindset.

Someone who does AC is not really more skilled. It is easy to do, just not fun to do for a good chunk of the player base and they pay the price.

Well seems like your making 2 points now, 1) that animation canceling isn't good for immersion, and 2) eso's combat system doesn't require skill.

1) I'd agree with, 2) I would not. This game has a pretty high skill ceiling IMHO, which you can see by just how hard the hardest vet hard modes are, or how cutthroat pvp is.

In a BG when 1 player has a 1:10 kill to death ratio and another is 10:1, that's pretty clear evidence to me that one of them is way more skilled (of course one may just have better gear, but often they're both in gold gear of their choice).

Or cyrodiil combat, (when it works), is extremely strategic. Solo bomblade kamakazi trying to set up the perfect detonation? Or setting up a big siege line after cutting off a keep's reinforcements? Or leading a high end striketeam in an Alamo style guerilla warfare defense holding out against a Zerg?

I assume you disagree with this, but the reason ppl get so worked up about cyrodiil performance is that the combat design is REALLY good and you can't get it anywhere else. It is both fast and strategic. So when cyrodiil is permanently broken it's not like you can just go play ffiv instead, no other game has an experience like cyrodiil.
    Edited by worrallj on May 1, 2020 5:26AM
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The light/heavy attack "weaving" sucks, and animation canceling is tedious..that all this combat lag has taught us is that we really need a reworked combat system.

This actually makes no sense. 😕
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_lags wrote: »
    The light/heavy attack "weaving" sucks, and animation canceling is tedious..that all this combat lag has taught us is that we really need a reworked combat system.

I mean to most of us it does. Sorry you don't understand.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL. Have you read the replies in this thread?

Yes, most of us do understand which is why what they quoted makes no sense.
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    @rager82b14_ESO it seems like your trying to revive a dead horse with you conjecture. Towing lines from a debate that was lost by your side ages ago. Going under the guise that it's performance talk, without giving any clue as to how it'll improve performance. Citing your posts as a representative of the community (which many would not support you,) not even embracing your true constituents, the noobs and casuals.

Rather then say you want to nerf trials to be to your level, you'd ruin peoples edge and thrill.
    Reminds me of the Gray host.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see the same people saying same things, and I also see people agree with me. You only see one side. I explained what I mean, and most people understand what I mean. You just don't agree.

Not my problem.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see the same people saying same things, and I also see people agree with me. You only see one side. I explained what I mean, and most people understand what I mean. You just don't agree.

Not my problem.

Not many agreed with you.

I merely pointed out your supposed logic in the OP is tremendously flawed, that your comment about the devs choice to let weaving remain in the game was false and you were unable to prove otherwise, and had you finally reveal your complaint is not about lag but that you just have different preferences in combat design. Again, enjoy weaving basic attacks because as I pointed out earlier, Zos' current combat team made it clear they have no interest in removing them. So yea, not my problem. lol
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO's combat system (when it doesn't lag) is the best of any MMO out there. If you don't like, it go play something else instead of trying to make ESO into another boring tab target dull [snip] MMO.

[Edit for censor bypass.]

giphy.gif
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO 2 please.
  • Steev_z
    Steev_z
    ✭✭
    ZoS fix LAG after 6 years we had enough : (
    Why don't you care for your players??
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is basically better ping and better gear - strip them from their gear and give them a higher ping and they are not skilled.

This is one of the problems with ESO's progression system - the player is not getting significantly better, instead his gear is.
    Edited by Lysette on May 1, 2020 11:56AM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think lag or whatever is causing this game to not function properly is teaching us that majority of the players are content with the fact that the glass is half empty. They continue playing no matter what the situation is.

I'm not much of a "gamer" and I personally think maybe ESO was ahead of its time. More advanced technology would have made this game shine.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

It is not false. As you can tell from my name. I was around and a tester for the game. I've been around, I know more than most of the community when it comes to what designs, what has been said, and what they failed to fix. And turn around and lie to our faces saying it is a feature, when they tried to fix the same problem two patches ago.

Your logic is wrong, The combat was design for not having AC. They tried to fix it, and failed. Had to roll back the changes, and when they at last found out that they was not skilled enough to fix the problem, or it would take them too long. They started talking about it being a feature.

That is a simple fact, a history lesson for you. I'm calling a spade a spade when it comes to the developers. This combat design was not what was promise, and not what we testers signed up for, and tested for. They could not fix it, and so instead of players calling these people exploiting the system out and reporting them. The devs did the only logical thing they could have done, to prevent a civil war with each other. Called it a feature.

Now adding more skills, more things, and people exploiting more and more. The servers are crying, and it is the developers own fault for not getting this problem fixed when we asked them to do it.[/quote]

This is what you chose to see, not what happened. I was in beta as well. I was at the studio testing before the beta. I've been to the studio many times after. I've talked with the devs plenty. Let's be perfectly clear here. Animation canceling is not an exploit.

People trying to say it is an exploit and bringing discussion of people being cheaters are people you absolutely dont want to take serious in ESO. To think it's simple to rewrite the rythm of combat so easily and actually rework a forced cooldown to lock your character for the sake of removing it is actually a terrible idea at this point.

Most people are simply weaving. They light attack and then skill. This is 2 commands sent. I rarely cancel, as in block to cut the animation. The skill will cut the light animation. You know what stress that puts in the server? Nothing. The animations are client side. The server received 2 skills it executed fine.

The server issues are not tied at all to people weaving in combat. There are so many other factors of combat that can be addressed. Look at the amount of buffs being tracked along with heals stacked and suddenly you'll see a behemoth of an issue versus 'AC causing lag'. Are you kidding me?

You may have been around in beta, but that doesnt mean you know anything more than the next guy. You're creating a story to fit your narrative. Weaving isnt a performance issue. If you dont like the combat, that's a separate issue, just like performance is separate from this. Leave it alone. Theres other productive battles to fight.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 2, 2020 5:37PM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I think lag or whatever is causing this game to not function properly is teaching us that majority of the players are content with the fact that the glass is half empty. They continue playing no matter what the situation is.

I'm not much of a "gamer" and I personally think maybe ESO was ahead of its time. More advanced technology would have made this game shine.

ZOS and Zenimax in a whole are too greedy to make this really shine and be No.1 fantasy MMO - this is what disables them.
This discussion has been closed.