Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VMA and VDSA weapons will have perfected versions but your weapon won't be upgraded automatically.

• roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭
    you mean my way above 1k + vma runs to get all what i wanted for all my account

should be...redone?? like...srsly?

ok then while we are here why not to raise all gear level to let's say 180cp?

it won't be more ugly than what you are doing now ZOS =/

This is just testing the waters for when they want increase the level cap on gear.
    Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caelc wrote: »
    it may not be possible to upgrade them automatically. its not the same as changing a set stat. These will have the blue versions still in the game so they may not be able to differentiate what was already farmed and what was farmed after the patch.

Easy.

Change the stats on the current ones to "perfected". We know they can do that as do it every patch with a bunch of sets. Optional: rename the items. (Pretty sure they can do that to but just in case)
    Introduce current vMA weapons as a new item which drops from normal. Optional: name them "faded" if renaming existing ones to "perfected" is not possible.

Done. Any kind of "this might not be technically possible" is pure bull.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Caelc wrote: »
    it may not be possible to upgrade them automatically. its not the same as changing a set stat. These will have the blue versions still in the game so they may not be able to differentiate what was already farmed and what was farmed after the patch.

Easy.

Change the stats on the current ones to "perfected". We know they can do that as do it every patch with a bunch of sets. Optional: rename the items. (Pretty sure they can do that to but just in case)
    Introduce current vMA weapons as a new item which drops from normal. Optional: name them "faded" if renaming existing ones to "perfected" is not possible.

Done. Any kind of "this might not be technically possible" is pure bull.

Heh. Just rename them to "Perfected" and call it a day.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 17, 2020 5:29PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • price101610
    price101610
    ✭✭✭
    Keep up the pressure for a suitable alternative to the current absurd levels of rng, but I want to acknowledge how awesome it will be to have better vma and vdsa weapons. Insta boost your dps, just sayin...
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep up the pressure for a suitable alternative to the current absurd levels of rng, but I want to acknowledge how awesome it will be to have better vma and vdsa weapons. Insta boost your dps, just sayin...

The USED to have those traits... ZoS took them away... now they want to add them back in and make you run the content again!
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Oathsworn - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    66,110 achievement points
  • price101610
    price101610
    ✭✭✭
    Before my time, but I can understand the frustration for everyone that had gear nerfed
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Time and time again over the last year or so you just have to wonder how a group of game developers can be so completely out of touch with what the players of their game would enjoy. For all who have tortured through vMA to get our weapons...this is like one, big middle finger. Just one more thing that is seriously incomprehensible. :/
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We didn't have to regrind VMA weapons when they were changed from an enchantment to an item set.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im seriously dissapointed. I did VDSA 3 times and was lucky enough to get inferno staff and bow, and I swore never to do pve again, since I only rly pvp, but I had some nice friends who helped me get them, and now....ah whatever, why bother..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • cbjr73
    cbjr73
    ✭✭
    More ways for ZOS to re-use and rehash the same old content in new ways because they know the player base will cave and do it. Saves them from having to create new and interesting things
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This a bad decision in a series of bad decisions. Your game is broken, so the solution is to put people back on the hamster wheel we have already been on as a distraction?

They better introduce reasonable mechanism to upgrade existing weapons. People have spent thousands of hours and countless amounts of in game resources to get these weapons already. This is despicable.
  • Envvy
    Envvy
    ✭✭✭
    done with this game now bye
    Flawless Conqueror. PS5/PC CP:1K+.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it's artificial. We all get them. Anybody who had them before can get them again if they choose. This will cause endgame players to chose between quitting and regrinding gear they already have, but those that remain will get the same DPS increase you do. Nothing special about it.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But it's artificial. We all get them. Anybody who had them before can get them again if they choose. This will cause endgame players to chose between quitting and regrinding gear they already have, but those that remain will get the same DPS increase you do. Nothing special about it.

Not to mention when DPS once again gets too high it's almost always the class skills that get the counter nerf. Making classes feel less unique. More DPS isn't what this game needs.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, guys, now that vMA is bugged with lag, it is harder, they just realized that for harder content you should receive better rewards! :trollface:

More serious note, i usually do vMA weekly for fun, but i feel really discouraged going in knowing that the "rewards" I will get are worth nothing anyway...
  • price101610
    price101610
    ✭✭✭
    I fail to understand your argument. Dps for endgame doesn’t change if you don’t want to regrind. New players will automatically see increased dps from their new weapons. Nma and NDSA are so easy people can do it at 160. I think the emphasis should be on finding a solution for zos to appease those of us that have grinded those places to the point of absurdity to get all the drops we wanted, so all our effort will not have been in vain.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just let us upgrade our weapons to perfected with gold mats and transmute crystals but make it very expensive, for example if I want to upgrade my Master Bow to perfected make it cost like 20 rosin and 200 transmute crystals or something like that. Forcing people to grind these weapons again would be extremely frustrating and I definitely will not be doing that at this stage in the game personally.
  • price101610
    price101610
    ✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Just let us upgrade our weapons to perfected with gold mats and transmute crystals but make it very expensive, for example if I want to upgrade my Master Bow to perfected make it cost like 20 rosin and 200 transmute crystals or something like that. Forcing people to grind these weapons again would be extremely frustrating and I definitely will not be doing that at this stage in the game personally.
    That’s too excessive, but an alternative should be made available
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao, ZOS can get bent with these changes. Already shelved this game and if this goes live it all but insures I won’t be coming back to this hell hole.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just such a mind boggling decision.
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Crimson_Fxxker
    Crimson_Fxxker
    Soul Shriven
    Knowledge wrote: »
    According to ZOS_Brianwheeler our existing weapons will not be upgraded.”

This is a slap to the face of everyone who actually grinded for the VMA weapons. Now we’re going to have to go back because someone doesn’t want to take the extra efforts to copy and the coding? What’s next, a Crown Store item that will upgrade said items for 4K Crowns?
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY!!! i can get the maelstrom bow and dragonstar resto staff 👍🏼

#filthycasual
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roflcopter wrote: »
    you mean my way above 1k + vma runs to get all what i wanted for all my account

should be...redone?? like...srsly?

ok then while we are here why not to raise all gear level to let's say 180cp?

it won't be more ugly than what you are doing now ZOS =/

This is just testing the waters for when they want increase the level cap on gear.

why? there is no benefit in increasing the gear cap...
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ayu_fever wrote: »
    FINALLY!!! i can get the maelstrom bow and dragonstar resto staff 👍🏼

#filthycasual

And no one begrudges you that. What we're discussing here is that you will get from normal content what others got from vet content. It's providing veteran rewards for doing easier content. The weapons already in game ARE the vet rewards, therefore the perfected versions. They should be adding non-perfected to the game and making the existing weapons the perfected versions, not putting the current weapons into normal in order to introduce a new perfected weapon -- it's back-arsewards.
  • dickeybarret
    dickeybarret
    ✭✭
    For one, I'm glad more players will have access to DSA and VMA equipment. Having people geared properly can only help things on the whole. However. Being one that has spent plenty of hours and 100s of runs getting what I need from that place, the notion of having to do that all again sorta makes my stomach turn. Simple solution. IF coding to upgrade everyone who currently has VMA/DSA weapons is too hard, simply mail people the corresponding perfected item if they have a VMA/DSA weapon in their inventory (as since right now the only way to acquire them is through vet) before the patch goes live. Then the people that invested time and effort don't feel like they wasted their time, while still keeping things accessible to the larger playerbase. Just my 2 gold on things...
  • NocturnalSonata
    NocturnalSonata
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure i have the incentive to grind 50+ runs AGAIN to get an inferno staff. In fact, given the abysmal performance in general, i find it more and more enticing just to move on and invest time in a different game. I would say, now is not a good time to significantly add grievance to the player base.

What i cannot fathom is that they nerfed the vMA gear stats once before, why not just upgrade the pre-existing ones?

[Edited for Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on April 17, 2020 7:04PM
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    Not upgrading the existing weapons is a nice big fat SCREW YOU to everyone who pulled their hairs out farming this boring nightmare called vma for months trying to get weapons in the correct trait, then again (and again) when best traits changed with the patches. And while we now have a transmute option, I still know people who took 50 something runs to even get the weapon in a bad trait.

What a terrible decision.

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I guess my first question is whether it is even realistic, from the game/server perspective, to upgrade them? Is it even something that they could do, and get it right? I mean, I can see the "no soup for you" coming from them, but there might be more to it than just an arbitrary "no" decision.

Don't see why not. I mean, that shouldn't even be something hard to code.

They could differentiate between old jewelry and new with the JC system added and this will be even less intensive.

There isn't any division in existing MA weapons now. The new way will split them into vet and normal versions, so they will have to be added to one or the other. They are all "veteran" versions essentially. They could be put into the veteran category as easily as the normal category.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • SoulAffliction
    SoulAffliction
    ✭✭✭
    I believe someone mentioned earlier getting rid of RNG for both vMA & vDSA...

I’d go one step further and would suggest that upon completion of vMA or vDSA, you should get a choice of what weapon you want (like how you choose the Fighter’s Guild Prismatic)...

However; maybe leaving the trait as RNG, leaving transmutation viable still.

Thoughts?
  • jimmulvaney
    jimmulvaney
    ✭✭✭
    Don't the perfected weapons from Asylum Sanctorium only drop on Vet HM? Since VMA doesn't exactly have a hard mode yet; unless they are going to use one of those achievos as the HM equivalent, why wouldn't you be expected to do it again... on hard mode? What they need is a currency system like Tel Var or Undaunted Keys so you can pick and choose your rewards from a vendor that shows at the end of an Arena, locking the Vet and Vet HM versions behind the corresponding achievements (like they do the achievement furnishings vendor), of course.