The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update 26 Combat Preview

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your current VMA and DSA Weapons will not be automatically upgraded to Perfected versions.

I'm beginning to genuinely think that you hate the people who play your game.

So we *used to have* 1-piece stat bonuses on these weapons. And you took them away. Now you're putting that bonus on a new weapon that we all have to farm again.

How very ZOS of you.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nooooo noo noooooo.

VMA was a lot of people's crowning achievement back then and felt so proud to finish it. Normal is doable with low level characters and light attacks and now all those hours doing vMA means nothing? Just have the blue ones be worse instead of introducing perfected ones. Or upgrade the ones already dropped in the past. They represent memories and struggle. Dont do this to us
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert - if somebody were to make such a statement regarding the issue with old arena weapons:
    qJL3TgY.png
    Wouldn´t you agree that this is kind of a slippery slope?

I mean the equavalent would be that the 2018 car that you bought is now discounted at 10% of the original price (you can earn it in normal mode) - effectively devaluing that you earned massively.

It would also mean that the car company at some point went and downgraded your engine from 200 to 150 horsepower for standardization reasons (took away 1p bonuses of existing arena weapons).

Then the company came up a year later with the same car you bought in 2018 - that you no longer have because they then downgraded it in 2019 - and said you can buy it again for the original 2018 price?

In the real world calling that a scam would probably the nicest way to put it no - heh :trollface:

@ZOS_RichLambert

My main issue with that line of argument is that the means of acquisition is not new. Sure, there's new power in itemization each patch. That require running new content (new trial, new dungeon, etc.) or at least different content.

For example, in 2016 when old VR14 content was upgraded to VR16/CP160, yes, we had to re-run old content to get "new" gear. But the content had also changed. It was rescaled and buffed. It wasn't the same thing and was, in a way, new.

Now, if this introduction of Perfected vMA weapons was accompanied by a re-buffing of vMA to counter the years of power creep or if the conditions of acquisition was somehow different (e.g., requiring a single-sitting run or whatever), then your argument that this is "new" would hold more water. But if the means of acquisition remains identical, then it's a hollow argument that I think few would accept.

As counter-intuitive as it may seem, because it would mean more pain for me, I would actually be okay with having to re-acquire Perfected vMA weapons if, say, you had also buffed the difficulty of vMA.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have probably never posted on these forums in my life until now, and I have played this game since beta. The amount of damage you have done with changes in this game in regards to healers has been downright abysmal. They have become obsolete in most of the aging dungeon content after nerfs to orbs/springs, and most definitely in PvP after this. You guys slid in the BG solo queue change deep in your patch notes, which has already destroyed a "TEAM" based feature and also made BGs as a healer impossible to play. Why even have healing trees if you can't utilize them? I thought PvP was your initial end-game ideology, yet you are excluding a very specific type of class that has been in MMOs since the beginning.

And then to make huge changes to bis weapons in content that has been out for years, and force us to refarm them? Is this your idea on how to keep the game "alive"? That is dirty and disrespectful to your player base.

I have invested literally thousands of dollars into your crownstore between PS4 and PC with hope that my money would help fund this game into progressive changes, but these are not progressive changes. I personally have been downright disappointed in the majority of your content for the last year.

I recommend that you put more focus on fixing the bigger issues occurring, like the desynching issues /dungeon queue/disconnects visiting houses that we're experiencing that is making the game nearly unplayable, instead of just making us more mad and forcing us to farm content we have completed quite some time ago.

And to think I was about to start on PC, I still will but I definitely need to stop giving them money. They're not even using it in the right way.
  • FedericoBiS
    FedericoBiS
    ✭✭
    Please reconsider giving us the perfected versions of vMA and vDSA weapons if we've already done them in vet. I have 10 dps characters, thats 5 vMA infernos and 5 vMA bows, plus a few extras for the prismatic enchant. All golded out and transmuted. You mean to tell me I have to grind vMA again for who knows how long to get 5 more infernos and 5 more bows! Then I have to gold them out too, and transmute them on top of that! And craft weapon dmg glyph to put on backbar! I got my 1st vDSA restro this week, after doing it many times, now I have to go get another one?
    Sure, its ez enough to do vMA in 45min, but I DONT WANT TO, been there, done that. Never again I want to farm that place. So upgrade our weapons to perfected, its a nobrainer.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excuse me?

You took away our original weapon bonuses and now want us to repeat all that content all over again just to get back what we had before you took it away. Just “because”? Even upgrade mats aside, that feels like a real slap in the face for absolutely no good reason at all.

Speaking for myself, I don’t play with people who play games with me. As a longtime fan of TES and ESO, I’m sorely disappointed that so many changes, and this one above all, feel like that.

Please reconsider.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • novapixel
    novapixel
    ✭✭
    [snip]. You have altered maelstrom weapons and set bonuses just fine in the past so come on, that's not believeable. :^)

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 17, 2020 5:45PM
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only scenario this would make a sliver of sense is having a third (lol) level of difficulty like nightmare on those, since theyre already very old and not challenging anymore.

EVEN THEN, this would cause most ppl to rage over having another insanely skill wall for better gear.
  • Ethyarion
    Ethyarion
    ✭✭✭
    It's cheaper to make you run the same old content over and over for new shinies than design new meaningful content.

ZoS is out of ideas and out of touch.
    [AD] Tariel Lithaldoren 1000+ cp Stamina Nightblade
    [AD] Ethyarion Lithaldoren 1000+ cp Templar Healtank
    [AD] Keridwen Drachenfels 1000+ cp Stamina DK Tank
    [AD] Kerridwen Drachenfels 1000+ cp Stamina DK
    [AD] Drachenfels Wyndrunner 1000+ cp Stamina Warden
    [AD] Drachenfels Shadowstrike 1000+ cp Stamina Sorceror
    [DC] Ethyarion 1000+cp Magika Nightblade
    [EP] Abbra Cadaver 1000+cp Magika Necromancer

PC EU Server
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, relax. We haven't seen the patch notes yet. Sounds like this is just small, out of context details to just give us the heads up. Don't worry. I'm sure the big picture is much worse.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your current VMA and DSA Weapons will not be automatically upgraded to Perfected versions.

Even if I have Flawless? Sad

"so we are making adjustments to Battlespirit which now reduces healing taken by 60% instead of 50%"
    All I see is screw magblade, otherwise I like the idea.
    I honestly don't know what is better, doing it like this or adressing the classes that have crazy healing cough cough DK cough
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • goldbond2000
    Also, bravo for the impen changes. How about a mundus that gives you a certain amount of crit resist? Would be nice to be able to swap mundus stones on gear that's used for pve and pvp instead of farming 2 sets.
  • maxchaos92
    maxchaos92
    ✭✭
    WHAT? I got old farming all the weapon i Need,even After i get One inferno or one bow i needed to redo It again for a spare with prismatic enchant and you are saying this? I already won't subscribe mi eso+ for this month and don't get the dlc because of the performance,then you would do this? To add "longevity" to the game? And yes I'm a min-maxer so i need that perfected staff,but probably won't farm It because i'll already stop playing,like I've already done in the past,but then like always you go back one step when you see people leaving,and incourage them to get back again.

Solution? Transform at least two of each weapon in perfected,for account,so we don't urge to complete 10 vma a day
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

So any news on when the servers will not be at 200 ping? It would be nice to not have my reaction time doubled and with a 400ms reaction window for the inputs to actually work. Are we ever going to see the server hardware improved for the servers to handle all of changes over the years.

Most other current big title games sit at 20-40ms ping

For most fighting games (which is close to how the mechanics for eso are based on) inputs are taken every 16-20ms
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I suspect that you can't do this because you don't know how to do this without possibly breaking the code of the game.

They change existing set bonuses all the time. There were occasions of sets being re-named too. I do not see how is it impossible to do.
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it took me 71 runs of vma to get an inferno staff. and yes, i counted. because that was how much rng sucked. and i know a lot of people with similar stories when they were going for bows, lightning, whatever the current meta was at the time. farming vma for drops is a total time sink sometimes. the place can be torture if you are not lucky and end game chasers do it because they have to for that last couple drops of dps. making us refarm it is a slap in the face of zos just not caring, AGAIN.

its just one more "last straw" moment for players who are already on the edge of quitting and considering other games. We already deal with laggy, buggy content. skills that dont work half the time, content that glitches out, mobs that glitch out, stupid crap that happens, meta that changes every patch/chapter, farming new gear every time zos wants more money. but now refarming old content thats rng-torture heavy AGAIN? what on earth is even the point.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Thicclady
    Thicclady
    ✭✭✭
    This is travesty! I am a HEALER, those places was real pain for me I spent 200+ hours training on Maelstrom getting my healing weapons!

This gives an other good reason to quit the game, as if there isn't enough already.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... if there are perfected weapons, is there something different about how to acquire them? Or it's basically just farming the same gear in the same dungeon under the same conditions?

If so... who thought this was a good idea?

And also, are vMA weapons in their current state really gonna be dropping in blue in normal?

BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE SOME SERIOUS *** FOR LITTERALLY EVERY PLAYER WHO HAD TO PUSH THEMSELVES TO GET THOSE IN THE FIRST PLACE & CAN NOW FARM THE PLACE EASY BECAUSE THEY DEDICATED TIME AND EFFORT TO GET BETTER.

Edited by gabriebe on April 17, 2020 5:45PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    I like almost all of the changes, and almost everything is great... except the Veteran Maelstrom and Dragonstar Arena weapons not being upgraded automatically to Perfected. I know, that you are probably against "instant gratification" - but this is different. There are certain limits what is "ok" and "not ok" to do.

Arena weapons are special. Those are "trophy" gear. It requires a lot of time and effort to get it, and the veteran content is not an easy one. Right now, it looks bad, as you are basically making people to re-grind that content - "deleting" time & effort people have spend doing that content. It is no different than rising a gear cap to lets say CP 180 and not upgrading for example trial gear or monster helmets automatically - effectively forcing everyone to re-do the very hard content. The thing is that the "trophy" gear will not be a "trophy" gear anymore.

This one thing casts a shadow on what could otherwise be a very good update. Please, reconsider your decision, or at least give us some alternative way or proposal, so we could reach a consensus.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 17, 2020 6:29PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WHY NOT?

Perfected are earned doing vet versions right?

So since the only way to earn them in the past was to do the vet version, why would they not be automatically upgraded?

Why are my weapons going to be DOWNGRADED to doing the NORMAL version of those arenas?

This is no different than you guys raising the CP gear cap to 180 and making people re-farm the same content for the same gear they already have. Except this mostly just screws over vet players.

Telling me I ran MA dozens of times on vet just to earn weapons that will be the same as cakewalking through it now in Normal mode is BS.
    Edited by xaraan on April 17, 2020 5:41PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe
    ✭✭✭
    "Your current VMA Weapons will not be upgraded to perfected versions"

What. The. F.

I farmed AND transmuted all of my VMA Weapons and now you're telling me I'm going to have to do it again???????????????

[snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 17, 2020 5:48PM
  • Lastdragonborn92
    Lastdragonborn92
    ✭✭✭
    unknown.png?width=369&height=640
    I have 61 vMA weapons. I ran multiple flawless due to the horrible RNG in vMA. I spent easily 100's of hours to get my inferno staff. Its disrespectful toward people who play on a daily basis trying to get that *** level done. I don't want it to happen because of a few elitists. I am happy to get perfected gear in trials as a group. But reworking vMA weapons for elitists is dumb. Keep vMA hardmode and normal vMa separatedbut with the same weapons, don't add perfected weapons. So you make the elitists happy and the other poor souls who hate that level happy too.
    Edited by Lastdragonborn92 on April 17, 2020 5:48PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

Even if I have Flawless? Sad

"so we are making adjustments to Battlespirit which now reduces healing taken by 60% instead of 50%"
    All I see is screw magblade, otherwise I like the idea.
    I honestly don't know what is better, doing it like this or adressing the classes that have crazy healing cough cough DK cough

Exactly, necro, templar, dk and warden all are atm overhealing easily, the other classes lagg behind in the healing department, if ZOS nerf healing overall by 10%...they are effectively hitting the weaker classes (healwise) the hardest and the current strongest ones wont rly feel it that much. Come on, there are better ways to do this @ZOS_BrianWheeler

PC EU
    PvP only
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Guys, relax. We haven't seen the patch notes yet. Sounds like this is just small, out of context details to just give us the heads up. Don't worry. I'm sure the big picture is much worse.

the sad thing is, I love all the changes,

right up until I found out that if I want to actually have good vMA weapons again, I have to spend the next X weeks of my life farming them on 5 characters again.
  • Crunkanaut
    Crunkanaut
    ✭✭✭

how about to IMPLEMENT WEAKER VERSIONS for normal mode and JUST NAMECHANGE the weapons like they are.

imagine making that much ppl angry with one sentence like you did. my respect, not even Trashcat could do that

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by Crunkanaut on April 17, 2020 5:48PM
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can honestly say I have never seen messages like the ones going around Discord right now...

Experienced players, officers in guilds... lots cancelling ESO+... many saying they will leave if this goes through.

And these are players who aren't really prone to drama.

The straw that broke the camels back...

And as far as I can see, all for zero benefit to anyone? And certainly not for the health of the game in any way shape or form.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good bye BRP DW!!!! Finally!!

Might be time to take the Magplar off the shelf :)
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote:
    [snip]

Even then - this is a change only aiming at wasting peoples time.
    There is no benefit from a buisness pov in this decision.

It might even be harmful by demotivating those customers that actually struggled getting the arena weapons they have now.
    It´s a mild annoyance at best and absolutely demotivating at worst for a player.

The issue is: There is no benefit - for nobody. Maelstrom/DSA only costs you time and that´s the only thing you do not (and cannot) pay for with money - only with your nerves.
    Edited by Derra on April 17, 2020 5:56PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dear ZoS. not upgrading existing weapons retroactively is a very VERY bad decision. it really is.

I do however have a suggestion how it could be possible to fix, if you cannot just change the bonuses retroactively. you COULD change all existing jewelry to have "cannot be deconstructed" suffix back when jewelry crafting was added to the game.

so.. conceivably, you COULD also do something similar to existing maelstrom weapons. and then... add perfected versions to the vendor inside the arena. and let people trade their old weapons in! (same type and trait, but new bonus) its not ideal people will likely still need to regold their weapons. but at least you would be acknowledging the effort people made to get those weapons in a first place instead of.. this... dismissiveness that is liable to drive people away and create a lot of bad will.

I'm happy that I'll finally be able to get a maelstrom weapon. but I know too many people who spent a lot of frustrating time clearing VMA over and over and it is an incredibly crappy way to treat them.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • bharathitman
    bharathitman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not playing another RNG game with vMA ever again, it has sucked 100s of hours from my life. If there is a really good software reason for not migrating the weapons (which as an engineer, I don't think there is one) there has to be another compromise that respects the time / mats / stones spent in vMA.