The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Update 26 Combat Preview

• Ddog222123
    Ddog222123
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler You guys wanna reimburse us with upgrade mats....or i guess you guys all use blue/purple gear/trash traits considering how you guys perform in 4 mans rofl
    #YouNeedBeams
  • Rinthetharmo
    Rinthetharmo
    ✭✭✭
    Remove the rng, then this would be a great change imo. Not sure why this place even has a rng, its a personal test of skill - it shouldnt be a timesink!
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Continuing on itemization, we are also introducing Perfected Veteran Maelstrom and Perfected Dragonstar Arena weapons. This has been a long standing request by the players, and it finally brings these two arenas up to par with others that add Perfected versions. These are earned by completing Veteran mode in each of those arenas and will have additional bonuses much like other Perfected sets. Completing Maelstrom or Dragonstar Arena will now grant Blue versions of the non-perfected weapons from these arenas. In this pass, we are making a few adjustments to ALL Arena weapons to meet standards.

This was asked for years ago. Not 1 month ago. Introducing it now after your customers have already played those arenas is blatantly trying to rehash old content. If the arenas were designed with a decent reward structure then this would sell better.

We already had these weapons before you nerfed them. Now your re-buffing them and calling them new LOL

Replaying the same un-enjoyable content for numerous times over and over and over again to get something you already had is a dirt move and pigeon holing more of your customers who cant or dont want to complete this.

Concentrate on fixing the game instead of adding more stuff that is NOT needed.

Trial instances are still bugged to hell. vAS HM yesterday bugged out. vSS HM yesterday also bugging hard, tombs not spawning, not triggering. Cheat Engine still working, ultimate regen being one of the major issues.

Your building a 5th storey on crumbling foundations.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by KingMagaw on April 17, 2020 4:44PM
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your current VMA and DSA Weapons will not be automatically upgraded to Perfected versions.

If this is, in fact, the final stance on the weapons please perhaps consider moving the Orsinium Anniversary event up and throw us a 'double drop' bone after Greymoor release.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about just adding in a second version of arena weapons with different effects than the current one but for the same skill to trigger?

That way players may actually want to rerun it for rewards and there is a chance that if the first version of the weapon was useless, the second one could be better.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm. Very nice and interesting changes overall but no, I do not think I shall be going into vMA again. I am sick of that place. Groups will have to make do with my Imperfect back bar.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your current VMA and DSA Weapons will not be automatically upgraded to Perfected versions.

This a late April Fools joke... right?
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Letho2469
    Letho2469
    ✭✭✭✭
    As many others already stated: Bold and obvious move to stretch content by reviving the old *** nobody wants to see ever again. I have done vDSA and vMSA times over times and worked hard for that ***. You wanna release new versions of old weapons? Aight, then design new content where they drop.
    Trial Progression:
    vAA: Hardmode
    vHRC: Hardmode
    vSO: Hardmode
    vMoL: Hardmode + dro-m'Athra-Destroyer
    vHoF: Hardmode + Tick Tock Tormentor
    vAS: Hardmode + Immortal Redeemer
    vCR: Hardmode + Gryphon Heart
    vSS: Hardmode
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? Is there a technical limitation or issue with upgrading the items people already have.

I understand we have transmutation stones now but making everyone go back into Maelstrom and refarm every weapon again sucks.

If this has to be this way, at least give us the reason as to why.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »
    It took me over 100 drops to get my vma fire stick [not even the right trait fire stick, just *A* fire stick, at all, over 100 drops]. and now, if i want to min/max, you're telling me I have to do that again. And god knows zos is going to put off the wrothgar event as long as possible now.

sigh. deep, heavy, sigh.

Why do I get the sinking feeling that the drop rates of the perfected versions of the more highly-sought-after vMA weaps are going to mysteriously get even worse?

I frequently take my baby characters through normal MA for the leveling. My level 20s are going to have baby MA weaps... I don't PvP much, but I imagine that could make sub-50 PvP.... interesting.
    Edited by SidraWillowsky on April 17, 2020 4:47PM
  • Aashiana
    Aashiana
    ✭✭
    Please don't do it this way. I don't have a vMA clear, but even I can see how extremely unfair this is. I have watched my friends spend 1000 hours in vMA to try to get the weps they need, and some have gotten so burned out they have left the game. I don't want to lose more friends to needless grinding. EVERY existing vMA wep should upgraded to perfected with exactly the trait and quality that it has. If it is not possible to convert them, then provide a vendor in MA that you can trade in your old weapon for the new one.

I am all for the *concept* of the change. But existing vet weps should be perfected, full stop. I am willing to settle for the lesser versions because I have not yet cleared vMA. But even I think that if you start handing out anything like a vMA or vDSA wep for the normal versions of these trials, those versions need to be a little harder than they are. It would be like getting vMA weapons for free - there is too large a difficulty jump from nMA to vMA and from nDSA to vDSA. And for the sake of all the rest of us who hope to clear vMA someday, please do not make the vet trials any harder than they already are. The RNG is horrible in vMA as it is and I'll be lucky to clear it at all as a healer main.

Not only that, the existing vMA weps and some of the vDSA are already bis. How much better do they need to be? Just make a seamless conversion by adding somewhat "less than" weps to the normal trials and possibly up the difficulty of those a bit and leave the vet versions of trial and weapon alone.
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In over 50 vMA clears (I stopped counting after this) I got ONE inferno (2 lightnings, and 2 restos). Why should I need to go through that again for something I already earned the first time?

When you release NEW content, I want to be excited because I get to play, wait for it... NEW content. Forcing me to replay old content that is an rng lottery which long ago stopped being of interest or challenge to me as a player is the exact opposite of what I hope to get out of an update!

Why not change the current weapons in the db to perfected ones (we know you can change the effect of sets quite easily after all!) then make a new set of weapons for the normal mode? This seems the sensible and fair thing to do.

I am hugely in favour of giving players who can't do vet content more options, but please don't make those of us who have had poor rng luck through vMA so many times need to repeat that whole un-fun experience.
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard for a healer to get vdsa done. Most people don't want to take a healer unless they get paid. Sucks that they aren't upgrading current weapons. I just hope the nerf isn't too much for non perfected. Otherwise time farming and upgrade mats will have been wasted. I have a friend that ran vma nearly 100 times for an inferno. Not upgrading makes all that time wasted.
    PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We hope these updates enhance your day to day adventures in ESO

How do you assume that?

Do you really need help to realize that you should abandon all hope?

How much out of touch with your customers are you?

What would be the problem to split it in two updates?

Update 1 makes perfected weapons drop and old weapons get perfected, and Update 2 makes normal weapons drop on normal.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    If you need make malestorm or DSA more actual just put into drop list mific sets. Maybe unical for MA or DSA, sets what players can't get with archeology.
    Edited by This_0ne on April 17, 2020 4:57PM
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will there at least be a token system so it doesn't take hundreds of runs to get 1 item per character that needs it? If we get a flawless run, we should be able to pick any random-traited drop we want for having to deal with this mess all over again.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Dillpat wrote: »
    "oh no my 4-year-old bow/staff is now not BIS and i need to farm a new weapon, time to rage on the forums" - every person who has flawless conquerer title in their forum signature.

But realistically, these will be interesting changes although as mentioned above, health stacking is more of an issue than healing tbh (especially with some heals scaling with %health).

Interested to see the all these new bonuses tbh on vDSA and vMA weapons, especially the vma S.b and 2h and all the dsa weapons.

perfected master 2h brawler O.o <3

the weapons (VMA at least) ALREADY had the bonuses... ZoS took them away. Now adding them back in, but have to re-farm.

[Edited for Baiting]

Yup. Many players would have already farmed the equivalent of perfected weapons

Can you be so very kind to tell us the reasoning behind this?

I imagine the issue is logistical... :cry:

Why? They were able to remove the 1 piece bonus in the past, so they should be able to add whatever buff to the current set items as well. Just introduce a new item set with a new ID for normal modes. This is only to prolong the grind.

This. There is no technical constraint to updating existing weapons. They’ve done it before. New items could be created for non perfected versions. Making people re-grind for perfected gear is a conscious choice by the developers.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you be so very kind to tell us the reasoning behind this?

Introducing artificial longevity for old content by making these minor changes

People have no problem feeling required to farm an arena for another 1k mag, as long as you are playing you are more likely to use the crown store ;P
  • deathlikebean
    deathlikebean
    ✭✭✭
    I want my voice to be heard in the player opinion as well-

This is absurd and no excuse for ZOS not to upgrade the existing weapons OR give players a token to upgrade each vMA weapon they already have.

This is such a slap in the face to the veteran players, who have spent hours farming this. You make this change because players don't want to learn the mechanics and become a better player and I'm fine with there being a way for newer players to achieve these weapons. However, make this right for the people who took the time to struggle, learn, and master vMA.

By doing this, you're basically downgrading the veteran weapons that we had to farm... not cool, ZOS...
    -Guild Leader of Senche Adventure Academy
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you already force us to farm that stuff all over again, how about at least reworking the content as well? MSA and DSA are some of the oldest and most outdated activities in the game. They are pure cheese at this point and with the special weapons becoming available in normal, I think it would be appropriate to make the veteran versions actually somewhat challenging again.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    What the helllllll, re farm all those things with the desync on now :#
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've deleted what I've written about ten times now in an attempt to control my anger when reading about your changes to vMA and vDSA weapons. This is just not fair.

Not only have many people spent hours, days, months- farming solo content that they hate doing, but others have also spent millions of gold in materials and hundreds if not thousands of transmute crystals to make sure they had their weapons ready for every situation. You've screwed ALL of them over. Even if they are individuals who enjoyed vMA, you have STILL stolen their time from them. Absolute clownery.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are risking that people will simply stop doing content (grinding gear) as it will be risky to invest time, knowing that you can do something like that in the future. In fact, something similar already have happened not so long ago - Iceheart monster set was nerfed, just to make new dungeon dlc monster set look better.

If you will do that again, it will be the last straw that breaks the camel's back, so to speak.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Darktrox
    Darktrox
    ✭✭✭
    Well ZoS, have you read a single comment in this thread happy with the vma downgrade for your vet players?
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys are blessed with an innate ability to make wrong decision after wrong decision. I have to say I'm impressed.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is totally illogical... We farmed the weapons on vet... Why then undo years of effort for thousands of players for no good reason.

Literally the only thing this will do is cause a massive amount of player anger for zero benefit to you or the health of the game.

You are literally downgrading vet gear we earned to normal level.

You don't HAVE to do this... You could easily just convert the existing weapons to the new version and then have the new item code set for the normal/imperfect version.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • FatherDelve
    FatherDelve
    ✭✭✭
    i am highly against any form of insta gratification, but forceing us again into this dull and easy but rng based grind is a joke
  • doubleshotz
    doubleshotz
    ✭✭
    As if the performance issues weren't bad enough, ZOS slaps vet players in the face by negating the time spent acquiring these weapons the first time around. This is the last straw for me. I've placed a refund request for my Greymoor pre-order. I should have known better than to trust ZOS with money up front.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only bad thing is that perfected PvE weapons will not be upgraded.

But every else seems good and go to the right direction!

The PvE crybabies will be hard, and they are legitimate
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*thumbs down* its bad....
    PS4 EU - StamDK