The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update 26 Combat Preview

• Satanas
    Satanas
    ✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    Satanas wrote: »
    if the players stopped subscribing it might have an effect but ... there are too many fanboys on eso.
    Don’t blame the players. One need not need be a fanboy to sub, despite the game’s flaws.

ZOS knows they have people hooked with the craft bag and double bank space. This is by design. They know they can keep pulling power trip stunts like this arena weapons thing, and people will still pay because the alternative is too un-fun.

In some ways, the bugs and performance problems may even perversely make a sub more desirable to those who stick around. If an ever-increasing portion of limited game time is eaten up by bugs, the last thing people want to spend their remaining time on is inventory management.

Just vote with your own dollars, and let others vote with theirs. I, for one, don't think ZOS deserves my sub dollars right now, but I don't begrudge anyone wanting to sub just for the benefits.

I understand your point. But in fact, I can garantee you that is no need to have bank space or craft bag, you just need... little tricks...
    I blame the players because ZOS do exactly what we see on other games (even at Bethesda... *cough*). They test players' tolerance until they reach the limit. But players with a brain switched "on" have warned the others many times...

Today ZOS freely insult us by simply ignoring us.
  • dwig
    dwig
    ✭✭✭
    I'm playing without craft bag, and without Greymoor.

I still get all of the desyncs for free though.
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very Clear they don’t care or respect their players
  • Wonks
    Wonks
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw that Greymoor dropped so i popped in to see if anything changed. Nope! I've got better things to do than support a studio that clearly doesn't respect its customers.

buhbye
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dwig wrote: »
    To bad I can't pay them less than 0 dollars.
    I came here to suggest that you can, by continuing to play and leech resources without spending, but then I remembered who we are dealing with. Zos continues to not scale up server resources adequately, so you’d only be hurting players. :disappointed:
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ran vMA on my new Stam DK on NA, basically in his PvP gear: Spriggan, Bone Pirate, Slimecraw (I didn't have time to farm for PvE DD gear) and I got a Perfected Maelstrom Bow. Not getting back there, since it bores me to death :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Brovah
    Brovah
    ✭✭✭
    Your current VMA and DSA Weapons will not be automatically upgraded to Perfected versions.

So I did Maelstrom again today.. the lagg is a mess and desyncs are continues.. So I just want to ask once more.. can you just make our previously obtained VMA and VDSA weapons perfected? It's a complete bore to do these dungeons again and it's something we already did years ago. What is the purpose of this? It's very frustrating.. I have 9 charts that needs these weapons.. imagine the horror.. have some sympathy instead of making us do this time consuming agony of an arena again..
  • redTechInc
    redTechInc
    ✭✭✭
    After literal weeks we finally get a official response regarding this absolute disrespect for the players, who already earned all of their weapons on launch day? I really am glad that I didn't purchase Greymoor and that I cancelled my ESO+ Sub. This whole affair gave me more than enough reasons to quit once and for all. It's sad that the official opinion is to force players, who already farmed MSA and DSA countless times for the right weapons in the right traits, to farm this exact content once again. Maybe in about 4-5 years you'll come up with Champion versions of those weapons and once again do this switcheroo. Not a cool policy.. Thanks for nothing.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    redTechInc wrote: »
    After literal weeks we finally get a official response regarding this absolute disrespect for the players, who already earned all of their weapons on launch day? I really am glad that I didn't purchase Greymoor and that I cancelled my ESO+ Sub. This whole affair gave me more than enough reasons to quit once and for all. It's sad that the official opinion is to force players, who already farmed MSA and DSA countless times for the right weapons in the right traits, to farm this exact content once again. Maybe in about 4-5 years you'll come up with Champion versions of those weapons and once again do this switcheroo. Not a cool policy.. Thanks for nothing.

That's my concern too. Although there was an official statement of agreement with Rich's private discord chat, that still hasn't really been an official announcement to explain why this case was special in comparison to every other gear change in the game. Ridiculous car analogies aside, and seeing the statement of "players aren't losing any power" for what it is (a non-sequitur that ignores the points raised by players), no one has explained what makes this decision on maelstrom weapons unique, and whether we can expect more of the same decisions in future for any and all aspects of the game. Is horizontal progression still the primary driver for content and gear? Or have they outright abandoned that? Are the established norms only relevant on the whim of Rich, and if so what qualifies deviation from them? What can we as players expect for the future and to what extent does our investment and contribution actually even matter?

They have acknowledged they should have been more transparent on this, that they should have spoken more on the matter and provided more interaction to address player concerns. That's great, but it feels hollow because they still haven't done that... not even in the slightest. No player feedback has been responded to, and no attempt made to a quell the growing mistrust.

Edited by mairwen85 on May 30, 2020 10:55PM
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their inability to be congruent with their continuity within their statement/analogy was idiotically not fully thought through.

As an example:
    Iceheart was an "old car" and Mother Ciannait was the "new car".

Iceheart was nerfed (like a dealer walking up to your vehicle with a sledge hammer), in favour for advertently making Mother Ciannait seem more appealing in order to sell new content. Do car dealers actually do this? No.

Car dealers who do that (if they existed, which they do not) would lose service/customers; that is concurrent to this game, should it be so (except that behaviour from developers - does exist... Repeatedly).

What's also more baffling is that the car analogy statement only seems to apply in their rules, selectively. If a nerf or any other past change has happened, your old gear received that change.
    Maelstrom and Dragonstar weapons once had status bonuses that were removed in the Clockwork city update v3.2.0.

Either the dev actually (and wrongfully) believed that this behaviour was reflective of sales practices within the real world or said it as a tactic to manipulate as it would imply a maliciously display of a power-over dynamic to the service user, via subjugation. All that did was make people distrust ZoS. :sweat_smile:

They are removing my comments!
  • csparks1
    csparks1
    ✭✭✭
    I will not spend any $ for Zenimax now.
    It's waste of money, time and efforts.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom It's dirty policy, guys. i'm voting with my money now. No more.

yep....when these crowns I already bought, and this sub I already paid for run out, that's it for me - been here since the beginning...over 5 years of +, buying crowns, outfits, costumes, crates so i could get mounts....yep....
    Edited by csparks1 on June 5, 2020 3:32PM
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    csparks1 wrote: »
    I will not spend any $ for Zenimax now.
    It's waste of money, time and efforts.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom It's dirty policy, guys. i'm voting with my money now. No more.

yep....when these crowns I already bought, and this sub I already paid for run out, that's it for me - been here since the beginning...over 5 years of +, buying crowns, outfits, costumes, crates so i could get mounts....yep....

Same here, passing on greymor till next year. I was planning on grabbing it during the community event that will come, but now that we have an awesome stutter bug I am forcing myself to wait till next year. This is absolutely unacceptable. I stopped my sub after they took the free crates away, and gave me a WHOPPING 10% discount (OMG wowow) back in 2017. I have managed to adapt to not having the bag, hopefully more players will follow suit so we can finally have some adequate respect as consumers.
    PvP needs more love.
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonks wrote: »
    Just saw that Greymoor dropped so i popped in to see if anything changed. Nope! I've got better things to do than support a studio that clearly doesn't respect its customers.

buhbye

Yeah... I mean. I love the performance updates in PvE content, when playing solo in overland. I can actually move again. The loading screens are 1/3 as long which is great.

On PS4 you can create as many alt accounts as you want for free. They don't have access to ESO+, but they can access the free to play game. Some people have gone as far as creating 100 accounts to have their very own personal store. I've only created 10 accounts to have a guild bank... which turned into 4 guild banks, that are mostly full. Now I have so many items I don't know what to do with them.

Even with all that space, it still takes a couple hours to stack all of my crafting items, and takes a decent bit of mental effort. Doing crafting surveys without a crafting bag cause me enough stress to completely stop playing the game for months at a time, and I have over 100 left to do.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade