Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

The skill gap is too great due to twitch-based reflex type combat like weaving and animation cancel.

• Disturbed_One
    Disturbed_One
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    haha... I love how the counter-arguments just keep getting more and ridiculous :joy:

As if increasing the absurdity makes it more likely we're going to change our minds :joy:

The most ridiculous thing is, the absurd arguments come from the defenders of the LA weaving camp. You have no argument, because you are defending the absurd design that you yourself are then arguing against.

weren't you the one with the knowledge of macros? Are you sure this isn't just about making your macros easier to use?
    Options
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think the skill gap is too great and should be addressed
    haha... I love how the counter-arguments just keep getting more and ridiculous :joy:

As if increasing the absurdity makes it more likely we're going to change our minds :joy:

The most ridiculous thing is, the absurd arguments come from the defenders of the LA weaving camp. You have no argument, because you are defending the absurd design that you yourself are then arguing against.

weren't you the one with the knowledge of macros? Are you sure this isn't just about making your macros easier to use?

As someone with knowledge about macros I can tell you: If my suggestion was implemented, 90% of the macro users in ESO would stop being macro users.
    Options
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, the skill gap is fine.

I know :lol:

You must sing an Ab into your microphone to get minor expedition!!!

Shoes should replace light attacks!!! :lol:

That's literally what LAs are. At the end of the day with the current system you perform a fancy dance on your keyboard to just cast force pulse.

Again you haven't replied how is doing 2 skills a second any different!? You will be doing the same dance with a spammable replacing a light attack... You haven't explained that, you have just repeated the same dribble...
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

I guess You don't understand that You cannot design and program such complex system like animation cnacelling in ESO without wanting it to happen. Animation cancelling in ESO is not something that somebody could design in 1 day. It's a complex system that requires lot of work from multiple developers that are fully aware what they're doing. It needs to be first designed "on paper" then programmed and tested many times. Some parts of it like weaving may be unexpected because those things are happening on players side of the table but the design itself of being able to cancel animation with some other action with higher priority needs to be purposely made. You can't make it by mistake. I think You dont know how many different rules and mechanics comes together to make animation cancelling in ESO the way it is. And each of those rules and mechanics had to be purposely designed to work with others. "Whole AC thing" was always intended. You can't fix something that was never broken. The only flaw is in You if You belive so hard that AC could be not intended that You're publically voicing Your opinion.

...and I don't think you understand that things can be changed, with the passage of time.

They did not intend AC to happen.

They said they didn't - google it, if you really don't believe it (which I doubt).

The design flaw that caused it to become a thing happened by mistake (and they admitted it did), but they then said they chose to "embrace it", rather than fix it (like they really should have done).

THEN, after they chose to "embrace it", they then went to work doing all the stuff to make it seem intentional.

We're, essentially, exploiting an original combat bug when we do it, even if the game design now revolves around it.

Edited by Tigerseye on April 7, 2020 6:04PM
    Options
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know :lol:

You must sing an Ab into your microphone to get minor expedition!!!

Shoes should replace light attacks!!! :lol:

That's literally what LAs are. At the end of the day with the current system you perform a fancy dance on your keyboard to just cast force pulse.

Again you haven't replied how is doing 2 skills a second any different!? You will be doing the same dance with a spammable replacing a light attack... You haven't explained that, you have just repeated the same dribble...

I have, you just refuse to go read that reply.
    Options
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, the skill gap is fine.

As someone with knowledge about macros I can tell you: If my suggestion was implemented, 90% of the macro users in ESO would stop being macro users.

😂 My god! This gets better with every reply 😂

Dude, why should my replies get any better, when you ignore the good ones anyways? If you want the good ones, go to the previous page and read what you skipped.

They aren't good, I have pointed out why they make zero sense and you don't address any of the issues I've raised with your ideas... I give up 😂 please continue to insert your nonsense below👍
    Options
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

😂 My god! This gets better with every reply 😂

Dude, why should my replies get any better, when you ignore the good ones anyways? If you want the good ones, go to the previous page and read what you skipped.

They aren't good, I have pointed out why they make zero sense and you don't address any of the issues I've raised with your ideas... I give up 😂 please continue to insert your nonsense below👍

You have only pointed out issues with your own arguments. 2 APS isn't a thing in ESO, and you don't want it to be a thing, otherwise you wouldn't be arguing against reducing the GCD. So the real argument is about the unnecessary complexity of controls, and you haven't done anything to address that.
    Options
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As this thread has continued to derail with baiting and flaming comments, despite our previous messages, we have decided to close it down. When posting, we ask that forum members remain civil, constructive, and within the guidelines that we have in place. If there are any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.