The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

February 2020 Furnishing Limit Status Update

• TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I find it extremely harsh that for non-ESO+ members they can only place 350 traditional furnishings into a notable home where as an ESO+ member can place more then that in a medium sized home.

Non-ESO plus members should at the least have the option to purchase the extra furniture slots ESO+ members get for free with Crowns.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I find it extremely harsh that for non-ESO+ members they can only place 350 traditional furnishings into a notable home where as an ESO+ member can place more then that in a medium sized home.

Non-ESO plus members should at the least have the option to purchase the extra furniture slots ESO+ members get for free with Crowns.

Imho, all limits (both for plus and non-plus) should be at least doubled.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We don't get it for free, silly. It's the service we pay for.

I'd buy extra slots if possible.
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Happily, you CAN decently deco Sweetwater. So maybe they are learning. See: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/581486/sweetwater-cascades-review-with-lots-of-pics#latest for proof!

Again, decorating is really subjective. What's satisfactory to you may not be satisfactory to others, and if the fact that the most popular houses on EHT's hub and housing discords are either much smaller houses or feature massively closed-off spaces, well.
    As to your remarks to my reply in that thread, which I had missed, I'll provide a reply there. The bottom line however doesn't change and I stand by what I said, 700 is too small for manors and forces people to close sections off and/or compromise with the level of detail many (if not most, going by what's popular) in the housing scene like.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adremal wrote: »
    As to your remarks to my reply in that thread, which I had missed, I'll provide a reply there. The bottom line however doesn't change and I stand by what I said, 700 is too small for manors and forces people to close sections off and/or compromise with the level of detail many (if not most, going by what's popular) in the housing scene like.

I'm with you here.

I truly find the need to close off parts of the house that I have spent money on (one way or the other), quite offensive. It's like buying a car and then get told that you can only use three of the four wheels.

I feel that if console is the real problem, then perhaps ZOS should find a way to make more slots available to PC customers first, see how it works, and then work on a solution for console.

I confess that I don't know the percentages of players who play ESO on console or on PC, and how many of those do housing, but it would at least give us *something* to start with.

And I repeat: I would *happily* pay money for an expansion pack with slots in it.
  • Vexen
    Vexen
    ✭✭✭
    I love the housing of this game and the housing that's been released has just been getting better. That being said, the new princely dawnlight palace available today is one of the biggest houses I've seen yet, and could probably max out furnishings just in the courtyard alone (with ESO+). I can't see how someone could possibly decorate the entire thing in the limit. I know that the limit is there for server performance. There's got to be a solution for that though otherwise why keep releasing these enormous houses and more furnishings? Someone will say undoubtedly, would you rather them stop releasing those things then? No, I don't want them to stop, but i'd like them to figure out some way to increase or remove the limit. (separate server for housing to reside on? idk)
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vexen wrote: »
    I love the housing of this game and the housing that's been released has just been getting better. That being said, the new princely dawnlight palace available today is one of the biggest houses I've seen yet, and could probably max out furnishings just in the courtyard alone (with ESO+). I can't see how someone could possibly decorate the entire thing in the limit. I know that the limit is there for server performance. There's got to be a solution for that though otherwise why keep releasing these enormous houses and more furnishings? Someone will say undoubtedly, would you rather them stop releasing those things then? No, I don't want them to stop, but i'd like them to figure out some way to increase or remove the limit. (separate server for housing to reside on? idk)

I absolutely love the housing, which is why it makes so so very frustrated that the limit isn't going to change. I've seen all these huge houses come and go, but I haven't bought any of them anymore (Sweetwater Cascade was gifted to me - I wouldn't have it otherwise), since the only way to properly furnish them within the limit is to close off major parts of them.
    It's like buying a car and then being told that you can only drive it on one wheel, even though you've payed major $$$ for it.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vexen wrote: »

The Princely Dawnlight home has actually been around a few years. It's one that they don't re-release very often, though. And yes, I've seen just the courtyard decorated and the actual house itself blocked off, with the owner still using 700/700 slots.

Technology improves, systems get faster and able to process more, ZOS gets new servers.... and yet here we are stuck with the same housing limits as always. And almost two years without even a word from them about it.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    And almost two years without even a word from them about it.

And that's really the part that frustrates me most. We're being ignored, despite the fact that we're up to 11 pages now.

No update, even after almost two years. Not even acknowledging our input.

To be honest, I don't feel like a valued customer here...
    Edited by Ravensilver on November 11, 2021 6:16PM
  • Runti38
    Runti38
    @Ravensilver Who knows, maybe they not ignoring.

Some things I can understand, that's not easy peasy to do it all by one click.

At the same time good news is they give some information (Yeah, long time ago...) and most likely they see forum, about what people is talking and maybe trying to do something to finaly get us suprised.
  • Runti38
    Runti38
    @TelvanniWizard In fact they can at least remove ESO+ 700 limit and make 700 for everyone. Why? Because that is not such a top bonus for ESO+ members, there is much better (Crowns, Bank, DLC, etc).

But any way much better gonna be if that limit are doubled or just removed.
  • dreado
    dreado
    Soul Shriven
    It comes with expectation for housing that large homes would come with decreased performance. This is apparent even at the current limitations for housing.
    Client's side of these issues should come with a degree of expectation, rather then a dismissal of the housing community's plea. (Suggestion: Reduce video graphic settings, or consider that long awaited upgrade.)

The bar was set with how the rest of the world appears, and fact that players cant even begin to replicate overland clutter/density is very disappointing.

I'm sure that players could use/praise double, and triple the item limit, though this isn't a reasonable goal. A minimum scaling to the size of the house would be in a margin of acceptable change ex. Small: 275/200, Classic 600/400, Large 850/600, Notable 1000/700 .
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    WHEN, ZOS? 350 slots not enough for decoration. I just need 500. 700 with ESO plus too for some people. But I'm asking about 500 slots for non subscribers. 😖
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHEN, ZOS? 350 slots not enough for decoration. I just need 500. 700 with ESO plus too for some people. But I'm asking about 500 slots for non subscribers. 😖

You could finish your build during a free ESO+ week or just sub for a month. The furnishings stay even after you no longer have ESO+. Not the ideal solution for you, but at least there is a way. :)
  • OfTheEight
    OfTheEight
    ✭✭
    Asking for features when your a non-paying player is like asking the government to give you free stuff. Not going to happen.

Sorry to be a little rude on this, but if your not paying you shouldn't really be complaining.

That said, yes housing item limits need to be upgraded, if the reasoning is that some players computers have issues dealing with the 700+ items, well don't punish the people that don't have issues. It's most likely that the people with decent GPUs are also your subscribers were as the general lower hardware players are more then likely to be the free-to-play players.

Keep your subscribers happy, that is what keeps your job at ZOS. No subscribers = no money for employees.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OfTheEight wrote: »
    Asking for features when your a non-paying player is like asking the government to give you free stuff. Not going to happen.
    Keep your subscribers happy, that is what keeps your job at ZOS. No subscribers = no money for employees.

This is a Buy2Play game. Every player is a paying player.
    Typical houses cost from half a year to full year subscription. Add to this crown-only and gem-only furnishings, and you will very likely get a much bigger impact from "micro"transactions than from ESO+ membership.
    Edited by Olauron on December 15, 2021 7:24PM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    That said, yes housing item limits need to be upgraded, if the reasoning is that some players computers have issues dealing with the 700+ items, well don't punish the people that don't have issues. It's most likely that the people with decent GPUs are also your subscribers were as the general lower hardware players are more then likely to be the free-to-play players.

I still don't buy the whole performance discourse. My 4(5?) yo laptop (definitely weaker than a PS5 or whatever) runs my 700/700 houses with tons of FX/particles/lightning perfectly well - in fact it's proximity to many players, not stuff in houses, the only factor that makes its FPS drop a bit and the fans spin a tad faster. I think it's safe to assume that the overwhelming majority of desktops the same age of my laptop or younger have even less of an issue (and the same reasoning applies to consoles, except that consoles are way cheaper to upgrade than all but the most basic, entry-level PCs).
  • DarrowLykos
    DarrowLykos
    ✭✭✭
    After reading all of this the only thing that really sticks out to me is this talk of a cap due to performance issues. Why did this not come up when purchasing ESO Plus "DOUBLES" the amount of furniture. Was this always in the cards and the performance used as a skirting to allow a double in cap that did not seem to affect the performance when a monthly balance was now active :) So by this logic can we pay $30 a month and our large homes can now hold 1400 ?
  • DarrowLykos
    DarrowLykos
    ✭✭✭
    MyNameIsElias has it right from the get go. Make some master stations that stand out and look way different from the regular/attunables that can be placed and you still have to buy the attunables and make them the same way and they get added to your collections menu and when you access the master station in your house you can then add any of the stations you made. As of right now at 68 sets anyone making a guild hall is automatically losing 272 spots just from the stations. Where you could get away with at most 4 master stations. I feel the housing has great potential in this game, it is the closest I have found that is comparable to Star Wars Galaxies which we all know still holds the flame for its housing/city and crafting engines. If this is a performance issue and ESO ever has plans to upgrade to a new graphic engine how greatly is this going to impact caps then ?
  • Smith4HirePmMe2Order
    MyNameIsElias has it right from the get go. Make some master stations that stand out and look way different from the regular/attunables that can be placed and you still have to buy the attunables and make them the same way and they get added to your collections menu and when you access the master station in your house you can then add any of the stations you made. As of right now at 68 sets anyone making a guild hall is automatically losing 272 spots just from the stations. Where you could get away with at most 4 master stations. I feel the housing has great potential in this game, it is the closest I have found that is comparable to Star Wars Galaxies which we all know still holds the flame for its housing/city and crafting engines. If this is a performance issue and ESO ever has plans to upgrade to a new graphic engine how greatly is this going to impact caps then ?

we have begged for Super crafting tables like this that have a drop down menu to select the set you want to make, and ya feed your old attuneables to unlock the sets, for ages.. ive lost hope waiting for Good QOL housing updates like this or item limits. or writ boards and dropoffs. Guild House button, and Guild banker/store NPCs etc etc.

:/ Instead we get things like house guests and NPC paththing.....
    Edited by Smith4HirePmMe2Order on January 18, 2022 5:41AM
    Quality of life changes that desperately need to happen in order make ESO Better for everyone!
    Forget new content for awhile & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game.
    1: Change the ESO+ Housing item limit from 2x to 3x. (preferably 4x)
    2: Add a working Exit wayshrine item for housing.
    (Needs to be added as a special achievement item for finding all wayshrines in the game, & should use the same slots & operate the exit shrines in cyro, where you cant port to them but you can use them to leave the house and go anywhere u want)
    3: Add a GUILD Banker & Store NPC for housing.
    (willing to pay 5k crowns if it does both Or 2.5k crowns each if they split them and have 2 Npcs(1 for each banker/store))
    4: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    (willing to pay 2.5k crowns for each board+1k crowns per Drop off box=11k total crowns
    5: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones IN HALF, and refund the difference in crowns to the few people who have already bought them.
    (If Zo$ was my dog, ied roll up a news paper and smack you in the nose repeatedly for this. 4k per stone x13 stones? what were you thinking?!!
    6: Multi Attuneable crafting stations. (this one change will solve so many issues with item limits. Make it so you have to 'feed' existing attuned tables to the new station to unlock its drop down effects. This kills 2 birds with 1 stone.)
    7: Change the amount of transmutation gems needed to change a trait from 50 to 10, Increase the drop rates of all Geode sources by 10x.
    8: Release more crafting recipes in the game for housing, Dark elf bed of coals/Outdoor and indoor fires/Orcish Column Brazier/Imperial Forge/Beehives/Grape vinyards/smaller greenhouse than the one currently ingame (half the size), We know they are already in the game. These were on the original housing PTS then like 60% of the good stuff disappeared when housing hit the live server.
    9: ESO+ life time membership option.
    10: Permanent craft bag unlock for crowns.
    11: REMOVE BIND ON PICKUP FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT QUEST ITEMS! PLZ ABOLISH THIS TRASH RESTRICTION!!! Change all current non quest BOP items to BOE. PvPers don't like being forced to run pve for gear, and pve-ers don't like being forced to run pvp for their gear either. The solution is so simple let people run the content they like and trade their drops on the open market..
    12: Add New Fishing rods that you can unlock with bonuses for catching rate fish. spending 6 hours trying to get ONE blue fish using all of the buffs currently available is cancer, especially when you have to do this for 12 fish per zone times 40+ zones. In-fact just overhaul fishing totally and make it like Farcry 5 where you KNOW exactly which holes and locations the each of the rares will spawn. Make the T2 bait ACTUALLY & NOTICEABLY WORK, and combine it with better rods & better fishing related food buff so we can just reel in the rare fish like crazy. Even with all that its still gonna take a week or more of grinding to get all the fish, but thats better than a LITERAL FREAKING YEAR of fishing just for a housing boat item that doesn't even do anything...
    13: Playable Games inside houses (basically just make all the decorative game furnishings actually intractable so we can play against other players. This would give a nice bump to housing utility and community building, RPers would also probably appreciate this).
    14: A 'Port to Guild House' Option on the main guild page.
    15: Add Functional Things to housing/guild halls that your guild can contribute to unlock as a group effort. An example of stuff would be like a 5% damage buff during overland content for all guild members, or buffs for dungeons/trails. Another example would be unlock tokens for people with super hard to get achievements like someone with the grand master fisher, they could donate a token to the guild that unlocks usable fishing plots inside the guild that the GM/House owner could place down. This would then let people travel to the guild hall and collect a Daily account Limit from housing harvesting nodes. Nothing crazy that would break the economy, just like 30 or so resources from each daily harvest able nodes for each of the skills. It would be even better if they were special enhanced versions of the normal ore/wood etc. that gave a refining bonus for tempers like double the chance to get tempers. (double the chance to get tempers on such a small amount of resources wouldn't actually make a big impact on economy, but the COOL factor would be off the charts so i see no reason why this couldn't be done).
    16: Solo Dungeons, Much like solo trials this would be a 1 person equivalent of a 4 person dungeon. It would be even cooler if you could have your new companion NPC come with you on these, but we will have to see how good that companion system is first.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And almost two years without even a word from them about it.

And that's really the part that frustrates me most. We're being ignored, despite the fact that we're up to 11 pages now.

No update, even after almost two years. Not even acknowledging our input.

To be honest, I don't feel like a valued customer here...

That's because we are not valued. If we were this wouldn't still be ignored after all this time.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• bradleymsimmons
    bradleymsimmons
    ✭✭✭
    Howdy everyone,
    We know that many of you have been hoping that our focus on performance improvements this year would directly result in an increased furnishing cap. We still have a lot of work left on the performance front and when it’s completed, we will reevaluate to see if we can increase the furnishing limits.

Two years ago next month and no progress on this, yet countless releases of new content and store items. Why on Earth isn't this handled yet, even a small bump in the cap!?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howdy everyone,
    We know that many of you have been hoping that our focus on performance improvements this year would directly result in an increased furnishing cap. We still have a lot of work left on the performance front and when it’s completed, we will reevaluate to see if we can increase the furnishing limits.

Two years ago next month and no progress on this, yet countless releases of new content and store items. Why on Earth isn't this handled yet, even a small bump in the cap!?

I'm surprised they haven't come out with another "buy us some time" announcement, like they did stating PvP issues will be looked at in another year. Just flat out ignoring the housing community is not a good look.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • bradleymsimmons
    bradleymsimmons
    ✭✭✭
    Howdy everyone,

I'm surprised they haven't come out with another "buy us some time" announcement, like they did stating PvP issues will be looked at in another year. Just flat out ignoring the housing community is not a good look.

It certainly screams, "We don't care." doesn't it?
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Howdy everyone,

It certainly screams, "We don't care." doesn't it?

It totally does, nobody should doubt it.
  • TricksterToons
    For ESO plus members the 110 limit on collectible furnishings needs a reexamination. There is no longer enough room to display all plaques and busts with the current what, 10 trials, 22 DLC dungeons (44 objects), and 24 base game dungeons (48 objects). That's a total of 112 objects for normal plus vet trials and dungeons. Currently.

Now, if you want a chest or two and a banker, merchant, armorer...you really can't display your collectibles. As they are not as impactful, according to the original analysis of this problem, could at least that part of this issue be reviewed?
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to be a little rude on this, but if your not paying you shouldn't really be complaining.

Not to be funny about this, but some houses in ESO cost *the price of a full triple A game*. Some houses actually come in at even more than that. It's not at all unreasonable that people should NOT have to pay more to get the same furnishings limit as ESO+ players. They have specifically purchased *a house*. It's quite extraordinary that they then have to purchase a subscription *as well* in order to be able to use that house properly.
    Edited by Northwold on February 6, 2022 1:44PM
  • USarmydrew09
    USarmydrew09
    ✭✭✭
    its always the same answer now. we are working on it. for 7 years, they will happily take your money and increase the item cost but do nothing in return just promises
  • LorkhansBlade
    LorkhansBlade
    Soul Shriven
    Howdy everyone,

One of the most frequent requests we receive in regards to housing is the desire to increase the furnishing cap. While we have touched on this before, we just wanted to reiterate that the upper-most furnishing limits are in place to avoid serious performance issues. While the core design philosophy behind housing is to give you the creative freedom to decorate the way you want to, we have to ensure that it is a stable experience for you and your visitors as well, regardless of anyone’s platform or hardware specifications.

That being said, improving performance is not a magic bullet solution for raising the furnishing cap in houses. “Performance” is a blanket term that encompasses frame rate, stability, memory usage, and other metrics related to how the game runs. Right now, setups that hit the minimum specifications can still struggle with homes that are fully decorated with relatively high impact furnishings.

To address some specific questions and concerns:
    • Different categories of furnishings generally have different performance impacts. Special Collectibles are more impactful than Traditional Furnishings, while Collectible Furnishings tend to have less impact than many Traditional Furnishings.
    • We know not everyone is satisfied with the ratio between these furnishing types—these are set to strike a balance between the various needs people have. We could change this ratio, but any improvement to one group would negatively impact another group. We have no plans to adjust the balance between the different caps at this time.
    • The number of guests in a home also impacts performance. At the moment, increasing the population limit would require reducing furnishing limits.
    As always, we continue to strive to improve the housing experience. Moonsugar Meadow, for example, was created after listening to player feedback on the desire for more natural open spaces where you can express your creativity. We are always considering and tinkering with potential new housing features. As soon as we have something to show you, you’ll be the first to know.

Please continue to provide feedback! Letting us know what you like, as well as what you don’t like and why, helps us to improve. For many of us, logging into the forums and seeing your creations is often the best part of our day as your creativity continuously blows us away. The forums are one of many sources of inspiration for us, and request threads always factor into our decisions when adding new furnishings, planning new homes, and prioritizing improvements.

Thank you for reading this, and thank you for your passion.

Why do all furnitures have the same capacity cost then, when a large fishing boat clearly takes more performance than a small table? How is this for a solution: double the item capacity on houses, but make large, huge, animated and lighting furniture cost 2 points instead of one. allows for more decoration while not breaking the old system.
  • bradleymsimmons
    bradleymsimmons
    ✭✭✭
    The most disappointing thing about this thread is the lack of response from the devs. When was the last time they said anything in here? This thread needs to be unsticky'd, since they don't care.