Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What Is Your Favorite Gold Dye?

Taleof2Cities
Taleof2Cities
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a fun poll here ...

Please feel free to share a screenshot!

XS5D6jp.png

g3YUjlo.png

What Is Your Favorite Gold Dye? 203 votes

Blood Gold (Elsweyr Main Quest)
8%
chuck-18_ESOKikazaruRadianceTaleof2Citiescyclonus11emilyhyoyeonLady_Scorp72Artim_XTigerseyeRaisinRadagastThePinkGreystagOde2OrderStormeReignsValarionTigressCreedRinging_Nirnroot 17 votes
Antique Silver (Master Jewelry Crafter)
8%
weltlichgesinntFaulgorKhenarthiAektannIndorilArwynLlethranIaraoVevvevGeneral_Zeranthmax_onlyMLGProPlayerblacksghostBluestatKeewoUmbro100BradyfjordAscarlMiloACamaroGuy 18 votes
Divine Gold (Legendary Jewelry Crafter)
32%
Jdrayvailjohn_ESOAcrolasdcam86b14_ESOHanokihsWuffyCeruleiNerouynSFxxKANExxHurbsterJoanOfOrcLinaleahSilverwillowradiostarEnemy-of-ColdharbourRecremenvicius1981AliyavanaSomewhereSmitch_59LadyNalcarya 66 votes
Transliminal Violet (Imperial City Central Sewers)
23%
Iruil_ESOCoatmagicAlienSlofDTStormfoxSirCriticalstarkerealmhondelinkdem0n1kStreegaDraxysIzumi94MayraelBrowisethitscomptonSylvisraaphorFLuFFyxMuFFiNFischblutKaraBela94RaddlemanNumber7 47 votes
Dominion Yellow (AD Quest Achievements)
2%
kargen27SpearpointNarvuntienTheUndeadAmuletDwalgrimnar 5 votes
Other (please specify ...)
21%
LuxLunaedaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOssewallb14_ESODarkstornestevenyaub16_ESOSeptimus_MagnaCloudtraderOlauronJenziJamieAubreyDjennkuDerranewtinmplsTheShadowScoutpod88kkBananaFreakin_HytteShadow_AkulaDBZVelenaUfretin 44 votes
Bruh ... Gold Gear Ruins My Immersion ....
2%
spectralpulse_ESOArchMikemTyharLex7xeLCundu_ErturCMDR_Un1k0rn 6 votes
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First 2. But only on my troll tank...
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hunding Gold, gotten from Stros M’kai and Betnikh Explorer; it was the first "gold" that I ever got, and it remains my favorite. I will have to look and find some screenshots where I use it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • General_Zeranth
    General_Zeranth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Antique Silver (Master Jewelry Crafter)
    Antique Silver. It works so well with bright whites and doesn't overpower anything.

Soft golds are best golds.
    Xbox - NA

Self confessed Master Angler title chaser.

Titles Earned: 10/∞
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rose Gold - Not sure where its from but its pink in colour so you might miss it
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rose Gold - Not sure where its from but its pink in colour so you might miss it

Do you mean the Blood Gold from Elsweyr?

Here’s a pic of my Magicka Sorcerer in that dye:

v0wQhHx.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 1, 2020 6:24AM
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That one with brass in its name, works very well with dark colours. It's gives a very yellow and not to shiny golden colour.

I would have posted a screenshot if I wasn't a console player and to lazy to transfer from ps4 to PC
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on February 1, 2020 6:25AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda surprised Ayleid Gold didn't end up on the short list. It's a very clean gold.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That one with brass in its name, works very well with dark colours. It's gives a very yellow and not to shiny golden colour.

I would have posted a screenshot if I wasn't a console player and to lazy to transfer from ps4 to PC

There's four Brass dyes. Grand Overlord's Brass, Dwarven Brass, Colossus Brass, and Antique Brass. I"m guessing you mean either Dwarven or Colossus.
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's four Brass dyes. Grand Overlord's Brass, Dwarven Brass, Colossus Brass, and Antique Brass. I"m guessing you mean either Dwarven or Colossus.

Thank you! I meant colossus brass, it's my standard when I want some bling on char
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood root wine. In the crown store at the moment as a dye stamp.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boodroot Wine, which I guess isn't technically gold, but it's the most gold dye in the game.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blood Gold is nice for most fabrics.

It's a shimmery pink-gold on some and a matt, light pink, or a disappointing beige, on a few others.

It's also really nice on the shell part of the Pyandonean Bow.

Then, I tend to use Ayleid Gold for the metal parts of armour and weapons.

Or, occasionally, Starlight Gold, if I need a lighter gold.

Few (red/pink) examples:

npU1eNj.png
    Blood Gold on fabric, fur and shell, Ayleid Gold on all metals, Bandit Brown and Champion Red on boots.

N9zbVzW.jpg
    Blood Gold on fabric, default (could be Ayleid?) on costume metals (bow, as above).

XzRdHX2.png
    Blood Gold on sash, Forge Ember Red on rest of costume (bow, as above).

j7m2Tnn.png
    Starlight Gold metal, Faded Dwemer Scholar Red on fabric (bow, as above).
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 1, 2020 9:16AM
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    it depends on the material or weapon being dyed
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one from VHOF, but that's mainly due to the hard work the team and I put in to earn it
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Legate Black
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilt-y Pleasure, from the first Jester's Festival. Daggers are Blood Gold and Ironweed Violet.

A6OF8aV.png

Edited by Jaraal on February 1, 2020 7:05PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blood Gold is one of my favorite dyes, but I'm not sure it qualifies as gold.
    Divine Gold is a dye I lived without for a long time, bit once I needed it I had to admit it's one of the purest, shiniest gold dyes there is.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's a gold dye ?

:#
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayleid Gold is one of my favourites. That being said I prefer to use different dyes for different characters.
    ou6OpiI.jpg
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whichever looks the way I want on whatever armor I am coloring at the moment! Duh! ;)
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transliminal violet, because it's the only gold I've managed to get so far
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodroot Wine is the only gold I use. It doesn't look as flat as the other golds and feels a bit more vibrant.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antique Brass
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayleid Gold, most other golds are for my taste are too bright
  • Jenzi
    Jenzi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alyeid Gold is my favourite, it has a really good aged look to it.
    Edited by Jenzi on February 1, 2020 2:29PM
  • McMasterx
    McMasterx
    ✭✭✭
    Divine Gold, amazing when discovered how bright it was. (Incredibly time consuming to obtain casually)
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Legendary_Crafter_Achievements
    Pc/Na
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    McMasterx wrote: »
    Divine Gold, amazing when discovered how bright it was. (Incredibly time consuming to obtain casually)

Why didn't you choose it then? :p
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh ... Gold Gear Ruins My Immersion ....
    Actual Gold is apparently a pretty brittle metal.

It's not gold, but Anequina Sunrise is a similar shade.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    McMasterx wrote: »

I find it a bit too yellowy on most things.

Also, can look a bit matt, rather than shiny.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 1, 2020 2:50PM