Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS sends out teaser for next chapter, please help decipher!

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    The urn seems to be located at the marker on the map with the same sign. Now the question is what is in there, do we have to free it, or is it already freed and we have to stop it?

The text talks about someone that had a long sleep, which might indicate Vampires or a dragon that has been resting for a long time (like mentioned at the end of Dragonhold)
    Alcast has some serious mistakes in his analysis. Most prominent among them:

"We know from the Dragonhold Storyline that we will be fighting another Dragon in Skyrim that will rise and shine."

Then he shows some dialogue from Nahfahlaar that occurs after fighting Laatvulon. This dialogue refers to the second half of the Dragonhold story (vs Kaalgrontiid), not a "another Dragon in Skyim".

After the Dragonhold story ended Nahfahlaar said "I sense this now. A dragon who will not rest until he gains absolute power".

That sounds like he is talking about something that is about to come, not something we have already encountered? Or what am I missing?

The most tricky thing is still the map. The big and small red markers, what do they indicate? Some people have theories already mentioned some theories but the markers never truly fit in my opinion.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    The urn seems to be located at the marker on the map with the same sign. Now the question is what is in there, do we have to free it, or is it already freed and we have to stop it?

The text talks about someone that had a long sleep, which might indicate Vampires or a dragon that has been resting for a long time (like mentioned at the end of Dragonhold)

"We know from the Dragonhold Storyline that we will be fighting another Dragon in Skyrim that will rise and shine."

Then he shows some dialogue from Nahfahlaar that occurs after fighting Laatvulon. This dialogue refers to the second half of the Dragonhold story (vs Kaalgrontiid), not a "another Dragon in Skyim".

After the Dragonhold story ended Nahfahlaar said "I sense this now. A dragon who will not rest until he gains absolute power".

That sounds like he is talking about something that is about to come, not something we have already encountered? Or what am I missing?

The most tricky thing is still the map. The big and small red markers, what do they indicate? Some people have theories already mentioned some theories but the markers never truly fit in my opinion.

I do not think they are going to do more dragons. could be wrong. I do think the storyline will involve the reachmen. I'm starting to wonder. If there might be some connection to The Ash king. Possibly even Reachmen. Like the daedric war that was concluded with summerset I think the dragon threat was ended with Dragonhold.

HER SAIMEANS DEATH TOMRTA TONGUES by the way figured is an anagram. First three words forming Ashes Remain.
    Text would be something like this I think. Going by everything.

Like All Urns its Bears the dead Death is naught but a Fitful Sleep.
    Ashes Remain Death to Mortal Tongues.
    Death For the Living and Life for the Dead.
    Let let let let let in the world
    Led from Boughs both Gnarled and Black may they reap a great harvest of terror
    Deep Down where Nirn(????)roots Weep
    Not sure about these or were they connected to the other part you had in your posting?
    Deep Down where Oaherovas Weep
    Deep down where Oakeroots Weep

Edited by Thevampirenight on January 10, 2020 9:06AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    80,000 Concurrent Viewers: The Long-Winged Bat pet

vampire theme confirmed?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »

vampire theme confirmed?

Underground theme already confirmed. Bats don't need vampires in order to live in caves. I hope this year is not going to be big on vampires. I'm ready for something new and imaginative.
    PC EU
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The urn might contain Serana who we met in Dawnguard.

She has pure vampire blood and an elder scroll, so one of these might be a plot point, my guess is her nature. At the end of the story she might be placed back in the sarcophagus like we find her two eras later.

Blackreach is almost certain, it being so large can have all sorts of twists. Remember the large orrery it had?
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vampire theme confirmed?

Underground theme already confirmed. Bats don't need vampires in order to live in caves. I hope this year is not going to be big on vampires. I'm ready for something new and imaginative.

where underground is confirmed?
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like you may be missing the whole second half of the Dragonhold quest storyline. This was the trick the devs used for keeping continuity intact if you played Dragonhold and Elsweyr out of order. You can play them in any order, but the final quest doesn't unlock until you've played both. After finishing Elsweyr's main questline and killing Laatvulon in Dragonhold's first questline, you'll unlock the final story questline for the whole Season of the Dragon where Kaalgrontiid returns and you have to fight him again.

You know that cinematic trailer they released with the Breton hero, Sai Sahan, that cat queen lady, and Tharn fighting the dragon, then the asteroid explodes and there's a cut scene to Skyrim? The battle depicted in that cinematic is the actual last battle of Dragonhold. It's exactly like that cutscene. Same characters are present during the fight, same dragon. If you've only killed Laatvulon, you're missing the full ending.

IDK, opposing faction camps in a 3-way Dawnguard vs Reachman werewolves vs Vampire Lords PvP zone? Twilight cringe.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on January 10, 2020 1:06PM
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vampire theme confirmed?

Well we know already some of the chapters codenames in the files being titled "Update 26 - Gothic". The big vampire clans like the Volkihar clan live inside big gothic looking castles then again Skyrim itself has pretty gothic structures like nordic tombs and ruins. The evidence pointing to Vampires and Blackreach is building up.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

vampire theme confirmed?

where underground is confirmed?

In the language of hints, three hints = one solid-gold guarantee:
    The picture on the Gloomspore crown crate card has a vast cave in the background.

The Wood Elf called Mole in The Stitches talks about falling deep underground while on a patrol near Saarthal.

In Southern Elsweyr the trippy-hippy Nord lady Vigwenn Owl-Watcher talks about going into deep caves in Skyrim to get more of her special potion ingredients.
    PC EU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

vampire theme confirmed?

Well we know already some of the chapters codenames in the files being titled "Update 26 - Gothic". The big vampire clans like the Volkihar clan live inside big gothic looking castles then again Skyrim itself has pretty gothic structures like nordic tombs and ruins. The evidence pointing to Vampires and Blackreach is building up.

IIRC from TES V about the only thing they didn't have in Blackreach was vampires.
    PC EU
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It looks like you may be missing the whole second half of the Dragonhold quest storyline. This was the trick the devs used for keeping continuity intact if you played Dragonhold and Elsweyr out of order. You can play them in any order, but the final quest doesn't unlock until you've played both. After finishing Elsweyr's main questline and killing Laatvulon in Dragonhold's first questline, you'll unlock the final story questline for the whole Season of the Dragon where Kaalgrontiid returns and you have to fight him again.

You know that cinematic trailer they released with the Breton hero, Sai Sahan, that cat queen lady, and Tharn fighting the dragon, then the asteroid explodes and there's a cut scene to Skyrim? The battle depicted in that cinematic is the actual last battle of Dragonhold. It's exactly like that cutscene. Same characters are present during the fight, same dragon. If you've only killed Laatvulon, you're missing the full ending.

IDK, opposing faction camps in a 3-way Dawnguard vs Reachman werewolves vs Vampire Lords PvP zone? Twilight cringe.

Team Edward for the win :p
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vampire theme confirmed?

Where does this come from? I haven’t seen any data mining yet for the next Chapter or DLC related stuff (which makes the announcement a bit more interesting although I wished they wouldn’t have revealed the Dark Heart of Skyrim title already).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great to explore Skyrim underground. At least skyrim cities wouldnt be rescaled to fit current ESO maps and cause dissapointment.
    But winterhold in a dlc and with a good scale (same as abah landing) would be awesome.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Like it or not werewolves/vampires/dawnguard are a part of ES lore.

You don't like it, don't play the game.

Imagine using the words Twilight Cringe in 2019...
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

Does being part of the lore necessitate a 3-way PvP battle with "alliances" divided along those lines? No. That's just one of many possibilities that devs might introduce in Skyrim, and it's a possibility that makes me cringe. If I don't like it, I'll decide for myself what to do about that rather than follow the unsolicited advice of a meaningless internet stranger.

Imagine still living in 2019. Somebody got Time Stopped hard.
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Where does this come from? I haven’t seen any data mining yet for the next Chapter or DLC related stuff (which makes the announcement a bit more interesting although I wished they wouldn’t have revealed the Dark Heart of Skyrim title already).

The only datamining I've found that might be relevant to the upcoming Chapter is all old news: (1) an icon titled "1h+rune" (more likely to be renamed Spellsword or 1h+focus or something along those lines, since the term "rune" is already used in Enchanting and doesn't make sense anyway) from a million years ago and (2) Spellcrafting furnishings and other art assets from a few years ago. The hiring of Rob Garrett and the ongoing skill standardization both hint at Spellcrafting. (I'd much rather get Spellsword, Alteration staves, and an update to Frost staff, personally.)
    Edited by Gnortranermara on January 10, 2020 7:07PM
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Does being part of the lore necessitate a 3-way PvP battle with "alliances" divided along those lines? No. That's just one of many possibilities that devs might introduce in Skyrim, and it's a possibility that makes me cringe. If I don't like it, I'll decide for myself what to do about that rather than follow the unsolicited advice of a meaningless internet stranger.

Imagine still living in 2019. Somebody got Time Stopped hard.
    Seraphayel wrote: »

The only datamining I've found that might be relevant to the upcoming Chapter is all old news: (1) an icon titled "1h+rune" (more likely to be renamed Spellsword or 1h+focus or something along those lines, since the term "rune" is already used in Enchanting and doesn't make sense anyway) from a million years ago and (2) Spellcrafting furnishings and other art assets from a few years ago. The hiring of Rob Garrett and the ongoing skill standardization both hint at Spellcrafting. (I'd much rather get Spellsword, Alteration staves, and an update to Frost staff, personally.)

Hey man, Im still waiting to come out of CC. Better nerf time stop tbh

And fair enough. I suppose what I'm getting at is don't be surprised if it actually does happen.

• Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A friend and me think that the black symbol on the map/urn means nothing by itself, but the negative space inside could be a picture of the spear of bitter mercy with its tip broken off. B)

ESO-Skyrim-map-part4.jpg
    MW-item-Spear_of_Bitter_Mercy.jpg
    Edited by Salvas_Aren on January 10, 2020 11:23PM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the Pale would be a good area, along with Blackreach, and Blackreach could point to some sort of Falmer invasion since that's where they hide mostly but idk. I have always thought that the urn looks very elven but who knows. Those pointing to Volikhar clan, that castle in closer to Solitude not Dawnstar… we could get vampires but maybe not them. It'd be a mistake, imo, to include the Volkihar Clan cause that's just a rehash on Skyrim.

I have a sinking feeling that Falmer (the twisted, blinded version) won't be involved in any Skyrim update, which would be a mistake... they might not be widely known but there is still reports of people being attacked near Dwemer ruins and stuff, and they are in the depths hiding. I can cross my fingers and hope for some sort of Falmer sightings and Ancient Snow Elf references… maybe even a ruin or two to explore.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    I have a sinking feeling that Falmer (the twisted, blinded version) won't be involved in any Skyrim update, which would be a mistake... they might not be widely known but there is still reports of people being attacked near Dwemer ruins and stuff, and they are in the depths hiding. I can cross my fingers and hope for some sort of Falmer sightings and Ancient Snow Elf references… maybe even a ruin or two to explore.

Naaahh... I'm about 100% sure there will be Falmer. Omitting a well-known and popular enemy NPC is unimaginable for a game expansion marketed toward Skyrim nostalgia. I'm more worried about whether they'll recognize this opportunity to portray the Falmer in a less degenerate state than the ones from Skyrim. It could be an interesting new take on them. The urn and other items in the photos might be Snow Elf artifacts made by their ancestors. So maybe they're more civilized and able to communicate as non-hostile NPC's. It would be a great addition to the lore of their devolution.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

Naaahh... I'm about 100% sure there will be Falmer. Omitting a well-known and popular enemy NPC is unimaginable for a game expansion marketed toward Skyrim nostalgia. I'm more worried about whether they'll recognize this opportunity to portray the Falmer in a less degenerate state than the ones from Skyrim. It could be an interesting new take on them. The urn and other items in the photos might be Snow Elf artifacts made by their ancestors. So maybe they're more civilized and able to communicate as non-hostile NPC's. It would be a great addition to the lore of their devolution.

I mean yeah, true. ZOS has added more Snow Elf lore with this game. Like the story of Serenarth, out of game book and maybe not canon but might be, I call it a part of lore. Also that they bred a species of snow-cedar that could live in cold places. Also a ruin underneath Fort Greenwall which hints that some Nordic towns/places might be placed over other old ruins.

If they are not in this year at all I'll be pretty mad, they are my favorite race in Elder Scrolls (well the unchanged Snow Elves are)
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it seems to point to whiterun, morthal, dawnstar, winterhold... interesting - winterhold was clear, i can see whiterun for the nostalgia although that environment isnt that interesting...

It will be certainly cool to get dawnguard and vampire armor and maybe founding / assembling the dawnguard similar to what we did in dragonhold could be cool...

What surprises me is that solitude seems not to be pointed towards? Maybe they will include it in the finale q4 update together with the bards guild... i cant imagine them making a skyrim expansion and not including solitude.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Discussion here awhile back about Serena.
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but, wrong.

This line is spoken after the end of the "The Dragonguard" mission, before the start of the "The Dark Aeon" quest. Nahfahlaar is clearly speaking of Kaalgrontiid.

Nahfahlaar and Sai Sahan didn't know Kaalgrontiid at the time we were doing this quest. He only knows later, when Abnur and Khamira speaks about.

You can see the entire diaologo here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Nahfahlaar
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes please make sure you're doing all the quests, so you can unlock the final showdown that is a mirror image of the cinematic reveal.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting caught up with the Elder Scrolls lore after finishing up both Elswrye and Dragonhold, I've been doing some reading and in the Skyrim game, a dragon called Alduin was defeated in Sovngarde and unlike the other Dragons, his soul could not be absorbed. It is theorizes that Alduin is not permanently dead and will eventually return to fulfill the prophecy of the Elder Scrolls.

Nahfahlaar's last conversations with our hero states, "We may meet again, mask-bearer. The world is not so very large. And do not worry about the mask. Like me, it will bide its time until it is again needed."

Then perhaps we have the Necros working directly with Molag Bal to bring back Alduin to wreak havoc upon Tamriel, all starting in Skyrim. The maps and hints are trying to tell us where the Necros plan on resurrecting Alduin. IE the spear head symbol both being on the map and on the urn.

One of the interpreted writings state "Death is naught but a fitful sleep or Death is nothing but a long sleep" may be suggesting Alduin return??

Sovngarde is the location of where Alduin was defeated, maybe the hints are suggesting this where a resurrection will take place or to a portal to an oblivion plane where the Necros will bring Alduin back to Tamriel? This being the Necros "Great Harves of" ??

This is all pretty cool no matter which way you look at it, just adding to the conversation and my thoughts on some of this.
    ~Cheers

• PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    I'm getting caught up with the Elder Scrolls lore after finishing up both Elswrye and Dragonhold, I've been doing some reading and in the Skyrim game, a dragon called Alduin was defeated in Sovngarde and unlike the other Dragons, his soul could not be absorbed. It is theorizes that Alduin is not permanently dead and will eventually return to fulfill the prophecy of the Elder Scrolls.

Nahfahlaar's last conversations with our hero states, "We may meet again, mask-bearer. The world is not so very large. And do not worry about the mask. Like me, it will bide its time until it is again needed."

Then perhaps we have the Necros working directly with Molag Bal to bring back Alduin to wreak havoc upon Tamriel, all starting in Skyrim. The maps and hints are trying to tell us where the Necros plan on resurrecting Alduin. IE the spear head symbol both being on the map and on the urn.

One of the interpreted writings state "Death is naught but a fitful sleep or Death is nothing but a long sleep" may be suggesting Alduin return??

Sovngarde is the location of where Alduin was defeated, maybe the hints are suggesting this where a resurrection will take place or to a portal to an oblivion plane where the Necros will bring Alduin back to Tamriel? This being the Necros "Great Harves of" ??

This is all pretty cool no matter which way you look at it, just adding to the conversation and my thoughts on some of this.
    ~Cheers

......and one more thing, Lyris Titanborn will be back as Sai Sahan writes "This journal was entrusted to me by an old friend"
    ~Cheers
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

~Cheers

Alduin is not resurrectable at this time since he was shot into the future. Alduin was defeated in the 4th Era and we are in the 2nd.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

~Cheers

Alduin is not resurrectable at this time since he was shot into the future. Alduin was defeated in the 4th Era and we are in the 2nd.

Ok, well....so much for my theory (ha) but thank you for clarifying that. Elder Scrolls Lore is quiet expansive and is taking some time to absorb it all.
    ~Cheers
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey,

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Blackreach

I'm very bad at riddles, can someone connect this ?

- Deep down = Blackreach
    - Nirn(????)roots = Crimson Nirnroots

Ashes would be Dwemers ?
    Someone would use daedric magic to 'bring back' Dwemers ?
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My lore understanding is not the best, but afaik Dwemer do not exist. Kagrenac wiped them completely, even the ghosts of fallen Dwemer are gone. So there will no ashes be left.