Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Unable to Login - "Your username or password may be incorrect or inactive at this time"

• MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    While you're all busy complaining, I'm playing the game. Thanks ZoS!
    Options
  • Dake
    Dake
    ✭✭
    I just got home logged on just fine. Yall able to get back in?

2½ hours ago when I tried to login (and this thread was on 4 pages) it was absolutely not working on one account - got lucky and got in on my banker account (yay had 10 min of stuff to do) - the account management on the website wouldn't take either login.
    Now people have gone to bed I can at least login and claim the daily - then go to bed because … well game time is over. At least Battlefield got patched.

Too bad I subbed 6 months upon comming back, lesson learned. Fool me once....
    Options
  • seveneighttwoub17_ESO
    Just figured I'd chime in. Some are able to log in, but many still can't get in. Mine still does not work and many of my friends who play say they are unable to either. PC/NA
    Edited by seveneighttwoub17_ESO on October 29, 2019 10:09PM
    Options
  • rez0055
    rez0055
    ✭✭✭
    Yes logging in seems to work. I'm logging in as we speak.

But doesn't justifiy the fact that ZOS NEVER COMMUNICATES WHAT'S GOING ON.
    Characters
    - Only-Drinks-With-Templars: Lvl 50 Argonian Magica Templar
    - Bialozar: Lvl 50 Khajitt Stamina Nightblade
    - Rez the Bald Sorceror: Lvl 50 Dark Elf Magica Sorceror
    - Gerard Snow: Lvl 50 Dark Elf Magica Dragonknight
    - Dorothea Black: Lvl 50 Imperial Stamina Templar
    - Demon Cleaver: Lvl 50 Orc Stamina Warden
    - Lord of BØnes: Lvl 50 Breton Magica Necromancer

PC/EU server. You'll find my characters hoping on and off on the plains of Cyrodil with the guild The Black.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks again for your patience, everyone. This afternoon, we experienced a critical failure in our network that caused a cascade of network traffic to back up the system. We had to first fix the core issue, then let the traffic resolve over time. At this time, things now seem to be getting back to normal.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Tantala
    Tantala
    ✭✭✭
    For what it is worth, I was having this issue so I logged onto my account and changed the password then everything worked ok.
    Options
  • Dake
    Dake
    ✭✭
    Just figured I'd chime in. Some are able to log in, but many still can't get in. Mine still does not work and many of my friends who play say they are unable to either. PC/NA

The game was working normal in terms of relogging characters and doing banking stuff on my one account while the other one was utterly locked out. So it seems the login server is the problem. At least was tonight - yesterday I skipped ESO due to the loading screen ***.
    Options
  • KexinAD
    KexinAD
    ✭✭
    Time to resub for that annual ESO+ guys! Gogogoggo!
    Options
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    thank you
    Options
  • Woodoochill
    Woodoochill
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks again for your patience, everyone. This afternoon, we experienced a critical failure in our network that caused a cascade of network traffic to back up the system. We had to first fix the core issue, then let the traffic resolve over time. At this time, things now seem to be getting back to normal.

Great job! Thank you for being transparent with us.
    Options
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Dake wrote: »

The game was working normal in terms of relogging characters and doing banking stuff on my one account while the other one was utterly locked out. So it seems the login server is the problem. At least was tonight - yesterday I skipped ESO due to the loading screen ***.

Yep, can now login on the EU server. Haven't attempted NA.

Thank you.
    Options
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop asking Gina for Gina because Gina crunch this week more hours than needs time to make vSS mount achviement :expressionless: Great job ! Thanks GIna for your responses !
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

Options
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally i logged IN and guess what???? i played one BG and the second one is loading already since 5 minutesssssssssssssssssssssssss... i want my money back ZOS!!!!
    Options
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the Information! You guys have no idea how much it means to just have an explanation! It makes things so much easier!

Thank you again :)
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
    Options
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and just got kicked to login screen again.

Not all issues are fully resolved at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
    Ray
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tantala wrote: »
    For what it is worth, I was having this issue so I logged onto my account and changed the password then everything worked ok.

It was not possible to log in to account management during this problem :tongue:
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maybe im crazy but I know the issues that were happening atm and I was still in the game doing master writs...suddenly I get kicked with this message
    qUQberZ.png

and now every time I try to log in I keep getting this message...and yes I did restarted the game...hell even the pc... :<
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Mostly just a curiosity question, but is this related to ongoing EU outages, or a separate issue entirely?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    Sub canceled.
    Options
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tinolyn wrote: »
    Sub canceled.

Same, unfortunately. I want to support this game so badly, but I've had enough. Next chapter will hopefully be a better experience but I am doubtful at this point. Really sucks.
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
    Options
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In other word, someone took a network cable and connect both end to the same hub.
    Options
  • darigaaz87
    darigaaz87
    ✭✭
    It seems that for me and many other people the issue persist. I've been trying for a while now to login, but the game gives me an error message saying "LOGIN ERROR - An unexpected internal error has occurred. Please contact costumer service at help.elderscrollsonline.com". I highly doubt that opening a ticket would help me in resolving this problem. I'll try a repair of my game files, see if that'll resolve the problem...

EDIT: After a repair I've managed to get into the game. The repair did only validate my files, no need to download anything.
    Edited by darigaaz87 on October 30, 2019 3:40AM
    Options
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the "An unexpected internal error occurred. Please contact customer service at help.elderscrollsonline.com" on Xbox but deleting my save files fixed it.

Can I not delete my own comments on here?
    Edited by GenjiraX on October 30, 2019 3:45AM
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tinolyn wrote: »
    Sub canceled.

Same, unfortunately. I want to support this game so badly, but I've had enough. Next chapter will hopefully be a better experience but I am doubtful at this point. Really sucks.
    I'm more disappointed in the DLC tbh... I mean sure for some reason I found the story and side quests more interesting than northern elsweyr...so my guess for that is cuz THEY MADE SENSE???? since they cut elsweyr to make it like this for money...also im disappointed as hell cuz all previous DLCs we always got something either a skill line or arena or trial...something...now what we got? a base that's upgraded through achievement progress from daily quests but after ur done u have no purpose to come back and tbh the furniture rewards are kinda meh... I mean im all up for stuff to get upgraded in time with work by players and all that...but this was made poorly, and after ur done there is no reason for "the play to come back" as it was stated...
    We should also be aware of the fact that zos isn't the only1 to blame...coders are workers who do their job and the ones to be blamed for all the !@#$% we get are the publishers...cuz they are whipping poor workers daily and push stuff for release that's unfinished just to grab more money...give devs proper working conditions and they will do their job...and I thought we are done with this crap of splitting Chapter content just for an extra quick buck...SERIOUSLY does the publishers didn't learn anything from the Morrowind/CwC crap that happened? and you brought this on my beautiful elsweyr that looks like someone forgot what happened in the middle?...meh...2 bad I love this game 2 much 2 quit but dont worry since there aren't many like me and sub money its all you get from me.
    Would also love if they stop developing content and focus on fixing stuff (as they said they will do in 2020...hopefully) and how about dear ZoS u go slap the marketing division back to their seats and show them why they should gtfo in the 1st place from ur back since the game its suffering cuz they keep pushing unfinished stuff out...like that half baked pie that everyone eats and they all end up in hospital, the real way to go for a DLC or no actually at this point we should even make a proper 1st Expansion...where you work for 1-2 years properly and you release 4-6 damn zones that are properly tested before that and you put a straight path on how to progress...where to start and this is strictly on lore part since we vets know which and what...new players wont understand anything...hell even I am having a hard time piecing together the lore and info we are provided so I can make sense of it...and most of the time I have to come up with how things work and luckily when you bring the rest its matching it.../facepalm

All in all...there is still hope for ESO...unless this its all part of a plan of perpetual doom towards the franchise just until ZoS new MMO comes out and if I remember correctly it has nothing to do with TES...so that would be a low blow in my opinion(make sure it has cats and I wont complain that much though >:3 )
    Edited by xenowarrior92eb17_ESO on October 30, 2019 4:02AM
    Options
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just happened to me trying to log in XBOX EU. Only once - second try successful, but thought I’d share in case the problem is creepin’ across platforms.

Edit - infinite load screen trying to log OUT of XBOX EU.

S.
    Edited by ShawnLaRock on October 30, 2019 4:29AM
    Options
  • StarMightyMaster
    StarMightyMaster
    ✭✭✭
    Just happened to me trying to log in XBOX EU. Only once - second try successful, but thought I’d share in case the problem is creepin’ across platforms.

Edit - infinite load screen trying to log OUT of XBOX EU.

S.

Eu it like 4am why trying log in :D
    Options
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the number of fires Gina had to put out these past two weeks, including the last weekend late night emergency maintenance,, I wonder if she's considering taking a vacation right before the next DLC lands... No one in the player base would blame her if she did.
    Options
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes
    Options
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    TempPlayer wrote: »
    In other word, someone took a network cable and connect both end to the same hub.

If ZOS still uses hubs in their data center, this explains a lot! *scnr*
    Edited by Ugh_Tech on October 30, 2019 12:03PM
    Gebt mir meinen charakterbasierten Fortschritt zurück!
    Options
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subscription maintained. I don't expect 100% uptime. Accidents happen, technical failures happen and, in this case, communication and explanation also happened.

I put hundreds of hours into No Man's Sky (I know, more fool me) through to the Next upgrade and I don't think I've had a more frustrating experience in my life. I'm very happy with ESO, despite its occasional glitch here and there. Last night (UK) was just one of those things.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.