Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

The Next Chapter for 2020 Is Skyrim

• svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see the datamined one-hander+rune being the new big skill line next chapter. It’d make even more sense if the chapter was based around Winterhold (for the love of unborn Talos, please let this be the case).

This sounds like a really awesome idea. I hope its true!
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the Prolouge quest in Murkmire- there was a boatman, redguard- he was talking about wanting to 'sail beyound summerset', that was teased then, so hopefully we get to see isles of Thras within the Abecean Sea.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    ✭✭✭
    Our ESO world map is filling up fast! Any theories as to where we go next once the map has been completed?! Think passed Skyrim/Cyro etc...

My thoughts:
    The outer Aurbis map- where we go to Coldharbor, CWC etc.... remaining Prince realms?! Since 16 total Daedric prince realms we could potentially see that as the future roll out for the game. I would love to see the Apocrypha plane of Hermaeus Mora in current time, the Shivering Isles (Sheogorath), Evergloam (Nocturnal) -I know she was in the CWC story line but it would be cool to see the full realm and backstory. Oh and def more on my fav “race” the ancient Dwemer!! With the disappearance being of much debate, it would be cool to see what really happened without unveiling where they are now (for those altruists who prefer the mystery not be revealed or it would lose its value lol)
  • llande
    llande
    ✭✭✭
    I was pretty sure it'll be Skyrim. It's big enough for new chapter and dlc on top of what is currently in the game. It has ton of content that some people love. It would make a lot of sense now, when dragons and dragon cult are in the game.

But now, after ending S. Elsweyr main quest, I'm not entirely sure. And there is this empty land plot between northern and southern Elsweyr on the map still.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    llande wrote: »
    I was pretty sure it'll be Skyrim. It's big enough for new chapter and dlc on top of what is currently in the game. It has ton of content that some people love. It would make a lot of sense now, when dragons and dragon cult are in the game.

But now, after ending S. Elsweyr main quest, I'm not entirely sure. And there is this empty land plot between northern and southern Elsweyr on the map still.

lol the next chapter is CERTAINLY not again in elsweyr - that much i can GUARANTEE you
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They dropped the capital city name for Black Marsh, Gideon a bunch of times during Murkmire so I was suspecting it before they announced Elsweyr. If I could magically make it happen then I would love them to lore-bend us to Akavir. It would also allow for more beast races to be introduced.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i doubt the next chapter will be anywhere where we already had a small or large dlc of whatever kind and the only area this is true is skyrim...they probably kept skyrim for last because of...skyrim... but now its time
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on November 5, 2019 6:38PM
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Golnebo wrote: »
    I heard one of the Dragons in the new DLC yell FUS-RO-DAH! How's that for Skyrim nostalgia.

And, “D - for D.O.T.” ;)

S.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the data mining leaking Elsweyr last year and the dev team not being happy about it I wonder if ZOS will announce this earlier this year. We already know they're doing another year long story so it'll have to be announced before the Q1 dungeon DLC comes out at least.
  • Madhatten512
    Madhatten512
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course it's Skyrim they will try to squeeze the last dollar out of the game they have destroyed.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The empty space on the map between north and south Elsweyr super triggers my OCD.

WHY DON’T THEY BORDER EACH OTHER?!?!
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Look, if the ESO Nords were as interesting as Skyrim Nords, fine. If it's an entire year of bad accents and drinking... I'll skip this one.
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, if the ESO Nords were as interesting as Skyrim Nords, fine. If it's an entire year of bad accents and drinking... I'll skip this one.

Yeah ESO should dial back on the whole bumbling, comic relief angle they have going for the Nords, if Skyrim will be the next Chapter.
  • The_Snuff
    The_Snuff
    ✭✭
    I’m not sure you know what a spoiler is
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Good lord, please no.
    The weak part about an Skyrim chapter is that its more of the same, we have two Skyrim zones already.
    Yes we already had Dunmer zones and an Altmer and Khajiit zones but the new lands was different enough.
    If so I would hope for western Skyrim with marchart and the reachmen.

Have you seen the Falkreath DLC?
    The existing Skyrim zones were made before Skyrim
    Falkreath was made using references from the Skyrim game

So a Chapter in Skyrim will be visually superior to base game Skyrim zones
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »

The empty space on the map between north and south Elsweyr super triggers my OCD.

I really hope for the day when we can seamlessly walk between zones
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »
    Good lord, please no.
    The weak part about an Skyrim chapter is that its more of the same, we have two Skyrim zones already.
    Yes we already had Dunmer zones and an Altmer and Khajiit zones but the new lands was different enough.
    If so I would hope for western Skyrim with marchart and the reachmen.

Have you seen the Falkreath DLC?
    The existing Skyrim zones were made before Skyrim
    Falkreath was made using references from the Skyrim game

So a Chapter in Skyrim will be visually superior to base game Skyrim zones

not necessarily tru depending on what they do...

solstheim could be quite different, reach men territory as well... winterhold or the castle of the vampires, all these regions look quite different...

besides, mountany / snowy zones are often peoples favorite zones (including me)
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You say that when they used the same VAs for most of the Nord characters across both games (Baalgruf and Shalidor have the same VA).

A Skyrim year would mean they've run out of ideas and just want to squeeze as much cash out of the game as possible at this point.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Alexa, play Skyrim ESO"........ :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snow and Draugr. Some ancient evil controlling the undead mayhem.

Northrend here we come!
  • Darios_Heliodromos
    Darios_Heliodromos
    ✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »

Yeah I don't really get what ZOS was thinking when they created both zones like this. I would honestly really appreciate if the team came to explain to us their rationale for the map design because having to wait years (I imagine that there's a bit of Elsweyr exhaustion by this point) to potentially see the remaining space between Anequina and Pellitine filled in will really rub the fanbase the wrong way. The map was honestly starting to look more and more beautiful until Dragonhold triggered cartographic OCD.

Regarding Skyrim - we've experienced so much new content/zones in southern Tamriel over the last couple of years that I can say that it's honestly time for us to begin exploring the northern regions again. I used to worry if ZOS could ever come up with any Khajiiti content/storylines beyond skooma so I'm not too worried about them being able to depict Nords beyond being drunk barbarians with bad accents.

I do hope that they leave the dragons in the past and move on to new threats/storylines. Let's get a Nord party together to explore Solstheim and Roscrea. Let's see if there are any Nords still around on Atmora.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Curious - how exactly do people wanting a bard skill line think it will work?

Will my Khajiit stop whacking things with a sword and ‘sing’ them to death instead?! Or will it be wielding lutes in a lethal fashion?

Seriously, how does the bard idea work?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Curious - how exactly do people wanting a bard skill line think it will work?

Will my Khajiit stop whacking things with a sword and ‘sing’ them to death instead?! Or will it be wielding lutes in a lethal fashion?

Seriously, how does the bard idea work?

Oh this one could easily sing someone to death.

You talk of the culture that invented the Esraj remember.

Choose your song and say goodbye to your loved ones and prized possessions.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s obviously Skyrim. Also it doesn’t take a genius to realize we are getting the Battle Mage CLASS. Abnur Tharn not only said it, but was practically beating us over the heads with it. Also it is the only datamine class this far (3.2.7), on top that, with the standardization and continuous audit of classes, abilities, and races...well duh. spell crafting is coming, but probably not in the capacity of previous TES games (for obvious reasons).
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    It’s obviously Skyrim. Also it doesn’t take a genius to realize we are getting the Battle Mage CLASS. Abnur Tharn not only said it, but was practically beating us over the heads with it. Also it is the only datamine class this far (3.2.7), on top that, with the standardization and continuous audit of classes, abilities, and races...well duh. spell crafting is coming, but probably not in the capacity of previous TES games (for obvious reasons).

Battlemage, a hybrid class without stamina and magicka just one bar for it all !
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt we're getting a new class. Past practice has been to have 2 years between classes, we just got the Necromancer class.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Oathsworn - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    66,110 achievement points
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next one in 2020? Chapter 11
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say sooner or later we will go to Skyrim and Blackreach. Those two alone have a great potential for exploration and also for housing, with Skyrim bringing a lot of snow capped furniture items, houses and parcels of land to build upon and Blackreach for their luminescent mushrooms. Then there is also the nostalgia of revisiting those zones. Then there is just that: sword and rune possible new skill line which can only be introduced with Skyrim's College of Winterhold. Its one of my second deepest wishes regarding eso. Keep in mind that a new zone must also bring some major changes in landscape, totally new architecture, fauna and flora, else it will be a bit disappointing to run through a new zone that looks like you've been there before, such as Murkmire for example.

Black Marsh... Spears... I don't see much potential here yet.
    Hammerfell? Well, we just came from Elsweyr and his arid canyons only to go back into the desert?
    Akaviri? It is too far away, both in place and time as we barely encountered stories about this distant continent through all the story so far.

Something most of us don't talk much about are the oblivion planes, which for one reason or another they are really slow to come. I don't really know how much potential a stand alone Oblivion plane might be but we might live and see. Oblivion alone could be done with a minimum of effort as they already got a large quantity of assets, but also it will be worth visiting it? Personally I'm no fan of hell and flames. Those planes could also be subject of some really vast and major content release pack or a new story some much later in the game in which we are going to met each of those princes and their planes.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they usually seem to listen to the loudest screams when it comes to new content...at least if its doable and as far as i can tell what i hear often mentionned is

1h+rune
    spellcrafting
    winterhold
    bards college

and that all kinda fits together...with spell crafting probably being difficult to implement but i could see them package both into a new skill line and a new crafting skill line

a new class would be great but i doubt we will see one (or a full new weapon line) and rather get a skill/crafting line
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    As well as SkyRim being teased. Spell Crafting has also been teased. One of the NPC's in Southern Elsweyr said he was a spellcrafter that you help. I dont remember who it was and I didn't take a screenshot.