The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Next Chapter for 2020 Is Skyrim

• Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »

The only thing that makes sense left for big focused years is. Skyrim 2020 > Black Marsh 2021 > Hammerfell 2022 > Cyrodil 2023.

As he says here its too soon for deserts. By the time Skyrim content is done it will still be too soon for a desert like Hammerfell and Cyrodil is plausible it will be too similar in style to Skyrim compared to an exotic location like Blackmarsh. So after that I can see Hammerfell getting its big year as it will have been a few years since Elsewyr. After that the only big thing to make sense is Cyrodil focused one before we finish off the rest of the smaller zones left over after Cyrodil.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will probably make 2 chapters of skyrim, it is so big and people love it so they would not miss the chance to have it next year and the the year after that for the 10th anniversary. Nords are coming!
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like any area but would like the Breton to be explored more as a people, more houses and furniture and clothes. I don't know how they can achieve that though and it needs to be fun and interesting. I'd love more daedric zones. I'd even love the lore to be expanded off of Nirn into space or even other planets in the Eso universe. The whole Lunar lattice thing sounds interesting. New lore would keep things fresh but would need to work with the existing lore.
  • stvwhitewalker
    stvwhitewalker
    ✭✭✭
    BROKEN >:)
  • Allternator
    Allternator
    Soul Shriven
    HI,

According to russian elderscrolls.net, code name of the next chapter is Scarp. Scarp has strong reference to Solitude (this city laying on huge scarp). Also Cadwell saying he was in Solitude.. Entries to Blackreach are also near to Morthal and Solitude. Words Gothic and nightfall crates might be related with vampires. Volkhiar Castle is also near to solitude and lord of vampires could be next great enemy

You cah check this vid about references to Solitude and Blackreach other posibilities (sorry but it is in polish)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziAZVWizqTg
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a real trial regardless of what the chapter is, and none of this min-trial crap anymore.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    After completing Skordo and Merreki's quest you can find them in the outer ring of Senchal near the document forge
    I'm either blind or a moron or both. I just can't find them and I'm pretty sure I finished their quest :(.

Me too. Can't find them anywhere in Senchal outside of the palace.

I found them after completing their quest and the final main Dragon Season quest. Theyre sitting at a Table right next to where the Forger is standing, in their own little "room". If you find the Forger again then you cant miss them.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    So, what do you think the theme is going to be for 2020? Year of the "what"?

Failure, it will be another year of failure :D
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KageNin wrote: »
    So, what do you think the theme is going to be for 2020? Year of the "what"?

Failure, it will be another year of failure :D

or Half baked ideas.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they would use this opportunity to update the location of Skyrim, by this I mean push it a little to the left so that Skuldafn isn't exactly where Morrowind city "Blacklight" should be.
    PC/EU
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next Chapter will come with more server instability, lag and crashing. I wish they would not focus on pumping out content and fix, upgrade and optimise exsiting game systems and features.

I will not be purchasing the next chapter on release.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    Next one in 2020? Chapter 11

Bump for biting wit.

S.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    told you guys
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for biting wit. Lol.

S.
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm super excited! My favourite areas in eso have always been the rift and eastmarch. Looking forward to explore westmarch (which I guess I will be the new area)
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well i didn't read all the comments, but i just wanna say:

Morrowind brought wardens

Summerset brought transmutes, jewelry crafting and psijic

Elsweyr brought necros

Skyrim should bring another mechanic then yeah? Gotta be spellcrafting, and get ready for the endless threads about the broken FusRohDah ult from the dragonborn skill line.

Hopefully the games performance actually improves before then, cause i would buy it instantly...but only if things actually improve.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now I need someone to zoom in and figure out what city/town that nord is looking at.

• Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skorro wrote: »
    Gotta milk the nostalgia - they already cashed in on Morrowind :D

Cyrodiil expansion next confirmed.
  • rei91
    rei91
    ✭✭✭
    No, no, we need to go to Black Marsh. Whole year of lizards!

....No?

Am I the only one who was fascinated by Murkmire and would actually like that?
    ... alright I'll see myself out.

Yaaay Skyrim. Well actually I liked ESO Skyrim more than Skyrim's Skyrim, if that makes any sense. So it's okay.
    (Please no dragons and Serana? No? ... alright...)
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and its going to be filled with bugs since morrowind, summersert, and a metric **** from elsweyr. Yaaay, honestly who even cares at this point. Also the best pve gear locked behind a paywall. yaaay...
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's all the hype for the performance fixes?
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Chaos2088 wrote: »

The only thing that makes sense left for big focused years is. Skyrim 2020 > Black Marsh 2021 > Hammerfell 2022 > Cyrodil 2023.

As he says here its too soon for deserts. By the time Skyrim content is done it will still be too soon for a desert like Hammerfell and Cyrodil is plausible it will be too similar in style to Skyrim compared to an exotic location like Blackmarsh. So after that I can see Hammerfell getting its big year as it will have been a few years since Elsewyr. After that the only big thing to make sense is Cyrodil focused one before we finish off the rest of the smaller zones left over after Cyrodil.

I would say the Eastern part of Morrowind would be more managable then Black Marsh, but I would be cool with a well designed not central Black Marsh (I know the missing central part of Elsweyr is annoying but understandable). Also if ESO can live that long I can see 2 Cyrodiil and another Skyrim territory chapter.

• Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I found them after completing their quest and the final main Dragon Season quest. Theyre sitting at a Table right next to where the Forger is standing, in their own little "room". If you find the Forger again then you cant miss them.
    I found them only today!
    Yep, there are some curtains straight behind Dharku the forger, and if you pass through those curtains you'll end up on his balcony, and there they are :D. I don't know how often I missed those curtains when snooping around the place...

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=