Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Next Chapter for 2020 Is Skyrim

• OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    Atleast in skyrim, we don't need that horn from the dragon's....... Anymore!
    Instead, we can shout and send ppl flying to sovngarde.
    https://youtu.be/y2lrT7kb5wo

Ninroot op, plz nerf
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Metavente wrote: »
    True but it be really sad they dont do anything with Shields of Senchal. Its the first time we ran across a fully functional legion with a general thats so renowned that not evil

This. I'd love to see something featuring Imperials not as one offs or the bad guys.
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Metavente wrote: »
    True but it be really sad they dont do anything with Shields of Senchal. Its the first time we ran across a fully functional legion with a general thats so renowned that not evil

This. I'd love to see something featuring Imperials not as one offs or the bad guys.

The Gold Coast is my favourite small DLC zone. A Colovia Chapter would be absolutely fantastic, preferably with a Battlespire Q4 DLC. Helping to restore the Empire would be a great plot that doesn't revolve around world-ending events for once.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim OK, but please no more new classes.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commancho wrote: »
    Skyrim OK, but please no more new classes.

I'm in agreement with this, unless it's a REALLY interesting one. All I did with the Warden was make a Cryomancer that doesn't have any sustain or DPS, that character is literally a novelty item at this point, even with good sets. And I just did not like the Necromancer at all. I tried it through the new tutorial and even when trying to look past the death fetish I still didn't like it. The only neat skill it had was the scythe, but still, never having a Necro and my Warden more or less sits in my roster unused.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well I WANT new classes ..especially bard....and new skill lines... if you dont, simply dont play them, no one is forcing you...

But dont worry, once I get my bard class, i will smooth your mood with my tunes

latest?cb=20120929000810

latest?cb=20120310214053

What could a bards major be? major courage seems to fit? or major discourage (i dont think that buff is in?) or major heroism for the group could also be interesting as a bard ultimate :-)
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on October 23, 2019 10:38PM
    Options
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    major courage seems to fit?

That would be awesome. As healers, they could bring two utility sets instead of one. As DPS, they'd have unique access to the buff in solo play (and any other time you're not getting it from a healer).

This is a really good idea if implemented properly. It would be really sweet attached to a 10 sec AOE HOT centered on caster (like Templar Solar Barrage, but healing instead).

I wonder if they're planning that far out. This new "Year of the Gimmick" model makes me suspect they're only planning the next Chapter+3.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on October 23, 2019 11:16PM
    Options
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eca.jpg
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d love it to be skyrim hopefully we will get good old white run as a town not dungeon 😊
    Options
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what do you think the theme is going to be for 2020? Year of the "what"?

Moar dragons!

Frosty toes

Lyris

Mead - most likely "Skyrim - The Season of Mead"

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

What is deep under ground in Skyrim?

Blackreach
    Options
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any guesses on how they are going to top "Dragons" as the Skyrim Chapter's take on dolmen/geyser/dragon-type dynamic content? I'm really curious what this will end up being, since I don't think they can repeat Dragons again. Maybe camps of giants and mammoths with extreme temperaments? Hmm, that's not as exciting as Dragons.

I feel like they need to keep upping their game here.
    Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    Any guesses on how they are going to top "Dragons" as the Skyrim Chapter's take on dolmen/geyser/dragon-type dynamic content? I'm really curious what this will end up being, since I don't think they can repeat Dragons again. Maybe camps of giants and mammoths with extreme temperaments? Hmm, that's not as exciting as Dragons.

If the next chapter is indeed Skyrim, then they could go one of three ways; Draugr, Reachmen, or the City of Winterhold (before the fall) and spellcrafting.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »

If the next chapter is indeed Skyrim, then they could go one of three ways; Draugr, Reachmen, or the City of Winterhold (before the fall) and spellcrafting.

vampires, dragon priests, giants, falmer
    Options
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude im still waiting on legacy of the dragonborn, I don't need more skyrim in my life.
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it isnt really the communities fault that some people apparently havent played anything but skyrim for the past 10 years...
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it isnt really the communities fault that some people apparently havent played anything but skyrim for the past 10 years...

It still averages over 10,000 monthly players on Steam (the same amount as ESO). I've seen people with over 4,000 hours in the game. I never understood how someone could play a single player game for that long, even with mods.
    Options
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope it's not a full year of skyrim. We already have two skyrim zones, and a full game. If I wanted skyrim, I would go play Skyrim. I really want to explore places that haven't been seen yet.

Skyrim in 2nd ERA though. Will be different in a lot of places. Like Winterhold, for instance. College in all it's glory.
    Options
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim ??!!

Let me add to the (apparently tiny) "Gods, NOOOOOOOOO !!!!" faction.

Started playing TES with Morrowind and got hooked instantly. Loved Oblivion. Waited for Skyrim impatiently. And was sorely disappointed.
    It was boring, most NPCs I couldn't bring myself to care for, it had (for TES standards) awful story writing, that "radiant AI quests" sucked, the whole dragonborn thing sounded totally ridiculous and so on. I mean, come on, "Let's SHOUT people to death, because dragons do so !" Yeah, sure, because "real" words of power need to be shouted. Repeatedly. *facepalm*
    Considering it comes from dragons it's probably about killing people with bad breath, and some stupid Nord (with equally bad breath) thought it was about the noise. And that's supposed to incite any "nostalgia" for me ? No thanks ! It even makes me roll my eyes when the dragons in Elsweyr shout away.
    The graphics were nice, but, well, pretty pictures can be done with any other place in Tamriel as well.

So, with Lyris as the most boring and uninspired of the four companions as the most probable "chum" for the adventure, and a whole lot of Nords who are just plain too stubborn and proud (that's Nord for dense and egoistic) to get anything right, ever, and need my help in consequence, that will be a chapter that saves me lots of money because I'll just skip it and do all the other stuff ESO has to offer.

Cyrodiil, on the other hand, finally opened for something useful instead of PvP - say the word and I'll be there with my wallet ready !!

Skyrim is a big part of TES lore and a large portion of it isn't in the game right now. It's gonna happen eventually one way or the other.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more cats or Argonians
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why so much complaining about a potential Skyrim chapter. It would be very different to the actual Skyrim game. Lots of political strife in Skyrim around this time, reachmen, power struggles and no dragons. Could be fun.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Not sure why so much complaining about a potential Skyrim chapter. It would be very different to the actual Skyrim game. Lots of political strife in Skyrim around this time, reachmen, power struggles and no dragons. Could be fun.

and think about THE BARD class and all the glorious nordic bard songs
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't see them doing a full class again in 2020.

They could implement a Bard skill line though. I could see it possibly working like AOE heals etc and giving party and self buffs.
    Edited by JD2013 on October 24, 2019 8:59AM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even Windhelm is completly redesigned in ESO vs Skyrim. I'm sure people would love to revisit those places anytime, to check out what is new or to simply relive old memories. Bleakrock alone is one reason I even preordered ESO in the first place.

Personally I'm looking to climb towards High Hrothgar and Throat of the World and his 7 thousand steps from an ESO perspective, with increased LOD, graphics and why not other features such as frost damage like we encountered in this place just south of The Riften, Forelhost. I'm also looking towards revisiting some other iconic places such as College of Winterhold, Solitude or... the much lovely Blackreach whom might come most likely as zone DLC by itself. Mushrooms? Oh mushrooms! Off :(
    I'm very sure this chapter+dlc alone will give us homestead lovers, a very wide range of items, snow capped and luminescent ones, only good to create some trully amazing master pieces. If all this will increase item limit or give us some winter themed houses and gardens it will be even better.

Probably the best part of it all I would really really love that Skyrim will be designed such way that will allow us to enter Blackreach just as in the previous game, and it will feature a tons of dwemer like puzzles and quests.

Labirinthian trial anyone? Or this might be just an group or public content? Hmm we will see.

Also @ZOS any chance to see a trial DLC pack in the nearby future similar to those 2 dungeon DLC packs? :)
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great thing about skyrim is that we might get some additional ice themed sets YYYAAAAYYY
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great thing about skyrim is that we might get some additional ice themed sets YYYAAAAYYY

This one would just like some craftable, or luxury guy purchasable, snow and ice furnishings. Right now it is all store only yes.

That is basically the big hope of this one for any travel to Skyrim.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Also Skaal outfit eh? Khajiit has just put two and three together and hopes that it comes with a suitable musical instrument …

A Khajiit skaal. Now that is a sound you will not forget!
    Edited by SantieClaws on October 24, 2019 10:51AM
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I can't see them doing a full class again in 2020.

They could implement a Bard skill line though. I could see it possibly working like AOE heals etc and giving party and self buffs.

I think I'd rather have spell crafting from Winterhold College than a Bard skill line from Solitude Bards College. We know how formulaic ZOS likes to make their content. A Bard skill line would be much like the Psijiic skill line. To open it up they'd have us go fetch the nine hundred and ninety nine fragments of Finnegan's Harp or some such.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spell crafting is never going to happen...burry that thought finally
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    This one knew that wherever we were going the environment would be very different to Elsweyr yes.

Dragons … well naturally all roads lead to the snowy north.

Hope they give us at least a few choices of snowhat - and ones that fit our ears properly please!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Hats like this one? What a happy coincidence that this outfit should appear now, just when we are going to need it :smile:

nCf9Neo.jpg

What outfit is that?! (On console so no dlc yet 😕)

Skaal from the upcoming new life festival

Yeah that outfit and the name "Skaal" somehow make me guess that next year we going to see a Bard/Minstrel like class also. ;)
    Options
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is, they will release the chapter in Q3/Q4 in time for winter to fit with the Skyrim theme. I had a hunch it was coming sooner than expected with Falkreath. No way would they go into so much detail and work for a single dungeon zone + we’ve seen a picture Riverwood with the crown store pet.

I’ve also seen that people have posted screenshots with an NPC talking about going underground and potentially hinting about the Falmer. Just wanted to say - the Falmer design is already in the game and I noticed it in the Morrowind chapter. When you go to Azura’s Shrine and see the dead corpses of Dark Elves, they look exactly like the Falmer from Skyrim and not like the standard Dark Elf we see in ESO
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darien. Bard. Do those two words look good together?
    PC EU
    Options