Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Flying cheats disrupting community events--is there no recourse?

bellatrixed
bellatrixed
✭✭✭✭✭
Tonight there was a roleplay event hosted in Anvil. 50+ people showed up just to socialize and have fun, and instead got trolled for over two hours by people literally flying in the sky, relentlessly spamming massive AOEs on the group for literally 2 1/2 hours. Many, many people reported them, sometimes more than once, but they stayed for hours.

I'm really disappointed that there isn't a faster GM response for stuff like this. Keep in mind, I have a very high capacity for trolling. I can look the other way if someone's throwing mudballs and being an idiot, but these people were FLYING IN THE SKY and creating nonstop AOEs, so frequently and for so long that I have little doubt they were using macros as well.

No names here, so not a name and shame, but I just wanted to know if there was anything that could be done in situations like this for the future rather than filing reports that don't seem to do anything.

unknown.png

unknown.png
ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy ffff. Sorry this happened to you guys. I know this kind of kindergarden behaviour from my RP days in LOTRO, but at least there the GMs wielded a swift and merciless banhammer. Oh, how I yearn for RP designated instances at least, since RP servers are a dying species in this genre...
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
    Options
  • Iphin
    Iphin
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I attended this event and it was outrageous that nothing could be done to deter the harassment that these two individuals unleashed on players just minding our own business and roleplaying.

I'm aware of about a dozen people who filed a report against these two players, but the fact that it went on for literally hours is just beyond belief.
    "Those who believe in Telekinesis, raise my hand."
    Options
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    FLYING HACK ON !
    INFINITY REGEN HACK ON!
    ANTI-GM REPORT HACK ON!
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do they fly through the sky? Is it some sort of exploit, or what?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is not cool, I am sorry your event got ruined. It is really annoying what they did to you. And yes I agree that there should be something in place that for example after 4 complaints someone gets a temporary block until they have looked into it.

flufferthefluff how is it possible that he/she is in the air like that? Does that not break the game or something?
    Edited by kinguardian on September 29, 2019 5:59AM
    Options
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I have no idea. I've never seen it before, but I'm guessing it's an exploit. I can't imagine ZOS is okay with people flying around using macros, especially when it's used to troll people for nearly 3 hours...
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all those who say there are no cheaters in ESO :D

It will be probably closed and deleted soon, so I'll make a screenshot.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you imagine the huge outcry if they started doing that during PvP in Cyrodiil? Or are they already doing it? That's one way to take over an enemy fort. :(
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Similar things happened some years back in Cyrodiil. Flying with infinite ultimate spamming. Shame they haven't patched out the exploits the cheating software uses. That on top of griefing RPers will get them in some severe hot water. Most likely banned from the game. It sucks that there aren't active GMs in the game at all, but at least there is some solace that it will not go unpunished.
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same with people running around spamming regen in Vivec. It's like a they are too cheap to even buy mudballs from the Guild Store.
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you imagine the huge outcry if they started doing that during PvP in Cyrodiil? Or are they already doing it? That's one way to take over an enemy fort. :(

They did back in 2016. For an entire weekend we got spammed with meteors.
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry it happened to you. :( I hope the cheater gets banned.
    I can't imagine ZOS is okay with people flying around using macros, especially when it's used to troll people for nearly 3 hours...

It's not macros. Macro is just a script that performs a certain input sequence when you press a button. For example, you press one button and it casts 3 abilities one after another. It doesn't allow you to bypass internal cooldowns on skills and cast everything at the same time, and you certainly cannot fly using it.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m thinking they got onto an invisible ledge somehow. The only probably explanation I can think of so far. Still no excuse for their crappy behavior though.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m thinking they got onto an invisible ledge somehow. The only probably explanation I can think of so far. Still no excuse for their crappy behavior though.
    During the fiasco of 2016, they were actually flying in Cyrodiil.

No ledges, nothing. They were going over keep walls from the outside.
    Options
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Same with people running around spamming regen in Vivec. It's like a they are too cheap to even buy mudballs from the Guild Store.
    It's interesting that noone thought to spam Symbiosis light attack yet - its projectile and the sound it makes is far far more obnoxious than Regen :D
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be really annoyed too if I lose 3hrs of playtime. Hope it doesnt happen again.

I think you can port to different instance of Anvil, even when zone pop. is low. Unless they are guildies/friends, they can't reach you.
    Edited by Deep_01 on September 29, 2019 6:51AM
    @Deepan on PC-EU
    Options
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok
    NA-PC
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based off of past situations, I think its safe to say that this will be taken seriously and the people will get banned. For one, CE use has led to multiple people being banned in the past (sounds probable that this is in that realm of things). Then add in the bothering of RP folks, again, pretty frowned upon, and people have been banned for it before. I'm glad you and your group all reported the people doing it. No decent person wants people flying around using cheats or being a complete a hole by deliberately trying to upset other folks trying to have a nice night playing in the way they enjoy best.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the cheat engine fiasco of 2016, many of the variables that were stored in our clients were moved to the server. This led to significantly more lag, but with the benefit of knowing that people can’t hack their ult gen, stats, stat regen, armor, etc.

Unfortunately there’s no easy way to make your character’s position be a server-side variable as well. If that were the case, your client would rubber band all over the place every time the server hiccupped (imagine movement being as unresponsive as using skills in cyrodil during primetime)

While cheat engine became largely useless after the changes in 2016, movement/positioning hacks are still very much a possibility. Just report whoever you find doing it. There are server-side processes in place to catch them (in-game speed limit being the most obvious of them)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    It's interesting that noone thought to spam Symbiosis light attack yet - its projectile and the sound it makes is far far more obnoxious than Regen :D
    Is that the one with the little blob of light being hurled at you? Ugh that crap always makes me look around wildly, “who’s attacking me???”. Okay, so I might be a little jumpy while PVPing :|

OP, it will always boggle my mind when people find joy in ruining someone else’s fun. Those who make excuses or justify it are almost as bad. I truly hate the troll/edgelord culture, it’s just a bunch of socially maladapted jerks devoid of any real personality. Hopefully your next event happens without this nonsense.
    Options
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look like a feature.

(yeah ban them all)
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

Options
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    these guys are getting a life time ban for sure, interrupting a RP event is the biggest crime you can do in ESO, cheating in cyrodiil? harmless. Collecting nodes with Bots? who cares. Exploiting mechanics and bugs? 1 week ban.

..but boy oh boy you better do not interrupt RPers, they will mass report you..
    Options
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    Is that the one with the little blob of light being hurled at you? Ugh that crap always makes me look around wildly, “who’s attacking me???”. Okay, so I might be a little jumpy while PVPing :|
    Yep, that's the one.
    Light attack is a blob of light thrown with a rather arced trajectory.
    Heavy attack is a channelled beam of light, very similar to what most of the healer NPCs use.

I tried using Symbiosis on my PvP healer a few months back, and it mostly had the effect of annoying the crap out of my allies, especially due to the sound it makes when the projectile hits :D
    It's quite confusing and annoying to get hit with such "healing attacks", like Symbiosis or the DK healing fireball.

And I guess some people run around spamming abilities in towns just to be annoying. I see it every day in Wayrest around the traders and Undaunted enclave, in the afternoon there's usually at least 1 clown running around spamming heals.
    I guess ZOS should put a Jester's outfit in the clown store, and let the trolls run wild :trollface:
    Options
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    I'm really disappointed that there isn't a faster GM response for stuff like this. Keep in mind, I have a very high capacity for trolling. I can look the other way if someone's throwing mudballs and being an idiot, but these people were FLYING IN THE SKY and creating nonstop AOEs, so frequently and for so long that I have little doubt they were using macros as well. [...]

That people actually think this game still has GMs is SO CUTE. :)
    OP, i am very sorry about your event, but there are no GMs in this game and all you can hope for is that your reports (hopefully with screenshot- and video proof) have an effect and result in a ban.
    If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is not cool, I am sorry your event got ruined. It is really annoying what they did to you. And yes I agree that there should be something in place that for example after 4 complaints someone gets a temporary block until they have looked into it.

flufferthefluff how is it possible that he/she is in the air like that? Does that not break the game or something?

I don't think an automatic ban based on number of reports would be a good idea. It would be far too easy for someone to get everyone in their guild to report someone, just to get them a fake ban. Sure it would be reversed eventually, but it could still be used to do things like sabotage an enemy team in Cyrodiil (or Battlegrounds) or simply troll other players by getting them unfairly banned until ZOS get around to investigating.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it lead to erp
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did they know to come there at that time? Did you advertise the event publicly somewhere?

It seems a lot of effort just to be a ***... like A+ class dickery -- on a level that deserves a special medal.
    Options
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Certain players are still flying into keeps in Cyrodiil, one guy is always underground and goes wherever he wants, other guys are using infinite health cheats etc etc etc.

They get reported on daily basis and ZOS does not ban them, so they get more and more blatant over time.

I expect this thread will be closed and deleted soon as it makes ZOS look incompetent (not that they need any help there).

Options
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've never seen of or heard of a GM in ESO - pretty sure they don't exist, its a shame because there are some filthy people with awful mouths, especially in pvp. Having a gm presents anywhere in the game would be amazing.
    Its a shame that you all had to put up with that.
    Options