Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Flying cheats disrupting community events--is there no recourse?

• Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've never seen of or heard of a GM in ESO - pretty sure they don't exist, its a shame because there are some filthy people with awful mouths, especially in pvp. Having a gm presents anywhere in the game would be amazing.
    Its a shame that you all had to put up with that.
    The loading screen text does suggest that GMs exist, there's even a special icon for their @names.

But it seems that ESO GM's are like Lt. Columbo's wife - everyone has heard about them, but noone has ever seen them yet :D
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    these guys are getting a life time ban for sure,

We can only hope. Not because they were interrupting an RP session, although that is reason enough, but because the more of this type of player we can get out of the game and moved onto some other game, the better.
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    The loading screen text does suggest that GMs exist, there's even a special icon for their @names.

This is true, but it has been so long since anyone saw a GM in the game, the feature probably no longer works. I doubt it is something they pull out and test.

As suggested above, ZOS does not seem to police from within the game. Instead, it appears that they take reports and handle them offline, sometimes weeks later.

If course, what do I know? They don't talk about it. Maybe they put the reports in a pile, then once every month, someone comes along and throws away the pile. :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on September 29, 2019 12:26PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is cheat engine still alive?
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've never seen of or heard of a GM in ESO - pretty sure they don't exist, its a shame because there are some filthy people with awful mouths, especially in pvp. Having a gm presents anywhere in the game would be amazing.
    Its a shame that you all had to put up with that.

The likelihood is that GMs exist but not permanently based on a particular server, rather they are a part of Customer Support and log onto whichever server they're dealing with a problem on. That's a common arrangement in MMOs these days. The reason nobody sees them when they are on a server is because if they're watching something or someone they don't intend to be seen.

In the early days I did see a GM in a delve where he was dealing with bots and he announced that everyone should stand well back from him. Only the bots failed to do so and his AOE kickhammer struck them.

I hope they pick up on this particular problem. It's a shame that the megaserver concept doesn't lend itself to separate ruleset servers or I'd play on the RP server as that's always my preference where the option exists. I wish the RPers well!

Options
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo people got their accounts permanently band in 2016 for exposing a cheat/hack that's still in the game in now almost 2020?...
    Edited by NoodleESO on September 29, 2019 3:32PM
    Options
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More importantly are we all lagging out of our minds because of an anti cheat system that doesn't actually work??
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish if you put someone on ignore, you can't see them either. I'm sorry your event was messed up. Yes, there are more critical bugs/harassment issues, and no, I don't think these guys should be banned, but that's something that needs fixing - make it so that people you want to ignore cannot bother you.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
    Options
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight there was a roleplay event hosted in Anvil. 50+ people showed up just to socialize and have fun, and instead got trolled for over two hours by people literally flying in the sky, relentlessly spamming massive AOEs on the group for literally 2 1/2 hours. Many, many people reported them, sometimes more than once, but they stayed for hours.

I'm really disappointed that there isn't a faster GM response for stuff like this. Keep in mind, I have a very high capacity for trolling. I can look the other way if someone's throwing mudballs and being an idiot, but these people were FLYING IN THE SKY and creating nonstop AOEs, so frequently and for so long that I have little doubt they were using macros as well.

No names here, so not a name and shame, but I just wanted to know if there was anything that could be done in situations like this for the future rather than filing reports that don't seem to do anything.

unknown.png

unknown.png

who ever that guy in the air is a chad and deserves a medal for top tier trolling GOD BLESS
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, PC EU. You nasty rascals. :)
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno While the behavior is certainly abusive, the flying and possibly other cheats is something Zos needs to look into and address for the legitimacy of the game. I am sure you can agree that flying characters seems to show some sort of cheat is being used. Thx for getting some attention on this.

To OP. Best to get names of players (@names are even better) and report it to Zos directly.
    Options
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Oh, PC EU. You nasty rascals. :)

under op's description it says PC NA @ChunkyCat >.>
    I fear for the worst
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was only a matter of time before that Russian Cheat Engine made its way to ‘Murica.

You should be afraid.
    Options
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Can you imagine the huge outcry if they started doing that during PvP in Cyrodiil? Or are they already doing it? That's one way to take over an enemy fort. :(

Seen it in Cyrodiil
    Edited by TragedyOA on September 29, 2019 4:28PM
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NoodleESO wrote: »
    Sooo people got their accounts permanently band in 2016 for exposing a cheat/hack that's still in the game in now almost 2020?...

It's a 3rd party program that can be programmed to circumvent all kinds of things in games. It's basically an escalation of tactics. For reasons that escape me, some people think cheating proves they are good players.

Just like some guys get their jollies from trying to ruin other peoples' fun. It sucks the event goers couldn't get a GM on the scene to clean things up so they could enjoy their time. :(

P.S. I thought I heard the guy in those videos got banned, but it's not hard to just buy a new account from a bot farmer or someone leaving the game.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the people on live now believe me when I said someone hit me for over 999999 damage more than once just a few weeks ago :D I couldnt even SS it cause the game booted me every time. Told them cheating was back, thanks for posting a thread for all the naysayers to confirm.
    Options
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

It's a 3rd party program that can be programmed to circumvent all kinds of things in games. It's basically an escalation of tactics. For reasons that escape me, some people think cheating proves they are good players.

Just like some guys get their jollies from trying to ruin other peoples' fun. It sucks the event goers couldn't get a GM on the scene to clean things up so they could enjoy their time. :(

P.S. I thought I heard the guy in those videos got banned, but it's not hard to just buy a new account from a bot farmer or someone leaving the game.

Its possible for them to get a new account, but I don't think they intend to continue cheating. The events of 2016 are largely misunderstood. The devs of the game didn't plan on doing anything about cheating until CE was exposed.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. ZOS banning people does not act as a deterrent to everyone. As a matter of fact, ZOS gives the appearance that they don't care, which is the opposite of a deterrent.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all those saying this shouldn’t get a ban when there is cheating in Cyrodiil, why can’t both be done? It’s not an either or situation.

I remember actually seeing a GM in game several years ago, but haven’t seen one since.

RP is not my thing, but I’m not going to interfere with someone else doing it. Why would I? Trolling in game is definitely against TOS.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For all those who say there are no cheaters in ESO :D

It will be probably closed and deleted soon, so I'll make a screenshot.

Hack and exploits have been around for years, actively, theres a ton of em you can get just for a couple bucks and they're mostly undetectable, those that are defending the game for being cheat-free are either cheaters themselves or very naive fanboys.
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some players just want chaos in the game, others want superman ability to be worshiped as an in game God.
    Options
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    these guys are getting a life time ban for sure, interrupting a RP event is the biggest crime you can do in ESO, cheating in cyrodiil? harmless. Collecting nodes with Bots? who cares. Exploiting mechanics and bugs? 1 week ban.

..but boy oh boy you better do not interrupt RPers, they will mass report you..

Maybe PVPers should be more diligent with reporting then? Like, this was genuine harassment regardless of if you approve of RP. And while I certainly was upset my event was disrupted, for us it was just annoying. For PVPers this is gamebreaking, so it needs to be addressed no matter what it's being used to do.
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    How did they know to come there at that time? Did you advertise the event publicly somewhere?

It seems a lot of effort just to be a ***... like A+ class dickery -- on a level that deserves a special medal.

Yep, it was a public event so it was advertised on a popular RP forum. But many public RP events are and they don't get trolls that just sit there for 2+ hours spamming ongoing rotation AOE macros while flying in the air. Soooo it was definitely next level trolling.

I am not one to expect bans to be handed out for every little thing. Trolling is always dumb, but it's usually easy enough to ignore it. Normally trolls will throw some mudballs, run around saying stupid stuff, spam some effects and then eventually get bored and leave. This dude was in it for the long haul and to me that makes it genuine harassment and deserving of some sort of consequence. I'd feel this way if he was just standing on the ground spamming the same AOE for HOURS, but factor in the flying cheating and yikes.
    idk wrote: »
    To OP. Best to get names of players (@names are even better) and report it to Zos directly.

I and a bunch of others did report the @ names, so hopefully something will be done to them! It's just disappointing GMs apparently don't exist. I remember getting GMs directly on the scene in other games to handle ongoing harassment but I haven't ever seen it in ESO...
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
    Options
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is RP even controversial in an RPG? Can't even fathom that there are players who are creeped out by it, like, why are you here then?
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
    Options
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vestahls wrote: »
    Why is RP even controversial in an RPG? Can't even fathom that there are players who are creeped out by it, like, why are you here then?

That was my thought...like, you realize that MMORPGs in general have a stereotype of being full of basement-dwelling neckbeards, right? It's rich, as an MMO player, to call people playing the mmoRPG part of things creepy weirdos given that the majority of the world thinks that MMO players are all creepy weirdos.

Not saying that's right or anything, just pointing out that we're all playing the same game in the end.
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vestahls wrote: »

I don't get it either. I'm not into it, and it's not something I'm interested in, but to each their own. It doesn't affect or impact me or how I play or what I want to do in-game -- so what if individuals want to role play? Where's the harm? It's almost as if some people feel threatened by it somehow...
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Its possible for them to get a new account, but I don't think they intend to continue cheating. The events of 2016 are largely misunderstood. The devs of the game didn't plan on doing anything about cheating until CE was exposed.

I was referring to the Russian(?) guy whose videos were posted above.
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't RP, but I've found myself playing with RPers from time to time. In City Of Heroes, I ended up on the Virtue server (a predominantly RP server), and they were some of the politest players I encountered. On LOTRO, I played on Landroval, and was constantly awed at the sheer amount of dedication and their active community.

They're alright in my book. They're not bothering anybody and they're harmless.

"If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're going to troll RPers, you should at least do it in RP fashion. :p

Like this one time I stumbled into some RPers detailing how they became vampires. They were telling some cockamamie story about how the heavens opened up and that stars moved and trumpets sounded blah blah blah. I was sorely tempted to just march in there and say:

"Yo! So I was just walkin through the Rift one day mindin my own bidness lookin for herbs, if you know what I mean, when this crazy looking emo teenager all covered in glitter just ran up and bit me! I mean, who does that! That's insane! Well he must of had some kind of STD or somethin cause the next day I was a frikin vampire. Can you believe that? What kind of sick freak runs around biting people and giving them vampire herpes? That's just messed up, man. That kid needs some serious help."
    Edited by Glurin on September 29, 2019 7:33PM
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    While cheat engine became largely useless after the changes in 2016

No it didn't. I still works as of the latest patch. CE has always quickly adopted and probably will continue to do so.

As for GMs, i haven't seen any GM in-game in many years (literally) ...
    dry.gif

Options
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    If you're going to troll RPers, you should at least do it in RP fashion. :p

Like this one time I stumbled into some RPers detailing how they became vampires. They were telling some cockamamie story about how the heavens opened up and that stars moved and trumpets sounded blah blah blah. I was sorely tempted to just march in there and say:

"Yo! So I was just walkin through the Rift one day mindin my own bidness lookin for herbs, if you know what I mean, when this crazy looking emo teenager all covered in glitter just ran up and bit me! I mean, who does that! That's insane! Well he must of had some kind of STD or somethin cause the next day I was a frikin vampire. Can you believe that? What kind of sick freak runs around biting people and giving them vampire herpes? That's just messed up, man. That kid needs some serious help."

Your story sounds better imo :lol:
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    How do they fly through the sky? Is it some sort of exploit, or what?

I have no idea. I've never seen it before, but I'm guessing it's an exploit. I can't imagine ZOS is okay with people flying around using macros, especially when it's used to troll people for nearly 3 hours...
    if so it would be extremely idiotic to use it to troll over time there all has lots of time to report.
    Way way more dangerous than using it in PvP if you move around all the time.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options