Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 15

Flying cheats disrupting community events--is there no recourse?

• Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »
    The problem with this kind of stuff is your forced to endure it because there are literally ZERO GMs in this game. Yes, you can report them and they might actually get banned eventually , but that is a slow process that takes days or weeks. There are other games have actual GMs available to handle this kind of stuff so you don't have to put up with non stop harrassment but sadly, no such people exist in ESO. Maybe they did when it first came out but that was a long time ago. No one I know has ever saw an actual GM in game. Kind of sad with the amount of money they make. Heck , they could at least solicit volunteers for the position.

But top 3 MMO according to top 10 articles, amirite? You'd think a game so big and popular would have GMs
    Edited by Vhozek on September 30, 2019 8:27AM
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
    Options
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of banning the players who ruined the fun for the RP, have ZOS put a "killable" tag on their account, allowing anyone in PvE to consider them as any other PvE ESO character, and play with them at will for an indefinite period of time--they couldn't fight back because other players would be immune.

Have them get a taste of their own dish they created.
    Options
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Instead of banning the players who ruined the fun for the RP, have ZOS put a "killable" tag on their account, allowing anyone in PvE to consider them as any other PvE ESO character, and play with them at will for an indefinite period of time--they couldn't fight back because other players would be immune.

I like this idea. I would get myself in trouble if it means the game difficulty will go up.
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
    Options
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another problem with getting anything done is that ZOS support tends to ignore reports filed using the in-game reporting feature. If you file your reports (bugs, reporting players, and anything else) through the portal at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ you have a much better--though certainly not guaranteed--chance of your report being noticed. I don't think I've ever had action taken on reports I've filed in-game, but when I file them through the website I tend to get quick responses. The first time I had a problem, I filed an in-game bug report on something happening to my inventory items. No response for over half a month. I filed a ticket through the website and had a customer support response within the next day, and my issue resolved within a day after that. It's always worked like that for me.

Now I'm irritated over two things:

First, jerks being jerks who can't mind their own business and want to harsh other people's fun.

Second, that I had no clue this RP event was going on. XD I'm too shy to actively speak up in RP, but I love to watch RP events and add to the atmosphere where welcomed by joining in activities like dancing or /cheering duels or whatever. :) One of my favorite things is when I'm out questing in the middle of nowhere in a low-population area, and I run across a group of obvious roleplayers.
    —PC/NA, never Steam—
    Getting lost in TESO Tamriel and beyond since Beta 2013!
    Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
    Options
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    mmmm they can fly why not us!!!! or go under water come on we want this!
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the same thing in Alinor the other day; three players were standing high in the air outside the crafting station, throwing warden's icy escape on the ground, so that whoever synergized it would port to them and then inevitably fall down to their death. Funny, but kinda mean for the repair costs, and definitely an exploit.
    Options
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how the hell one flying dude can ruin your fancy party? Jesus Christ...
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vhozek wrote: »
    x48rph wrote: »
    The problem with this kind of stuff is your forced to endure it because there are literally ZERO GMs in this game. Yes, you can report them and they might actually get banned eventually , but that is a slow process that takes days or weeks. There are other games have actual GMs available to handle this kind of stuff so you don't have to put up with non stop harrassment but sadly, no such people exist in ESO. Maybe they did when it first came out but that was a long time ago. No one I know has ever saw an actual GM in game. Kind of sad with the amount of money they make. Heck , they could at least solicit volunteers for the position.

But top 3 MMO according to top 10 articles, amirite? You'd think a game so big and popular would have GMs

My final PvP days a few months back...

- flying people
    - lvl 18 people running faster then the fastest buffed horses while being unkillable
    - people bunny hopping, gaining warpspeed across cyrodill

If there was any GM in the game, this would not happen. ESO is the only MMO i ever played without ever seeing a GM. Even a dead game like Vanguard has in it's dying days with only 250 people playing 2 GM's running around making sure people had a good time.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Voltranox
    Voltranox
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much every single online game gets attacked by cheaters.
    Many popular games have gone from being highly profitable to almost (or totally) failing because of cheating.
    There's lots of game developers who have recovered - by fixing their failing product (and brand reputation).

They invest in their security measures, they punish cheaters with permanent bans, and they invest in customer support (regular communication, good response to support issues, active GM's).

Some even take the expensive and drastic action of major changes to their game engine (something I think ZOS urgently needs to do).

ESO has had security issues right from its very beginning, and I can see no evidence that they have invested any of the above measures to correct their product or improve their support system. If they have, they appear to be extremely ineffective.

It's just a game. But the computer game industry now makes more money than movies and music combined. And like myself, many of you have invested considerable money and time in this hobby and with this company. Fix it. DO something.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voltranox wrote: »

ESO has had security issues right from its very beginning, and I can see no evidence that they have invested any of the above measures to correct their product or improve their support system. If they have, they appear to be extremely ineffective.

It's just a game. But the computer game industry now makes more money than movies and music combined. And like myself, many of you have invested considerable money and time in this hobby and with this company. Fix it. DO something.

For ESO, I think that ship sailed and ain't coming back. They obviously have a cheating policy. They don't talk about it, but they must have one, and like it. They don't say what they do when someone cheats in a specific instance, but they obviously enforce it as they see fit, and seem to be happy with the amount of effort.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • SquawkTheMajestic
    SquawkTheMajestic
    ✭✭✭

Um, if you want to make it 100x worse, tell a bunch of pvpers that they can disrupt an RP gamer's little fantasy and then we get to kill them after they attack us. It'd be even more hilarious.

RPers and pvpers are not exactly a crowd that intersects much.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um, if you want to make it 100x worse, tell a bunch of pvpers that they can disrupt an RP gamer's little fantasy and then we get to kill them after they attack us. It'd be even more hilarious.

RPers and pvpers are not exactly a crowd that intersects much.

I know several roleplayers who also pvp.

And what is your issue with roleplayers anyway? You sure seem to have one.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on September 30, 2019 1:53PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iphin wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I attended this event and it was outrageous that nothing could be done to deter the harassment that these two individuals unleashed on players just minding our own business and roleplaying.

I'm aware of about a dozen people who filed a report against these two players, but the fact that it went on for literally hours is just beyond belief.

Its pretty insane that the company will boast of millions of accounts etc. Play up their activity within the game but wont invest in the obvious need for active GMs to police such numbers. A reporting system can only go so far and can not take into account situations as this where the behavior really cant be avoided without completely logging out of the game since there is no where else for such a large number of players to congregate.

Hell it should never come down to the victim of harrassment and bullying to ever have to avoid anything. It should be policed. Full stop.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The funny part is how long this has been going on. I think the CE apocalypse happened 2-3yrs ago, maybe more.
    Since they did very little about it back then, when people used it so blatantly, what do you think they'll do about it now, some years later?
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    The funny part is how long this has been going on. I think the CE apocalypse happened 2-3yrs ago, maybe more.
    Since they did very little about it back then, when people used it so blatantly, what do you think they'll do about it now, some years later?

Same thing they did 4 years ago. Ban those who did it. Make a public announcement about it so people feel relieved and can point at ZOS "doing something" and surely they will "fix it this time". Players will shut up about it and assume that it was quietly patched. But there is likely nothing ZOS can really do about it without blatant evidence of it. So the majority that may be using the CE regularly but quietly will continue on. Just on a occassion we get these clowns that assume because they havent been caught yet they can blatantly cheat and nothing will come of it.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I saw the same thing in Alinor the other day; three players were standing high in the air outside the crafting station, throwing warden's icy escape on the ground, so that whoever synergized it would port to them and then inevitably fall down to their death. Funny, but kinda mean for the repair costs, and definitely an exploit.
    Mind you its an bug related to this.
    wBzDV5Th.jpg
    I don't think she is using some exploit. Guess she don't see anything wrong at all or she would try all sort of weird stuff to see if they worked.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    how the hell one flying dude can ruin your fancy party? Jesus Christ...

Because it wasn't one flying dude.

It was a flying dude literally using a massive AOE nonstop that had swirling lights, a huge blue orb, white sparkles that light everything up, and a nice little screenshake at the end. And there was quite literally no downtime. This AOE was used over, and over, and over, and over, and over. To top it off, he had a friend working with him walking along on the ground dropping the same AOE too.

It made me feel literally nauseated and gave me a migraine, because I'm sensitive to bright flashing lights. It bothered a lot of other people too.

It was impossible to ignore, because even with pChat that lets you make the chat window full screen, I could see the nonstop sparkles on the edges. And you couldn't really get away from it, because he spammed it wherever the most people were, which meant it moved.

It's just a little shocking that two people can disrupt 50 people by spamming abilities nonstop. I wish there was a way to disable particle effects, I really do. I turned mine all down to minimum and it did nothing.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
    Options
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another problem with getting anything done is that ZOS support tends to ignore reports filed using the in-game reporting feature. If you file your reports (bugs, reporting players, and anything else) through the portal at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ you have a much better--though certainly not guaranteed--chance of your report being noticed. I don't think I've ever had action taken on reports I've filed in-game, but when I file them through the website I tend to get quick responses. The first time I had a problem, I filed an in-game bug report on something happening to my inventory items. No response for over half a month. I filed a ticket through the website and had a customer support response within the next day, and my issue resolved within a day after that. It's always worked like that for me.

Now I'm irritated over two things:

First, jerks being jerks who can't mind their own business and want to harsh other people's fun.

Second, that I had no clue this RP event was going on. XD I'm too shy to actively speak up in RP, but I love to watch RP events and add to the atmosphere where welcomed by joining in activities like dancing or /cheering duels or whatever. :) One of my favorite things is when I'm out questing in the middle of nowhere in a low-population area, and I run across a group of obvious roleplayers.

Thank you for the suggestion! I think I'll file a follow up report through the website complete with the screenshots I took with account names. I'll try that in the future if I ever need to report some ongoing harassment too.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if the guy throwing a tantrum in another thread was to be believed, at least one of the individuals responsible for this has been banned.
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully zos takes action
    Options
  • 0utLaw
    0utLaw
    ✭✭✭
    Is that a bird??? 🧐
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if the guy throwing a tantrum in another thread was to be believed, at least one of the individuals responsible for this has been banned.

A now non-existent thread. It was nothing but a trolling thread and got shut down
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even at my most juvenile (and immature stuff like this I would do), I wouldn’t have kept up the act for more than a few minutes. It’s not funny after that and just becomes malicious.
    Edited by wild_kmacdb16_ESO on September 30, 2019 6:36PM
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A now non-existent thread. It was nothing but a trolling thread and got shut down

The thread probably exists on some moderator trash bin board. But, yeah, I agree with you that it was set up for trolling. At the same time, the discord screed makes me suspect the whole, "he was banned," thing carries weight.
    Options
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a crown store perk.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a crown store perk.

only 1,500$
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fake. If it was real zos would have charged 5k for it
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Drats. I missed that. I need something to make this Monday worth getting out of bed for.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • BloodSkull_ESO
    BloodSkull_ESO
    ✭✭✭

The thread probably exists on some moderator trash bin board. But, yeah, I agree with you that it was set up for trolling. At the same time, the discord screed makes me suspect the whole, "he was banned," thing carries weight.

i don't trust anyone who posts a picture from some discord because its 99% a pile of horse ***
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Mind you its an bug related to this.
    wBzDV5Th.jpg
    I don't think she is using some exploit. Guess she don't see anything wrong at all or she would try all sort of weird stuff to see if they worked.

That could be another case, but for the ones in Alinor, they were standing a lot higher, and it was obvious they were doing it on purpose, to prank those on their way to hand in the writs. They were only casting the teleport skill when someone passed by, and the height was sufficient enough for fall damage, plus it was a few players, so I doubt they all got the bug at the same time and same area and height.
    Options