Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 15

Flying cheats disrupting community events--is there no recourse?

• Amanuensis
    Amanuensis
    ✭✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    Ahhhh the snowflakes are upset. 😢

How cute! You're role-playing an internet tough guy! I think it's so awesome that there is a respite for you from the tyranny of your mundane existence and the banality of your personal life. Let me be the first to commend you for being proactive in taking the steps to ensure that you don't end up as a sad statistic. Bravo!

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear organizers of RP events,

May I modestly suggest checking out Hammerdeath Arena? It was built when dueling came out, but no one uses it. It's not close to a city, so people are unlikely to come across you randomly. There aren't any quests there but there are a few NPCs.

You shouldn't have to pick forgotten spots, but if you do want to get away and the scenery works, it might be a good fit.
    Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a couple flying-type game modes that could be exploited I've seen: The Coldharbour main quest when King Dy tells you can jump and join your friends (jump with bubble protection) and the dungeons where you get carried up in a bubble and lowered back down. There's probably more.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK so it's been a few days.
    Any word on whether the report has had any effect?
    Options
  • PKMINDBULLETS
    PKMINDBULLETS
    Soul Shriven
    I can say, while this thread is unlocked, that I'm genuinely sorry this event was ruined.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread is 7 months old - just do not bring old threads up again - it will just lead to no good.
    Options
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

I'm not the one that bumped this thread, but since it's here..

I don't know the fate of flying-guy, but ground particle effects troll guy is still 'alive and well'. He makes it a habit to go to RP events, where he spends literal HOURS spamming AOEs that make the screen shake, put people in combat, fill the ENTIRE SCREEN with particle effects, etc.

It's really unfortunate that one single person can effectively ruin the fun of 20-40 people having a peaceful event in a tavern. In the incident in the SS below, at least 15 people said they reported him. I filed reports both in game and through the support tickets on the site. And nothing ever happened. He stayed there for hours. I left far earlier than I wanted to, since the lights were literally making me feel nauseous and giving me a migraine.

In no way is it okay for one player to disrupt the fun for other players. Reporting harassment is not "snitching".

I wish ESO cared more about its community and took repeated reports about intentional griefing seriously.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 11, 2020 8:24PM
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG, don't tell me the GTAV trolls I know so well have infiltrated the serene lands of Tamriel? Sucks big time. Don't know how you can easily report these players in ESO but at least there is a great reporting system (that works) in GTAV.

The only drawback to the GTAV system like that is you get a group of asses that vote people out of lobbies just because they want it "private".
    PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker it's been long enough that this incident has been reported. Can we at least get some confirmation as to whether it was investigated?
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip]

I'm not the one that bumped this thread, but since it's here..

I don't know the fate of flying-guy, but ground particle effects troll guy is still 'alive and well'. He makes it a habit to go to RP events, where he spends literal HOURS spamming AOEs that make the screen shake, put people in combat, fill the ENTIRE SCREEN with particle effects, etc.

It's really unfortunate that one single person can effectively ruin the fun of 20-40 people having a peaceful event in a tavern. In the incident in the SS below, at least 15 people said they reported him. I filed reports both in game and through the support tickets on the site. And nothing ever happened. He stayed there for hours. I left far earlier than I wanted to, since the lights were literally making me feel nauseous and giving me a migraine.

In no way is it okay for one player to disrupt the fun for other players. Reporting harassment is not "snitching".

I wish ESO cared more about its community and took repeated reports about intentional griefing seriously.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

This can be easily fixed by removing the player's ability to perform momentos & ground AOE abilities inside banks or near bankers and in other important sites(like Inns etc.)...
    Problem solved :)
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 11, 2020 8:25PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hello! We've edited and removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting and bashing.

It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uhhh so still trying to understand why people take such issues with RPers? Just let them do their thang, they're just having fun like the rest of us.
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uhhh so still trying to understand why people take such issues with RPers? Just let them do their thang, they're just having fun like the rest of us.

It's a symptom of the game being populated by too many uncivil people. RP'ers are just a group that can be targeted and bullied, and in a PvE zone there is basically nothing you can do to stop them. Same with the mudballing-for-hours issue. You can only call for a non-existent GM.

ZOS needs to hire some actual GMs and monitor the community like a kiddie game because even though people are supposed to be adults, they aren't acting like it. More permabans would probably result in a lot less griefing as well as botting and exploiting.

Maybe ZOS should halve the forum moderation crew and put the other half to work in-game.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on April 11, 2020 8:47PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

It's a symptom of the game being populated by too many uncivil people. RP'ers are just a group that can be targeted and bullied, and in a PvE zone there is basically nothing you can do to stop them. Same with the mudballing-for-hours issue. You can only call for a non-existent GM.

ZOS needs to hire some actual GMs and monitor the community like a kiddie game because even though people are supposed to be adults, they aren't acting like it. More permabans would probably result in a lot less griefing as well as botting and exploiting.

I won't disagree that being a little more public about suspensions and bans would be a deterrent. Right now, the perception is that ZOS sits back and does nothing, so the risk is perceived to be equally as low. Who knows, maybe ZOS is just so overwhelmed that they can't even try to keep up.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options