Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 15

Flying cheats disrupting community events--is there no recourse?

• mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a flying dude literally using a massive AOE nonstop that had swirling lights, a huge blue orb, white sparkles that light everything up, and a nice little screenshake at the end.
    casting heavy visual AoE spells like Ext Ritual or Time Stop is not a cheat. You can't forbid players to use them. Next time just find quiet place for your party, like guild hole hall or any other house.
    Options
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if the guy throwing a tantrum in another thread was to be believed, at least one of the individuals responsible for this has been banned.

Interesting! Did they reference this thread/incident or was it just about being banned for flying cheats in general?
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    It was a flying dude literally using a massive AOE nonstop that had swirling lights, a huge blue orb, white sparkles that light everything up, and a nice little screenshake at the end.
    casting heavy visual AoE spells like Ext Ritual or Time Stop is not a cheat. You can't forbid players to use them. Next time just find quiet place for your party, like guild hole hall or any other house.

And another person misses the point. The event had more people than would fit in a house, and CONTINUALLY spamming for hours just to harass others is against TOS. Any form of harassment is.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad that you have to deal with people like this in game, especially for the entire 3 hours. I hope karma *** slaps both of them.
    Options
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if the guy throwing a tantrum in another thread was to be believed, at least one of the individuals responsible for this has been banned.

Interesting! Did they reference this thread/incident or was it just about being banned for flying cheats in general?

There were clear references to this incident/thread.
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on September 30, 2019 7:53PM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
    Options
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, and you're also allowed to speak to other players in the game, unless you start harassing them.

Context matters.

Also, I'd LOVE to host all my events in private houses, but ZOS won't give us a player cap greater than 24. I've been at the forefront lobbying for an increased player cap and they won't. Even though other games with housing allow 50-200 players. Not my fault!

There were clear references to this incident/thread.

Awesome! I hope it was real then LOL
    Edited by bellatrixed on September 30, 2019 7:55PM
    Options
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember /flute event in Craglorn when 20 or so players "fluting" for ears bleeding lol and everyone spaming spells and Orbs (*sigh*), transform into werewolfs and other crazy mementos and everyone was happy )

Still, nothing you can do about it. Locate your events in quiet places.
    Options
  • BloodSkull_ESO
    BloodSkull_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    the best part is it took the first hour for them to even look up, they were PM'ing people on the ground trying to figure out where the *** the bubbles were coming from then after a hour of that sht one looked up and its a *** goblin yelling "OOGA BOOGA"
    Edited by BloodSkull_ESO on September 30, 2019 8:09PM
    Options
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the best part is it took the first hour for them to even look up, they were PM'ing people on the ground trying to figure out where the *** the bubbles were coming from then after a hour of that sht one looked up and its a *** goblin yelling "OOGA BOOGA"

Sounds like you were there! Did you attend as a RPer or as the goblin? ;)
    Options
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And another person misses the point. The event had more people than would fit in a house, and CONTINUALLY spamming for hours just to harass others is against TOS. Any form of harassment is.

That's the risk that comes with having events in public places. Deal with it.
    Options
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »

We do. By reporting harassing trolls, because it's against the TOS to attempt to ruin the experience of other players, no matter if it's a RP event, a raid, a battleground, or someone harassing people in general chat. Not really hard to comprehend.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Think they'd side with the 50 people that were there over the 2 that were acting like babies
    Options
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We do. By reporting harassing trolls, because it's against the TOS to attempt to ruin the experience of other players, no matter if it's a RP event, a raid, a battleground, or someone harassing people in general chat. Not really hard to comprehend.

Then no reason to make a thread like this and scream HACKER over and over. Before housing was a thing dueling tournaments were held in public places/cyrodiil. You think they came to the forums whenever someone came around trolling? No, they dealt with it on their own.
    Options
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then no reason to make a thread like this and scream HACKER over and over. Before housing was a thing dueling tournaments were held in public places/cyrodiil. You think they came to the forums whenever someone came around trolling? No, they dealt with it on their own.

It's also a lot easier to ignore trolls during a PVP duel than a RP event where people are writing paragraphs and the screen won't stop sparkling and shaking for everyone for 3 hours.

I made the thread asking if there's a way to get a faster ticket response or to get in touch with GMs, since in other games I've played, you could get a GM on site to deal with harassment as it was unfolding. I'm very sad to learn ESO doesn't have them. So, the thread served its purpose, albeit with a disappointing result. Though the tip to report using the website instead of in game is a good one I'll employ next time.
    Options
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigger house capacity solves this completely and does not require GMs to be staffed. Seems like an easy solution to me.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
    Options
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Bigger house capacity solves this completely and does not require GMs to be staffed. Seems like an easy solution to me.

Agreed :(

50 would be a good cap... 24 is just not enough.
    Options
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the suggestion! I think I'll file a follow up report through the website complete with the screenshots I took with account names. I'll try that in the future if I ever need to report some ongoing harassment too.

I hope it helps! You mentioned something I didn't think to in my post, too, which is that you can include MUCH more information with website reports than through the in-game tool. You only get a handful of typing characters for the in-game reporting tool and you can't include an assortment of attachments like incriminating screenshots or video links. By the time you finish naming and shaming and try to move on to explaining what wrong thing was done, you're already out of characters. In contrast, on the website, you can basically write a full-on letter and toss in a ton of links to proof as well. Having to go to the site and log in is an annoying extra step, but ZOS doesn't seem too eager to make asking for help easy.

By the way, make sure you keep checking daily on your ticket on the website. You may or may not get a follow-up email from support that's a copy of their reply to you on your website ticket (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't). Support generally requires you to reply within a certain amount of time, to confirm you still want them to take action, before they will actively follow up on your ticket. If they don't hear back from you, they'll consider the matter closed and do nothing.
    —PC/NA, never Steam—
    Getting lost in TESO Tamriel and beyond since Beta 2013!
    Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I'm feeling pity, disappointment, anger or something else over the fact that roleplayers feel like and kinda need to roleplay inside instanced houses, to not be the target for trolling and harassment.

This is a MMORPG we are playing afterall. A mmorpg that is based on a game serie of singleplayer roleplaying games.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not a cheat. It's the new class for next year's chapter. You know, gotta sell them chapters 🤷‍♂️
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to voice my support of civilized, well-mannered individuals everywhere who just want to go about their business in peace. And voice my frustration at the lack of any in-game GMs. This oversight causes not just problems like this sad tale, but many others as well. There's simply no excuse for the lack of in-game GMs with the profit margins this game likely has.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    Ahhhh the snowflakes are upset. 😢

I know right? Makes you wonder what kind of sensitive and attention craving little snowflakes they are if they can't stand a bunch of people having a pleasant time together without giving them and their awesome skills at exploiting and spamming spells any attention. ;)
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on September 30, 2019 9:15PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gotta be pretty bored to waste 3 hours casting bubbles.
    PvP needs more love.
    Options
  • BloodSkull_ESO
    BloodSkull_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like you were there! Did you attend as a RPer or as the goblin? ;)

was actually doing a quest there and was watching the fun
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »

I guess it's an infantile attention-seeking attempt, like when kids do the same annoying thing over and over again to get their parents' attention.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »

He was probably waiting for Master Merchant to finish downloading the last 24 hours of guild sales data. Hardly enough time, but it is a start.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Lordstannis0620
    Whether some people care to admit it... if you are playing a game and feel like you are doing anything but sitting in front of a computer monitor... you are roleplaying.
    All hail His Grace, Stannis of House Baratheon, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm."

PC NA
    Ebonheart Pact

Options
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What! It can't be, I have been regularly assured on these forums by people who could not possibly be cheating (because they are of general rank in PVP or a certified badass in PVE and certainly would have been caught and punished by now) that there are no cheats in ESO and you all just need to L2P. Maybe you are just not going a good enough job animation canceling your jumps, maintaining your DOT timers, or your build is not jump optimized.

ESO is like Nascar or the Tour de France , if you ain't cheating you ain't trying. Anybody who says different is either colossally ignorant, or cheating and nobody who does vCR+3 or has achieved general rank is ignorant.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    What! It can't be, I have been regularly assured on these forums by people who could not possibly be cheating (because they are of general rank in PVP or a certified badass in PVE and certainly would have been caught and punished by now) that there are no cheats in ESO and you all just need to L2P. Maybe you are just not going a good enough job animation canceling your jumps, maintaining your DOT timers, or your build is not jump optimized.

ESO is like Nascar or the Tour de France , if you ain't cheating you ain't trying. Anybody who says different is either colossally ignorant, or cheating and nobody who does vCR+3 or has achieved general rank is ignorant.

So, not only you admit to cheat, you think it's ok and, on top of that, mandatory? O.o

And then you proceed to deny your own failure because if you can't do some content, those that can are certainly cheating?

Did I get it right? I think I got it right.

Damn, son... Talk about being dense...
    Options
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    That is not cool, I am sorry your event got ruined. It is really annoying what they did to you. And yes I agree that there should be something in place that for example after 4 complaints someone gets a temporary block until they have looked into it.

flufferthefluff how is it possible that he/she is in the air like that? Does that not break the game or something?

I don't think an automatic ban based on number of reports would be a good idea. It would be far too easy for someone to get everyone in their guild to report someone, just to get them a fake ban. Sure it would be reversed eventually, but it could still be used to do things like sabotage an enemy team in Cyrodiil (or Battlegrounds) or simply troll other players by getting them unfairly banned until ZOS get around to investigating.

Don't forget that there is players with several accounts that would be able to greif other players, if there was something as low as 4 accounts that could start an auto-ban.

//RexyCat
    Options
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should have started off with "someone is hacking the crown store", then you would have gotten a fast response by them.
    Options