Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Flying cheats disrupting community events--is there no recourse?

• x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with this kind of stuff is your forced to endure it because there are literally ZERO GMs in this game. Yes, you can report them and they might actually get banned eventually , but that is a slow process that takes days or weeks. There are other games have actual GMs available to handle this kind of stuff so you don't have to put up with non stop harrassment but sadly, no such people exist in ESO. Maybe they did when it first came out but that was a long time ago. No one I know has ever saw an actual GM in game. Kind of sad with the amount of money they make. Heck , they could at least solicit volunteers for the position.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m thinking they got onto an invisible ledge somehow. The only probably explanation I can think of so far. Still no excuse for their crappy behavior though.
    This makes some sense, remember finding an invinsible ledge above an waterfall in Skyrim, I was farming roe from jumping fish in the waterfall and probably jumped on the back of an fish so got so high I found an ledge.

And yes idiots like this is hard to avoid. Remember we hand an wedding in an guild and we had one, obviously in the bath towel throwing aoe all the time.
    On the other hand most other joined in.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    After the cheat engine fiasco of 2016, many of the variables that were stored in our clients were moved to the server. This led to significantly more lag, but with the benefit of knowing that people can’t hack their ult gen, stats, stat regen, armor, etc.

Unfortunately there’s no easy way to make your character’s position be a server-side variable as well. If that were the case, your client would rubber band all over the place every time the server hiccupped (imagine movement being as unresponsive as using skills in cyrodil during primetime)

While cheat engine became largely useless after the changes in 2016, movement/positioning hacks are still very much a possibility. Just report whoever you find doing it. There are server-side processes in place to catch them (in-game speed limit being the most obvious of them)

This has pretty serious implications that are not immediately obvious. Flying thorugh air and moving really fast is the first thing that comes to mind, and those are easy to detect.

But what about, for example, landing a wrecking blow? It is notoriously hard to land, because you need the target in melee range and in front of you to start casting, and then keep there during the whole cast. Countering wrecking blow spam traditionally means stepping through the attacker making the cast fail. Now, if the attacker's client controls the position, it would be possible to hack it in such a way as to always report to the server "i am positioned correctly for the wrecking blow to land", regardless of whether this is actually true. Result would be hackers unerringly spamming wrecking blows from 10m range, or while you are behind their backs. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
    Options
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lo and behold!
    It's the Second Coming of General Zazeer!
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
    Options
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all those who say there are no cheaters in ESO :D

It will be probably closed and deleted soon, so I'll make a screenshot.

at least it can be talked about here to some extent... on the battlefield forums you're not even allowed to talk about them. The threads just get locked immediately.

Cant talk about bad moderation actions and cant talk about cheaters 2 of the worst things to deny a gaming forum lol
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    While cheat engine became largely useless after the changes in 2016

No it didn't. I still works as of the latest patch. CE has always quickly adopted and probably will continue to do so.

As for GMs, i haven't seen any GM in-game in many years (literally) ...
    dry.gif

You didn’t read my whole post.
    Sharee wrote: »
    After the cheat engine fiasco of 2016, many of the variables that were stored in our clients were moved to the server. This led to significantly more lag, but with the benefit of knowing that people can’t hack their ult gen, stats, stat regen, armor, etc.

Unfortunately there’s no easy way to make your character’s position be a server-side variable as well. If that were the case, your client would rubber band all over the place every time the server hiccupped (imagine movement being as unresponsive as using skills in cyrodil during primetime)

While cheat engine became largely useless after the changes in 2016, movement/positioning hacks are still very much a possibility. Just report whoever you find doing it. There are server-side processes in place to catch them (in-game speed limit being the most obvious of them)

This has pretty serious implications that are not immediately obvious. Flying thorugh air and moving really fast is the first thing that comes to mind, and those are easy to detect.

But what about, for example, landing a wrecking blow? It is notoriously hard to land, because you need the target in melee range and in front of you to start casting, and then keep there during the whole cast. Countering wrecking blow spam traditionally means stepping through the attacker making the cast fail. Now, if the attacker's client controls the position, it would be possible to hack it in such a way as to always report to the server "i am positioned correctly for the wrecking blow to land", regardless of whether this is actually true. Result would be hackers unerringly spamming wrecking blows from 10m range, or while you are behind their backs. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

That’s one example of it really helping a lot (los and range checks are functions of that as well.)

Probably the biggest example of manipulating your location via cheat engine to gain a huge advantage is to put your character’s “hit box” slightly below the map, so that you aren’t targetable by your opponents, and then use cheat engine to target them. It would be invulnerability.

The flying around thing isn’t even that strong because if they fly too fast, the server will detect it and boot them with a temporary suspension until a dev or GM reviews it (this happens to magdens vining onto fast moving targets from time to time).

The main takeaway from my post is that cheat engine only works on certain things (location) and while that can be extremely effective for gaining invulnerability / killing people out of range / etc... if you’re fighting someone and you can target them and do dmg to them and they’re next to you, then there’s no cheat engine hack they can use to boost their stats or cheat you. Stats, dmg, regen, ult, etc.. they’re all handled by the server and aren’t able to be manipulated by a client injecting memory code in.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »
    Lo and behold!
    It's the Second Coming of General Zazeer!

Ugh
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it didn't. I still works as of the latest patch. CE has always quickly adopted and probably will continue to do so.

dry.gif

We used to hear the same before 'zazeergate' when the extent to which memory hacking in ESO was exposed in 2016. Before then, certain players would claim it was impossible or limited to movement cheats. Many of those players were banned.

ZOS has not claimed to have changed the aspects of the game that were vulnerable to memory hacking, so I don't know why anyone would push the narrative that it's now impossible. Only a ZOS engineer can make that statement.

I imagine if ZOS did put forth the effort to significantly reengineer their game to eliminate a range of cheats, they would promote that fact. Most likely they have added some basic sanity checks and a layer of obfuscation that they change as players discover ways around them. One must understand that the game has a trusted client for a reason and it would be immediately apparent to all players if they changed the underlying engineering.

The reason we don't see these cheats promoted more often is because ESO isn't popular among competitive-minded gamers. For proof, consider the lack of for-profit ESP tools when ESO is obviously vulnerable to a range of ESP cheats as almost every online game is. The skilled for-profit hackers/crackers who find vulnerabilities go where the money is. If ESO PVP was really popular, stealth and invis as they currently exist would be useless against ESP cheats because your client knows where stealthed and invis players are, even if you can't see them.

This game badly need a mitigation tool like EAC. It's negligent to have a trusted client in a mainstream game without them. No cheat mitigations are perfect -- which is why different kinds of cheating is a problem in every popular game -- but they do help, especially in games in which players lose significant progress when banned. But then there's the account black market.......
    Edited by zyk on September 29, 2019 9:38PM
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

dry.gif

We used to hear the same before 'zazeergate' when the extent to which memory hacking in ESO was exposed in 2016. Before then, certain players would claim it was impossible or limited to movement cheats. Many of those players were banned.

ZOS has not claimed to have changed the aspects of the game that were vulnerable to memory hacking, so I don't know why anyone would push the narrative that it's now impossible. Only a ZOS engineer can make that statement.

I imagine if ZOS did put forth the effort to significantly reengineer their game to eliminate a range of cheats, they would promote that fact. Most likely they have added some basic sanity checks and a layer of obfuscation that they change as players discover ways around them. One must understand that the game has a trusted client for a reason and it would be immediately apparent to all players if they changed the underlying engineering.

The reason we don't see these cheats promoted more often is because ESO isn't popular among competitive-minded gamers. For proof, consider the lack of for-profit ESP tools when ESO is obviously vulnerable to a range of ESP cheats as almost every online game is. The skilled for-profit hackers/crackers who find vulnerabilities go where the money is. If ESO PVP was really popular, stealth and invis as they currently exist would be useless against ESP cheats because your client knows where stealthed and invis players are, even if you can't see them.

This game badly need a mitigation tool like EAC. It's negligent to have a trusted client in a mainstream game without them.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Your client does not know where stealth / invisible enemies are. That’s one of the major causes of HP desyncs.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight there was a roleplay event hosted in Anvil. 50+ people showed up just to socialize and have fun, and instead got trolled for over two hours by people literally flying in the sky, relentlessly spamming massive AOEs on the group for literally 2 1/2 hours. Many, many people reported them, sometimes more than once, but they stayed for hours.

I'm really disappointed that there isn't a faster GM response for stuff like this. Keep in mind, I have a very high capacity for trolling. I can look the other way if someone's throwing mudballs and being an idiot, but these people were FLYING IN THE SKY and creating nonstop AOEs, so frequently and for so long that I have little doubt they were using macros as well.

No names here, so not a name and shame, but I just wanted to know if there was anything that could be done in situations like this for the future rather than filing reports that don't seem to do anything.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Yeah the cheating on this game, including macro use - is starting to get out of hand. They need to crack down on it. If they keep neglecting it it's going to wind up as a disaster.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 29, 2019 9:41PM
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Your client does not know where stealth / invisible enemies are. That’s one of the major causes of HP desyncs.

Right back at you. Are you a ZOS engineer? How can you authoritatively state they have solved memory hacking when they don't make that claim themselves?

If you can hear stealth and invis players, your client knows where they are. Regardless, my point stands. We don't see for-pofit cheating in ESO publicized because there is no profit to be made, not because it's impossible.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this thread looks like a setup to be honest :D I mean what's real chances somebody randomly will come to Anvil to troll random RP meeting. More then that why that person will share there screenshot made from above to their victims.

I'm pretty sure that "screenshot made from above" is just a third-person view from one of the players on the ground at the RP meeting. If you look at how high above the ground that troll was flying, the "screenshot made from above" is from a point that's much closer to the ground than that flying troll was.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    All this thread looks like a setup to be honest :D I mean what's real chances somebody randomly will come to Anvil to troll random RP meeting. More then that why that person will share there screenshot made from above to their victims.

I'm pretty sure that "screenshot made from above" is just a third-person view from one of the players on the ground at the RP meeting. If you look at how high above the ground that troll was flying, the "screenshot made from above" is from a point that's much closer to the ground than that flying troll was.

It is, lol. Both screenshots were taken by me. I circled my character. Here's some more proof of the "fun".

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dry.gif

You didn’t read my whole post.
    Sharee wrote: »

That’s one example of it really helping a lot (los and range checks are functions of that as well.)

Probably the biggest example of manipulating your location via cheat engine to gain a huge advantage is to put your character’s “hit box” slightly below the map, so that you aren’t targetable by your opponents, and then use cheat engine to target them. It would be invulnerability.

The flying around thing isn’t even that strong because if they fly too fast, the server will detect it and boot them with a temporary suspension until a dev or GM reviews it (this happens to magdens vining onto fast moving targets from time to time).

The main takeaway from my post is that cheat engine only works on certain things (location) and while that can be extremely effective for gaining invulnerability / killing people out of range / etc... if you’re fighting someone and you can target them and do dmg to them and they’re next to you, then there’s no cheat engine hack they can use to boost their stats or cheat you. Stats, dmg, regen, ult, etc.. they’re all handled by the server and aren’t able to be manipulated by a client injecting memory code in.

@Thogard I’ve seen you make this same claim in multiple cheat-related threads. I have two questions:

1) How did you come by this knowledge

2) Why do you feel the need to make this claim so often?
    Options
  • xeha_arwen11
    xeha_arwen11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight there was a roleplay event hosted in Anvil. 50+ people showed up just to socialize and have fun, and instead got trolled for over two hours by people literally flying in the sky, relentlessly spamming massive AOEs on the group for literally 2 1/2 hours. Many, many people reported them, sometimes more than once, but they stayed for hours.

I'm really disappointed that there isn't a faster GM response for stuff like this. Keep in mind, I have a very high capacity for trolling. I can look the other way if someone's throwing mudballs and being an idiot, but these people were FLYING IN THE SKY and creating nonstop AOEs, so frequently and for so long that I have little doubt they were using macros as well.

No names here, so not a name and shame, but I just wanted to know if there was anything that could be done in situations like this for the future rather than filing reports that don't seem to do anything.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Like I said in that really long post I wrote about toxicity, this is commonplace. Nothing is done about it. People are free to harass others as much as they want. I was told a little while ago that a guy was making fun of a nine-year-old's mental illness and the guy was telling the child to kill themselves. The older brother told me this. Another person said that the guy who was harassing the kid had done other terrible things in the past. He had been reported multiple times. Nothing was done.

More game masters or something needs to be done. This game is drowning in toxicity and cheaters.
    As for flying in the air, it's just another cheater. It's interesting because I've never seen cheating so vehemently denied by so many people in my life. This game has a ton of cheaters in it. I don't know about xbox because I've never been on that platform, but I have seen a huge amount of cheaters on PC and on PS4, my current platform. Bots are everywhere. Constantly. Underhanded deals, boosting, threats, flying, no damage, multiple mundus stone boons, speed hacking, packet hacking, proxies, lag switching, and on and on and on.

The market is ruined by botters who get to do whatever they want and sit on their billions, selling temps for 1k each so that legitimate farmers work hard and make NO gold.

Most cheaters just do whatever they want. Some get 3 day bans and then get to come back. Very rarely some will get a perma ban, get a new account, and do everything all over again. PvP is a joke. Especially the macros and truncation of skill cooldowns. Timing certain delayed abilities properly so they hit in one burst is not cheating. Killing someone in a literal half-second with skills that take 5 seconds to pull off and cast times, etc, is cheating. Not lag. Lag is a problem and causes deaths, but not in that manner. Real time has to pass for it to be lag.

But there are as many cheaters and methods of cheating on PS4 and PC as there are stars in the sky. I've had a lot of people tell me they quit because it wasn't fun to fight against cheaters or have the game ruined via market bottoming out etc. I've even seen people say they couldn't take the cheating anymore and they were so sick of it that they were looking for cheats to use themselves. Awful.

I play this game legitimately and according to the TOS, as do many others. It's important to me because the game loses integrity and meaning when it's eaten alive by cheaters.

Get rid of the bots, ZOS. Get rid of the cheaters, ZOS. Get rid of the harassers, ZOS. They are destroying this game.

Options
  • Coggo
    Coggo
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a hardcore PVPer who could be described as PVE adverse. That said, I can't think of anything sadder for this game than for RPers to be driven into private instances or the privacy of their own homes.

I love it when I need to venture out of Cyrodil and encounter RP events. Stuff like Sleeps on Bridges or naked Nord races give the game so much flavour. These guys and guilds should be cherished nurtured and most of all encouraged.

If this was PVP we'd put a bounty on those weak souled trolls for y'all and fly their scalps proudly on our banners.
    Options
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

I'm afraid you missed some important information. This game doesn't actually have game masters as such. It has a system with automated response and half of the reports are not taken seriously. I'm not even sure if they read those reports on the weekend unless it's money related.

But here is a neat little trick for you to avoid those idiots. ESO has a system called "phasing". What it does is basically create different universes of the game. Imagine it as a parallel universe. The idea is to limit the amount of players in an area to avoid to much client sided laggs.
    So what you do is un-group, teleport in a different zone and wait a minute. Then teleport back. Some people will be in the same phase, others will not be. If you found a phase without those dudes make a group and everybody who joins the group will be prompted and asked if he wants to join your phase. The chances that the idiot will follow you trough the phases is extremely small, altho there will only be more then 1, if there actually is a lot of players around.
    So that's how you can help yourself next time.

As for the idiot. I've reported many, many players - primarily cheaters in cyrodiil that were using macros but you only have a very slim chance I'm sorry to tell you. Cheating is widely spread and I think the people that analyze the videos are simply not skilled enough to tell the difference compared to people that have been playing for years.
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny you mention this specifically, because while the client side lua API does not expose that information, location data from nearby stealthed (sp?) players is indeed sent to your client and is available in memory.
    shades.gif

Options
  • SquawkTheMajestic
    SquawkTheMajestic
    ✭✭✭
    It's allowed in basically any online game. Is it frowned upon? Sure. But if I see a bunch of weirdos trying to role play in the middle. Of a zone I'm dropping a storm atronach on them and jumping around spamming spells if I feel goofy. It'll make me laugh. I'm here for entertainment, not to appreciate your self appointed right to role play undisturbed in the middle of a zone.

I'm just curious. I've never actually gotten to speak to a real life RP troll before. Why does it make you laugh?

Like, I'm asking because it literally just makes me sigh and roll my eyes and ignore it. I don't engage, I don't react, it barely even gets referenced among the people RPing. So, what's funny about it? What do you get out of it? It's just so alien to me to try to spoil people's fun for the lulz, when it has no bearing on anything.

But anyway, what you described isn't at all what the guys at the event were doing. There's a big difference between jumping around being a jerk and investing hours of time into cheat programs and macros to troll.

While there might be a big difference, the people throwing hate in these replies are just as mad about literally ANYONE wanting to diminish their role play experience.

Hackers should be punished. I don't care if they used their hacking skills for bad purposes (ruining your little RP scenario) or good ones (helping random newbies level fast). So the hacking is a standalone issue.

And I'm by no means a guy who goes out looking for ways to destroy the fun of others. Lucky for me, those situations are everywhere so I don't really have to go out of my way to find a few giggles. RPers in a video game seem weird to me. Running around as a sword and shield-wielding hero is all fun, but when you want to stand around in robes and practice some weird made-up ritual in plain sight of a bunch of guys who just wanna shoot arrows at dragons, well, we think it's weird. And when I think someone is being too serious in a video game, I knock em down a few pegs by acting like a total moron. It gets a laugh out of me every time, without fail. And most of my friends. It's never funny when it happens to you, but it's really funny to the rest of us.
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello there,

Recently we've had to remove several posts for baiting and flaming, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • tahol10069
    tahol10069
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's allowed in basically any online game. Is it frowned upon? Sure. But if I see a bunch of weirdos trying to role play in the middle. Of a zone I'm dropping a storm atronach on them and jumping around spamming spells if I feel goofy. It'll make me laugh. I'm here for entertainment, not to appreciate your self appointed right to role play undisturbed in the middle of a zone.

I'm just curious. I've never actually gotten to speak to a real life RP troll before. Why does it make you laugh?

Like, I'm asking because it literally just makes me sigh and roll my eyes and ignore it. I don't engage, I don't react, it barely even gets referenced among the people RPing. So, what's funny about it? What do you get out of it? It's just so alien to me to try to spoil people's fun for the lulz, when it has no bearing on anything.

But anyway, what you described isn't at all what the guys at the event were doing. There's a big difference between jumping around being a jerk and investing hours of time into cheat programs and macros to troll.

While there might be a big difference, the people throwing hate in these replies are just as mad about literally ANYONE wanting to diminish their role play experience.

Hackers should be punished. I don't care if they used their hacking skills for bad purposes (ruining your little RP scenario) or good ones (helping random newbies level fast). So the hacking is a standalone issue.

And I'm by no means a guy who goes out looking for ways to destroy the fun of others. Lucky for me, those situations are everywhere so I don't really have to go out of my way to find a few giggles. RPers in a video game seem weird to me. Running around as a sword and shield-wielding hero is all fun, but when you want to stand around in robes and practice some weird made-up ritual in plain sight of a bunch of guys who just wanna shoot arrows at dragons, well, we think it's weird. And when I think someone is being too serious in a video game, I knock em down a few pegs by acting like a total moron. It gets a laugh out of me every time, without fail. And most of my friends. It's never funny when it happens to you, but it's really funny to the rest of us.

And all this tells just that you are very immature person.

Mature people understand that everyone lives their own lives, and everyone has a right to live it in a way they want as long as it doesn't harm others in any way. It doesn't matter how weird something might look to you, you have no right to go and harass other people when they are just doing their own thing. No one gave you that right.

You are also projecting, like all immature people do. You are the one here who is taking themselves too seriously. You actually believe you are above others. You are so much above others you have a right to go on and harass them and mess with their harmless fun. You believe it makes you look bigger than them (so you don't have to deal with the fact that actually you are a coward), when instead it just tells everyone you are a smallminded, immature person who lacks self-awareness and empathy.
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Translated: it's OK and funny to grief others, but it's not OK or funny for others to grief you.

I guess that makes it all OK then /s.

That brings me back to my original point, especially the language of 'knocking down a few pegs', why do you feel threatened by RPers? It's weird to you, therefor you are justified in destroying what is different and that you can't understand... There's a name for that.
    Edited by mairwen85 on September 30, 2019 4:09AM
    Options
  • BloodSkull_ESO
    BloodSkull_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    doomette wrote: »
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong here. Many of us think rp players are weird and creepy and it's funny to spam effects and ruin their immersion. Trolling is a part of gaming. Get over yourselves.

Can you be any more of a jerk? How can you even tolerate yourself with your brain being that shallow and empty? You're an embarrassment to this community and to mankind as a whole. Your thought process is so stupid, it bothers me. We came this far in technology and advancements, and yet this allowed brain dead humans such as yourself to survive and procreate. We overcame, as a species, evolution and natural selection, and you are proof of that. In no respectable society your behavior should be accepted, and that should set you apart and left alone, so you genes and ways would never get passed on.

I'm sad as a human because of you. Congratulations.

salty much there my friend its a video game relax man no need to have a stroke over a pc game

Uh the laziness in these sort of statements. Shock of shocks, when people disrupt other people’s fun, they get upset! Video games are a hobby, just like basketball, cross-stitching, and baking. You’d expect people to be upset if someone runs into their basketball game and deflated their ball. Or if someone intentionally pours red wine on someone else’s WIP stitching. Or pees in someone’s cupcake batter... Just because video games deal with pixels doesn’t discount the time and effort people put in to, say, hosting an RP event.
    But why bother, I doubt a troll is going to have some sort of empathetic epiphany reading all this, that would require emotional maturity.

you calling me a troll is far from the truth my friend i am not a troll and nor am i someone that likes *** with people just for a laugh. however the fact someone gets upset over something that happened in a fckin videogame shows just how much they care about something that could be simply ignored its a game not real life get over it or go outside and get some fresh air.

Whoosh. Some troglodyte ruining someone’s planned event sucks, no matter if it’s pixels or RL. That time has been wasted regardless, it’s not that hard of a concept to grasp.

Well, I tried. And while I was directing the troll comment more for the people you’re defending, your reply definitely aligns itself with that troll mentality, with its lack of empathy and such.

the fact you spending as mu

ignore the ones that call you a coward and smallminded this game is all about how you have fun not how some *** feels
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Is cheat engine still alive?

There are other cheat programs. There is one made from Russia that Zos can’t stop because the guy resides in Russia. The best they can do is patch it out. But then it becomes a cat and mouse game. Zos releases a patch that breaks the cheat program, guy figured out what breaks it and release a new one snd becomes a vicious cycle.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭
    Was in IC the other day with an opponent using both nightblade and templar skills. cheating still occurs
    Options
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. I also feel bad though cause it's messed up but watching a character up there is just so funny. Nothing but Family Guy dialogue comes to mind when I see it. "Hey! Hey you! Yeaaaa, you like that? Yeaaa... I have the power of God!"
    Edited by Vhozek on September 30, 2019 7:55AM
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the responses in this discussion is truly tragic and disappointing...
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish if you put someone on ignore, you can't see them either. I'm sorry your event was messed up. Yes, there are more critical bugs/harassment issues, and no, I don't think these guys should be banned, but that's something that needs fixing - make it so that people you want to ignore cannot bother you.

Oh dude I would put everybody on ignore.
    Options
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭

dry.gif

I have run with and healed some of the best players in pvp for years. It is always interesting when someone joins our team, that seemingly takes zero damage while fighting in siege, and has endless regen. Like everyone in the group knows what they are using-esp this patch with dots and Stam builds with no purge standing and fighting in siege against 10 dotplars, and not needing any heals or running our of resources. Also people talk openly about it in Discords, as well as commenting on hitbox cheats and how someone is going to get caught because they use it too much.
    That is why I personally don't get worked up about dying.

To the OP I am sorry, that really sucks.
    Edited by Hexquisite on September 30, 2019 8:28AM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

Options
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vestahls wrote: »
    Why is RP even controversial in an RPG? Can't even fathom that there are players who are creeped out by it, like, why are you here then?

That was my thought...like, you realize that MMORPGs in general have a stereotype of being full of basement-dwelling neckbeards, right? It's rich, as an MMO player, to call people playing the mmoRPG part of things creepy weirdos given that the majority of the world thinks that MMO players are all creepy weirdos.

Not saying that's right or anything, just pointing out that we're all playing the same game in the end.

Blame modern devs for bringing in the normies.
    Options