Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

StamDK should be EARTH themed - not Poison

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    Going back to your argument about streak and jabs 2 skill from entirely separate classes make any sense pertaining to dk. Dude your grasping at air in your argument

Smokescreen.
    Try again.

No, a smokescreen is just air with extra parts.
    Komodo dragons... wondering since beta "why dont dragon knight use poison"

Why dont you tell me your reason for liking poison? I wont be able to argue with that

v6JHwtK.gif

Uh, I hate to break this to you, but Komodo Dragons aren't, you know, dragons, they're varanids.

So, that's mostly monitor lizards.

Additionally, monitor lizards aren't poisonous. They may be mildly venomous, with a venom that impedes clotting, but the Komodo's reputation for being incredibly venomous was unearned. Researchers who first looked at the thing, saw how its prey suffered and died, and saw signs of disease in the wounds, but that was probably a byproduct of the Komodo's victims (mostly large mammals) limping through dirty water with serious, open wounds.

Turns the Komodo's attack pattern results in some vicious, deep, lacerations, which will result in the prey bleeding to death. Ironically, as animals go, the Komodo's mouth is actually pretty clean. Cleaner than ours, anyway. On a risk of infection, you're way better off getting munched on by a Komodo than by another human. Our mouths are nasty.

Bearded Dragons, and Chinese Water Dragons aren't dragons either, by the way. They're both lizards. Just in case there was still some confusion.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you studied Chinese culture or martial arts in general?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earth is not a combat theme as in other elder scrolls lore most of the earthen heart skills are more or less early forms of alteration magic. So in that respect earth is not a viable theme for stam dk however poison disease and bleed all can be used as a theme for a stam dk. If need be I can use real world logic to explain how those 3 fit stam dk. Can also use some elder scrolls lore and logic presented in eso as well.

If they never added Poison to DK back in DB dlc, you would have gone the rest of your life never forming a sentense with the word dragon or knight and poison.
    Stop arguing for the sake of arguing.

I’ve been on game since launch and from the beginning I wondered why there wasn’t poison on dk. Don’t assume you know me so stop arguing with me for the sake of arguing. Poison theme makes sense we got Komodo dragons king cobras vipers.

wow.

folks like you exists, huh?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Earth is not a combat theme as in other elder scrolls lore most of the earthen heart skills are more or less early forms of alteration magic. So in that respect earth is not a viable theme for stam dk however poison disease and bleed all can be used as a theme for a stam dk. If need be I can use real world logic to explain how those 3 fit stam dk. Can also use some elder scrolls lore and logic presented in eso as well.

If they never added Poison to DK back in DB dlc, you would have gone the rest of your life never forming a sentense with the word dragon or knight and poison.

I’ve been on game since launch and from the beginning I wondered why there wasn’t poison on dk. Don’t assume you know me so stop arguing with me for the sake of arguing. Poison theme makes sense we got Komodo dragons king cobras vipers.

wow.

Actually yes long story
  • Idhendryon
    Going back to your argument about streak and jabs 2 skill from entirely separate classes make any sense pertaining to dk. Dude your grasping at air in your argument

Smokescreen.
    Try again.
    StamNB uses disease.
    StamCro uses disease and poison. ALERT THE POLICE. IDENTITY THEFT.
    Give me a break. I want physical, just like templar has.
    Because Venomous Claw is 'pertaining' to DK.
    Dont worry about the slashed flesh and the bleeding. A komodo dragon poisoned you.

Why dont you tell me your reason for liking poison? I wont be able to argue with that

You want me to sit there and link komodo lizards to my dragon knight, when I have A HUNDRED BETTER CONCEPTS that people have created in the plane of fantasy to choose from, because some Dev wanted to sell me the Dark Brotherhood dlc.

I have no stakes in this, as I'm be fine with both options, but if you really think there is no link between dragons and serpents and hence poison, not only in Chinese mythology, but also very much so in Germanic ones, you are just a bit ignorant about this topic. Jörmungandr killed Thor with its poison, and Fafnir, the dragon Siegfried killed also originally breathed poison in the sagas.

There are also poisonous dragons in other fantasy settings. It's not a ridiculous idea at all.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idhendryon wrote: »

Smokescreen.
    Try again.
    StamNB uses disease.
    Dont worry about the slashed flesh and the bleeding. A komodo dragon poisoned you.

You want me to sit there and link komodo lizards to my dragon knight, when I have A HUNDRED BETTER CONCEPTS that people have created in the plane of fantasy to choose from, because some Dev wanted to sell me the Dark Brotherhood dlc.

I have no stakes in this, as I'm be fine with both options, but if you really think there is no link between dragons and serpents and hence poison, not only in Chinese mythology, but also very much so in Germanic ones, you are just a bit ignorant about this topic. Jörmungandr killed Thor with its poison, and Fafnir, the dragon Siegfried killed also originally breathed poison in the sagas.

There are also poisonous dragons in other fantasy settings. It's not a ridiculous idea at all.

If we're going to bring Norse myth into this, I just want an explanation for Sleipnir that doesn't make me giggle like a psychopath.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wow.

Actually yes long story

hey dude. patch notes gonna take a couple more hours of waiting. we got time.
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree but chances of it happening.........slim to none! Look at stamsorc, they just now have a pet that's Stam.........1...........in how long................your preferences are bottom of list compared to nerf to renerf meta. Sorry
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Smokescreen.
    Try again.
    StamNB uses disease.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57025

The Dragonknight brings flame and fury

4867cdeb413cf3b64f7d9c67f7ad164f.jpg

give it a rest.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree but chances of it happening.........slim to none! Look at stamsorc, they just now have a pet that's Stam.........1...........in how long................your preferences are bottom of list compared to nerf to renerf meta. Sorry

still fun to post.

gives me internet points and help me awake.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wow.

Actually yes long story

hey dude. patch notes gonna take a couple more hours of waiting. we got time.

Well to simplify as I am at work this game started out as physical therapy for me. I can go more into detail when I get done working in the morning
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Smokescreen.
    Try again.
    StamNB uses disease.

In Greek mythology dragons breath fire.
    So... Ill pass on the poison.
    Poison is the cowards weapon.
    It doesnt fit into the theme of the Class.
    I chose this Class because of fire and destruction.
    Nobody told me at that time that Ill have to talk about Nordic mythology in forums in order to enjoy playing my class.

Should we make a new CP stat called Politics and make magplars deal politics dmg since you know...
    Templars were not only warriors, they had political influence as well.
    Instead of the Meridian Spear they can lecture you as spammable. Enjoy that animation
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 30, 2019 6:13AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Smokescreen.
    Try again.
    StamNB uses disease.

In Greek myth, Zeus impregnated a woman using, "a golden shower."

What I'm saying is, I could really live without being afraid that when our healers rain golden light on us, it's not shards.

EDIT: Or, maybe we shouldn't look too closely at Greek myth as our primary inspiration for what should, and shouldn't, be in the game? I dunno, just a thought.
    Edited by starkerealm on September 30, 2019 6:13AM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because it is relative to a Dragon Knight?
    Why do you try so hard to make this connection?
    Dragon=Fire
    Knight=Force
    Nobody thinks about poison dragons and nobody thinks about knights and poison.
    Poison is an assassins choice.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Smokescreen.
    Try again.
    StamNB uses disease.

What I'm saying is, I could really live without being afraid that when our healers rain golden light on us, it's not shards.

EDIT: Or, maybe we shouldn't look too closely at Greek myth as our primary inspiration for what should, and shouldn't, be in the game? I dunno, just a thought.

Why do I have to listen about Nordic dragons poisoning people and Chinese martial artists?
    Dragon=Fire
    Knight ≠ Poison
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Smokescreen.
    Try again.
    StamNB uses disease.

Why do I have to listen about Nordic dragons poisoning people and Chinese martial artists?
    Dragon=Fire
    Knight ≠ Poison

Also, Dragon Knight ≠ Dragon.

Ftu7hXW.jpg?1

They're not dragons. They're simply Tamriel's version of that kid in high school who started taking Aikido because they watched too much anime.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dragon=Fire
    Knight=Force

Actually much of the dragon knight is actually based around Asian culture battle spirit or as we call it in real world chi. I study martial arts even tho I’m fully American. But it’s easy to see the Asian influences within the dk class especially
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dragon=Fire
    Knight=Force

Actually much of the dragon knight is actually based around Asian culture battle spirit or as we call it in real world chi. I study martial arts even tho I’m fully American. But it’s easy to see the Asian influences within the dk class especially

Well since you are fully American and you studied chi in the real world I guess dragon knight really does resemble ninjas.
    Thank you for this life changing experience.
    I trully value my poison themed Knight after wasting all this time replying to you, while you were doing your therapy in a gaming forum while you are at work.

Please Zos. Change Cautirize into a poison themed animation and call it Antivenom, because snakes heal too and make Take Flight without Wings in its animatipn because I learned about the Asian Dragons who in real reality are totally serpents.

And since we are keeping things real, change poison dmg to venom dmg.

Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 30, 2019 6:55AM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Smokescreen.
    Try again.
    StamNB uses disease.

Dragon=Fire
    Knight ≠ Poison

Also, Dragon Knight ≠ Dragon.

Ftu7hXW.jpg?1

They're not dragons. They're simply Tamriel's version of that kid in high school who started taking Aikido because they watched too much anime.

You know what? Our skill line is Ardent Flame.
    Flame ≠ Poison
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 30, 2019 6:57AM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dragon=Fire
    Knight=Force

Well since you are fully American and you studied chi in the real world I guess dragon knight really does resemble ninjas.
    I trully value my poison themed Knight after wasting all this time replying to you, while you were doing your therapy in a gaming forum while you are at work.

Please Zos. Change Cautirize into a poison themed animation and call it Antivenom, because snakes heal too and make Take Flight without Wings in its animatipn because I learned about the Asian Dragons who in real reality are totally serpents.

Actually a dragon knight does resemble more so a samurai when you actually delve into its tool kit.

Does a knight use chains and whips?
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭

Dragon=Fire
    Knight=Force

:D What? I dont see any asian culture on them.
    Love my Stamsorc
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dragon=Fire
    Knight=Force

Actually a dragon knight does resemble more so a samurai when you actually delve into its tool kit.

Ninjas used poisons. Ty for making this easy for me.
    But let's go back to Dragon Knights.
    Ardent Flame. Your move
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 30, 2019 7:07AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, if that's their kink. No shame.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ardent Flame.
    Why is stamDK a poison themed class, tell me.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What about more morphs? The extra morphs don't have to do anything different MECHANICALLY, they can just look different.
    Two morphs for your stamina option (stone, poison, whatever) and the animation is different but mechanically they do the same thing.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dragon=Fire
    Knight=Force

:D What? I dont see any asian culture on them.

Key word influence
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what? Our skill line is Ardent Flame.
    Flame ≠ Poison

Not with that attitude.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dragon=Fire
    Knight=Force

Ardent Flame. Your move

Asian influences a dk does closer resemble a samurai but their is ninja influences as well playing into Asian culture influences.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardent Flame.
    Why is stamDK a poison themed class, tell me.

Why should stam dk be physical themed names only go so far
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dragon=Fire
    Knight=Force

Ardent Flame. Your move

Asian influences a dk does closer resemble a samurai but their is ninja influences as well playing into Asian culture influences.

Ardent Flame