Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

StamDK should be EARTH themed - not Poison

• BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP to an extent. I think the DK has 3 identities. (look at the Warden how its 3 types are Animals, Plants and then Frost)

as a DPS role... Mag version is fire and Stam version is poison.

As a Tank role... It's Earth or Rock focus.

Fire and poison = DPS roles and Earth = Tank roles.
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFDB wrote: »
    Why not air? Dragons:
    -Blow
    -Fly
    -Knock things down with their voices

Raw power via wind and strong physical strikes and makes as much sense. A dragon could as easily rip you apart and flatten you with roars/wings as roast you alive.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it'll happen. A 180 is this combat teams specialty.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    I guess you’ve never heard of poison dragons so yes poison fits the dk theme nicely

so why do we have a whole line of earth-based skills, and only 2 MORPHS that are poison?

(disclaimer: i know the whole reason they picked poison as in the whole game, it attributes based on stamina, instead of magicka-based fire, it just doesn't look as cool when i vomit)

Counter question why is only 1 skill in the earth line in any way dps oriented? (aka stone fist) Earth skill line is more defense and cc oriented just FYI.
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dirtknight?
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you’re poison and earth!! #classidentity #deepdive
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guyle wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Guyle wrote: »
    That’s actually a good idea. Not sure the programming behind it but replace poison with earth and make it a different damage source dealing with elemental and make it so earth damage lol. If not just rock animation have vines come out of the ground. Since each element already has something that goes a long with it (like concussion, snare, etc.) earth could deal with some sort of minor buff, maybe minor fracture? Add an earth staff too. That would be some cool ground effect AoE!

Yeah, I know, it would be too much.

You want us to have plant powers now?

DKs are a combination of destruction magic (fire) and alteration magic (earth). That's even in lore:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Forged_in_the_Heart_of_Mundus

Okay, but I don't see where you'd get the vines from earth magic though. Sure, plants come from the ground, but traditionally I think most of us associate plants with nature magic and earth magic with stuff like rocks and metal. Even that link you gave makes no mention of plants. Like, wouldn't it make more sense to say use a power like sinkhole to root opponents using earth magic then summoning vines to grab them?

Its earth magic, not green magic, I agree with you on vines being far from the concept (that's more a Warden thing). Unfortunatelt poison magic is more related to plants =/
    Edited by Xvorg on September 27, 2019 2:52PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    slofwnd wrote: »
    Poison dragons are a thing. They are reptiles...

That's not poison, that's venom. It's different.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Earth line could be modified to more of a volcanic line - molten rocks etc. Seems kind of dragonish?
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Earth line could be modified to more of a volcanic line - molten rocks etc. Seems kind of dragonish?

Does it, though?

I mean, DK does have Molten Heart, so... kinda? Maybe?

Also, remember, the DKs aren't actually channeling draconic power. They can't use the Thu'um. They're practicing an Akaviri martial art that was designed to emulate dragons. Maybe this stuff makes sense in that context?
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs throwing rocks...no...earth.
    Not throwing...bending.

OMG
    I get it now.

tenor.gif?itemid=8344141
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

Does it, though?

Also, remember, the DKs aren't actually channeling draconic power. They can't use the Thu'um. They're practicing an Akaviri martial art that was designed to emulate dragons. Maybe this stuff makes sense in that context?

I have to admit I am not the best with the lore of the older races, but if this the case then why is there an earth line at all?

Now I did do some googling of the Akavari and found the Tsaeci are considering Akaviri??? So if they are snake like people then poison wouldnt be that far off in my mind.
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could still deal fire damage, and be viable earth is nice and all but meh.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be disease themed. So it'd be cooler with Thurvokun and Maarselok monster sets :p
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it, though?

where'd u get that?

when the in-game description of the draconic line is "channeling your inner dragon..."
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it, though?

where'd u get that?

when the in-game description of the draconic line is "channeling your inner dragon..."

I mean, we aren't using the Thu'um. I'm not shouting Yol Tor SHUL! when I use Engulfing Flames.

We're also not Dragonborn (proof: the entire Main Quest), so learning the Thu'um would take years. It took Ulfric around 10 years to learn 2 shouts. Keep that in mind when you think about grinding up another DK. (Yes, there are other schools of Shouting than the Greybeards, but they aren't as effective, and it still takes a long time to learn.)
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it, though?

where'd u get that?

I mean, we aren't using the Thu'um. I'm not shouting Yol Tor SHUL! when I use Engulfing Flames.

We're also not Dragonborn (proof: the entire Main Quest), so learning the Thu'um would take years. It took Ulfric around 10 years to learn 2 shouts. Keep that in mind when you think about grinding up another DK. (Yes, there are other schools of Shouting than the Greybeards, but they aren't as effective, and it still takes a long time to learn.)

we're not dragonborn, but we're stil channeling draconic power.

i mean, dude, i'm not shouting Thu'um, but GDB made me turn green and i can sprout wings.

call it Akaviri or call it draconic power, I still don't see how we gets to be "poison theme".

#poisonislame
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    I guess you’ve never heard of poison dragons so yes poison fits the dk theme nicely

I heard of ice dragons, so make points.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, most of the gases, liquids and rocks from vulcano are poisonous.
    So poison and stone themes are very compatible... even if to ignore that fact that eso world has own rules...
    When stamdks became poison oriented instead of fire it was a very nice step for dks identity.
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Does it, though?

where'd u get that?

I think Gabrielle Benele clarifies that in a book:
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Ardent_Flame:_Draconic_or_Endemic?

TBH, I think it is a combination of alteration + destruction + maybe draconic power. I don't think Dragons are just from Tamriel, Akavir also should have had it and it is also possible certain dragon priests went from Tamriel to Akavir at some point.

In any case, in the Combat & Character mechanics sub forum theres a post suggesting Dovakhiin as a class (it made me cry btw)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fire? Stone? Poison? No.
    Dragon theme.
    Take Flight is the most beautiful ability in the game IMO.
    Spiked Armor? Looks great, those gloving spikes on the back and on the hands...
    Reflective Scales is also looks amazing, talons not bad. Deep breath feels so powerful when you use it.

I dont have any proposals. Im just saying, DK may have much more flavor as a DRAGON

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the DK should not be poison or disease based. That change ruined the class, from my perspective, years ago. I basically stopped playing it, since I was interested in stamina and was not interested in poison.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭
    No, the DK should not be poison or disease based. That change ruined the class, from my perspective, years ago. I basically stopped playing it, since I was interested in stamina and was not interested in poison.

You are right!
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, i've found what should be dk.
    Answer is Hengehog.
    Volatile Armor should be permanent and cover whole body with spikes. even fingers.
    he should be able to pickpocket into spiked ball and became it while Leap with rolling around after for few minuts!
    Main skill should be grunt.
    Coming slowly to enemy, looking into his feared eyes, and grunt him with the nouse to the death.
    Stonefist should be reworked.
    Applefist - he should throw the apples.And mushrums
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso-dragonknight-class-elder-scrolls-online-wiki-guide.png

That's not a Dragonknight, that's heavy Ebonheart Pact armor.
    Although class-based armor styles would be kinda cool.

Earth is also not really an elemental theme in TES, as it doesn't make much sense considering where magical power derives from. As a physical form of damage? Well, then we are back to throwing poop rocks. :(
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it, though?

where'd u get that?

Here:

Ftu7hXW.jpg?1

The Ka'Po'Tun have an obsession with emulating dragons. So, this really fits. Not sure about the poison dragons. That could be a variant that's unique to Akavir, or it could just be the Ka'Po'Tun being weird. Either way.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ftu7hXW.jpg?1

... "and spews poison across the land."
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ftu7hXW.jpg?1

At least they're not vomiting blood... yet.
    Edited by starkerealm on September 28, 2019 2:34PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ftu7hXW.jpg?1

I'll take blood rather than poison.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ftu7hXW.jpg?1

I'll take blood rather than poison.

No. Poison and disease are both bad, in my eyes. Literally and figuratively. I'd prefer something that doesn't make ME vomit. :)