Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

StamDK should be EARTH themed - not Poison

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

Ftu7hXW.jpg?1

... "and spews poison across the land."

At least they're not vomiting blood... yet.

I'll take blood rather than poison.

Found the Stage 1.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    eso-dragonknight-class-elder-scrolls-online-wiki-guide.png

That's not a Dragonknight, that's heavy Ebonheart Pact armor.
    Although class-based armor styles would be kinda cool.

Earth is also not really an elemental theme in TES, as it doesn't make much sense considering where magical power derives from. As a physical form of damage? Well, then we are back to throwing poop rocks. :(

Fine.

Let's go with Fire and Physical Damage.

Agree?

4867cdeb413cf3b64f7d9c67f7ad164f.jpg

The Dragonknight brings flame and fury
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    poison lol, literally a snek KEKW
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea I never really saw how poison made much sense for stamdks cause earthen heart and stuff but what I was thinking of was changing nox breath to something like a petrifying breath where you cause enemies to become brittle and has the same effects like the current morph does. The animation could be something like a mix of fire and smoke kinda like eruption.

I also think that the claw could be more of a bleed instead of a poison dot that has the same effect where the bleed gets stronger over time and the animation could be something like searing strike has but look more physical
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    If any class were to have poison skills it would be stamblade
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭

can't agree.
    dk's identity, at least before scalebreaker, was tied to dots.
    stamina brother of fire is poison.
    earth phisical damage adds direct component

I'm not happy with this is exactly poison, but...

Disease?
    No.
    it should be necro main thing and maybe stamnb secondary.
    Because of it's nature.
    Not dk.

Bleeds? After scalebreaker bleeds is the worst stamina type of damage, any secondary effects.
    But, maybe they wil fix this in a future.
    Templars and stamsorcs are already built around physical damage..
    Do u reallt want one more physical damage type based class?

Necro and warden are a mix...and imho that was never good for their identity. easier to balance yes.
    It wil be just ruined stamdks one if to remove their poison like core, any profit for gameplay in general.

(visual effect for Stonefist is extremly bad, so bad that even if it will be very efficient in dragonhold, i'm not sure i will enjoy to use it, it's silly)
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on September 29, 2019 1:50PM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Daemonai
    Daemonai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain why poison is suddenly a problem after all these years?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daemonai wrote: »

It's not.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a problem when they introduced it. They could have done a lot of things with DK, and they did poison.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bleeds? After scalebreaker bleeds is the worst stamina type of damage, any secondary effects.
    But, maybe they wil fix this in a future.
    Templars and stamsorcs are already built around physical damage..

there's yer problem.

remove it from stamSorc.

Sorcerer.

SORCERER.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sorcerer

Definition of sorcerer
    : a person who practices sorcery : WIZARD

Sorcery.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sorcery

Definition of sorcery
    1: the use of power gained from the assistance or control of evil spirits especially for divining : NECROMANCY
    2: MAGIC sense 2a

(i'll skip the Necromancy)

Magic
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/magic

Definition of magic (Entry 1 of 3)
    1a: the use of means (such as charms or spells) believed to have supernatural power over natural forces
    b: magic rites or incantations
    2a: an extraordinary power or influence seemingly from a supernatural source
    Both pitchers, although they are older, haven't lost their magic.
    b: something that seems to cast a spell : ENCHANTMENT
    all the mystery, magic and romance which belong to royalty alone
    — J. E. P. Grigg
    3: the art of producing illusions by sleight of hand
    entertained with acts of jugglery and magic

Where's the physical in that?

I say ZOS should just remove all Stam-based/Physical morph/skill from the Sorcerers class. Period.

2469784-3869084197-image.jpg
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not sudden, but it's always been a pet peeve for years for some of us.

But then they decided to give us stone-slinging skill and label it "it's your spammable! (a.k.a. identity)"

So all hell broke loose.

Guess what's the first to spill out?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say ZOS should just remove all Stam-based/Physical morph/skill from the Sorcerers class. Period.

Just so we're on the same page, you know you're dealing with sorcs, not DKs, right? Wrapping yourself up like that will only result in a baked potato.

So, this is how ESO defines a sorc:

QDDmd0e.jpg?1

Nothing there says you can't stab someone, just that you've got options.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not sudden, but it's always been a pet peeve for years for some of us.

But then they decided to give us stone-slinging skill and label it "it's your spammable! (a.k.a. identity)"

So all hell broke loose.

Guess what's the first to spill out?

Salty, DK tears?
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ill explain.
    Because with the recent decision by Zos to give us, stamDKs, a ranged ability that doesnt CC and doesnt deal good dmg, we said no more.
    Fix our class
    Fix our dots
    Fix our wings
    Fix our identity.

Stop it with the weird additions. Just stop it.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 30, 2019 3:21AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ill explain.
    Because with the recent decision by Zos to give us, stamDKs, a ranged ability that doesnt CC and doesnt deal good dmg, we said no more.
    Fix our class
    Fix our dots
    Fix our wings
    Fix our identity.

George, you asked them, "fix my class," so they neutered it. What more can you ask for? :p
    Edited by starkerealm on September 30, 2019 3:37AM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ill explain.
    Fix our class
    Fix our dots
    Fix our wings
    Fix our identity.

George, you asked them, "fix my class," so they neutered it. What more can you ask for? :p

I want them to get more people to work on their game since they are killing it.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ill explain.
    Fix our class
    Fix our dots
    Fix our wings
    Fix our identity.

I'm available for hire.
    Edited by Cadbury on September 30, 2019 4:04AM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Ill explain.
    Fix our class
    Fix our dots
    Fix our wings
    Fix our identity.

I'm available for hire.

So will I be within a year. Nah... it's going to be asset creations for years to come...
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 30, 2019 4:12AM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just so we're on the same page, you know you're dealing with sorcs, not DKs, right? Wrapping yourself up like that will only result in a baked potato.

good freakin point.

QDDmd0e.jpg?1

what freakin options?

When a car commercial says "you can use this car to do groceries, pick up ur kids from school, commute to work with no worries on gas!", doesn't mean that Yaris can pull a 2-ton trailer......
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earth is not a combat theme as in other elder scrolls lore most of the earthen heart skills are more or less early forms of alteration magic. So in that respect earth is not a viable theme for stam dk however poison disease and bleed all can be used as a theme for a stam dk. If need be I can use real world logic to explain how those 3 fit stam dk. Can also use some elder scrolls lore and logic presented in eso as well.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    Earth is not a combat theme as in other elder scrolls lore most of the earthen heart skills are more or less early forms of alteration magic. So in that respect earth is not a viable theme for stam dk however poison disease and bleed all can be used as a theme for a stam dk. If need be I can use real world logic to explain how those 3 fit stam dk. Can also use some elder scrolls lore and logic presented in eso as well.

If they never added Poison to DK back in DB dlc, you would have gone the rest of your life never forming a sentense with the word dragon or knight and poison.
    Stop arguing for the sake of arguing.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

good freakin point.

QDDmd0e.jpg?1

what freakin options?

When a car commercial says "you can use this car to do groceries, pick up ur kids from school, commute to work with no worries on gas!", doesn't mean that Yaris can pull a 2-ton trailer......

I don't know of a car that can set its hands on lightning and then heal when they shank you.

Actually, funny thing in your defense, Stam Sorcs inherit almost no direct damage in their stam morphs.

Lightning form will gut punch you somehow. Okay, fine. After that, a lot of their stam toolbox is utility functionality. Stuff like Crit Surge, Bound Armaments, Dark Deal, or even Bolt Escape (if you want that on your stam character) are all about utility, not damage.

Most of the lightning damage doesn't convert over at all to stam. There's no version of Stam Liquid Lightning. No stam shard (though, physical would make sense there, I guess.) The clanfear punches people for physical, but we can't use that on stam until the next patch.

Yeah, stam sorc is still, primarily, a spellcaster who stabs people. The only weird one is Lightning Form.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they never added Poison to DK back in DB dlc, you would have gone the rest of your life never forming a sentense with the word dragon or knight and poison.

I’ve been on game since launch and from the beginning I wondered why there wasn’t poison on dk. Don’t assume you know me so stop arguing with me for the sake of arguing. Poison theme makes sense we got Komodo dragons king cobras vipers.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I’ve been on game since launch and from the beginning I wondered why there wasn’t poison on dk. Don’t assume you know me so stop arguing with me for the sake of arguing. Poison theme makes sense we got Komodo dragons king cobras vipers.

Those are lizards. There are no dragons inrl. Wake up.
    And what do snakes have to do with dragons.

You have been wondering why dragonknight didnt had poison since beta?
    What else were you wondering about?
    How come templars dont use AK-47?

How come jabs does magic dmg on magplar and physical on stamplar?
    How come hurricane is not wind dmg and Streak toxin dmg? You know since snakes move super fast

Komodo dragons....
    How come I havent seen a movie doing a poison dragon. Do you know why? Because it's stupid. Stick with fire, calculate it as physical, end of story.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 30, 2019 4:58AM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are lizards. There are no dragons inrl. Wake up

Real world lore on dragons Chinese dragons in particular were serpentine. You bring up DB dlc if not for that patch specs hurricane wouldn’t exist it was a direct rip off of the dks old skill sea of flames
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Those are lizards. There are no dragons inrl. Wake up

Real world lore on dragons Chinese dragons in particular were serpentine. You bring up DB dlc if not for that patch specs hurricane wouldn’t exist it was a direct rip off of the dks old skill sea of flames

Ye? Nobody in China says that dragons and poison are linked.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 30, 2019 5:02AM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going back to your argument about streak and jabs 2 skill from entirely separate classes make any sense pertaining to dk. Dude your grasping at air in your argument
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Going back to your argument about streak and jabs 2 skill from entirely separate classes make any sense pertaining to dk. Dude your grasping at air in your argument

Smokescreen comeback reply.
    Try again.
    StamNB uses disease.
    StamCro uses disease and poison. ALERT THE POLICE. IDENTITY THEFT.
    Give me a break. I want physical, just like templar has.
    Because Venomous Claw is 'pertaining' to DK.
    Dont worry about the slashed flesh and the bleeding. A komodo dragon poisoned you.

Komodo dragons... wondering since beta "why dont dragon knight use poison"

Why dont you tell me your reason for liking poison? I wont be able to argue with that

You want me to sit there and link komodo lizards to my dragon knight, when I have A HUNDRED BETTER CONCEPTS that people have created in the plane of fantasy to choose from, because some Dev wanted to sell me the Dark Brotherhood dlc.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 30, 2019 5:30AM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It fits thematically and have you ever studied reptiles in real life or the effects of bio and neuro toxins
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It fits thematically and have you ever studied reptiles in real life or the effects of bio and neuro toxins

No I havent.
    I have watched movies with dragons breathing fire and knights swinging flame swords.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 30, 2019 5:27AM