Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Population Declining @ SteamCharts

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is dead.. I am debating on canceling my sub and buying Borderlands 3 tonight, at least that game isn't ridden with all of these problems and nerfs.. I need something more stable and does not drains my time, money and patience. Like seriously.. This game is a joke with all of the constant changes and nerfs to skills. Get your *** together ZOS and hire professionals to balance this game properly or something.. PEACE!

Let's be real. Borderlands is published by 2K, one of the worst publishers in gaming. They aren't the saviour you're looking for.

And Gearbox Software don't come across as saints either...
    Edited by Cadbury on September 23, 2019 3:46AM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    ZOS is again on a wrong track, nerfing everything and letting players leave ESO.

Lack of good contents are also to blame, players are asking for new Solo Arena or Duo but Q4 DLC becomes such a disappointment.

I have also taken a break from ESO, will get back once ZOS start putting things back on track.

Zy9Tf5Y.png

Source: https://steamcharts.com/app/306130

What did you expect? ESO is still in it's beta stages and I am waiting for the final product.
  • AJL32456
    AJL32456
    ✭✭✭
    I started playing when this game was in Public Beta Testing, and then from release on Mac (not through the Steam client). About a year later they released ESO on consoles with the Tamriel Unlimited update, and so I moved to predominantly playing on Xbox. I have only recently come back to playing on Mac again with the Scalebreaker update. I, and probably many people, have multiple copies of the game and depending on what they feel is best for them and what cards life deals them, they tailor their choice of platform they use around these factors.

What you are posting about here is just one method to access a game that is available across many platforms, and in many alternate ways. I'm confident that the figures shown here are no cause for worry for Bethesda and Zenimax. They are continuing to grow the game to let us play in new areas we haven't seen before in the previous Elder Scrolls games, with new storylines and mechanics, and as all things do, the game's popularity/active player-base fluctuates. When new content is released, it goes up, as people complete it, it goes down. It's what happens. Across their many platforms they probably have millions globally. In the E3 presentation this year they mentioned they had to add more server space to accommodate the larger amount of players joining the game across all platforms.

Yes it may be low on Steam, at the moment, but if you look at the bigger picture across all platforms, I'm sure it grows by the second, which means more people to play and communicate with.
    AJL32456
    - Guildmaster of The Adroit. Only on Xbox EU and PC NA Megaservers. -
    www.theadroit.co.uk

AKA:
    • [Mac] - [NA] - AJL32456
      • Thordin Agard (Lvl: Champion 26 - Breton - Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant)
      • Thorodin Jartharn (Lvl: 6 - High Elf - Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion)
    • [Xbox] - [EU] - AJL32456
      • Bjarnar (Lvl: Champion 382 - Nord - Templar - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Shadelurker (Lvl: 18 - Khajiit - Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Drake Ivor (Lvl: 36 - Breton - Warden - Ebonheart Pact)
      • Thorodin Agard (Lvl: 25 - High Elf - Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant)
      • Aegon The Deadly (Lvl: 10 - Breton - Necromancer - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Rhaegar V T(Lvl: 23 - Breton - Necromancer - Daggerfall Covenant)
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 2019 why are you still playing from steam?
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably has something to do with the fact that they have $10 sales every other month.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »

Probably has something to do with the fact that they have $10 sales every other month.

Doesn't Epic Games have similar or better sales?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    welp. those are terrible numbers considering the fact that they were going up before elsweyr came out, and then went down the month that the expansion came out.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Wow classic came out. It seems to be popular beyond expectations. That has to have an impact. I'm there as well, for time being. I'll return later tho. So don't get your panties in a bunch over a temporary eso population dip.

Yes, I also play wow classic with the wife
    But 15th October, archeage unchained also releases. So much games so little time 😢
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Guys, I spent most of my gaming time during last year in ESO. And I was buying everything I liked in CS before they pooped on the lore with bosmer&argonian changes. TES lore is the only fantasy lore universe I care. I will have zero profit if this game will go down, I am interested in ESO's thriving and growth. So I want devs to stop with random balance shake downs...
    They are awful, both U23 and U24. Rosters are e-m-p-t-y in progression groups. Some guilds shut down, for example one of main craglorn PC EU guilds was disbanded. Guild chats which were lively, now near dead. Ofc this is just my experience, and other guild may be bustling with happy motivated players. But recent poll shows, that majority have issues with guild activity:

The guilds are always dying, dead, and on their last legs. Heck, according to predictions here in the forum, there aren't any guilds left, and haven't been for years, now.

Again.... I cannot tell you how many times this game has died here in the forum because the studio chased away all the players. Seriously, someone get the big gun out and shoot this game. It refuses to die at the hands of the inept studio.
    The fact that we are sitting at the same concurrent population 12 months later is worrying. The fact that ZOS lost 30% of its active player base in a span of 4 months is concerning. It's the first time that the game has lost players for 4 straight months since early 2016.

And it might be worrying, not that we are the ones that should be worried, if this was across the entire player base rather than just Steam players. You talk like these numbers cover everyone playing on all platforms, and they do not.

It's a massive sample size. You can very reliably extrapolate these trends to the rest of the player base.

as far as I remember from statistics size of the sample is less important then representativeness of it.

What I don't understand is how people are deciding that people who enter the login screen from a Steam app are somehow different from people who enter the login screen from a different app? Do Steam users somehow have lower IQs? Lower attention spans that will make them more likely to jump from game to game? How are Steam users less representative of ESO players in general?

What I dont understand is how people are deciding anything about people logging from steam. Unless some research with representative sample will be provided nobody cant decide anything.

Do steam users have somehow lower IQ ? I dont know. Do You know that ? Can You provide results of any research that would answer that question ?

Do You know what statistics mean ? Let me help You xyeNsZ1.png
    It's collecting and ANALYSING numerical data. Steam charts are just collecting it there is no analysis being made so we dont know who those ESO players on steam are and how they represent playerbase.

Nobody says steam users are less or more representative of ESO players in general. Their representativeness is just unknown and until it'll be known anyone who makes any claims based on steam charts have no valid argument.

The onus is on you to provide theoretical or empirical evidence that the Steam population, of at least 32,000 players (I say at least, since that's the peak concurrent population, not the total Steam population, which is many times higher) is not representative of the broader population. Good luck with that. The sample in question is so massive that it is virtually impossible for it to be behaviourally different from the broader population. The only time you can get differences in behaviour between samples that large is if you poll along very strict generational or ideological lines (i.e. a political opinion survey polling only 32,000 baby boomers in Alabama).

The onus is on the one trying to use the data to make a point. Steam users are clearly distinguished from other players by (also) playing on Steam. You are simply assuming this attribute doesn't correlate to anything without any evidence.

Guys, I spent most of my gaming time during last year in ESO. And I was buying everything I liked in CS before they pooped on the lore with bosmer&argonian changes. TES lore is the only fantasy lore universe I care. I will have zero profit if this game will go down, I am interested in ESO's thriving and growth. So I want devs to stop with random balance shake downs...
    They are awful, both U23 and U24. Rosters are e-m-p-t-y in progression groups. Some guilds shut down, for example one of main craglorn PC EU guilds was disbanded. Guild chats which were lively, now near dead. Ofc this is just my experience, and other guild may be bustling with happy motivated players. But recent poll shows, that majority have issues with guild activity:

The guilds are always dying, dead, and on their last legs. Heck, according to predictions here in the forum, there aren't any guilds left, and haven't been for years, now.

Again.... I cannot tell you how many times this game has died here in the forum because the studio chased away all the players. Seriously, someone get the big gun out and shoot this game. It refuses to die at the hands of the inept studio.
    The fact that we are sitting at the same concurrent population 12 months later is worrying. The fact that ZOS lost 30% of its active player base in a span of 4 months is concerning. It's the first time that the game has lost players for 4 straight months since early 2016.

And it might be worrying, not that we are the ones that should be worried, if this was across the entire player base rather than just Steam players. You talk like these numbers cover everyone playing on all platforms, and they do not.

It's a massive sample size. You can very reliably extrapolate these trends to the rest of the player base.

No it's not. No You can't. If You want to prove me wrong bring up mathematical arguments supporting Your claim because as far as I remember from statistics size of the sample is less important then representativeness of it.

Representiveness is the most important quality. Large Sample Sizes help with representativeness, and help with the accuracy of the conclusions.
    Example: Political Polls tend to have fairly large sample sizes, and we've all seen the problems when their sample population isn't quite representative of the voting population.

So I will give the Steam Charts some credit. Its a heck of a lot more representative than the data than we get from tiny polls on the forums.

Its just that, as you've said, more representative than the forums does not equal representative of the whole playerbase.

There's an even more foundational issue with the arguments made, which is that the data on Steam Charts, even if we were to grant that its perfectly representative, can't tell us WHY players are logging in or not.

It can't even answer the most basic of questions about variables: Are less players playing ESO period OR are less players playing ESO on Steam? Due to the lack of data on other platforms, we can't even eliminate the log-in platform as a variable! (Says a Steam user who uses the non-Steam log-in because my account is older than Nov 2016). If there's a drop on Steam mirrored by other users, that's significant! (Or not, perhaps, because it doesnt tell us WHY, as in the case of players plummeting in Nov and Dec 2018.) If its not mirrored, then it isn't significant in regards to ESO. But we can't tell that from the given data.

At best, if we don't want to stretch the statistics, we can come to conclusions about the trends on Steam Charts, and maybe make some guesses as to the cause, such as Elsweyr, EU server performance, and the start of the school year. Without more data sets, we can't eliminate enough variables to draw conclusions about the whole player base.

Man, it must be fun to be the guy or gal who works for ZOS who does have access to all the stats! (Or not fun, I suppose, from the POV of those who think the game is "dying".)

What you describe are outlier scenarios. When a sample gets into the tens/hundreds of thousands, it gets extremely close to perfect representation. There is no demographic/generational/ideological/etc. split between Steam users/non-Steam users (as you can have with samples in political polls) which would indicate some sort of behavioural difference between the populations. They're both just samples of diverse gamers (Steam has 90 million users, for reference).

I use Steam for various games, but not ESO. Those 90 millions are hardly relevant here.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Aralon
    Aralon
    ✭✭
    numbers seem pretty consistent not sure it really proves what your trying to say, also not everyone uses steam, and even less launch from it

What do you say then about March, April, May?

I posted for players information only, not going to debate.

Someone is not aware how Internet forums work...
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jayroo you spelled CNN wrong
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    steam data is relevant to the pc and while eso has always had a high casual turnover (mostly due to inaccessible end game systems) it appears that zos has run out of replacements.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are learning that playing ESO through Steam causes problems.

I have no problems at all with Steam.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it's not. No You can't. If You want to prove me wrong bring up mathematical arguments supporting Your claim because as far as I remember from statistics size of the sample is less important then representativeness of it.

Representiveness is the most important quality. Large Sample Sizes help with representativeness, and help with the accuracy of the conclusions.
    Example: Political Polls tend to have fairly large sample sizes, and we've all seen the problems when their sample population isn't quite representative of the voting population.

So I will give the Steam Charts some credit. Its a heck of a lot more representative than the data than we get from tiny polls on the forums.

Its just that, as you've said, more representative than the forums does not equal representative of the whole playerbase.

There's an even more foundational issue with the arguments made, which is that the data on Steam Charts, even if we were to grant that its perfectly representative, can't tell us WHY players are logging in or not.

It can't even answer the most basic of questions about variables: Are less players playing ESO period OR are less players playing ESO on Steam? Due to the lack of data on other platforms, we can't even eliminate the log-in platform as a variable! (Says a Steam user who uses the non-Steam log-in because my account is older than Nov 2016). If there's a drop on Steam mirrored by other users, that's significant! (Or not, perhaps, because it doesnt tell us WHY, as in the case of players plummeting in Nov and Dec 2018.) If its not mirrored, then it isn't significant in regards to ESO. But we can't tell that from the given data.

At best, if we don't want to stretch the statistics, we can come to conclusions about the trends on Steam Charts, and maybe make some guesses as to the cause, such as Elsweyr, EU server performance, and the start of the school year. Without more data sets, we can't eliminate enough variables to draw conclusions about the whole player base.

Man, it must be fun to be the guy or gal who works for ZOS who does have access to all the stats! (Or not fun, I suppose, from the POV of those who think the game is "dying".)

What you describe are outlier scenarios. When a sample gets into the tens/hundreds of thousands, it gets extremely close to perfect representation. There is no demographic/generational/ideological/etc. split between Steam users/non-Steam users (as you can have with samples in political polls) which would indicate some sort of behavioural difference between the populations. They're both just samples of diverse gamers (Steam has 90 million users, for reference).

There's one major behavioral exception: when Steam has a connection problem with ESO, accounts started after Nov 2016 are SOL. My account is before that, so I can use the alternate launcher.

Now, I don't recall if we've had many outages recently, so this might be a little nitpicky. However, you'd have the same behavioral differences for console users - if Xbox had a lot of outages, that impacts their stats. Considering that PC/EU had a month or two with log-in queues earlier this year, there's that to consider, when we look at variables.

However, you missed the main point. Even if we accept that the Steam is perfectly representative of the entire playerbase, the Steam Charts data doesn't tell us WHY any of the dips and rises happen. At best, we can guess. For example, we can guess that the low point at Dec 2018 is players not logging in during the holiday season, especially if that same dip were repeated across different platforms. But we can't tell the cause from the data itself.

Similar Example: Based on forum feedback, Cyrodiil population plummeted across platforms after the release of Elsweyr. Was it due to A. Elsweyr, B. Faction Lock, or C. Performance? The Data about population bars alone doesnt tell us WHY. We need a longer term analysis to figure that out - perspective. (Instead, we're getting a short term comparison with the new CP unlocked Campaign.)

So is the game dying? At best, we can point to population numbers for one platform and generalize about the general population trend. What that doesnt tell us is WHY. We'd need a greater perspective to tell us that, one that puts 2019 in context and allows us to eliminate variables So we can figure out causes.

To say, as the OP did, that population is declining because of nerfs and lack of good content...welll, again, the very most we can say with any authority from the data as given is "from your data set, the population on Steam Charts appears to be declining."

There's nothing there that enables us to make solid claims about the cause, even if that sample is perfectly representative of the whole playerbase.
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Guys, steamfag here. Even majority dont agree, I am in the side that steam charts need to be taken seriously as long as game is selling on steam. I understand MMO players are not close with steam but there are steamfags like me + the skyrim lovers who got steam, gave eso chance and stayed.

so; we both should agree player base is declining, but game is too far away from dying. I never played a mmo since UO, but I can see some eso+ members got mad and want to try wow classic. Hope they return to us soon. mAybe a comeback/return event would also helpful
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can bet that the folks at ZOS have the correct numbers by platform, and also the numbers for ESO plus subscriptions and crown store revenue by month.

If something hits the revenue stream hard enough then they will adjust.
    Playing since beta...
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is again on a wrong track, nerfing everything and letting players leave ESO.

Lack of good contents are also to blame, players are asking for new Solo Arena or Duo but Q4 DLC becomes such a disappointment.

I have also taken a break from ESO, will get back once ZOS start putting things back on track.

Zy9Tf5Y.png

Source: https://steamcharts.com/app/306130

There is no shortage of new content. ZOS is all over that. What they aren't doing is fixing persistent bugs, like lag.

And why would anyone use Steam anyway?....who needs a third party to buy a game? The whole concept of Steam is weird in the first place.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had a candid conversation in Belkarth last night with a few top-end players that play on PS4 NA (all of whom are excellent PvE'rs and have been consistently clearing Vet Trials for years and are WAY better than I'll ever be, lol) and they are actually seriously contemplating throwing in the towel.

I know most players say ZOS drives people out with their drastic and usually pointless nerfs etc... but really what it boils down to for these guys is they're bored with the game. Now I still love my ESO time and look forward to it as an unwind after a long day but sometimes people just move on...ZOS gets this and that's why they are like all MMO's releasing new captivating content to draw in new players.

Us grumpy vets have been through this cycle for so long we have our own thoughts on this redundancy but it still makes sense in the end.

Edited by Odovacar on September 23, 2019 5:47PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is actually few splits between steam and rest of the community playing ESO. One for example are discounts. Last year due to the extreme amount of sales and discounts of base game on steam where it was sometimes to buy almost for nothing ESO was in the top 12 best sellers on steam when in general market ESO was not in top 12 even if You would compare it just to the games present on steam. So that actually gives us an idea that steam charts may be already not representative because of those sales that were not happening that often outside of steam. Look at the charts for the ends of previous years and compare it to the end of 2018. That 10% gain is small compared to previous years so it may be the case that at the end of 2018 ESO was actually loosing playerbase but increased amount of sales and discounts on steam helped to compensate for that and created even small increase in population but only on steam when in reality game could loose small percentage of playerbase.

Second example are login issues on steam. It's well known that steam users sometimes have additional issues to log into the game which non steam players have not. That may suggest some of them were not logging in to the game during that periods of time which also changes the numbers and falsifies representativeness by lowering the average. There is multiple differences to point out between steam and general playerbase You just choose to avoid them because it doesnt fit Your agenda.

Once again size of the sample doesnt matter. You can have sample of 1 thousand people that will be way more representative then sample of 100 thousand people. You cannot just assume it's representative because it's large enough. Stop trying to create new math. You proved many times that You have issues with already existing one.
    Edited by Juhasow on September 23, 2019 11:06PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why folks take things so personally over a game. ESO has had a pretty good life so far. to make an "educated guess" based on comments from Todd Howard, Matt Firor, and Pete Hines i'd say ESO will be around until 2022 or 2023 give or take a year or so.

Considering the state of MMORPG's in 2019, ESO is quite literally, ''killing it'' as they said. Majority of those players are casuals who don't give a damn about balance changes unless its so big that it also affects their experience in a big way.

This is largely thanks to the fact that unlike some other, more hardcore games with very passionate (and salty) communities out there, ESO community is one that consists mostly of casuals and a probably very small percentage of end game players. So no matter how big they *** * up, the numbers will not tank that much, the only way ESO might die is another game of the same genre replacing it.

Personally I don't think the playerbase numbers are a good indicator for combat balance changes being good or bad. Morrowind was a total PTSD simulator yet the game recovered, DK right now is HORRIBLE, I have all the reason to freak out about these changes, yet I'm calmer than usual.I know in a few more updates they will buff it back to where it was, when they see nobody plays the class anymore. (Though I'm not sure either since it took them like 2 years to finally make stamplar playable again)

ZOS is very stubborn when it comes to admitting their mistakes(a good example is morrowind sustain nerfs and the tons of sustain buffs in all the following updates, they even gave major mending back to Dk, so all that pain was for nothing.)

I just wish that ESO could just find that happy medium for combat balance , find an intended vision for each class and tweak them just right for that vision. %60 nerf to dots in a single patch is the proof of the opposite happening , and if they do insist on this nerf, I will be taking a long break.

I'm sure in update 29 or whatever they will figure out what we told them 15 minutes after the patch dropped, but I simply don't have the patience anymore. I just want to play my class without worrying that next patch my playstyle might be completely unviable. This is the type of stress that I only have when playing league of legends or elder scrolls online.

Change, for the sake of change, is killing this game for me. If they had a greater vision behind these changes I would gladly wait for it, but now I finally now, that they simply don't and they're just throwing darts with a blindfold on.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To say population is not down is just players defending a game they have a ton of time logged and that’s ok.

How I come to the conclusion population is down and has been down for some time.

I’m a 3 platform/2 server player who is in 30 Guilds total. Some top tier and some med tier. All populations in PRIME TIME are down 20%-35% over the last 60 days

Guilds that were pulling 150 players on at any time are barely at a 100. I have been taking screenshots to track how slow it’s been.

Questing an Alt thru the Deeshan story line PS4 NA Thursday-Sunday and zone chat was DEAD DEAD and Dead every day and night.

Trying to do a pug trial in my usual Craglorn wall spot and we couldn’t even get a trial filled and we were all willing to do anything or any role.

Also players come and go but we ARE losing a good amount of ENDGAME players.

As someone else noted we will see when the pop decline hits ZOS wallet. When that happens we will see major nerf reversals, great log in rewards , etc etc

I don’t think casual players,housing players,RP, crafting have anything to worry about, it’s the Endgame, PvP and Large Trader Guilds who depend on steady pop for Guild costs.

Just my 2 1/2 cents
  • eso_lytw8
    eso_lytw8
    ✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    To say population is not down is just players defending a game they have a ton of time logged and that’s ok.

How I come to the conclusion population is down and has been down for some time.

I’m a 3 platform/2 server player who is in 30 Guilds total. Some top tier and some med tier. All populations in PRIME TIME are down 20%-35% over the last 60 days

Guilds that were pulling 150 players on at any time are barely at a 100. I have been taking screenshots to track how slow it’s been.

Questing an Alt thru the Deeshan story line PS4 NA Thursday-Sunday and zone chat was DEAD DEAD and Dead every day and night.

Trying to do a pug trial in my usual Craglorn wall spot and we couldn’t even get a trial filled and we were all willing to do anything or any role.

Also players come and go but we ARE losing a good amount of ENDGAME players.

As someone else noted we will see when the pop decline hits ZOS wallet. When that happens we will see major nerf reversals, great log in rewards , etc etc

I don’t think casual players,housing players,RP, crafting have anything to worry about, it’s the Endgame, PvP and Large Trader Guilds who depend on steady pop for Guild costs.

Just my 2 1/2 cents

This is consistent with my observations, I feel confident that a lot end game players are leaving. I see this from guild memberships, guilds that always stayed full and routinely had to drop inactive players to add new players now are far from full. Also PVP is down to what just a couple of campaigns, saw someone suggesting they merge non cp with below 50 to keep enough of a population to play.

Its unfortunate this is happening since it could all have been prevented. I think there is a significant contingency that want unique feeling classes like what we had instead of balanced no class form we now have. The new changes have made the game much less unenjoyable to play for me and I suspect I am not alone.

< Xbox NA PVE >
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players play the day to day game.
    Developers play the year to year game.

All that matters is from April 2014 towards now. Trending higher? Continue. There will be many "acopolypse" by those who only see 1 ft in front of them
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lolz , ZOS year to year . I’m an early Beta player and can tell you they are no more than Qtr to Qtr.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lolz , ZOS year to year . I’m an early Beta player and can tell you they are no more than Qtr to Qtr.

Which is more than more games How often does WoW, FF or SWTOR comes add to the game with an actual story line or instanced content? Not very often.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Ri_Khan wrote: »

Doesn't Epic Games have similar or better sales?

Would help if EG had a shopping cart for starters, and legit account security. In all their years of using Steam my friends have never had issues with security. EG however they were hacked barely months after having made an account :D
    Steam users aren't behaviouraly any different from non-Steam users so the sample size is the only thing that matters here.

This. Add on top the low and declining viewer numbers for Twitch and Youtube as well, and once vastly populated ingame guilds becoming ghost towns...
    Edited by Numerikuu on September 24, 2019 12:00PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well thankfully the experts are here
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    This entire thread is yet another (looking at the world, without going political) exhibition of how ignorant most people are of batch testing or survey. Steam is still a viable trend metric, whether it covers a massive portion of the community or not.

It serves as an indicator of general opinion in its potential. A larger batch from another source would likely show the same. A rise in those who use it, or no longer do (fall) is a trend curve of the current steam populace; amongst themselves. They have many other options - as does ANYONE.

Fan'ing it up with the usual denial does nothing to change the reality of mathematics. Nor does it placate the volume of players turning up in other games now with fresh gripes about this one.

Ofcourse ESO is doing poorly. It's a poorly balanced and technically broken mess. Considering some of the costs for things in this title, is unacceptable - and in any other area of the world, would see you fired and out on your ass.

Best address the truth, so changes can be made. Assuming you actually care about the game - over the top of point scoring opinions and nonsense.
  • Terion_Fyr
    Terion_Fyr
    ✭✭✭
    More are staying then leaving. If you take away the player who are "leaving" you still have more player then before. This Thread is a joke.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This entire thread is yet another (looking at the world, without going political) exhibition of how ignorant most people are of batch testing or survey. Steam is still a viable trend metric, whether it covers a massive portion of the community or not.

It serves as an indicator of general opinion in its potential. A larger batch from another source would likely show the same. A rise in those who use it, or no longer do (fall) is a trend curve of the current steam populace; amongst themselves. They have many other options - as does ANYONE.

Fan'ing it up with the usual denial does nothing to change the reality of mathematics. Nor does it placate the volume of players turning up in other games now with fresh gripes about this one.

Ofcourse ESO is doing poorly. It's a poorly balanced and technically broken mess. Considering some of the costs for things in this title, is unacceptable - and in any other area of the world, would see you fired and out on your ass.

Best address the truth, so changes can be made. Assuming you actually care about the game - over the top of point scoring opinions and nonsense.

Projecting your own experience of the game onto the larger population and a biased analysis of some data that may or may not be representative of that population doesn't sound very mathematical to me.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU