Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Population Declining @ SteamCharts

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    I play ESO sometimes with GeForce now with steam on my phone. Other times on my PC. Steam stats are not a good tell on a cross platform game. It's just part of the PC player base.

@Nanfoodle

So do each console have an indication of the average activity for a game during any given month? If yes then please share. If the answer is no then Steam Charts is still the best indication of what is going on in the game period even though it offers better information for PC/Mac.

People suggest that Steam Charts is not a good source of information but they do not provide a better source of what is going on. If they do not share such information then what are they really saying? It seems they are saying that Steam Charts is still the only and as such best information we have concerning ESO's health. Right now that source of information is showing growth.

That like taking a poll in one state if people like burgers. From that poll you declared most people in the world like burgers. Steam numbers are one subset of PC and Shield users. I have seen polls from steam that said a MMO numbers were way down but still kept going and kept releasing content. A true sign of a game failing is when content production slows down or stops. Been MMOing for over 20 years. Just calm down and play if you like the game.

Yes, there is a difference but we are all gamers so there is some relevance. Since this is our only source of information and it is not biased it is our best source and you have not disputed that at all. Thanks for making that clear.

Also, I suggest you link that information from Steam about MMO numbers as I am guessing the context is not what you are presenting it as. I find people often make general statements about what they read but it does not match what the article was actually saying.

And I am calm. I am not the one worked up by any means. I merely find it interesting how player dis Steam Charts but cannot come up with anything better or anything that actually suggest Steam Charts are inherently wrong. Enjoy the game and yes, relax.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boring and frustrating mega nerf patch, the last one. I am not surprised. Haven't been on since a few days before it went live. I'm hoping "balancing" finally starts being reasonable, and I do hope that the Skyrim DLC will be nice, I actually miss the game - as it once was - a lot, a whole lot.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evanis wrote: »
    The claim is that the game population is declining. Then why upgrade the group finder with the next patch? Clearly, the system cannot handle the current load. We've all experienced the long wait times and glitchy behavior in dungeon queues. Would ZOS bother to address this if the population was in decline?

Not saying you are wrong, but really - ZOS have been prioritizing the way NPC's carry boxes, and fixing khajiit noses protruding out of headgear before, instead of putting more people into dealing with game breaking glitches. Yes, I know it's not the same people doing these two things, but I mean - by all means, feel free to hire a few competent consults every now and then, when your own tiny staff can't sort things out. Some things have been broken for YEARS. People are paying good money. I fail to understand, and I even try to be positive.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is dead atm on EU, moreso on US but I guess after Xmas everyone is playing COD and RDR2.

Only ppl left playing are streamers trying to make money
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    The game is dead atm on EU, moreso on US but I guess after Xmas everyone is playing COD and RDR2.

Interesting, there would seem to be around 21,500 streamers then currently logged in through Steam alone, I hadn't realised streaming was that popular with ESO :wink: !
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    rumple9 wrote: »

Interesting, there would seem to be around 21,500 streamers then currently logged in through Steam alone, I hadn't realised streaming was that popular with ESO :wink: !

"Dead" is anything less than 1 million players online. :neutral:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never ceases to amaze me how much ESO players will just ignore issues and pretend everything is fine.

Things are NOT fine and they haven't been for a while. if you truly loved the game you would recognize this and demand a shift in direction as well.

Yup. It is a pain getting the "account already logged in" messages about once per day, and trying to log into a wayshrine into Auridon can take some time. I have even had the game get stuck on the loading screen. Everything is definitely not fine.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus