The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

poll: Age of players - Does age matter ?

• kts
    kts
    ✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    25 here

dayum didnt expect that many old people

• randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 to 60
    kts wrote: »
    25 here

You are only old when you stop having fun in your life.

EU PS4
  • AK_Fortyfive
    AK_Fortyfive
    ✭✭
    40 to 50
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    The choices shouldn't overlap. I'm 60 so should I pick 50-60, or 60-70? :)

uh it was late when i did the poll lol
    how about if in the first 6 months of the year you hit the 30 ,40,50 etc then you pick the lower of the 2 and when in the last 6 months you pick higher

again it was late and i am gettin on a bit lol
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    70 to 80
    25 here

This!

However, at 25 anyone over say 40-ish seems old lol :D
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    I give crap to people only a few years younger than me, but I feel like the baby now!
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20 to 30
    Never really worried me about another players age, got plenty of older folks in the guilds I am in, kinda surprised me to see how many older players there are in the game.

I though being 28 was probably getting a bit old for my gaming hobby, yet there are players I know older than my parents, who probably have something to do with my prior bias assuming, that older people would not be into technology let alone gaming.

Mostly because my dad still hasn't mastered the DVD player/The microwave/The washing machine, I have given up trying to teach him anything about computers.

I had always assumed it had to be due to his generation but getting to know some older players, here in ESO, its just a case of that's the way my dad is, he is no idiot he just refuses to learn about a lot of modern technology it just holds no interest for him.

Mind you he will still hover over my shoulder anytime he wants me to look something up for him online.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    60 to 70
    I'm happy to stay in this age band while I can :) !
    Edited by Tandor on September 1, 2019 1:34PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    70 to 80
    @bmnoble: I'll be 72 before the end of the year. Husband is 85. He knows NOTHING about tech, and refuses to learn. Now, I, on the other hand, bought my first computer in 1984 and have never looked back. I taught myself how to build the next machine (first windows one a few years later), and after I retired again in 1990 to move up here with the horses while husband finished out his last few years before retirement, I taught myself everything I needed to know about Microsoft software (ALL of it) in case I ever needed a job again.

I did. In 2000 I went back to work to fully fund my own Social Security (needed 4.5 more years) - and talked myself into a decent job based on my abilities with computers and software, as well as my previous "working life" as an office manager/bookkeeper.

So of course, if husband hits the wrong button on the remote, guess who fixes the tv? Guess who installs things like the blu-ray player, the sound bar etc? Certainly not husband. In fact, our 2006 Ford truck is too tech-forward (even at 13 years old) for him to drive reliably.... Smart phone? Hell no. Washer and dryer? Nope.

Sometimes people younger than husband are worse than he is. It's almost like they expect tech to reach out and grab them by the throat or something....
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20 to 30
    Dayum I’m genuinely surprised how many older players there are here 😮
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    afterlife
    For me age means crap, it's about how mature they are. I have met kids who where great team members and adults who where toxic as hell.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • OmegaRealities
    40 to 50
    I concern myself more about the mental maturity of players than their age.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    ik, nobody would have guessed. i am a grumpy granny.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta respect the older folk.
    If we're (younger people) lucky, that will be us in the future, still gaming and loving it.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    Gotta say, I love the age distribution I'm seeing :)
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    48% over 30. :)
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    afterlife
    I can hear my bones creak every time I press the spacebar.
  • Keledus
    Keledus
    ✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    Still in the group of younglings.
    PC - EU
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20 to 30
    A tad over 245280 hours old. However, I have met many people of varying ages. One of my guildmasters is a very pleasant gentleman who plays the game with his wife. I think he may be in his late 50's or early 60's.

I also once met a youngster who can't have been any older than 12 in Stonefalls; he was roaming around, getting VERY excited about the Netches and also seemed to think PvP was switched on everywhere.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    afterlife
    If you kill me there is a rare chance that I will drop Ectoplasmic Discharge.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    afterlife
    25 here

You have been fooled into thinking the forum age is lower. See this...
    Nestor wrote: »
    Your only as old as you act.

It explains why the 10-20 group is so small in this poll. :)
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Enkil on September 1, 2019 4:49PM
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    48 and ESO is my perfect time to unwind and it quietens the mind. Thanks for that.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • CaptainBones
    CaptainBones
    ✭✭
    10 to 20
    Turn 20 in october. Sometimes i ask myself whether i should maybe start doing something else with my life but everything i do i get bored of but i always come back to gaming and I'm pretty happy with it to be honest. I hope this game is still kicking in a decade. If it isn't i will still look back with very fond memories.
    Edited by CaptainBones on September 1, 2019 5:39PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    Don't younger kids these days play league of legends clones? or fortnite? They're into an entirely different style

My brother's GF's son who's like, 10 or 11 is obsessed with Fortnite. I worry for his future when you let a child that hasnt even hit puberty yet play a game where you kill people for fun.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20 to 30
    28 here.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    afterlife
    Immortals...
  • ms_sophysticated
    30 to 40
    I will be 32 this month and I play everyday. It’s very relaxing most days.
    Console/SERVER:PS4/NA
    CHARACTER INFO:
    mssophysticated-khajit-Stamina-Nightbliade
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    25 here

This!

However, at 25 anyone over say 40-ish seems old lol :D

When you hit 40, 25 will seem young
    Beta tester November 2013
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 to 20
    Yeah age does matter.
    Edited by TheRealSniker on September 2, 2019 2:55AM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios