Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

poll: Age of players - Does age matter ?

• SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    30 to 40
    I'm 33. First started gaming on the NES and remember when PC games came on 5.25'' floppy discs. Playing the new God of War right now. Things have come a long way.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    I'm 33. First started gaming on the NES and remember when PC games came on 5.25'' floppy discs. Playing the new God of War right now. Things have come a long way.

Very similar to me. I'm 34, the NES was my first console too. My first gaming experience though was sitting on my father's lap with 5 or so, while he played "The Secret of Monkey Island". Good memories. He's 63 now and still a gamer, too, so I'm not really that surprised that the older folks are still at it. I don't think I'll ever stop gaming either. I just didn't really expect this age range on ESO, I guess, because the things I read in zone chat (or often here in the forum, too) kind of led me to believe otherwise. ;)
    Edited by CassandraGemini on December 4, 2019 12:05AM
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    70 to 80

Very similar to me. I'm 34, the NES was my first console too. My first gaming experience though was sitting on my father's lap with 5 or so, while he played "The Secret of Monkey Island". Good memories. He's 63 now and still a gamer, too, so I'm not really that surprised that the older folks are still at it. I don't think I'll ever stop gaming either. I just didn't really expect this age range on ESO, I guess, because the things I read in zone chat (or often here in the forum, too) kind of led me to believe otherwise. ;)

Heh. I enjoyed that game. I played it on a friend's console - my only experience with consoles ever. He's my daughter's age, at the time they were early 20s, but he just loved consoles far more than PCs like he was using at work (they're in their early 50s now). My daughter didn't play computer games until she was nearly 40, but now, she and her husband and girls all play a variety of MMOs and single player games. Including Skyrim.... we ALL love Skyrim!
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love you all.
    Never change. :)
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Heh. I enjoyed that game. I played it on a friend's console - my only experience with consoles ever. He's my daughter's age, at the time they were early 20s, but he just loved consoles far more than PCs like he was using at work (they're in their early 50s now). My daughter didn't play computer games until she was nearly 40, but now, she and her husband and girls all play a variety of MMOs and single player games. Including Skyrim.... we ALL love Skyrim!

Yeah, I enjoyed it, too - especially when I was old enough to actually play it myself. I still quote some of the Sword Master's insults when I have the opportunity. And Skyrim really is a modern classic, pretty much everyone loves it. My Dad played it, my little brother played it, my husband - who is, of course, a gamer as well - played it, and even my Mom tried it for a bit, even though the only gaming she's ever done before was King's Quest, years ago, with my Dad. I'll probably even make my son try it, when he's old enough. He's 3 now, so that'll be a little while, but we'll see :)
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    70 to 80
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Yeah, I enjoyed it, too - especially when I was old enough to actually play it myself. I still quote some of the Sword Master's insults when I have the opportunity. And Skyrim really is a modern classic, pretty much everyone loves it. My Dad played it, my little brother played it, my husband - who is, of course, a gamer as well - played it, and even my Mom tried it for a bit, even though the only gaming she's ever done before was King's Quest, years ago, with my Dad. I'll probably even make my son try it, when he's old enough. He's 3 now, so that'll be a little while, but we'll see :)

Thing is.... as an older gamer, I should WANT to introduce my family/progeny to fun. Serious. Games ARE fun (well.... unless someone's just got weird issues). I want everyone I know to understand that the reason I play games like this one - is because I have fun.

If it's not FUN.... WHY is anyone doing it?
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    37 in two weeks
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure ... if I'm 70, do I pick 60-70 or 70-80?
    Age doesn't matter... I have met 12 year olds that are more mature than so called adults in online games.

As a 70-year-old who mostly PvPs, some days age does matter. :D Slower reflexes are a real thing. On the other hand, if I kill you, you've been killed by an aging woman.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    Whoever votes 10-20 is getting banned OOOF
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    34yr old US Marine here. I play when I can. And when I do get time to play, I don't stop. Haha.
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    32 year old professor. I really use the game to help turn my mind off my research and teaching, cause that can be overwhelming at times.
    Edited by FinneganFroth on December 5, 2019 11:15PM
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Age is matter.
    Everyone who's younger than me have a bad manners and doesn't know anything about life. And those, who older than me.. well, the old has to give way to the young
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    afterlife
    Nop, it doesn't, the contents does. Fools and jerks come in all ages :D
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    afterlife
    I dont understand why is the 10-20 pol when it should had been 18-20 the starting one...people keep to forget this is an M rated game aka mature...yet we get people complaining here about underaged children that play it and why is not more friendly towards them? bad luck...send them to WoW...in Nirn he need more gore and brutality and more !@#$ to live up to the Rating of the game(Rip skyrim executions and dismemberments)