The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

poll: Age of players - Does age matter ?

• oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    At the age where I play mmos and ignore whatever goes on in chat.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    45 and still enjoying gaming! Raised/raising my kids as gamers. :)

But with the current state of the industry and the ever-increasing greed of game companies (charging more, for less and less product), I despair that this hobby I love may no longer be worth engaging with in another decade or so.

I really hope the next singleplayer TES title is worth buying and playing, but Bethesda has me worried, with their current practices. And my beloved BioWare, the company that made my absolute favorite games for so many years! RIP :cry:
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    Just turned 21
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 to 60
    Just turned 55, been playing video games since 1976, so 43 years now since Dad bought that Atari console. Gone through, ZX Spectrum, Commodore Vic 20, C64, Commodore Amiga 500, 600, 1500, then graduated to the PC which was a real let down after the amazing Amiga, but over the years caught up with the Amiga and by Win 95 was about as good IIRC. Then through every incarnation of Windows gaming right up to the best one W10 we have now.

My current computer CPU is 1200 times faster than my Speccy and has 2 million times the memory, incredible. Loved gaming and escape from reality for over 40 years but in the meantime did manage to knock out 3 great kids, two wives, countless jobs and now run my own business where I can game all day and not get told off. Haha, 14 years old at heart and that's where I will be until I die.
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • Bunny_guar
    Bunny_guar
    ✭✭
    20 to 30
    If I multiply 23 by 3, I'd be 69 years of age if I were an Altmer.

Just an adolescent elf, if 300 years is considered very, very old in Altmer society. 😃
    Edited by Bunny_guar on September 2, 2019 8:12AM
    Azura's blessings upon you, Traveler.
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    38! :)
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    42.... I’d like have liked to have stopped at 40 tbh.....
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    Really interesting to see how few under 20 year old folk play...

Nice even spread among 20-50... :)
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    22, already got grey patches in my hair.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Komputerheld
    Komputerheld
    ✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    48... that means I would have been allowed to play this game for 30 years.... omg, cp 5000 :D
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    Pushing 50 hard.

GULP

lol
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    50 to 60
    Our house was the first house to have a "Pong" game on our street. All my friends and neighbors came over to play. I think the Viet Nam war had recently ended, or was about to end. My friends across the street got an Atari when it came out, and everyone moved to their house to play videos games. When D & D was released in a blue box, my brother brought it home and taught me how to play. Those who really know me, know I've been a gamer my whole life.
    Edited by beadabow on September 2, 2019 8:41AM
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    age matter for lootboxes
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    Nestor wrote: »
    I am 55 and my parents who are 22 to 25 years older than me play. Your only as old as you act.

Then there's probably a -lot- of 10-20 year olds running around by the way many of the players seem to act.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    I'm pretty amused how many adult players we have after seeing all those troll and flaming posts here :) I guess in the end we all are savages.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • gamergirldk
    gamergirldk
    ✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    44 and stil going strong
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    Mayrael wrote: »
    I'm pretty amused how many adult players we have after seeing all those troll and flaming posts here :) I guess in the end we all are savages.

This polled is skewed. Those posters won't reveal their true age here, and the older posters here know better to respond to those such posts. It's not an accurate reflection.
  • ruengdet2515
    ruengdet2515
    ✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    start this game Feb,14,2018 @ 46y
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    68 years young. The only problem age brings is joint health which is why DPS weaving is not a good idea....so Tank or Healer for me
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it doesn't when adults in the game are acting like kids. Immaturity doesn't know age, it seems.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40

Though honestly, I've never grown up :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    I guess it doesn't when adults in the game are acting like kids. Immaturity doesn't know age, it seems.

Agree - I 'm the veteran of quite a few online fora for different subjects and people of all ages behave from impressively well to appallingly.

Age won't tell you what you'll get.

Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    I just turned 27. Playing with this community has made me truly enjoy my now and future youth, and has made me less afraid to grow old due to how great the older playerbase is.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    Age certainly does not matter, but it is really interesting to see how mature the ESO player base is. Great stuff!
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    21 here :# sadly i only met very few people in their early twenties or below 20 who were interested in eso :(
    a bunch of friends gave it a try but didn't stick around :'(
    PC EU
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    Happy to see the diverse result of this poll!
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    same as life outside Tamriel,

age matters, because of maturity and how people handle things, sorry I wont accept I am 20 and mature. If you are mature then you are the problem :p . normal cases my generation is the first generation that meets multiplayer, if they lucky their father/ big brother/cousin were somehow involved in gaming , hold their hands. (my mentor in FPS is 60+ now but that was rare)

wait, is there a life outside Tamriel?
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20 to 30
    age certainly doesn't matter, people younger than you are more than capable of displaying more maturity than you. there's certainly something of what i can only describe as a cultural divide that i tend to run into in people in their teens as i have difficulty having a conversation or relating to most things that teenagers talk about though.

i doubt that's entirely relevant to eso though. my point is that boomers need to get off their high horses
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    Age doesn’t matter. When I was younger, I mostly interacted with people older than me, now the spectrum has just broadened. :) I have spoken with people under twenty who were very thoughtful and mature. Age and more particularly experience can impart some things but it doesn’t always and I have known plenty in their forties who create silly drama, etc.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    60 to 70
    Browiseth wrote: »
    age certainly doesn't matter, people younger than you are more than capable of displaying more maturity than you. there's certainly something of what i can only describe as a cultural divide that i tend to run into in people in their teens as i have difficulty having a conversation or relating to most things that teenagers talk about though.

i doubt that's entirely relevant to eso though. my point is that boomers need to get off their high horses

@Browiseth

I'm just curious...........which "high horses" would that be?
    Edited by Hippie4927 on September 3, 2019 9:43AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️