The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

poll: Age of players - Does age matter ?

• Moonfalcon462
    Moonfalcon462
    ✭✭
    40 to 50
    Age doesn't matter... I have met 12 year olds that are more mature than so called adults in online games.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m 24 but age doesn’t matter imo I meet all kinds of awesome people in eso. And of course the occasional toxic players these types usually just make me laugh though 😂😂
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    There's a big majority of 20s and older, however whenever a hissing match starts in zone chat or the forums everyone involved is suddenly a "kid".
    This made me laugh because it’s so true lmfao 😂😭😂
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the age of ESO players I guess we all have to work on our communicational culture to make chat window messages more like these:
    - Mr. Jenkins, good evening! I beg my pardon, could you set a camp to the east of Chalman Keep? I guess those aldmeri gentlemen might ambush us inside the main structure.
    - Esteemed colleagues! Please, follow Mr. Brown the group leader!

I guess we also have to reach a global agreement to crown emperors, win campaigns by turns :D.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on September 4, 2019 9:59AM
  • Moonfalcon462
    Moonfalcon462
    ✭✭
    40 to 50
    just curious to the average age of eso players out there ?

If possible I would change the poll choices to:
    6 to 8
    9 to 11
    12 to 15
    16 to 19
    20 to 29
    30 to 39
    40 to 49
    50 to 59
    60 to 69
    70 to 79
    80 and older
    Edited by Moonfalcon462 on September 4, 2019 1:14PM
  • Thessalia
    Thessalia
    ✭✭
    10 to 20
    This is really interesting! I never meet people at my own age (I’m 19) and I only meet older people! It seems that eso is not so popular with the younger audience!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does age matter with what?

If OP is asking about being a solid player then not really. I’ve seen very top raid groups have college aged to mature middle aged with grown children.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    40's for me, but my kid also plays, sh'es 14.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    bmnoble wrote: »
    Mind you he will still hover over my shoulder anytime he wants me to look something up for him online.

It is largely generational still. What you're seeing is a minority group that have congregated with each other to have fun. In general, just because a majority of a group feels that way, it doesn't mean that there isn't dissent. It also doesn't mean that the minority group is necessarily small in number!
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    To any older gamer out there, you are awesome, never give up on gaming!

I will turn 30 in a few months, and if my health allows it, I can still see myself playing in my 70s, especially with ESO (and other Elder Scrolls games since I am very new to the franchise)
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    50 to 60
    51, just a couple of weeks ago.
    Some days I feel it, some days I don't.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure ... if I'm 70, do I pick 60-70 or 70-80?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    @Imryll

If your birthday is in 6 months or less, pick 70-80. If your birthday was more recent, pick 60-70.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    Really interesting - and pretty cool actually - that there are so comparatively many 'older' people around. But honestly, no, I don't think age matters a whole lot. When I look into my guild chats I oftentimes see people who I know are in their mid-thirties like me make jokes that would work better coming out of the mouths of 14-year olds, but then there is also a 16-year old in one of my guilds who's very mature and we get along great. So, no, physical age matters little.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    50 to 60
    I will play games until I die. They will have to pry my MMO Mouse out of my stiff cold fingers before I quit.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure no one wants to run dungeons with a 5 year old that doesn't know how to use skills. No offense to the 5 year old.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this poll tells me is that there are like SIX HUNDRED PEOPLE WHO ANSWER POLL QUESTIONS BUT DON'T PARTICIPATE IN THE BEST ZONE COMPETITION DAGNABBIT
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    source.gif

I'm 32 going on 33.

Age is kinda- eh most days? I feel like I wish I had my stuff straight like I do now, when I was younger.

IDC about other players ages as long as they arn't actively being tools.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lore; breadth; & depth of this game - at it’s Community peak - reaches Squeaker to Creaker.

S.
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    omg so MANY BOOMERS
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20 to 30
    Just turned 26 a few days ago :)
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    50 to 60
    Hotel6 wrote: »
    omg so MANY BOOMERS

Hey! Watch your mouth! A lot of us are GenX.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    omg so MANY BOOMERS

ok zoomer
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    30 to 40
    Not sure if I'm classed as just about gen x or the very early millennial. 1981. I like to think I'm gen x because the stereotypical millennial are cringe worthy.
    Edited by Neoealth on December 1, 2019 8:56AM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    60 to 70
    I’m old as dirt. First computer was a TRS-80 Model I (Z80 processor) with 4K Ram and 4K Microsoft Basic ROM. Also played around with an Altair a buddy had when I was in the military. Now my computer is a I9 9900K with 16GB and 1080ti graphics card. Lots of changes over the years in gaming, that’s for sure.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    30 to 40
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    I’m old as dirt. First computer was a TRS-80 Model I (Z80 processor) with 4K Ram and 4K Microsoft Basic ROM. Also played around with an Altair a buddy had when I was in the military. Now my computer is a I9 9900K with 16GB and 1080ti graphics card. Lots of changes over the years in gaming, that’s for sure.

I9, that must of set you back a pretty penny.
  • Norgh
    Norgh
    ✭✭✭
    50 to 60
    Knocking on the door of 60, so no spring chicken and sadly arthritis causes me issues so I just stick to PVE questing, public dungeons, delves and dolmens.
    Xbox EU-UK Xbox Series X
  • Forgaldir
    Forgaldir
    ✭✭
    50 to 60
    56+
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    omg so MANY BOOMERS

And gen X. I am actually a unique subset of gen X apparently .
    * I can operate every type of phone from rotary to smartphone.
    * I can navigate DOS and have owned every version of windows except 8( because i avoided it like the plague).
    * I can get magnetic tape out of the players, usually without to much damage. I can also rewind one using a pencil.
    * The walkman in Guardians of the Galaxy... I owned one.
    * I remember when Yahoo use to be a community hub for the internet instead of the news regurgitator it is now. It use to be really awesome.
    * I know what a fax machine and the internet sound like when they are talking on the phone.
    * I know what a fax machine is and how to use one!
    * 56k internet was fast when i was a teenager.
    * 4-8 weeks was your expected delivery time on orders and it was through snail mail. 24 hour delivery times was like flying cars.
    * Search engines use to be dumb. It was all keywords and you had to enter terms a certain way.
    * Some of my first computer games were on 5.25 inch floppies.
    * A 40 inch tv was huge. It took 4 weightlifters and a furniture dolly to move it. I just carried one down stairs under 1 arm.
    * My friend had one of the first cell phones, a car phone. It came in a briefcase you could pack enough in for a long weekend.
    * Pagers and payphones. That was high tech.
    * Myspace use to be an online storage site.
    * I grew up in a time without social media. When you were forced to learn social interaction skills by actually interacting with people. I tend to stay away from social media mostly, its not good for you.
    * I remember thinking netflix would go out of business because why would you order movies through the mail when you can just go to blockbuster?
    * Malls use to be the go to gathering place... and parties but we wont talk about those.
    * Paying bills was a hassle and could take an entire day. I dont even get bills now. People just take money out of my bank account when they need it. I write about 2 checks a year but can use paypal, cash app, venmo, etc.
    * Texting on a flip phone sucked, but using landlines to talk to your friends really sucked.
    * I owned an original Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, etc on down the line up to the Wii. PS2,3, and 4. Sega. I tried to go back but its not the same. Those video games are terrible now.
    * My first MMO was text based in the late 90s. It was so simple. It is to ESO what "Tic Tac Toe" is to Dungeons and Dragons.
    * My wife went on a business trip about a thousand miles away one time. She was using her smartphone to start our car, open our garage door, turn lights on and off and other nonsense. If you were in a house 20 years ago and that stuff was happening without you doing it, you would have called a priest.
    * All of my christmas decorations are either on a smart plug, timer, or remote. i dont have to turn anything off manually. The only way not to turn something off manually 20 years ago was to let the batteries die.

A lot has changed in 20 years tech wise.
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    bearbelly wrote: »
    omg so MANY BOOMERS

Hey! Watch your mouth! A lot of us are GenX.

I still dont follow all these Gen abc thing XD