The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

poll: Age of players - Does age matter ?

• Grymmoire
    Grymmoire
    ✭✭✭✭
    These age polls have been done before, but always nice to see updates. However, even disregarding the supposed minimum age requirement set by ZOS, you poll age brackets overlap.

A better distribution would be 0-10; 11-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49 etc. In that manner, it would provide more clarity to one like me who is exactly 70 years old, also allowing for anyone up to your current minimum 10 year old bracket to be counted.

Would be interesting to see how many admit to that minimum age grouping.
    Edited by Grymmoire on September 3, 2019 8:26AM
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    Didn't surprise me to see 10-20 gap is so few, I kinda like that young bloods go for battle royale, MOBA etc. instead of MMORPGs.
    Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
    Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
    Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
    CP: 680
    EU PSN: Style3513
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25-35 y.o probably smartest ones. They understand dungeon mechanics (for example) in no time, within first try usually.

Situation when older players with low CP can play waaaaaay better then younger players with high CP.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    Level 40 here.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    70 to 80
    Great to see 5 of us over 70's are playing. My alias gives my age away, had some-one the other day say to me "OMG you were born a year after WWII ended"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    afterlife
    ajm1946 wrote: »
    Great to see 5 of us over 70's are playing. My alias gives my age away, had some-one the other day say to me "OMG you were born a year after WWII ended"

Things have changed a lot since then.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    50 to 60
    I'm 59 , age is but a number...... The big 60 next year :)
  • preamp
    preamp
    ✭✭
    40 to 50
    I'm old enough to remember gaming online with dial-up, from Australia to the US. Talk about lag...LOL
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    70 to 80
    preamp wrote: »
    I'm old enough to remember gaming online with dial-up, from Australia to the US. Talk about lag...LOL

Hell I remember when there were no computors, no email, no internet and we wrote in longhand.
    Edited by ajm1946 on September 3, 2019 10:38AM
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    AndyMac wrote: »
    Pushing 50 hard.

GULP

lol

Me too. Guys our age would rather play than argue in chat or on forums. Probably because most of us have been long married by that time and get enough verbal thrashing from our wives that we use the game to escape from. Hah!

Sometimes I can tell how old or young someone is from their chat comments. Not their specific age but I can tell if it's a teenager or older guy like me. When us older guys connect in chat it makes the game friendlier and easy-going.
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • OmegaRealities
    40 to 50
    Browiseth wrote: »
    age certainly doesn't matter, people younger than you are more than capable of displaying more maturity than you. there's certainly something of what i can only describe as a cultural divide that i tend to run into in people in their teens as i have difficulty having a conversation or relating to most things that teenagers talk about though.

i doubt that's entirely relevant to eso though. my point is that boomers need to get off their high horses

And some millennials need to stop thinking that they are the center of the universe.
  • Kamchuk
    Kamchuk
    ✭✭✭
    60 to 70
    Some of the models of the computers I used to write assembly language programs for are now in the Smithsonian in DC. Needless to say I don't go there anymore, I play ESO whenever I can instead. Just goes to show this game is for the young at heart.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    60 to 70
    what, do people forget every month how old players are?

How often does this need to be brought up?

:#
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    40 to 50
    It’s either ESO or Bingo down at the VFW.
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    Im in my 40s but I identify as an 85 year old...at least that's how old my body feels.

Wish I would have seen the "afterlife" option before I clicked on "40-50" LOL
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    40 to 50
    49 and no, age doesn't matter. Everyone should be able to have fun.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    60 to 70
    3%

66 this May just gone :)
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    60 to 70
    If a deaf, dumb and blind kid can play pinball, I can manage ESO.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    afterlife

Hell I remember when there were no computors, no email, no internet and we wrote in longhand.

I thought these sorts of rumors were put to bed! Here you go dredging them up again! No internet. Sheesh. :D
    barney2525 wrote: »

Many of the players are older, you know... memory problems. Second thing to go.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    60 to 70

I thought these sorts of rumors were put to bed! Here you go dredging them up again! No internet. Sheesh. :D
    barney2525 wrote: »

Many of the players are older, you know... memory problems. Second thing to go.

Remind me again......what's the first thing?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    afterlife
    There is no age on the internet.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Browiseth wrote: »
    age certainly doesn't matter, people younger than you are more than capable of displaying more maturity than you. there's certainly something of what i can only describe as a cultural divide that i tend to run into in people in their teens as i have difficulty having a conversation or relating to most things that teenagers talk about though.

i doubt that's entirely relevant to eso though. my point is that boomers need to get off their high horses

@Browiseth

I'm just curious...........which "high horses" would that be?

Clydesdales, gotta be Clydesdales.
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    40 to 50
    GreenhaloX wrote: »

Me too. Guys our age would rather play than argue in chat or on forums. Probably because most of us have been long married by that time and get enough verbal thrashing from our wives that we use the game to escape from. Hah!

Sometimes I can tell how old or young someone is from their chat comments. Not their specific age but I can tell if it's a teenager or older guy like me. When us older guys connect in chat it makes the game friendlier and easy-going.

True - by our age we should have worked out that video games are just for fun and there’s almost nothing in them that’s worth raging about.
    Edited by AndyMac on September 3, 2019 10:08PM
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It matter$
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "A myriad of men are born; they labor and sweat and struggle; ...they squabble and scold and fight; they scramble for little mean advantages over each other; age creeps upon them; infirmities follow; ...those they love are taken from them, and the joy of life is turned to aching grief. It comes at last - the only unpoisoned gift earth ever had for them - and they vanish from a world where they were of no consequence, ...a world which will lament them a day and forget them forever."

- goes under Mark Twain.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 to 60
    Been playing video games since Pong, my longtime tech companion had been the Atari VCR/2600, but I finally decided to get a PC for Wolfenstein 3D.
    Since then I have been gaming on pretty much all platforms, testing games and dabbling in bush league eSports events until my reflexes went downhill shortly after the start of the current millennium. Thankfully, my son is taking after me regarding my love for all things video game and is holding up that banner nowadays xD.

I am still gaming at VR 4, though not competitively anmore. Nowadays single-player RPGs, soloable MMORPGs and immersive sims are my favorite game genres.

As for age in respect to gaming culture... in my experience, the RPG community (including that of MMORPGs) is generally a friendlier and more relaxed lot than that of the shooter/MOBA community. They also tend to be older on average, but I do not know if advanced age is the reason for being more relaxed or if RPGs generally attract a milder crowd due to the type of game.

I have met both very young (single-digit age) and very old (80+) gamers both off- and online, and there have been more and less sociable individuals among both groups.

One of the funniest moments was when a guild lieutenant recruited me in SWTOR early one Sunday morning. After chatting for a bit, I said goodbye and that I had to wake up hubby and kid. The guild lieutenant was ... astonished, to say the least, and asked how old my kid was. When I replied '9', he fell silent for a while. Well, it turned out he was 12, and he was totally shocked about my advanced age (I wasn't even Veteran Rank back then), because 'old people don't play video games!'

Well, they obviously do :).
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • veil_
    veil_
    ✭✭✭
    30 to 40
    Millenials represent
  • coradaelu
    coradaelu
    ✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    Just reached the 30s and I was feeling too old to play videogames.. this makes me feel better :p
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 to 30
    It's funny because as it overlaps, you can choose to look younger or older.
    I recently got promoted to this category and can't choose the previous one anymore. When I started playing, I was 16.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH