Maintenance for the week of July 15:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 15, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 15, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 15, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
Cast Timed Ultimates Discussion
I want to talk about the cast time of Ultimates, from I felt in PTS.
- The cast time is very noticeable. Players with higher ping will find it significantly harder to land ultimates. It is very hard to land ultimates without CC on PTS as you can pretty much walk away during the animation and break the range, without even dodge rolling.
- During lag already, even instant single-target abilities often fail to register. Dizzying Swing builds find it very hard to register hits with the slightest lag. Same thing will happening to ultimates in PvP.
- Even when paired with CC, it is seriously easy to break free and dodge/block ultimates.
- Some players might feel that it might make it easier for newer and average players to react to ultimates. On the other hand, if we look at live for example, it is newer and average players who mostly fall victim to cast-timed builds like Dizzying builds. It will not make much of a difference to good players when fighting weaker opponents outside of being an inconvenience and degrade the standard of gameplay. On the other hand, the average players won't be able to touch better players with ults.
- One justification some players is that it is to balance Onslaught. If Onslaught is overpowered without cast time, then it should balanced by standard means, rather than slap a cast time on all burst ultimates. If that is not an option, then maybe then only put cast time on Onslaught.
- All this will do is increase the performance gap with between high-ping players and low-ping players significantly.
- If cast-timed ultimates must stay, then they should applied to all burst ultimates, including Leap and Radial Sweep.