Maintenance for the week of February 17:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 17
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – February 18, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 19, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 19, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)

Cast Timed Ultimates Discussion

  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    (ultimates already have good telegraphs on live)

    Not those that are getting the cast times added, for just that reason.

    So you've subtly moved from "newbies should be given a fighting chance without learning to evade ultimates" to "those ultimates were OP and deserved a nerf". Mmkay. I see where you're coming from. ^^

    Nice straw man. I never said newbies should not have to learn how to evade ultimates. What i actually said is that a newbie will learn more if the fight isnt over in the first couple of seconds.

    And i also did not say "those ultimates were OP and deserved a nerf". What i actually said is that they were given cast times because they did not have telegraphs.

    But please, dont let that stop you from putting words into my mouth.

    ...and you've shown those spectacular selective comprehension issues by ignoring the point that evading ultimates is part of the fight. ^^

    For that, there would have to be a fight in the firstplace. If the newbie gets deleted by an animation canceled dawnbreaker right at the start, there is no fight.

    And if you're being intentionally obtuse by trying to depict things as though "...did not have telegraphs" and "deserved a nerf" is the same

    I never used the words "deserved a nerf", that was you, trying to pin a meaning to my words that they never had. Another straw man for the collection.

    if they're getting deleted by a single ult combo, there wasn't going to be a "fight" in the first place.

    Thats kinda the whole point. That the newbies wont learn anything unless they actually get to fight.
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Go play another MMO if you're looking for slow combat.

    Go play call of duty if you're looking for instagibs.

    Or you know newbies can do just like 98% of the population....join a LFG, learn the game and keeping buffs up that way, slowly ween yourself from zerging and become better at self sustaining.


    Everything shouldn’t be handed to a player just because they’re new. They should learn the game like everyone else had to at some point and learning to counter.

    And then you wonder why PvP is so unpopular.

    I mean, this game has what? 10 millions active accounts?

    And I know most of the people in cyrodiil by name.

    Literally everything is handed to new players these days. Learning to play the game shouldn’t be handed to them.

    No, it should not. But they also should not get oneshot by animation-cancelled ultimate combos.

    Why do you think meteor has such an obvious advanced warning? Serious question.
    Meteor is such a bad outdated ultimate and you’re comparing apples to oranges when comparing that ultimate considering the designs are completely different.

    No. I am comparing one high damage ultimate to another high damage ultimate.

    Since you are not going to answer the question, i will. Meteor has a huge advanced warning to allow for counterplay.

    The mechanics of meteor are different than dawbnreaker because one is a telegraph and that’s why it has that indicator. To be honest the telegraph needs to be sped up because in its current state meteor is dog crap.

    A better comparison would be crescent sweep vs dawnbreaker. Crescent hits as hard as dawnbreaker but received no cast time, why is that?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    (ultimates already have good telegraphs on live)

    Not those that are getting the cast times added, for just that reason.

    So you've subtly moved from "newbies should be given a fighting chance without learning to evade ultimates" to "those ultimates were OP and deserved a nerf". Mmkay. I see where you're coming from. ^^

    Nice straw man. I never said newbies should not have to learn how to evade ultimates. What i actually said is that a newbie will learn more if the fight isnt over in the first couple of seconds.

    And i also did not say "those ultimates were OP and deserved a nerf". What i actually said is that they were given cast times because they did not have telegraphs.

    But please, dont let that stop you from putting words into my mouth.

    ...and you've shown those spectacular selective comprehension issues by ignoring the point that evading ultimates is part of the fight. ^^

    For that, there would have to be a fight in the firstplace. If the newbie gets deleted by an animation canceled dawnbreaker right at the start, there is no fight.

    And if you're being intentionally obtuse by trying to depict things as though "...did not have telegraphs" and "deserved a nerf" is the same

    I never used the words "deserved a nerf", that was you, trying to pin a meaning to my words that they never had. Another straw man for the collection.

    if they're getting deleted by a single ult combo, there wasn't going to be a "fight" in the first place.

    Thats kinda the whole point. That the newbies wont learn anything unless they actually get to fight.
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Go play another MMO if you're looking for slow combat.

    Go play call of duty if you're looking for instagibs.

    Or you know newbies can do just like 98% of the population....join a LFG, learn the game and keeping buffs up that way, slowly ween yourself from zerging and become better at self sustaining.


    Everything shouldn’t be handed to a player just because they’re new. They should learn the game like everyone else had to at some point and learning to counter.

    And then you wonder why PvP is so unpopular.

    I mean, this game has what? 10 millions active accounts?

    And I know most of the people in cyrodiil by name.

    Literally everything is handed to new players these days. Learning to play the game shouldn’t be handed to them.

    No, it should not. But they also should not get oneshot by animation-cancelled ultimate combos.

    Why do you think meteor has such an obvious advanced warning? Serious question.
    Meteor is such a bad outdated ultimate and you’re comparing apples to oranges when comparing that ultimate considering the designs are completely different.

    No. I am comparing one high damage ultimate to another high damage ultimate.

    Since you are not going to answer the question, i will. Meteor has a huge advanced warning to allow for counterplay.

    The mechanics of meteor are different than dawbnreaker because one is a telegraph and that’s why it has that indicator. To be honest the telegraph needs to be sped up because in its current state meteor is dog crap.

    A better comparison would be crescent sweep vs dawnbreaker. Crescent hits as hard as dawnbreaker but received no cast time, why is that?

    They haven't gotten to it yet?
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    (ultimates already have good telegraphs on live)

    Not those that are getting the cast times added, for just that reason.

    So you've subtly moved from "newbies should be given a fighting chance without learning to evade ultimates" to "those ultimates were OP and deserved a nerf". Mmkay. I see where you're coming from. ^^

    Nice straw man. I never said newbies should not have to learn how to evade ultimates. What i actually said is that a newbie will learn more if the fight isnt over in the first couple of seconds.

    And i also did not say "those ultimates were OP and deserved a nerf". What i actually said is that they were given cast times because they did not have telegraphs.

    But please, dont let that stop you from putting words into my mouth.

    ...and you've shown those spectacular selective comprehension issues by ignoring the point that evading ultimates is part of the fight. ^^

    For that, there would have to be a fight in the firstplace. If the newbie gets deleted by an animation canceled dawnbreaker right at the start, there is no fight.

    And if you're being intentionally obtuse by trying to depict things as though "...did not have telegraphs" and "deserved a nerf" is the same

    I never used the words "deserved a nerf", that was you, trying to pin a meaning to my words that they never had. Another straw man for the collection.

    if they're getting deleted by a single ult combo, there wasn't going to be a "fight" in the first place.

    Thats kinda the whole point. That the newbies wont learn anything unless they actually get to fight.
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Go play another MMO if you're looking for slow combat.

    Go play call of duty if you're looking for instagibs.

    Or you know newbies can do just like 98% of the population....join a LFG, learn the game and keeping buffs up that way, slowly ween yourself from zerging and become better at self sustaining.


    Everything shouldn’t be handed to a player just because they’re new. They should learn the game like everyone else had to at some point and learning to counter.

    And then you wonder why PvP is so unpopular.

    I mean, this game has what? 10 millions active accounts?

    And I know most of the people in cyrodiil by name.

    Literally everything is handed to new players these days. Learning to play the game shouldn’t be handed to them.

    No, it should not. But they also should not get oneshot by animation-cancelled ultimate combos.

    Why do you think meteor has such an obvious advanced warning? Serious question.
    Meteor is such a bad outdated ultimate and you’re comparing apples to oranges when comparing that ultimate considering the designs are completely different.

    No. I am comparing one high damage ultimate to another high damage ultimate.

    Since you are not going to answer the question, i will. Meteor has a huge advanced warning to allow for counterplay.

    The mechanics of meteor are different than dawbnreaker because one is a telegraph and that’s why it has that indicator. To be honest the telegraph needs to be sped up because in its current state meteor is dog crap.

    A better comparison would be crescent sweep vs dawnbreaker. Crescent hits as hard as dawnbreaker but received no cast time, why is that?

    They haven't gotten to it yet?

    They set a standard amongst hard hitting ultimates. If they’re not going to add that standard to all ultimates then don’t add it to any.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    (ultimates already have good telegraphs on live)

    Not those that are getting the cast times added, for just that reason.

    So you've subtly moved from "newbies should be given a fighting chance without learning to evade ultimates" to "those ultimates were OP and deserved a nerf". Mmkay. I see where you're coming from. ^^

    Nice straw man. I never said newbies should not have to learn how to evade ultimates. What i actually said is that a newbie will learn more if the fight isnt over in the first couple of seconds.

    And i also did not say "those ultimates were OP and deserved a nerf". What i actually said is that they were given cast times because they did not have telegraphs.

    But please, dont let that stop you from putting words into my mouth.

    ...and you've shown those spectacular selective comprehension issues by ignoring the point that evading ultimates is part of the fight. ^^

    For that, there would have to be a fight in the firstplace. If the newbie gets deleted by an animation canceled dawnbreaker right at the start, there is no fight.

    And if you're being intentionally obtuse by trying to depict things as though "...did not have telegraphs" and "deserved a nerf" is the same

    I never used the words "deserved a nerf", that was you, trying to pin a meaning to my words that they never had. Another straw man for the collection.

    if they're getting deleted by a single ult combo, there wasn't going to be a "fight" in the first place.

    Thats kinda the whole point. That the newbies wont learn anything unless they actually get to fight.
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Go play another MMO if you're looking for slow combat.

    Go play call of duty if you're looking for instagibs.

    Or you know newbies can do just like 98% of the population....join a LFG, learn the game and keeping buffs up that way, slowly ween yourself from zerging and become better at self sustaining.


    Everything shouldn’t be handed to a player just because they’re new. They should learn the game like everyone else had to at some point and learning to counter.

    And then you wonder why PvP is so unpopular.

    I mean, this game has what? 10 millions active accounts?

    And I know most of the people in cyrodiil by name.

    Literally everything is handed to new players these days. Learning to play the game shouldn’t be handed to them.

    No, it should not. But they also should not get oneshot by animation-cancelled ultimate combos.

    Why do you think meteor has such an obvious advanced warning? Serious question.
    Meteor is such a bad outdated ultimate and you’re comparing apples to oranges when comparing that ultimate considering the designs are completely different.

    No. I am comparing one high damage ultimate to another high damage ultimate.

    Since you are not going to answer the question, i will. Meteor has a huge advanced warning to allow for counterplay.

    The mechanics of meteor are different than dawbnreaker because one is a telegraph and that’s why it has that indicator. To be honest the telegraph needs to be sped up because in its current state meteor is dog crap.

    A better comparison would be crescent sweep vs dawnbreaker. Crescent hits as hard as dawnbreaker but received no cast time, why is that?

    They haven't gotten to it yet?

    They set a standard amongst hard hitting ultimates. If they’re not going to add that standard to all ultimates then don’t add it to any.

    Sure. But you cannot really expect the dev team to change ALL ultimates at once in a single patch (with the corresponding testing, bugfixing, cross-testing with other abilities, etc. etc.)

    I wouldnt be surprised at all if other ultimates (and abilities) got attention down the line.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    (ultimates already have good telegraphs on live)

    Not those that are getting the cast times added, for just that reason.

    So you've subtly moved from "newbies should be given a fighting chance without learning to evade ultimates" to "those ultimates were OP and deserved a nerf". Mmkay. I see where you're coming from. ^^

    Nice straw man. I never said newbies should not have to learn how to evade ultimates. What i actually said is that a newbie will learn more if the fight isnt over in the first couple of seconds.

    And i also did not say "those ultimates were OP and deserved a nerf". What i actually said is that they were given cast times because they did not have telegraphs.

    But please, dont let that stop you from putting words into my mouth.

    ...and you've shown those spectacular selective comprehension issues by ignoring the point that evading ultimates is part of the fight. ^^

    For that, there would have to be a fight in the firstplace. If the newbie gets deleted by an animation canceled dawnbreaker right at the start, there is no fight.

    And if you're being intentionally obtuse by trying to depict things as though "...did not have telegraphs" and "deserved a nerf" is the same

    I never used the words "deserved a nerf", that was you, trying to pin a meaning to my words that they never had. Another straw man for the collection.

    if they're getting deleted by a single ult combo, there wasn't going to be a "fight" in the first place.

    Thats kinda the whole point. That the newbies wont learn anything unless they actually get to fight.
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Go play another MMO if you're looking for slow combat.

    Go play call of duty if you're looking for instagibs.

    Or you know newbies can do just like 98% of the population....join a LFG, learn the game and keeping buffs up that way, slowly ween yourself from zerging and become better at self sustaining.


    Everything shouldn’t be handed to a player just because they’re new. They should learn the game like everyone else had to at some point and learning to counter.

    And then you wonder why PvP is so unpopular.

    I mean, this game has what? 10 millions active accounts?

    And I know most of the people in cyrodiil by name.

    Literally everything is handed to new players these days. Learning to play the game shouldn’t be handed to them.

    No, it should not. But they also should not get oneshot by animation-cancelled ultimate combos.

    Why do you think meteor has such an obvious advanced warning? Serious question.
    Meteor is such a bad outdated ultimate and you’re comparing apples to oranges when comparing that ultimate considering the designs are completely different.

    No. I am comparing one high damage ultimate to another high damage ultimate.

    Since you are not going to answer the question, i will. Meteor has a huge advanced warning to allow for counterplay.

    The mechanics of meteor are different than dawbnreaker because one is a telegraph and that’s why it has that indicator. To be honest the telegraph needs to be sped up because in its current state meteor is dog crap.

    A better comparison would be crescent sweep vs dawnbreaker. Crescent hits as hard as dawnbreaker but received no cast time, why is that?

    They haven't gotten to it yet?

    They set a standard amongst hard hitting ultimates. If they’re not going to add that standard to all ultimates then don’t add it to any.

    Sure. But you cannot really expect the dev team to change ALL ultimates at once in a single patch (with the corresponding testing, bugfixing, cross-testing with other abilities, etc. etc.)

    I wouldnt be surprised at all if other ultimates (and abilities) got attention down the line.

    Sure we can, they did it to a couple ultimates and it’s not that difficult to go through and do the same. 90% of what’s on initial pts release makes it to live anyway even if broken so does that really matter?


    Edited by Hashtag_ on July 29, 2019 3:57PM
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add cast time to all Ultimate Skills.
    Delete cast time idea if can not do it.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    (ultimates already have good telegraphs on live)

    Not those that are getting the cast times added, for just that reason.

    So you've subtly moved from "newbies should be given a fighting chance without learning to evade ultimates" to "those ultimates were OP and deserved a nerf". Mmkay. I see where you're coming from. ^^

    Nice straw man. I never said newbies should not have to learn how to evade ultimates. What i actually said is that a newbie will learn more if the fight isnt over in the first couple of seconds.

    And i also did not say "those ultimates were OP and deserved a nerf". What i actually said is that they were given cast times because they did not have telegraphs.

    But please, dont let that stop you from putting words into my mouth.

    ...and you've shown those spectacular selective comprehension issues by ignoring the point that evading ultimates is part of the fight. ^^

    For that, there would have to be a fight in the firstplace. If the newbie gets deleted by an animation canceled dawnbreaker right at the start, there is no fight.

    And if you're being intentionally obtuse by trying to depict things as though "...did not have telegraphs" and "deserved a nerf" is the same

    I never used the words "deserved a nerf", that was you, trying to pin a meaning to my words that they never had. Another straw man for the collection.

    if they're getting deleted by a single ult combo, there wasn't going to be a "fight" in the first place.

    Thats kinda the whole point. That the newbies wont learn anything unless they actually get to fight.
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Go play another MMO if you're looking for slow combat.

    Go play call of duty if you're looking for instagibs.

    Or you know newbies can do just like 98% of the population....join a LFG, learn the game and keeping buffs up that way, slowly ween yourself from zerging and become better at self sustaining.


    Everything shouldn’t be handed to a player just because they’re new. They should learn the game like everyone else had to at some point and learning to counter.

    And then you wonder why PvP is so unpopular.

    I mean, this game has what? 10 millions active accounts?

    And I know most of the people in cyrodiil by name.

    Literally everything is handed to new players these days. Learning to play the game shouldn’t be handed to them.

    No, it should not. But they also should not get oneshot by animation-cancelled ultimate combos.

    Why do you think meteor has such an obvious advanced warning? Serious question.
    Meteor is such a bad outdated ultimate and you’re comparing apples to oranges when comparing that ultimate considering the designs are completely different.

    No. I am comparing one high damage ultimate to another high damage ultimate.

    Since you are not going to answer the question, i will. Meteor has a huge advanced warning to allow for counterplay.

    The mechanics of meteor are different than dawbnreaker because one is a telegraph and that’s why it has that indicator. To be honest the telegraph needs to be sped up because in its current state meteor is dog crap.

    A better comparison would be crescent sweep vs dawnbreaker. Crescent hits as hard as dawnbreaker but received no cast time, why is that?

    They haven't gotten to it yet?

    They set a standard amongst hard hitting ultimates. If they’re not going to add that standard to all ultimates then don’t add it to any.

    Sure. But you cannot really expect the dev team to change ALL ultimates at once in a single patch (with the corresponding testing, bugfixing, cross-testing with other abilities, etc. etc.)

    I wouldnt be surprised at all if other ultimates (and abilities) got attention down the line.

    Sure we can, they did it to a couple ultimates and it’s not that difficult to go through and do the same. 90% of what’s on initial pts release makes it to live anyway even if broken so does that really matter?

    I have absolutely no idea how difficult that is because i have zero years of experience developing complex software like MMOs.
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee do you think that sweep and leap need cast times too?
    PC EU

    Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trian94 wrote: »
    Sharee do you think that sweep and leap need cast times too?

    As i see it the added cast time is there mainly to prevent animation cancelling the ultimates, and i dont think thats an issue with the leap.

    And i never had someone hit me with canceled sweep either that i can remember - in fact it is a rare ult to be hit with in general. Plus of course it does not stun.

    So i'd say neither really needs a cast time. But i've been surprised by the devs before.

  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »
    Slower game play with the performance issues should make it really fun to play..... they’re killing it

    Oh no 500ms is way to slow. Come on we have channeled attacks that are longer than this. Adapt and move on.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    You have no idea how easy pvp is today and working up to things. Back when imo started ap was harder than ever to gain, you had to get pvp rank 22-23 to even get vigor.

    Literally everything is handed to new players these days. Learning to play the game shouldn’t be handed to them.

    Yeah, not wanting to sound like the old back in my day gheezer, but this is absolutely true. AP is certainly a lot easier to get nowadays. I don't know if I would say that the PvP is easier. It's also a different game than when it started. some of it for the better and some not so much. Let's hope that the QuakeCon roadmap with the goals of improved performance really make a difference.

    Also, on topic. These cast times are a bad idea. Please revert.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cast times are always bad. Every time, always, bad. Even the current ones we've gotten used to would be better if they didn't exist.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Xbox One NA
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Trian94 wrote: »
    Sharee do you think that sweep and leap need cast times too?

    As i see it the added cast time is there mainly to prevent animation cancelling the ultimates, and i dont think thats an issue with the leap.

    And i never had someone hit me with canceled sweep either that i can remember - in fact it is a rare ult to be hit with in general. Plus of course it does not stun.

    So i'd say neither really needs a cast time. But i've been surprised by the devs before.

    So you're ignoring or simply don't know the fact that you can cast light attack execute or whip at the end of your leap nearly at the same time it lands or the fact that you can make sweep nearly invisible the same way you're saying a dawnbreaker can be animation cancelled

    If find it highly sus that everyone I've seen on the forums defending cast time on ultimates like incap and dawnbreaker conveniently forget about leap and sweep and get all for people not cancelling dawnbreakers. And it's not about the stun etc. Sweep does crazy amounts of DMG and you can make leave people wonder what hit them.
    PC EU

    Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trian94 wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Trian94 wrote: »
    Sharee do you think that sweep and leap need cast times too?

    As i see it the added cast time is there mainly to prevent animation cancelling the ultimates, and i dont think thats an issue with the leap.

    And i never had someone hit me with canceled sweep either that i can remember - in fact it is a rare ult to be hit with in general. Plus of course it does not stun.

    So i'd say neither really needs a cast time. But i've been surprised by the devs before.

    So you're ignoring or simply don't know the fact that you can cast light attack execute or whip at the end of your leap nearly at the same time it lands or the fact that you can make sweep nearly invisible the same way you're saying a dawnbreaker can be animation cancelled

    If find it highly sus that everyone I've seen on the forums defending cast time on ultimates like incap and dawnbreaker conveniently forget about leap and sweep and get all for people not cancelling dawnbreakers. And it's not about the stun etc. Sweep does crazy amounts of DMG and you can make leave people wonder what hit them.

    I must disappoint you - i am playing a magicka necro exclusively since elsweyr(and wasnt playing at all for half a year before that) so no sinister motives from me.
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Trian94 wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Trian94 wrote: »
    Sharee do you think that sweep and leap need cast times too?

    As i see it the added cast time is there mainly to prevent animation cancelling the ultimates, and i dont think thats an issue with the leap.

    And i never had someone hit me with canceled sweep either that i can remember - in fact it is a rare ult to be hit with in general. Plus of course it does not stun.

    So i'd say neither really needs a cast time. But i've been surprised by the devs before.

    So you're ignoring or simply don't know the fact that you can cast light attack execute or whip at the end of your leap nearly at the same time it lands or the fact that you can make sweep nearly invisible the same way you're saying a dawnbreaker can be animation cancelled

    If find it highly sus that everyone I've seen on the forums defending cast time on ultimates like incap and dawnbreaker conveniently forget about leap and sweep and get all for people not cancelling dawnbreakers. And it's not about the stun etc. Sweep does crazy amounts of DMG and you can make leave people wonder what hit them.

    I must disappoint you - i am playing a magicka necro exclusively since elsweyr(and wasnt playing at all for half a year before that) so no sinister motives from me.

    I mean no offense but I wouldn't take a side on a combat matter if I had to play the game for a whole year.

    Dot damage becoming the meta made the game's offense revolve around 3 buttons for most classes and defense being all about outhealing the other people's offense. This change is going to make another part of combat slower thus dot gameplay will be emphasized yet again.
    PC EU

    Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love the new cast times on ultimates, it's a good idea.
    and i hope its here to stay.
    best in slot: is the armor, weapon, clothing look, pet, or no pet, jewelry, race, class, skill choices, amount of DPS, and skin color best fit to you and the way you wish to play and makes you feel good and performs what YOU think it should be.

    worst in slot: what you read in zone chat, and forum comment, and forum thread, and you tube video, and live streamer advice, and class rep advice, and guild chat advice, and whisper told you to wear, and use for skill, and dress like, and use for weapon and armor.
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trian94 wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Trian94 wrote: »
    Sharee do you think that sweep and leap need cast times too?

    As i see it the added cast time is there mainly to prevent animation cancelling the ultimates, and i dont think thats an issue with the leap.

    And i never had someone hit me with canceled sweep either that i can remember - in fact it is a rare ult to be hit with in general. Plus of course it does not stun.

    So i'd say neither really needs a cast time. But i've been surprised by the devs before.

    So you're ignoring or simply don't know the fact that you can cast light attack execute or whip at the end of your leap nearly at the same time it lands or the fact that you can make sweep nearly invisible the same way you're saying a dawnbreaker can be animation cancelled

    If find it highly sus that everyone I've seen on the forums defending cast time on ultimates like incap and dawnbreaker conveniently forget about leap and sweep and get all for people not cancelling dawnbreakers. And it's not about the stun etc. Sweep does crazy amounts of DMG and you can make leave people wonder what hit them.

    The goal for ZoS is to make sure that animations for ultimate are seen. You will always see Leap. The animation does eat into the GCD, so you can seemingly queue the next LA-Skill faster. That isn't truly the case though. The overall time for LA-Skill > LA-Leap > LA-Skill is slightly slower that using DB. The leap animation is pretty long, even in melee range.

    The cast time idea makes sense for the ultimate, but may not be the best course of action, if ZoS wants animations to be seen. They should push back the time of application of effects, so the first .5s of the animation is always seen. This would still allow animation cancelling, adhere to the global CD, and slow down the ult cast a tad so the animation is still seen.
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trian94 wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Trian94 wrote: »
    Sharee do you think that sweep and leap need cast times too?

    As i see it the added cast time is there mainly to prevent animation cancelling the ultimates, and i dont think thats an issue with the leap.

    And i never had someone hit me with canceled sweep either that i can remember - in fact it is a rare ult to be hit with in general. Plus of course it does not stun.

    So i'd say neither really needs a cast time. But i've been surprised by the devs before.

    So you're ignoring or simply don't know the fact that you can cast light attack execute or whip at the end of your leap nearly at the same time it lands or the fact that you can make sweep nearly invisible the same way you're saying a dawnbreaker can be animation cancelled

    If find it highly sus that everyone I've seen on the forums defending cast time on ultimates like incap and dawnbreaker conveniently forget about leap and sweep and get all for people not cancelling dawnbreakers. And it's not about the stun etc. Sweep does crazy amounts of DMG and you can make leave people wonder what hit them.

    The goal for ZoS is to make sure that animations for ultimate are seen. You will always see Leap. The animation does eat into the GCD, so you can seemingly queue the next LA-Skill faster. That isn't truly the case though. The overall time for LA-Skill > LA-Leap > LA-Skill is slightly slower that using DB. The leap animation is pretty long, even in melee range.

    The cast time idea makes sense for the ultimate, but may not be the best course of action, if ZoS wants animations to be seen. They should push back the time of application of effects, so the first .5s of the animation is always seen. This would still allow animation cancelling, adhere to the global CD, and slow down the ult cast a tad so the animation is still seen.

    I'm just hoping you're right. And it doesn't cripple gameplay. Although these ultimates will not function during prime time for sure.
    PC EU

    Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it’s going to cripple game play because cast times in lag are complete dog crap.
Sign In or Register to comment.