The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Future Classes?

• JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to have a sword an ruin skill line like they have teased about. More of a close range magkia skill line would be great for building a battle mage and my templar class.

I don't want any more pet classes think we have enough of those with necro, warden, and sorc.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Oh I got a unique ESO class idea.

The Delver: An expert engineer who uses a mix of dwarven technology, and other lost culture Knick knacks to fight. I think there could be some real potential here for lots of ESO flavour.

Agreed! This is what I was referring to regarding the Dwemer Artificer class!

That could be added as a skill line.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    NO. No more classes!
    They finally have to add more game systems that we can use with our existing characters. The last serious addition in that regard was the champion system. I'm tired of having to make new characters to play the content of new chapters.

If anything, they could add new skill lines to existing classes. Maybe even secondary class trees, so a Nightblade could either become a Witchhunter or an Assassin, etc. Although that would mean 12 new skill lines, and they can barely get 3 working ones done every 2 years.

Templar --> Crusader / Pilgrim
    Sorcerer --> Battlemage / Archmage
    Dragonknight --> Spellsword / Pyromancer
    Nightblade --> Witchhunter / Assassin
    Warden --> Monk / Cryomancer
    Necromancer --> Witchknight / Bonelord

Ever heard of
    Thieve guild
    Dark brotherhood
    Jewelerie crafting
    And psijiic
    Those were aded for existing character and the last one was 1 year ago not at the time of the cp system
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The readon why I like dragon knight and still play eso is because it is an original concept and the game creators dared to use draconic abilities. Sadly wings is soooo boring now...

Bard?
    Monk?
    Even necro. How un-original.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer they don't make any more new classes. They have nerfed existing classes and taken away too much to make new ones OP enough already.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Spears. They disappeared after Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

But before they add any classes, I'd like to see the ability to swap classes, or at least a class change / alliance change token. Otherwise more classes will just result in character slot inflation and that has problems of its own.

FFXIV solved character slot inflation by simply allowing everyone to play every class. You have to completely switch over to another class so you can't mix class skills per se, but it helps a lot.

Did you ever look at Rift? Rift solved the same issue with their soul system. Basically any class could do any of the major roles (Tank, DPS, Heals, Support) and using scripts, you could easily change your equipment/skills/souls. In between combat, you could switch to any role that you wanted to play at the time. The different classes had a different flavor for how they accomplished those tasks, but you were able to do whatever role you wanted to.

It looks like you could do a minimal amount of changing in ESO with the wardrobe addon, I was reading that it allowed you to change gear and skills at the same time. This would allow for say switching between MagDPS and MagHeals, or StamDPS and StamTank. I have not taken the time yet myself to investigate this further.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classes are only using 1-2 class skills this patch. Stamina classes have always used weapon skills, but as of this patch, magicka classes will be primarily using guild/world skills too.

If anything, I suggest getting rid of classes. They already serve minimal purpose.

I agree, but also work would need to be done to ensure further homogenization. Its possible, easily possible, but not AS simple as just deleting classes. It would be very cool though.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Tycleton
    Tycleton
    ✭✭✭
    If anything, I suggest getting rid of classes. They already serve minimal purpose.

THIS!

Give me a menu of skills and let me craft a set like I want. Expand to new skills rather than classes or defined skill sets. Asheron's Call had it right in this regard.

An offensive weapon is merely a graphical representation with coding behind it. Sword, Mace, Axe, Des Staff, Heal Staff, etc. Let me have the option to make a "Martial Artist" style character that can hold Bo staff or use "open hand". Put a "focus" of some kind in the weapon slot that can allow for bonuses but not show a graphic as a weapon. Give a few flashy movements to simulate a kick, a punch. Maybe introduce a few new MA weapons like cestus, nunchaku, etc.

And yes, I love my Stam based characters. Would drool over an amazing 3 sectional staff. Would immediately change my toon's look to having a long white beard! Those dudes are always the most awesome in MA films! But I digress...
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troubadour (Bard)! A Class focused on buffs and debuffs!
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • BloodOfTheNorth
    JadonSky wrote: »
    I would like to have a sword an ruin skill line like they have teased about. More of a close range magkia skill line would be great for building a battle mage and my templar class.

I don't want any more pet classes think we have enough of those with necro, warden, and sorc.

But none of those are a true conjurer type class which is disappointing.

They need a class that's based around pets.
    I think they should drop pets from sorc, add another tree all together and make a focused conjuer class.
  • splarv
    splarv
    ✭✭
    I am waiting for a clockwork mage or so. This class is already exist for NPC. I hope it will be for players too.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer no classes at all, but we’re stuck with them now. The problem with adding more is the games underlying simplicity

ESO has few stats and a short, static list of positive and negative effects to draw from. It’s hard to diversify meaningfully with so few resources without sacrificing the uniqueness and identity of existing classes.

It’s the same reason the game has dozens and dozens of provisioning recipes that all tweak the same three things. There’s insufficient underlying complexity for that system to shine.
    forever stuck in combat
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, I've never really been a fan of the class system in eso. Id rather they had dedicated classes for tanking/dmg/healing/support. More like the traditional mmorpg class system, but that's just me.

If they were to create new classes for us...
    • A bard with support skills/buffs in mind would be cool.
    • A glass cannon type monk class that uses his fists (or claws) for high dmg.
    • An illusionist class that focuses on debuffs and stuns. Illusion and alteration could be the main theme. Would be so fun to make people flee in terror as they try to invade your keep in cyrodiil! >:)
    PC EU
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a bard buffing / debuffing type of char would be cool...but since bards college is basically a guild i guess a skill line makes more sense

same for a lot of other ideas...most can be implemented with skill lines and give people a lot of flexibility...

bard skill line would be cool, so would a 1h+spell, extended vampire or dawnguard
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on December 8, 2019 1:30PM
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd personally like a bard skill line that can be added to my current characters. But I'd like it to be robust and interesting, and possibly have new "weapons" and animations. It would be really nice if we had instruments we could actually carry around with us
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    Here are Mine:

Astral Projectionist

Artificer

Chronomancer

Enchantress

Living Weapon

Dragon Magi
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ship. Sailed. Sunk. Long Time.
    MagnificentUnequaledElectriceel-size_restricted.gif
    They are not likely to invest a big chunk of money to redo their whole game at this point. Best we can hope for is to see a "classless" MMORPG sometime in the future... for a different background.
    Faulgor wrote: »
    NO. No more classes!
    They finally have to add more game systems that we can use with our existing characters.
    EXACTLY what I have been saying for a while now: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/492733/class-specialization-idea/p1 ;)
    Not sure we need new classes (and I have quite a bit of sympathy for the no classes at all argument), but new skill lines would be great.
    Yes. They would.

Like more weapon options for -everyone- from martial artists to mercenary soldiers, from ninja assassins to rugged spellswords or whatever...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371862/additional-weapon-skill-ideas-mk-ii/p1
    I'd personally like a bard skill line that can be added to my current characters. But I'd like it to be robust and interesting, and possibly have new "weapons" and animations. It would be really nice if we had instruments we could actually carry around with us
    Been saying that before as well, a lot of the ideas here (Bard, Artificer...) would not be worth a full class, but be -perfect- for a guild skill line that existing characters can pick up like Psijic from Summerset...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387560/additional-guild-ideas-mk-ii

And of course... more choices for our characters in general...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/500530/worship-in-tamriel-ideas
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/442350/character-background-passives
  • Arkew
    Arkew
    ✭✭✭
    me i wan't a class look like enginner (yes i'm not inspired on the name) who use dwemer technology as class line.
  • Kranel_san
    Kranel_san
    ✭✭
    Greetings all!
    This has been a discussion I have had everywhere besides the forums, and this is my first forum post, but I have been active in the community this entire time.

I'm genuinely curious to hear more about future skill line ideas (like guild lines) or future class ideas, (People have been asking for Necro since beta, myself included, and we got it!) so what's next?

Any ideas?
    Has this been talked about already?

Regards,

I expect:
    - Battlemage: A class which uses illusion, mysticism, alteration, more destruction spells, or even use the long forgotten Thaumaturgy. But it will be the class which we can expand the magic schools we can use in-game

- Bard: Everyone wants it :smile:

- Runemaster: A class which uses the power of the rune

- Lancer ( Spearman ): Can see this being fit to be added in Morrowind second chapter
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    A berserk class. I wanna a character that fights like Guts with an ultimate that gives me the Berserk armor with a new aggressive ability loadout.

Make it happen ZOS!

Well, I had the same fantasy in mind when I made a stamDK. I was quite upset when I realized it was a tank class, but in the fury-seventh days It sort of felt like a berserker , while magDk was more like a ''balrog''. And well, corrosive armor was really a ''power move'' similar to Guts' berserker armor, I mean the looks are not there but I'm talking about how it felt to play the character.

Honestly If there was a separate berserker themed class I would change mains without even thinking about it, the direction they're taking stamDk(especially with stonefist) really made me upset in that regard.

This patch I've been trying NMA+Fury in medium armor, with d.swing+onslaught because I really like how brutal the animations for these abilities and that setup is as close as I can get to some berserk themed gameplay. Now if only stonefist was some cool melee ability instead I would have absolutely nothing to complain about , as far as power fantasy goes.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 8, 2019 3:35PM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its awkward because there is a skill line called Alchemist but there are imperial alchemists that use one handed sword and throw bombs and heal with potions and stuff could be made into a class.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can sympathize with the call for a 'berzerker' class. I'd also like an 'inquisitor' or 'witchhunter' class (with e.g. the ability to 'silence' spell casters >:) ).

At the moment, ESO for me does not offer enough interesting class choices. I'd rather not play as a 'high-magic' character.
    I'd appreciate a 'low magic' class that makes sense to use with melee abilities! ATM it feels to me like only the nightblade qualifies somewhat. With the other classes it feel combining melee and class abilities is too much like a weird, incoherent compromise. That's not to say stamina variants don't work. It's to say they're inherently mongrels. I mean what the heck is a 'stamina sorcerer' or 'stamina necromancer'? Throwing in some stamina morphs doesn't address the fact that it's inherently incongruous.
    Edited by Muizer on December 8, 2019 3:23PM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bard would be cool. Use soundwaves to buff allies, debuff enemies and apply certain status effects and cause damage. Think of the quest in Vvardenfell where some Dwemer machine was causing kwama and people to go crazy. But expand on that.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting on the monk. Hand to hand skill line, avoidance rather than mitigation(dodge tank!) Or spec for damage/debuff/speed.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    Still waiting on the monk. Hand to hand skill line, avoidance rather than mitigation(dodge tank!)
    Not really a class - Hand-to-Hand of any sort would be a weapon skill line, and there could be an "unarmored" armor skill line that focusses on avoicance and works with "civilian clothing" pieces (the ones you can steal)... and there could also be a "martial arts" guild skill line that would be useful for ALL stamina classes (after all, its not just hand-to-hand that benefits from training the body, right); possibly as "masterclass" option for fighter guild members...

I mean, yeah, they could group all that into a class as well. But it would be so much more fun if they made the skill lines availabale on their own, and allow people to turn their already existing characters into "martial arts monks" if they so choose... it would work very well with stampler for a "shaolin monk" feel I reckon, or stamblade for a "ninja assassin" feel... heck, with every class!
    I mean... Just take a look at Mortal Kombat... they have fighters who use icy magic, hellfire magic, necromancy, nature magic, holy magic... all as supplemental to their martial arts.
    I could totally see people try to emulate some of those characters in ESO if they had some skill lines to add to their characters!
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    Still waiting on the monk. Hand to hand skill line, avoidance rather than mitigation(dodge tank!)
    Not really a class - Hand-to-Hand of any sort would be a weapon skill line, and there could be an "unarmored" armor skill line that focusses on avoicance and works with "civilian clothing" pieces (the ones you can steal)... and there could also be a "martial arts" guild skill line that would be useful for ALL stamina classes (after all, its not just hand-to-hand that benefits from training the body, right); possibly as "masterclass" option for fighter guild members...

I mean, yeah, they could group all that into a class as well. But it would be so much more fun if they made the skill lines availabale on their own, and allow people to turn their already existing characters into "martial arts monks" if they so choose... it would work very well with stampler for a "shaolin monk" feel I reckon, or stamblade for a "ninja assassin" feel... heck, with every class!
    I mean... Just take a look at Mortal Kombat... they have fighters who use icy magic, hellfire magic, necromancy, nature magic, holy magic... all as supplemental to their martial arts.
    I could totally see people try to emulate some of those characters in ESO if they had some skill lines to add to their characters!

Every class we have is just "some skill lines put together". Monks devote their life to perfecting body and mind rather than tools/weapons. Using your chi to heal, or heat up air(flame balls) or even hitting air so fast it condenses and hits your opponent at range. I prefer the old EQ version but even elder scrolls has its Tang Mo race.

Would I prefer no classes? Yep. Do I ever see it happening? Nope. Was that your argument that skill lines should be open? If so just say that, because saying a monk isn't really a class when it's been used before in other games and even has possible hints in ES lore (pointing to you Tang Mo )seems.....odd
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Classes in this game are just passive talents. Every role plays the same, regardless of the class.
  • Frozen_Heart246
    Frozen_Heart246
    ✭✭✭
    There no need in new class imo. Just let them repair existing ones. New weapon skill line would be nice so as new guild.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlemage is already existing class that can be found in assets in the game — both NPC and unofficially announced class from datamine 5.2.7. ZoS has had in the works since the release of warden (another class that wasn’t released when the original 4 went live).
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather just play ZOSs next mmo at this point.