The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Future Classes?

• xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    not this again...we dont need more classes we need more variation to what we have like more weapon types...more morphs so it can make our playstyle different instead of a standard overall one...ugh
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have every major fantasy archetype covered. I think we're done with new classes.

Rogue: NB
    Necromancer: Necromancer
    Druid: Warden
    Sorcerer: Sorcerer
    Pyromancer: DK
    Monk/Paladin: Templar
    Warrior: Any stamina class

How can you spell out all the facts correctly and then draw a conclusion that's so at odds with it?

You literally say here that all classes except NB are archetypical mages (think art work, abilities and so on) and that stamina characters not only do not get this, they have to live with their characters having a wrong archetype for what they are after.

I'm not sure how more obvious I can make this: Unless you play a nightblade, you cannot create an archetypical stamina character. Eso doesn't have the classes for it, They made the mongrel stamina characters viable, but most certainly not in any sense coherent in terms of imagery. You can't argue with a straight face that a necromancer,, a druid or a pyromancer, carrying a bow and sword(s) amounts to an 'archetypical warrior'

Edited by Muizer on December 13, 2019 6:46PM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    The classes are really stupid in this game and only magicka favoired! Elder scrolls have always been about 3 major classes (thief, warrior, mage) with sub classes. So if you want to play as a arch-type warrior you need to first find out what kind of mage you want to be, and if you want to be any half decent ur forced to use some magicka skills to with ugly looking animations that make your character feels like a mage anyway. And is kind of lore breaking to becouse magicka is supossed to be rare in tamriel, but in this game almost everyone use magick. And theres nothing stamina in nightblade in the lore either becouse that(gues what) also is a mage.
    So now that there is 6 types of mages to play as, they could at least add a normal stamina class with non-magicka looking animations on the skills.

Btw im not english so forgive my spelling mistakes.
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you could also think about new classes this way - usually every class has access to a major buff / debuffs others dont have so what could be the buff for a new class?

I think heroism or courage...which would fit a bard class which is also kinda the archetype not yet represented in some way or shape...but yeah i dont think its coming.
    Options
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know really the major fantasy RPG classes are already filled.
    Some sort of class that fights unarmed and maybe conjures weapons or self buffs with different effects to regular weapons enchantments.
    Or a class that can dual wield 2 handed weapons and uses a separate resource like rage or bloodlust to cast abilities.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
    Options