The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Future Classes?

• zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    Spear weapon skill line. It’s what we need. Don’t @ me
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are so many skill lines that could / should still be added with the next chapter that would fit...

- Full vampire skill line
    - Dawnguard skill line - x-bows for the win
    - Bard's College focused on buffing / debuffing
    - 1h + spell - skyrim nostalgia...
    - Dwemer themed skill line

I REALLY hope we see something and some new game modes or class and its not "just" a new chapter story
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zacvanm wrote: »
    Spear weapon skill line. It’s what we need. Don’t @ me

ye what we need is another stam weapon meanwhile magicka only has staff /s
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol! No!
    They can't even manage to balance the current class and adding a new class would put more fuel to the fire.
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    Lol! No!
    They can't even manage to balance the current class and adding a new class would put more fuel to the fire.

These ‘one and done’ storylines won’t cut it forever.
  • Trywn21
    Trywn21
    Soul Shriven
    How about a mage blade with sword Magicka abilities
    Edited by Trywn21 on December 10, 2019 6:58AM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One other thing I would really like to see is more offensive options with 1h/s, so that it doesn't have to be *the* tanking weapon set, the weapon and the shield can actually do damage comparable with other weapon skill lines.

What would that mean, though? You're stuck with Aedric power and light, for example?
    That would mean you'd be a templar, pretty much., But you would also have the option of aedric power and fire, or aedric power and ice, or draconic power and light, or nature power and light, etc.
    But then again, with access to all 18 class skill lines, just imagine the builds that could spring up from that!
    The problem with "full access to everything" is... that most likely there would be one or two "super-effective" combinations that everyone and their granny would be running...
    I was thinking of spellswords, you know? Those people who employ both the use of magic and "stamina" weapons, we see plenty of and often fight.
    Whose would NOT have stamina weapons that somehow are magica based, they would have a "hybrid" weapon skill line - like "One-handed and Magic"... and would only really be viable if they finally brought back attribute softcaps to make hybrid builds get within shouting distance of specialized builds again.
    Which I totally would love to see!
    I suppose another solution could be to essentially have stamina versions of every single non-weapon magicka ability around, especially the most spectacular ones.
    Whoch would be just as bad. I mean, how would that even work, using -musclepower- to make magic???

And worse, in effect it would diminish the differences between stamina and magica builds, making every character use the same sort of skills... detracting widely from character diversity and gaming fun.
    Pole-arms, exactly what I was thinking of for stamina staves. And guards should definitely have them!
    Yeah, definitely!
    They were even available back in TES-III:Morrowind... and even nowadays, Vivec is known for his spear, a lot. Alas... we only get all that as magica staff, despite a lot of prominent spear-userd in myth from Achilles to Oberyn Martell...
    The scenario I was thinking of was them not being able to readily make use of their magic, as if they're locked with someone, cannot bring their staff to bear, and cannot reasonably free a hand.
    Eh, that sounds more of a scenario where noone would be able to do much of anything. I mean, if people cannot reasonably free a hand... it doesn't matter much of they are mages ot warriors, they have to find some way to deal with a huge disadvantage.
    Of course, warriors usually would have some wrestling and dirty fighting skills for that situation.
    Mages on the other hand... well... generally would not let it get to this situation!
    Although, that situation in general is more roleplay then game mechanics I guess... ;)
    Trywn21 wrote: »
    How about a mage blade with sword Magicka abilities
    Nope.
    For one, the game it not really set up for two skill lines uding the same weapon setup.
    For another, if they want a magica melee skill line, why go with swords when they can add a new weapon type entirely and give people more cause to play to reseach those traits?
    Finally, it still would not make sense to have a "blade" that uses magica, since swords are still -physical- weapons swung with -musclepower-.

I mean, yes, there -could- be a skill line like "One-handed and Magic", that combines a sword and a rune or wand, and has some half-half skills... empower your sword with your magic and then magic-shasl people... but that would be a hybvrid skill line that goes halfsies on the magica/stamina thing...

But a "mageblade"? The closest you get is nightblade red daggers, necromancer scythes or FG dawnbreaker...
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Yeah some new weapon skill lines. one that is magic tanking so that frost staff can be a dps weapon.

WE NEED THIS, ZOS
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like the existing classes to be clearly different from each other. Or for "everyone can do everything" have no classes at all, just a bunch of skill lines to choose from. But the best MMO is the one you have with you so can't have everything.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all!
    This has been a discussion I have had everywhere besides the forums, and this is my first forum post, but I have been active in the community this entire time.

I'm genuinely curious to hear more about future skill line ideas (like guild lines) or future class ideas, (People have been asking for Necro since beta, myself included, and we got it!) so what's next?

Any ideas?
    Has this been talked about already?

Regards,

New skill lines have indeed been discussed variously and regularly.

Personally my preference and strong belief is that ESO requires a new Magica "weapon" skill line. Stamina gets 4, with variance of 5 different weapon types to use. Magica gets, ONE dps skill line, with ONE weapon, the staff.

The disparity is stark.

One hand and rune/tomb/sceptre, is what is needed asap.
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    someone with fireball and chain lightning
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally my preference and strong belief is that ESO requires a new Magica "weapon" skill line. Stamina gets 4, with variance of 5 different weapon types to use. Magica gets, ONE dps skill line, with ONE weapon, the staff.

The disparity is stark.

That's becaise the division ZoS evidently had in mind was

a) play as a mage with class abilities (all of which used to be magicka based) OR
    b) use weapon abilities and pretty much accept your class is a poor fit.

I mean I sympathize not having much choice of weapons for a magicka character, but the introduction of some stamina class abilites does not change the fact that all classes were designed from the start to be magicka characters of one sort or another and that with the exception of NB, pretty much every attempt to create a stamina character results in some half-a$$es mongrel. IMHO stamina character building is rather more hampered by lack of sensible choice than magicka character building.

Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most magicka class abilities don't have stamina morphs, so the stamina version of that class can't usually make effective use of them. So the fact that there are 4 weapon skills for stamina and only 2 for magicka isn't actually that unbalanced.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classes available in Morrowind that I would like to see, assuming we get a melee weapon for magicka:
    • Barbarian - melee stamina based class centered around physical damage and bleeds, possibly with magicka flavor morphs
    • Witchhunter - the perfect class for a hybrid playstyle. Bows + Spells

Spellswords, Bards and Monks would be better off being translated into weapon or guild skill lines.

Musical magic isn't really a thing in the Elder Scrolls, so bards can't really be helpful in combat beyond using war horn or playing a drum to help people march in unison.
    Spellswords are pretty much melee casters, which is a playstyle Dragonknights and Templars already occupy but still lack a melee magicka weapon for.
    Monks, unless we delve into religious magic which Templars already have, are defined by their martial arts, which is essentially unarmed combat. Unarmed combat should be a weapon choice as well.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monks and bards are both a big part of Elder Scrolls games, and IMO should be in ESO.
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Yeah some new weapon skill lines. one that is magic tanking so that frost staff can be a dps weapon.

I agree, I also think that Frost and Flame staves should fire as lightning and restoration ones do. Then I'd actually use them...

New skill lines have indeed been discussed variously and regularly.

The disparity is stark.

One hand and rune/tomb/sceptre, is what is needed asap.

I very much agree with this, even if it is the only spellsword configuration we get to take advantage of. Add something to the first passive we get to unlock, like so:

While you have One-handed weapon and rune/tome/sceptre equipped: Your one-handed weapon damage now scales with your Maximum Magicka and Spell Damage, and heavy attacks now restore magicka instead of stamina.
    Edited by sentientomega on December 13, 2019 11:06PM
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    worrallj wrote: »
    A legitimate ice mage! With an ice atronach and ice wraith pets.
    Split warden into two classes- ice mage & druid archetypes.
    Yes please! The ice on Warden makes no sense.
    I would prefer a Spriggan theme damage skill line.

I've felt the same way since Warden dropped..

I wish they would change some Warden spells to vibrant green like the Spriggans (More druid) especially with a skill line named green balance.. Some of their spells sometime looks to similar to Necromancer colour wise.
    Edited by Revokus on December 11, 2019 5:47AM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Classes available in Morrowind that I would like to see, assuming we get a melee weapon for magicka:
    • Barbarian - melee stamina based class centered around physical damage and bleeds, possibly with magicka flavor morphs
    The thing is, that one would not work, as all "classes" need to be viable for magica builds as well as stamina (which are less class skills, and more weapon skills anyhow)
    The classic TES "barbarian" would be an Stamina Warden (for the "Nature Boy/Girl" aspect) or Stamina Nightblade (for the "Bloody Berserker" aspect) inb ESO, with a nice helping of fighter guild skills...
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    • Witchhunter - the perfect class for a hybrid playstyle. Bows + Spells
    Once again, any "class" would need to be viable for all builds, magica, stamina, or hybrid. Not that hybrid builds are really all that viable these days (Bring back Softcaps! Make hybrid builds viable again!)
    And of course, with free weapons selection in ESO, any "Bow + Spells" idea has no place being pushed towards a class; those are -builds-...

Personally I thought "Witchhunter" would make a great "Specialization" for templars...
    Revokus wrote: »
    I wish they would change some Warden spells to vibrant green like the Spriggans (More druid) especially with a skill line named green balance.. Some of their spells sometime looks to similar to Necromancer colour wise.
    Yet enother thought I would love to see picked up, and added to my "specialization" concept: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/492733/class-specialization-idea/p1
    ...that picking a specialization would color-shift ALL your class abilities to the new specializations color theme... like a warden going shaman might get all skills in shades of green from grass to pine, going ranger they would be brown-olive (think woodland camo...), and going cryomancer it all would look more icy...
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lagbuster
    Hamster slave driver
    Loading screen Banisher

:)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, any "class" would need to be viable for all builds, magica, stamina, or hybrid.

As it is, classes are designed for magicka and viable for stamina. Would not be too much to ask to have it the other way around for one class at least, would it?
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    Once again, any "class" would need to be viable for all builds, magica, stamina, or hybrid.

As it is, classes are designed for magicka and viable for stamina. Would not be too much to ask to have it the other way around for one class at least, would it?
    Yes it would.
    Because the original idea obviously was to have magica enjoying all the "wide range of spells" class skills, and stamina depending on the "strength of arm" weapon selections.

That is how they set up their system, with the free weapons selection and all. It would be different it they tied the weapons to their classes like soooo many other games, but... the powers that be decided they wanted their players to have a tad more freedom, so...

And it does make sense when you remember that magica builds are supposed to represent the "wizards" of the world and stamina builds the "warriors". Wizards cast lots of different spells. Warriors hit people with the same weapon, a lot. Generally anyhow.

So... that's how it has to be, because otherwise they would give one class a too large advantage and pigeonhole all stamina characters into the "warrior class". I mean, its pretty obvious they wouldn't want that, or they'd have done it back in alpha, right?

Now... guilds would be a different matter, because any class can pick up a guild!

And it would be really nifty to get a guild that is stamina support someday, much like Psijic was magica-ish... and I could totally see that happen, you know.
    ...which would also mean every stamina character can "refit" such a guild, and thus noone is advantaged just because they made their character with a "new" class...

And there are many possibilities for such an skill line, from sword singer and their yokudan warrior secrets to the blades and their akaviri teachings... of course, it -would- have made the most sense to make fighters guild like that, but they went more "monster hunter" with that one.

There also could be others... like an "athleticism" world skill line where people could spend skill points for less sprinting cost or faster swimming or whatever... (Which would make a great deal of TES lore sense, all things considered)

And ALL "new skill line" ideas are better then any "new class" idea, because those would be things people can refit to ANY character, no matter if newly made or played since launch, and then play some more on every character to earn those skills maxed and morphed, instead of having to make characters #19 and beyond for new classyness and playing them through all the content that would be painfully boring after the dozenth time...
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »

The disparity is stark.

That's becaise the division ZoS evidently had in mind was

a) play as a mage with class abilities (all of which used to be magicka based) OR
    b) use weapon abilities and pretty much accept your class is a poor fit.

I mean I sympathize not having much choice of weapons for a magicka character, but the introduction of some stamina class abilites does not change the fact that all classes were designed from the start to be magicka characters of one sort or another and that with the exception of NB, pretty much every attempt to create a stamina character results in some half-a$$es mongrel. IMHO stamina character building is rather more hampered by lack of sensible choice than magicka character building.

This may have been the case originally, it is no longer the case, with most classes now having very strong stamina options, especially the newer classes.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may have been the case originally, it is no longer the case, with most classes now having very strong stamina options, especially the newer classes.
    And that would make a very good point towards adding more weapon options for magica builds as well!
    Like: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371862/additional-weapon-skill-ideas-mk-ii/p1
    Not new classes tho! ;)
  • dorogov.alexeyeb17_ESO
    Shaman with spear
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've already ponted out the difference between 'viable' and conceptually coherent. Adding stamina morphs to classes may have ensured the former, but in my opinion not the latter. Do you understand what I mean? What kind of imagery does 'dragon knight' evoke? What kind of imagery does templar invoke. Surely we're talking about men at arms, not some sort of staff waving mage! Yet, that is exactly what ZoS gave us. They gave us 'men at arms' classes which were only playable as magicka characters .......... which made staves their logical, but conceptually incongruous choice of weapon.
    Because the original idea obviously was to have magica enjoying all the "wide range of spells" class skills, and stamina depending on the "strength of arm" weapon selections.

Indeed, and as I have explaned above, this turned out badly and ZoS realised this. Perhaps they were expecting hybrid builds to become a thing, but when they did not, they had to make the classes somehow compatible with all-out stamina builds.
    So, they added stamina morphs. They made classes viable for stamina. But that did not change the fact that the dragon knight is not drawing on anything 'knightly', but is instead some sort of shapeshifter/pyromancer, the fact that the templar is primarily a 'light mage', the sorcerer a conjurer mage, the necromancer a necromancer mage, the warden .... whatever.
    Get my point? Pretty much every attempt to create a 'man at arms' character is compromised rather than complemented by the class choice.
    Edited by Muizer on December 11, 2019 11:47PM
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    That would mean you'd be a templar, pretty much., But you would also have the option of aedric power and fire, or aedric power and ice, or draconic power and light, or nature power and light, etc.

Do we get to respec at all? If not, that sounds even more limited than the current system we have.
    The problem with "full access to everything" is... that most likely there would be one or two "super-effective" combinations that everyone and their granny would be running...

That is, of course, perfectly true. :p Indeed, I already know which two abilities I'd end up using on absolutely *every* build. >.>

Note, that's two abilities, the rest would all be fun. :) Not everyone has to pick the same thing, you know. And, indeed, not everyone does! It really depends on what you want to do, really.
    Whose would NOT have stamina weapons that somehow are magica based, they would have a "hybrid" weapon skill line - like "One-handed and Magic"... and would only really be viable if they finally brought back attribute softcaps to make hybrid builds get within shouting distance of specialized builds again.
    Which I totally would love to see!

Well, I don't think I'd want that. I made a post suggesting what they could do with the one-handed weapons we equip, no need for hybridisation.
    Whoch would be just as bad. I mean, how would that even work, using -musclepower- to make magic???

And worse, in effect it would diminish the differences between stamina and magica builds, making every character use the same sort of skills... detracting widely from character diversity and gaming fun.

Not really, I'd say the horse was long gone and that there's no point bolting that stable door, considering the fact that we already have stamina morphs for quite a number of class abilities now. What I propose is merely to add a third, totally different kind of morph for all those class abilities that have no stamina morphs, but we'd have to add a third morph, mag or stam, to all the rest, too. Or, an actual spellsword class! Though I like the idea of a 1h/magic skill line, I'm definitely not averse to having an entire class where we can use stamina weapons, have mostly stamina-based class abilities, and still feel quite magical! Our enemies can do it, why can't we?

You know, they really should've kept the stamina versions of those two Ardent Flame abilities as flame damage and effects, but made them scale to the highest offensive stats. That would've been a spellsword build, right there, but they changed it, years ago, back when I first played. But for the fact that I can't make a viable stamina necromancer build that doesn't feel clunky, I'd actually have a working spellsword build! It's totally survivable, just really awkward to feel it play out.
    Yeah, definitely!
    They were even available back in TES-III:Morrowind... and even nowadays, Vivec is known for his spear, a lot. Alas... we only get all that as magica staff, despite a lot of prominent spear-userd in myth from Achilles to Oberyn Martell...

I saw that thread of yours with all those weapons, including the pole-arms? That'd be great, just great. :) Spear and shield, too, please!

And the flail, yes! I'd absolutely make an ESO For Honour-style Conqueror...
    Eh, that sounds more of a scenario where noone would be able to do much of anything. I mean, if people cannot reasonably free a hand... it doesn't matter much of they are mages ot warriors, they have to find some way to deal with a huge disadvantage.
    Of course, warriors usually would have some wrestling and dirty fighting skills for that situation.
    Mages on the other hand... well... generally would not let it get to this situation!
    Although, that situation in general is more roleplay then game mechanics I guess... ;)

Well, even mages can be taken by surprised/ambushed, so even they have to find a way out of that that doesn't necessarily mean using their magic quite so readily as they might usually do. I was thinking of my inexperienced mages, how they might struggle to think quickly, as an example.
    Nope.
    For one, the game it not really set up for two skill lines uding the same weapon setup.
    For another, if they want a magica melee skill line, why go with swords when they can add a new weapon type entirely and give people more cause to play to reseach those traits?
    Finally, it still would not make sense to have a "blade" that uses magica, since swords are still -physical- weapons swung with -musclepower-.

I mean, yes, there -could- be a skill line like "One-handed and Magic", that combines a sword and a rune or wand, and has some half-half skills... empower your sword with your magic and then magic-shasl people... but that would be a hybvrid skill line that goes halfsies on the magica/stamina thing...

But a "mageblade"? The closest you get is nightblade red daggers, necromancer scythes or FG dawnbreaker...

The stamina builds that I have are supposed to be mundane, ICly (in an in-character sense). Consequently, they mostly use weapon skills. Except for stamblade, which makes use of Surprise Attack and Killer's Blade a fair bit. In my mind, those two make use of the left DW weapon and right DW weapon, respectively. :) Relentless Focus, you can imagine being the bow firing a more powerful arrow, perhaps?
    And that would make a very good point towards adding more weapon options for magica builds as well!
    Like: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371862/additional-weapon-skill-ideas-mk-ii/p1
    Not new classes tho! ;)

Well, outside of the Spellsword class I just mentioned, anyway. :D

I have to say, I *really* like that thread of yours. :) I've not mentioned many of the ideas here that you have from there, but they all look great!

They could add subduing weapons with a proper Bounty Hunter DLC, that would be terrific! :smiley:
    Edited by sentientomega on December 13, 2019 9:14AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have every major fantasy archetype covered. I think we're done with new classes.

Rogue: NB
    Necromancer: Necromancer
    Druid: Warden
    Sorcerer: Sorcerer
    Pyromancer: DK
    Monk/Paladin: Templar
    Warrior: Any stamina class
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 13, 2019 9:23AM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we get to respec at all? If not, that sounds even more limited than the current system we have.
    Do you get to "respec" your class choice now? No? Then why ask aboput it with my idea - all I am saying is, I would have split class skills into "power source" (2 skill lines) and "elemental affinity" (1 skill line), letting people mix them as they choose within the tutorial, so instead of having six fixed classes it would have been 36 possible combinations.

That is, of course, perfectly true. :p Indeed, I already know which two abilities I'd end up using on absolutely *every* build. >.>
    Yeah, and "free skill line selection" would end up near everyone taking the skill lines for those two and the next "most effective". And then the PUGS going "must be munchkin build #1 to join"...

And its even less fun in PvP if everyone ran the same build!

And that is why most MMORPGs have classes, to force people to be different, in a "pick your flavor" type of way inszead of letting them make "candoitall" builds withoit any drawbacks...
    ...I'm definitely not averse to having an entire class where we can use stamina weapons, have mostly stamina-based class abilities, and still feel quite magical!
    That is NOT what "stamina" is!
    That is NOT what any TES system is.

Like mentioned... Stamina = warriors, magica = mages, hybrid =... a little bit of both.
    Yeah, in older TES games, people could very well play as what would be a hybrid in ESO, and have no drawbacks from it, quite the opposite. Here though, you take magica if you want to feel magical, stamina if you want to feel powerful at weapons, and curse the powers that be if you want to play a hybrid.
    Personally I would like to see the latter also be an viable option, and since classes all have to be viable for anything, the way to go there would be skill lines that supported hybrid setups and softcaps that ensured specialized builds don't get too much of an advantage (which would also help woith all the "overland content is too boring, its all dead before I get to enjoy the fight..." stuff.)
    You know, they really should've kept the stamina versions of those two Ardent Flame abilities as flame damage and effects, but made them scale to the highest offensive stats.
    Nah.
    They choose otherwise, and it would have made very little sense to make flame from stamina.
    I saw that thread of yours with all those weapons, including the pole-arms? That'd be great, just great. :) Spear and shield, too, please!
    Is mentioned - after the skill lines, when I get to weapon options and mention people should be able to take the javelins from 1H&R as mainhand weapon as well... even have an TES picture of just the kind of setup for that! ;)
    And the flail, yes! I'd absolutely make an ESO For Honour-style Conqueror...
    And most of all, those weapon optiopns would make for more fun as we get more to pick and choose for our characters!
    Well, even mages can be taken by surprised/ambushed, so even they have to find a way out of that that doesn't necessarily mean using their magic quite so readily as they might usually do. I was thinking of my inexperienced mages, how they might struggle to think quickly, as an example.
    No difference from inexperienced warriors - though generally, mages are supposed to be strong at range, weak in melee. There are always exceptions, but... that IS the classic cliché, has been ever since "conan", right? ;)
    I have to say, I *really* like that thread of yours. :) I've not mentioned many of the ideas here that you have from there, but they all look great!
    Thanks. I do keep linking to those ideas, even adding sometimes when someone gives me a good new one... and I really wish that someday the powers that be might do something in the direction. Not the skills I picked, those are more "proof of concept" stuff anyhow... but... to bring us the weapons I envision to ESO, let us diversify our characters much further and have more fun!
    They could add subduing weapons with a proper Bounty Hunter DLC, that would be terrific! :smiley:
    Yeah, it would be nifty to have those choices! And I have to say, the later idea I got half-in-jest about getting a "boss in cage" furniture piece if you manage to win a dungeon bossfight with only subduing weapon attacks... (that do far less damage then proper weapons) it'd be such fun to have a castle set up as "boss zoo", right?
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not new classes tho! ;)

My preference is for a new Magica weapon skill line along the lines of - runes, tomes, scroll, sceptre (providing status of, in no particular order, fire, ice, shock, poison).

As I have said many times now, stamina has 4 weapon skill lines with 5 weapons to choose from. Magica has 1 weapon skill line and 1 weapon to choose from (admittedly yes with 3 status). The disparity is huge.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My preference is for a new Magica weapon skill line along the lines of - runes, tomes, scroll, sceptre (providing status of, in no particular order, fire, ice, shock, poison).
    Well, they seem disinclined to do poison for magica, since they kinda linked that to stamina.
    Still could be an option tho. Some sort of "acid" staff? Would fit right in with destro staves, right? Or a "disease" resto staff? I'd love to see that! (duh! ;) )
    As I have said many times now, stamina has 4 weapon skill lines with 5 weapons to choose from. Magica has 1 weapon skill line and 1 weapon to choose from (admittedly yes with 3 status). The disparity is huge.
    Not exactly.

Stamina melee, yes, they have three skill lines with three or four weapon options.

Stamina ranged? One choice and nothing else.

Magica... has -two- ranged skill lines, one damage based with three different flavors, and the healing one.

So, its not quite that bad for magica.
    Still could be vastly better!

Like I outline in the often linked discussion, they could start with adding more flavors to the magica skill lines... I mean, why should only NPCs get purple warlock staves, or cyan coldfire staves, or red-black staves, etc? And not like woodworking is up to par with the other craftings in terms of stuff to research, right?

And then add a second option to destro and resto skill lines - like the "spell focus" idea I really would love to see, allowing us to have our magica characters with some -choice- in general weapon setup, instead of just grabbing a staff or varying flavor. And it would be quite nifty to have jewelry-crafting weapons, right? Especially since they would be a tad more rare then others considering the issues with jewelry crafting resources (Yea, its almost as if those were... precious metals, huh? :p )

And then... more skill lines for magica characters at different ranges. A mixed melee and magica skill line, certainly. A mid range, high DPS skill line also sounds quite interesting I would think. And possibly more, as written there...

Of course, cannot expect the stamina characters to go empty handed, right? Especialyl since there -are- several medieval weapon choices still unfulfilled... polearm, flail, crossbow, javelins, frigging bare handed brawling... but I guess we shall see, maybe someday ZOS will do something in this direction...