The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Future Classes?

BloodOfTheNorth
Greetings all!
This has been a discussion I have had everywhere besides the forums, and this is my first forum post, but I have been active in the community this entire time.

I'm genuinely curious to hear more about future skill line ideas (like guild lines) or future class ideas, (People have been asking for Necro since beta, myself included, and we got it!) so what's next?

Any ideas?
Has this been talked about already?

Regards,

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A berserk class. I wanna a character that fights like Guts with an ultimate that gives me the Berserk armor with a new aggressive ability loadout.

Make it happen ZOS!
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Daus wrote: »
    A berserk class. I wanna a character that fights like Guts with an ultimate that gives me the Berserk armor with a new aggressive ability loadout.

Make it happen ZOS!

Maybe as a hand to hand weapon Skill line?
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A legitimate ice mage! With an ice atronach and ice wraith pets.

Bard

Would be nice.

Current state of eso is very stale.
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d love to see a Battlemages class built on slower, more tactical combat and drawing inspiration from alteration and illusion more than destruction. Spells like Ironflesh, Telekinesis for the tanks, Morrowind/Oblivion style flame shields to reflect damage etc. Gives scope for stam and mag morphs and fits with the lore (particularly for imperials). Could also allow one hand and rune to be introduced, which would be amazing and potentially allow for hybrid builds to become a thing.
  • BloodOfTheNorth
    Hand to hand would be awesome!

Personally I think a Bard type class would cool, or a strict summoning class, regarding the later of the two something that focuses more on Daedra, and only Daedra, or a Dwemer Artificer.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah some new weapon skill lines. one that is magic tanking so that frost staff can be a dps weapon.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me get that monk class bb. I've been wanting to give these hands to other players in the literal sense for a long time now.

Edit: or a DragonKnight that uses the world(earth) around them offensively. Like a what a Stam DK could be....just a thought.
    Edited by TrinityBreaker on July 11, 2019 12:48AM
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about like... an air mage... yeah...

Like... a sorcerer... that uses stamina... a stamsorc if you will...
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sniper class!!!! with 50 cal 20 mm etc etc oooo <3
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard would be a great one.

Witch Hunter could be an interesting anti-magic sort of class.

As for new skill lines, I'd like to see maybe a Knights of the Lamp skill line, that could pair well witht he Mage's Guild skill line. Or maybe get a College of Winterhold Skill line.

At this point, you could probably point to any class in a previous TES title, or a faction and get something interesting out of it.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

Make it happen ZOS!

Maybe as a hand to hand weapon Skill line?

Lol not quite. I'd post a video of what I'm talking about, but I don't know how ZOS would feel about violent animes.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think something kinda like the undaunted skill line would be cool, where the synergies are primary. Or maybe just an undaunted ultimate. Mostly I think there's enough skills and classes in the game at this point. Adding more skill lines without removing others would start to make the shear number of skills available kinda crazy and I'd imagine hard to balance.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Split warden into two classes- ice mage & druid archetypes.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Class: Gina

All of your abilities are forum related and your ultimates are twitch related. Your passives are discord related but falls under the "social media" category tieing into all skills and ultimates.

The only class allowed to use the thuum: "Soon"

Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loathe the idea of additional classes, but would LOVE some new weapons. Guild and world skill lines are ok too.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish would become classless mmo and we have the ability to choose from a few lists of skills and make our own type of classes unique like we could in morrowind.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about like... an air mage... yeah...

Like... a sorcerer... that uses stamina... a stamsorc if you will...

@validifyedneb18_ESO

26fecdc184e5dac13715c580868238a3--manicure-ideas-mother-earth.jpg
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What we miss is a true buffer.
    Unique buffs, I think bard is good
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the point, the classes are all becoming the same anyway
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    Yes please! The ice on Warden makes no sense.
    I would prefer a Spriggan theme damage skill line.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on July 11, 2019 2:01AM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    worrallj wrote: »
    Yes please! The ice on Warden makes no sense.
    I would prefer a Spriggan theme damage skill line.

Transform into a Lurcher plz.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• PardusMelas
    PardusMelas
    ✭✭
    what new class you talking about ? players preparing quit game if next update go live.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weapon
    Unarmed as stam dps weapon
    Illusion staff (aggro, fear, stun,etc) as magica tank weapon an thus making ice destro the magika equivalant to dagger
    Alteration staff(buff and debuff)
    Spears(crit based wep)

Guild
    Bard college
    Worm cult?(maybe we are sent there as a spy and toward the end we can either destroy that "sanctuary" or kill the one we were spying for)
    Clollege of winterhold
    Companion
    Dawngard
    Some sort of vampire guild
    Greybeard

Crafting
    Siege crafing
    Spellcrafting(if it ever happen)

Edited for spears
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on July 11, 2019 9:38PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oddly, I kinda want to see eso2 with a totally redone system that is classless. I tend to prefer classless RPGs as it allows so much more flexibility in coming up with a workable character concept.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spears. They disappeared after Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

But before they add any classes, I'd like to see the ability to swap classes, or at least a class change / alliance change token. Otherwise more classes will just result in character slot inflation and that has problems of its own.

FFXIV solved character slot inflation by simply allowing everyone to play every class. You have to completely switch over to another class so you can't mix class skills per se, but it helps a lot.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 11, 2019 5:15AM
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clockwork Mage and Magicka 1H/Focus are on the top of my wishlist.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think eso has room for more classes. I can definitely see a lot more skill lines coming. Hopefully not another dark brotherhood/thieves guild fiasco where they give us a skill line filled with useless passives and no useable skills.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monks (or something similar) are a part of the Elsewyre main quest line, so I think they are a chance.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bard.... unique and not yet covered by any archetype... good for group support, supported by eso lore and there is even a guild
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classes are only using 1-2 class skills this patch. Stamina classes have always used weapon skills, but as of this patch, magicka classes will be primarily using guild/world skills too.

If anything, I suggest getting rid of classes. They already serve minimal purpose.