The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Future Classes?

• AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classes are only using 1-2 class skills this patch. Stamina classes have always used weapon skills, but as of this patch, magicka classes will be primarily using guild/world skills too.

If anything, I suggest getting rid of classes. They already serve minimal purpose.

While they are at it, let me RP as the Race that I want, with the passives that I want B)
  • Kynewynn
    Kynewynn
    ✭✭
    I'd like to play a Shaman class.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO. No more classes!
    They finally have to add more game systems that we can use with our existing characters. The last serious addition in that regard was the champion system. I'm tired of having to make new characters to play the content of new chapters.

If anything, they could add new skill lines to existing classes. Maybe even secondary class trees, so a Nightblade could either become a Witchhunter or an Assassin, etc. Although that would mean 12 new skill lines, and they can barely get 3 working ones done every 2 years.

Templar --> Crusader / Pilgrim
    Sorcerer --> Battlemage / Archmage
    Dragonknight --> Spellsword / Pyromancer
    Nightblade --> Witchhunter / Assassin
    Warden --> Monk / Cryomancer
    Necromancer --> Witchknight / Bonelord
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • damdamjel
    damdamjel
    ✭✭✭
    Sword singers/Ansei warriors,. despite them being superstition on mid 2nd era. just like the jedi, there might still be exiled masters passing teachings and hiding around. but i think its enough classes for now. we might need new skill lines atleast or new weapons. something new for the old players.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classes:
    Greybeard
    Battlemage
    Monk
    Berserker
    Astrologist (Way different than ff14 one no cards but draws power from the different signs of eso and channels them)

Skill lines:
    Morag Tong assassin line that buffs money made with assassinations as well as other more interesting skills like distracting enemies, setting traps, and other stealth stuff to make stealth more interesting.
    Bard College
    Blades
    Blind Moth Priest
    Something argonian when black Marsh comes possibly xanmeer related? We simly don’t know because they could go anywhere with black Marsh.

Weapons:
    Spear
    Summoned melee weapons that scale off magic.
    Crossbow
    Throwing weapons
    Unarmed
    Edited by Aptonoth on July 11, 2019 8:30AM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the grim dark darkness of the far future there are no classes only nerf wars.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people say there is no room but honestly I don’t care as a pve person I want more opportunities to role play. I could see eso ending with a healthy... 10-12 classes before we start hitting other continents lol. At that point I think they would stop adding new ones and focus more on skill lines, weapons, and new zones. I want them to really nail unique classes for eso though nit some generic stuff that could be in any mmo. Most of the default classes are so generic and standard which is why I love warden and Necromancer these say eso.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell Crafting & New Weapons

I think regarding classes we have everything now that we need.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    something that will be exactly the same as every other class whos mag version will come out in and unplayabe state and likely remain that way for yrs
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure we need new classes (and I have quite a bit of sympathy for the no classes at all argument), but new skill lines would be great. One handed and rune especially, and spears, but seperating ice (so we can have water/ice based dps) and wardens (so they are nature based only - love the spriggan idea) would be great.
    PC-EU.
  • Jenzi
    Jenzi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love the conjurer class from Skyrim. Bound weapons are just so cool, and being able to conjure up a whole load of different animals/Dremora/companions is so much fun.

I would also love a Monk class with front bar fists, back bar polearm. Incorporate the new kata movements into the fighting style.
    Edited by Jenzi on July 11, 2019 12:43PM
  • BloodOfTheNorth
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Classes:
    Greybeard
    Battlemage
    Monk
    Berserker
    Astrologist (Way different than ff14 one no cards but draws power from the different signs of eso and channels them)

Skill lines:
    Morag Tong assassin line that buffs money made with assassinations as well as other more interesting skills like distracting enemies, setting traps, and other stealth stuff to make stealth more interesting.
    Bard College
    Blades
    Blind Moth Priest
    Something argonian when black Marsh comes possibly xanmeer related? We simly don’t know because they could go anywhere with black Marsh.

Weapons:
    Spear
    Summoned melee weapons that scale off magic.
    Crossbow
    Throwing weapons
    Unarmed

Unfortunately the Blades aren't created until Tiber Septim iirc
    Edited by BloodOfTheNorth on July 11, 2019 2:16PM
  • BloodOfTheNorth
    Hmmm,
    I think removing skill lines would be an interesting idea and add more focused/expanded archetypes.

Personally I think they should add at least 2 more broader classes and 4-5 more weapon and guild lines.

IMO expanding the combinations for builds expands the meta which prevents mass nerfs.
    Edited by BloodOfTheNorth on July 11, 2019 2:16PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have a magicka melee weapon but for a class, I'd like an illusion oriented class
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Battlemage would be cool.

It could use bound weaponry mixed in with alteration and illusion to tank/DPS.
    Despair for the Living...
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, most ideas have been said above.

Skill lines weapons:

- Hand-to-hand
    - One hand and Spell
    - Illusion Staves
    - Mysticism Staves

Classes:

- Atromancer (conjure, Flame, Frost, Storm Atronach)
    - Cryomancer (Frost mage)
    - Monk
    - Bard

Skill line guilds:

- Morag Tong
    - Aldmeri Dominion/EP/DC skill lines
    - Racial skills
    - Glenmoryl Witch
    - Briarheart

Possibilities are endless.

And while we are at it:

Spellcrafting

And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • BloodOfTheNorth
    Yeah an Illusion skill tree would be awesome for Magtanks.

And a Spell sword / battlemage are some of my favorite builds from Oblivion and Skyrim.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I got a unique ESO class idea.

The Delver: An expert engineer who uses a mix of dwarven technology, and other lost culture Knick knacks to fight. I think there could be some real potential here for lots of ESO flavour.
  • BloodOfTheNorth
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Oh I got a unique ESO class idea.

The Delver: An expert engineer who uses a mix of dwarven technology, and other lost culture Knick knacks to fight. I think there could be some real potential here for lots of ESO flavour.

Agreed! This is what I was referring to regarding the Dwemer Artificer class!
  • FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    Do we really need more classes added? They can't even find balance with the ones we got now!
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • BloodOfTheNorth
    Do we really need more classes added? They can't even find balance with the ones we got now!

See the community is torn regarding this.
    Some see the new patch as a way to balance and open the meta.
    Others are irritated and view it with a more negative perspective.

I am keen on discovering new builds and adapting to change, and because of this I think new classes and skills would be an interesting opportunity to build hard counters for existing meta builds.
    Edited by BloodOfTheNorth on July 11, 2019 3:33PM
  • Xarko
    Xarko
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think we need a whole new monk class. Templar and Nightblade already kinda cover some of the typical monk stuff.

Hand to Hand/Martial arts skill line should have been a no brainer for Elsweyr though.
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 letter word for you. 👉BARD👈
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking for a basket weaving class....

:#
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No such thing as a balanced mmorpg, far too many variables to consider.
    ESO:
    Armor types/passives
    Armor sets
    Traits
    Enchants
    Skills/morphs/passives
    Attributes
    CP
    Weapon types
    Level
    Non base-game skill lines
    Racials
    Roles/playstyle
    Experience
    Variations of pve components & paywall
    Item quality
    Animations
    Combat (melee, range, mid-range, dots, aoe, healing, buffs, debuffs, block, dodge, bash, cc, etc..)
    Timing/durations

Best they can do is try to get as close as they can, even that goal is a reach.
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a standard bearer class. One of the skill lines could be marching drums and it could be a class that focus on buffing your group and debuffing enemies.
  • fakingfocused
    fakingfocused
    ✭✭✭
    Berserker class would be awesome!!
    Daus wrote: »
    A berserk class. I wanna a character that fights like Guts with an ultimate that gives me the Berserk armor with a new aggressive ability loadout.

Make it happen ZOS!

Yes I second this^. That would be incredibly awesome! Along with class change tokens.
  • BloodOfTheNorth
    I want a standard bearer class. One of the skill lines could be marching drums and it could be a class that focus on buffing your group and debuffing enemies.

This could be roped into a Bard or Faction skill line.
  • FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

ESO:
    Armor types/passives
    Armor sets
    Traits
    Enchants
    Skills/morphs/passives
    Attributes
    CP
    Weapon types
    Level
    Racials
    Roles/playstyle
    Experience
    Item quality
    Animations
    Combat (melee, range, mid-range, dots, aoe, healing, buffs, debuffs, block, dodge, bash, cc, etc..)
    Timing/durations

I dunno , WoW and GW used to do a pretty good job. Took them years to get there, and at times hit or miss , but overall they did well. Especially considering dual speccing for pve/PvP.
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

ESO:
    Armor types/passives
    Armor sets
    Traits
    Enchants
    Skills/morphs/passives
    Attributes
    CP
    Weapon types
    Level
    Racials
    Roles/playstyle
    Experience
    Item quality
    Animations
    Timing/durations

I dunno , WoW and GW used to do a pretty good job. Took them years to get there, and at times hit or miss , but overall they did well. Especially considering dual speccing for pve/PvP.

Dual specs would be a great qol feature for ESO.