The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No history = crippled trade guilds

StabbityDoom
StabbityDoom
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
They cannot check donations, raffle purchases, guild dues. They cannot even use master merchant to help with pricing, because no history. Please understand how dire this is. I NEVER complain like this on the forums. But you are killing us.
PC/NA
EHT zealot
streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to jump to conclusions and I am not yelling. I'd love an ETA but so would everyone else. I'll be patient, but not gonna take it without saying something. It's dire for many guilds and they may not be able to make the money they need for bids if this goes on too long.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A much bigger immediate issue needs to be addressed that is connected directly to the lack of history and this has been long standing. There is no way to turn off the ability to deposit gold into guild banks. Let that sink in for a moment. People are still depositing gold into the banks, possibly for legit raffles. There is zero record of this transaction. Even if the tracking is turned back on, will be be able to see these older deposits? 5 days? Once turned back on, if the history will only go back 5 days, you can't do a weekly raffle. The first two days will be cut off.

Please ZOS, enable the ability to turn off guild gold deposits while this stopgap is in place. Players are throwing gold into a void with no record. That's unacceptable.
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    But now the game runs much better!!! maybe the functions from MM should be provided by ZOS?
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A much bigger immediate issue needs to be addressed that is connected directly to the lack of history and this has been long standing. There is no way to turn off the ability to deposit gold into guild banks. Let that sink in for a moment. People are still depositing gold into the banks, possibly for legit raffles. There is zero record of this transaction. Even if the tracking is turned back on, will be be able to see these older deposits? 5 days? Once turned back on, if the history will only go back 5 days, you can't do a weekly raffle. The first two days will be cut off.

Please ZOS, enable the ability to turn off guild gold deposits while this stopgap is in place. Players are throwing gold into a void with no record. That's unacceptable.

GMs can and should disable the ability to deposit. It is under the perms for each rank.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And just to be clear, this doesn't only effect trading guilds negatively.

Any guild with active membership and/or a guild store/trader is impacted by this ...
    dry.gif

@ZOS_GinaBruno

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »

GMs can and should disable the ability to deposit. It is under the perms for each rank.

You would think so, but there is no option to turn off guild bank gold depositing. It's never been there. You can turn off the ability to deposit items into a guild bank, but you can't stop anyone from depositing gold.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to echo Stabbity, this is a very serious issue. GMs are scrambling, fundraising events are being canceled... no fun at all.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered how they knew if we gave our gold each week.

Looks like they don't. :(
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maxx7410 wrote: »
    But now the game runs much better!!! maybe the functions from MM should be provided by ZOS?

Them mentioning it shows how vital it is. But no, it isn't the fault of any addons reading history, and we shouldn't let them think that because then it won't be a priority to get the history for these addons working again.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered how they knew if we gave our gold each week.

Looks like they don't. :(

No, and a lot of GMs aren't home yet and cannot even inform their guilds not to deposit anything while this is going on.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is just ridiculous. This is crippling to running guilds, especially trade guilds. Is ZoS truly this hellbent on destroying communities?
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is just ridiculous. This is crippling to running guilds, especially trade guilds. Is ZoS truly this hellbent on destroying communities?

I also thought it was VERY INTERESTING that they dropped the world premiere of the trailer at EXACTLY trader flip. Like, to the second.... thanks. So much.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another tag, another thread to watch.

What a day.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maxx7410 wrote: »

Interesting how they are “killing it” takes on new meanings every day.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also thought it was VERY INTERESTING that they dropped the world premiere of the trailer at EXACTLY trader flip. Like, to the second.... thanks. So much.

Who knew that'd be the nicest thing they did to trade guilds this week? I sure didn't.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »

Who knew that'd be the nicest thing they did to trade guilds this week? I sure didn't.

I actually was screaming at my monitor. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US?! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WE EXIST?!"

I mayyyy have issues.
    Edited by StabbityDoom on June 11, 2019 7:08PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • SteamKitten01
    SteamKitten01
    ✭✭✭
    I called it and told my co-GMs when I saw the time of the Bethesda E3 presentation that ESO would be on stage right at flip on Sunday. And I also thought that would be the worst thing I was dealing with this week.

Now though, with no way of tracking raffle tickets and/or donations, no MM to track sales, and this endless barrage of issues, it's just one headache after another.

Please ZOS let us know when things will be fixed so business as usual can resume. And when guild history is restored, please make sure it shows everything from the time while it was turned off.
    SteamKitten01- GM of The Traveling Torchbug (PC/NA)
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed some comments from this thread that were inappropriate. Please keep your posts civil and constructive. I can understand being upset but that does not justify violating the Forum Rules.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Anslay
    Anslay
    ✭✭✭

Rright? Trying to find a way to manage through this fresh hell is a challenge that I never wanted to add to my life. Please remedy this at high priority; it's a nightmare.
    GM Ethereal Traders Union | Ethereal Traders Union II
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    We have removed some comments from this thread that were inappropriate. Please keep your posts civil and constructive. I can understand being upset but that does not justify violating the Forum Rules.

This is not helpful in any way nor does it leave a good impression of management when we NEVER get any actual responses to these concerns. ZOS broke a MAJOR part of guilds. They broke, apparently permanently, in-guild sales tracking addons (which should be inbuilts across all platforms anyway). They point the finger at guild history and addons when both are COMPLETELY UNRELATED to chat lag, the alliance war, or friends lists.

Send this feedback to your bosses, this game is getting worse and worse by the day. It doesn't deserve any of the money it gets right now
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anslay wrote: »

Rright? Trying to find a way to manage through this fresh hell is a challenge that I never wanted to add to my life. Please remedy this at high priority; it's a nightmare.

Welcome to the party, dearie.

Lemme know if you figure out the little things. You know, like telling how much taxes you've pulled in so you can make an informed kiosk bid... Jebus.
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Trade guilds are just inconvenienced for a bit, they aren't crippled. They can't function as they normally would. They will just have to adapt and wait our the storm. It's okay to back away from the ledge lol
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I think you meant guild masters, but otherwise, *thumbs up*
    Thought about that for a second but i figured the GMs will eventually be able to rally the masses. Or not ...
    dry.gif

Just as soon as I can get a PC for pitchforks and torches, I'll encourage my guildies to buy them en masse. ;)

Oh I'm sorry, they're crown store only. And not currently available.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So basically they want PC to be on equal footing as the consoles really..

CtooA-VWIAAViqN.jpg
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Trade guilds are just inconvenienced for a bit, they aren't crippled. They can't function as they normally would. They will just have to adapt and wait our the storm. It's okay to back away from the ledge lol

Spoken like someone who doesn't run a trade guild nor has any idea of the intricacies therein.

Instead of talking down to us, maybe you can let us continue to advocate for our ~500 guildies and the system we've been using for years.

Edit: in light of "that person runs a fairly large trade guild" - I'd be legitimately interested to see what you do to run your guild and how you adapt to not having accessible info on your sales.
    Edited by reoskit on June 11, 2019 8:02PM
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    So basically they want PC to be on equal footing as the consoles really..

CtooA-VWIAAViqN.jpg

Not really, at least on console you can manually review your guild history, so you are miles ahead of us on PC right now.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Have you even been in a trade guild? Like, one that has to do auctions and raffles just to make their bid every week? You can't say something like this if you have. You'd know how much trade guilds survive by tracking this stuff.

PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have you even been in a trade guild? Like, one that has to do auctions and raffles just to make their bid every week? You can't say something like this if you have. You'd know how much trade guilds survive by tracking this stuff.

That person runs a fairly large trade guild. (Not that I agree with them on this, just saying)
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How it is possible that you can broke something with EVERY patch? Please, hire real testers. Or you will "killing it" to much
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First the whole mixup at Rawl-kha (which I admit isn't ZoS's fault, but still a major inconvenience for the guilds that usually rent traders there) and now this. As a member of BBC I tip my hat to the GM's and officers working tirelessly through these tenebrous times.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
This discussion has been closed.