POLL: Performance fix or new content(vote and help show zos)

• Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Did this maintenance screw it up again?
    Options
  • mongoLC
    mongoLC
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the point. Zos will just read this poll as people want more items in the crown store.
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get to 1000 votes
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time a poll had this many votes and was so one sided was the aoe caps one.

Still took them 2 yrs after the poll to decide that it was suddenly too strong and remove it.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Doc45 wrote: »
    You introduced bias in your description of why you're conducting the poll, so it's likely ZOS will see the results as invalid. Were you looking for more of a petition?

My bias in my description is evident yes. That is how I feel and alot of people I play with. The game as it stands is unplayable for many. Right now we are toughing it out and hoping they will do something but it is not happening. I gave enough options for people to Express their opinion. The top option is not to get zos to stop content as we know that will not happen. They must continue to release new content in order to keep the game progressing. But to see that enough people would rather have a game fix then new content may influence them to put a bigger push on fixing it. If they want to maintain a large player base the game must be playable in all aspects. Players are very spread out. You have those who pvp, those who only do bgs, those who only run dungeons. Those who mainly run trials, those who focus on questing, those who are all about crafting and housing design, those who run guilds and that's it, those who are all about auctions and buying and selling.
    Options
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Get to 1000 votes

That was my starting goal with this poll. Hopefully that will be enough to show them something
    Options
  • Neechee
    Neechee
    ✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    I feel for you guys on PC-EU :(

thx a lot *cry*
    Das Ministry sucht DICH!!!
    Options
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will only do what makes quick easy money for their new projects, lets hope people don't have short memories when any future products are released by this company.
    Options
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    More stories! 😇
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    eso_lags wrote: »
    We'll exactly.

To those who keep saying that they are different departments, yes. I'm sure 99% of posters on this thread understand that the people doing the design are not also doing the coding. But the point is that with every release of new content, things get worse game-wide. Perhaps if they delayed the release for a short while and fixed some performance issues, it might help. No need for he designers to down tools.

Of course, it might be that the issues are unfixable and Zos are aware of that, so are releasing content to milk it, knowing the game only has a finite shelf life. Would explain the utter lack of communication.

Even though you mention it you still actually ignore that not everyone has the skill set to work on bugs. That means you are actually suggesting Zos pay these people to do nothing or lay them off. Neither makes sense and it really is that simple.

You also ignore that last time Zos ceased releasing product people quit the game. A large number never returned. Half of my first guild never returned to the game after PC 1.6. Across the board that adds up to serious money losses and it is real.

And yes, most probably understand this when they really think of it as most work places probably have a degree of specialization. Heck, it has been ages since I worked on a team where most actually knew what I did and how I did it. Of course the group I work in is full of people with similar experience but we all work on different teams.

You make it seem like the people who make the content, which is supposed to be a certain way, could not then turn around and fix the things they broke when they put the new content out that didnt Come out that certain way.

You make it seem as though everyone that works for Zos is a programmer and it should be obvious that is far from the case. So the sound people, graphic artists, story writers and such are often not able to find and fix issues with the game.

This is common and normal team type settings with game studios. So if it seems that I am saying that not everyone involved in creating new content has the skill set necessary for fixing bugs in the game then congratulations. You understand perfectly.

It is pretty much this way in any business that has a heavy technical aspect to it.

Not really. All i was really saying is that there is no reason that the people who create the DLC, or update, cannot fix it. Im not saying the sound guy is going to fix the elsweyr performance issues but someone created it and it you would think they could work on fixing it as well. Even a group of people. However, i think its more likely that they are already working on the next update and they dont have that many people working on performance and bug issues.
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waynerx8 wrote: »
    ZOS will only do what makes quick easy money for their new projects, lets hope people don't have short memories when any future products are released by this company.

absolutely. Hope people never forget how bad they've let it get, for years, and with maybe one update about performance per year... such a shame to let parts of the game deteriorate to being nearly unplayable. And then whenever they do talk about it they seem to not understand how bad it is, like its not a big deal.. At least when it comes to pvp performance over the last couple years. But this elsweyr thing is ridiculous as well.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll exactly.

To those who keep saying that they are different departments, yes. I'm sure 99% of posters on this thread understand that the people doing the design are not also doing the coding. But the point is that with every release of new content, things get worse game-wide. Perhaps if they delayed the release for a short while and fixed some performance issues, it might help. No need for he designers to down tools.

Of course, it might be that the issues are unfixable and Zos are aware of that, so are releasing content to milk it, knowing the game only has a finite shelf life. Would explain the utter lack of communication.

Even though you mention it you still actually ignore that not everyone has the skill set to work on bugs. That means you are actually suggesting Zos pay these people to do nothing or lay them off. Neither makes sense and it really is that simple.

You also ignore that last time Zos ceased releasing product people quit the game. A large number never returned. Half of my first guild never returned to the game after PC 1.6. Across the board that adds up to serious money losses and it is real.

And yes, most probably understand this when they really think of it as most work places probably have a degree of specialization. Heck, it has been ages since I worked on a team where most actually knew what I did and how I did it. Of course the group I work in is full of people with similar experience but we all work on different teams.

You make it seem like the people who make the content, which is supposed to be a certain way, could not then turn around and fix the things they broke when they put the new content out that didnt Come out that certain way.

You make it seem as though everyone that works for Zos is a programmer and it should be obvious that is far from the case. So the sound people, graphic artists, story writers and such are often not able to find and fix issues with the game.

This is common and normal team type settings with game studios. So if it seems that I am saying that not everyone involved in creating new content has the skill set necessary for fixing bugs in the game then congratulations. You understand perfectly.

It is pretty much this way in any business that has a heavy technical aspect to it.

Im not saying the sound guy is going to fix the elsweyr performance issues

You are correct that not all have the skill set to work on bugs, That is exactly what I have been saying. Those people either get paid to do nothing or get laid off and have to start looking for a new opportunity. If they are laid off then Zos loses their story writers, graphical artists and others that they would then have to search for new talent.

Or again, those people get paid to do nothing, which they might like.

This also has nothing to do with Zos adding to the team that does work on bugs, but that is not what OP is asking. The OP asks if ZOs should shut down operations on new content and fix bugs or should just keep working on new content which is the fatal flaw in their argument and why it is a bad business choice across the board.
    Edited by idk on June 18, 2019 3:36AM
    Options
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    We'll exactly.

Im not saying the sound guy is going to fix the elsweyr performance issues

You are correct that not all have the skill set to work on bugs, That is exactly what I have been saying. Those people either get paid to do nothing or get laid off and have to start looking for a new opportunity. If they are laid off then Zos loses their story writers, graphical artists and others that they would then have to search for new talent.

Or again, those people get paid to do nothing, which they might like.

This also has nothing to do with Zos adding to the team that does work on bugs, but that is not what OP is asking. The OP asks if ZOs should shut down operations on new content and fix bugs or should just keep working on new content which is the fatal flaw in their argument and why it is a bad business choice across the board.

No, they have several ongoing projects at a time, why would you want to fire everyone? Biggest issue is just that all competent programmers and those who work with the engine and back-end performance probably have been moved away from ESO a long time ago to other projects.
    Edited by Daviiid_ESO on June 18, 2019 8:06AM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ]

Not really. All i was really saying is that there is no reason that the people who create the DLC, or update, cannot fix it. Im not saying the sound guy is going to fix the elsweyr performance issues but someone created it and it you would think they could work on fixing it as well. Even a group of people. However, i think its more likely that they are already working on the next update and they dont have that many people working on performance and bug issues.

Oh, if they follow the pattern, I am reasonably sure that the bulk of the studio is currently working on the next two (three?) DLC updates, and the 2020 Chapter. Some of that will include people working on assorted bug fixes.

How many people working on performance is more a matter of how many are needed. The number is less important than having the right people working on it, and then letting them do the work.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ]

Oh, if they follow the pattern, I am reasonably sure that the bulk of the studio is currently working on the next two (three?) DLC updates, and the 2020 Chapter. Some of that will include people working on assorted bug fixes.

How many people working on performance is more a matter of how many are needed. The number is less important than having the right people working on it, and then letting them do the work.

Makes sense that the seniors who worked on ESO would be moved to their mobile game or new MMO.
    Options
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still no word, seems like they will ignore this.
    Options
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Still no word, seems like they will ignore this.

I have never seen them respond to anything that isnt a ticket not being helped with yet. That's it. Of course they will ignore this. They tell news and public everything is amazing. So they won't ever admit they have an issue. Responding here will prove there is something and be acknowledging it.
    Options
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remeber seeing polls like this years ago, with the same majority saying they want fixes so they can just play the game.

How yall liking that crownstore huh?
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why does it have to be one or the other? I think being a long term successful game would require BOTH.
    Options
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why does it have to be one or the other? I think being a long term successful game would require BOTH.

Yes but it seems like they are just digging their grave deeper at the moment, since the performance and servers seem to get worse and worse with each patch.
    Options
  • Welkynar
    Welkynar
    ✭✭✭
    60 fps on Xbox One X please or cross-save so I can play on PC (Bungie can do it so ZOS can too!)
    Options
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's there performance

https://youtu.be/xrOemHCbYwE
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only way they would ever take this seriously is if a performance fix would profit them. Would you guys pay for a DLC that had no content just fixes? I probably would...
    Options
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you think they'll listen? Nah, I gave up the performance upgrade protest eons ago.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Only way they would ever take this seriously is if a performance fix would profit them. Would you guys pay for a DLC that had no content just fixes? I probably would...

I'd pay double
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stpdmonkey wrote: »

I wish it would bring at least some result. As for now we receive only total ignore.

As far as zos is concerned we are showing only a .01% of the community here. There is a lack of realization that of their claimed 13.5 million users there are many multiple accounts for users and many inactive this is a better representation of maybe 5% of actual players. As well as a higher percent of those who actually care about the game enough to say something. All we can do is keep increasing the number of people saying something and eventually there will be a point they have to do something. If we can possibly get in thousands of votes and show them what's going on they will have to do something[/quote]

I have 9 accounts for eso js and know many that has same or more
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on June 19, 2019 10:25PM
    Options
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭

I wish it would bring at least some result. As for now we receive only total ignore.

As far as zos is concerned we are showing only a .01% of the community here. There is a lack of realization that of their claimed 13.5 million users there are many multiple accounts for users and many inactive this is a better representation of maybe 5% of actual players. As well as a higher percent of those who actually care about the game enough to say something. All we can do is keep increasing the number of people saying something and eventually there will be a point they have to do something. If we can possibly get in thousands of votes and show them what's going on they will have to do something

I have 9 accounts for eso js and know many that has same or more [/quote]

That's true. But also only .01%, of their total users are on their forums. But as with any results with a poll or similar things this ends up enlarging on a bigger scale. Same type of situation as with any study or anything. Like anything that states 1 in 5 people blah blah blah. They don't survey the entire world. They usually only survey 1000ish people to maybe 10000.
    Options
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    I’m on xbox NA and the lag is edging closer and closer to unbearable, for example: i was tanking a dungeon and adds spawned after I passed their spawn point. I try puncturing and it takes forever... skills dont fire, I have to hit the button again and guess what now it double fires, it is wasting my resources and trying my patience.

This is like a bad relationship. I know I COULD DO BETTER THAN YOU. You’re not even trying, and I’m only around because I have so much time invested. I guess I’ll start looking around, got to be someone that will treat me better.
    Options
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭

As far as zos is concerned we are showing only a .01% of the community here. There is a lack of realization that of their claimed 13.5 million users there are many multiple accounts for users and many inactive this is a better representation of maybe 5% of actual players. As well as a higher percent of those who actually care about the game enough to say something. All we can do is keep increasing the number of people saying something and eventually there will be a point they have to do something. If we can possibly get in thousands of votes and show them what's going on they will have to do something

I have 9 accounts for eso js and know many that has same or more

There is a lot of people who dont even know the forum exist, or people who just dont want to make an account etc. But the opinions on the forum, and polls like these reflect a larger part of the total active player base, definitely.
    Edited by Daviiid_ESO on June 20, 2019 2:31PM
    Options
  • ArenGesus
    ArenGesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabatha wrote: »
    I’m on xbox NA and the lag is edging closer and closer to unbearable, for example: i was tanking a dungeon and adds spawned after I passed their spawn point. I try puncturing and it takes forever... skills dont fire, I have to hit the button again and guess what now it double fires, it is wasting my resources and trying my patience.

This is like a bad relationship. I know I COULD DO BETTER THAN YOU. You’re not even trying, and I’m only around because I have so much time invested. I guess I’ll start looking around, got to be someone that will treat me better.

I think I'm just going the eunuch route, because the sad truth is that there aren't other games out there that interest me at the moment. Your metaphor is spot on though- a lot of people are here due to previous time invested only, myself included. But not after Rich's farce of an explanation for why performance is so bad (ie, it just happened recently due to the guild finder... it definitely wasn't bad before that). The only poll that matters is the one where you vote with your wallet and my last straw is already on top of the load. My SSD is losing so much weight today.
    Options