Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

POLL: Performance fix or new content(vote and help show zos)

• Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone that works in the online gaming industry will tell you this basic truth - You have to do Both fixes and add content.
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I want to agree with those who say "vote with your wallet and cancel your subs,....then they will fix it". I'm not sure that's the answer either. Unfortunately, that could and has worked out differently with other money driven companies running mmos. In principle this is a great idea, but in practice, they could and probably will just shift their focus off of this game, siting the player base is inactive. Then they might just make more cutbacks, and milk doubly hard until most people are gone and the servers are down. SO I'm just not so sure that is the right tactic. I'm not advocating spending buckets of money as usual either. I'm just showing the flip side of this situation. I also think. People should just decide for themselves what they think is right for them, and not be told what to do.
    Edited by Arrodisia on June 13, 2019 12:08AM
    Options
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    valeriiya wrote: »
    It's not happening, Rob already said that earlier this year :(

Slowing Down Content Releases and the Great Fix Patch
    I spoke with Rob about the fast release of updates and if ZOS had considered doing a “Great Fix Patch” for one of their updates. He said it’s a question they get a lot and whilst it’s not off the table they as a company do need to produce for everyone and a majority of the bugs and issues faced are not ones everyone encounters or are drastically halting gameplay, as such they need to continue creating content for people who want new content to play and and don’t play at the higher level to notice if a skill or mechanic works a little wonky.

The most despicable comment I have ever read from these developers.
    “Mechanic works a little wonky” what a ****ing disgrace. They’re not wonky. THE GAME IS ABSOLUTELY UNPLAYABLE. Whoever said that statement should immediately resign because I’m absolutely disgusted that these incompetent developers have the audacity to say something as absurd as “mechanic works a little wonky”
    You better start supporting your veteran player base or this game will die very quickly if you only support the lower tier new players.
    That’s what’s so wrong with the gaming industry nowadays. They don’t give a **** they only care for money and brining in new suckers to buy their stuff.

@frostz417 that quote was from @ZOS_RobGarrett which makes it extra disgusting coming from the guy in charge of "Lead Gameplay Designer on ESO, overseeing the Systems, Combat, PvP, and User Interface teams."
    All they see is $$$ and until their money dips they have no reason to do anything.
    Options
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was a little nervous to view poll results, but good job eso community, you delivered. <3
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once again, content and bug / performance fixes are TWO SEPERATE DAMN THINGS!

[snip]

[Edit for bait.]

Of course they are but the people making the content are putting it out with horrible bugs and performance issues. It should be priority number one for the entire company when it comes to the elder scrolls online.

Unfortunately most of the issues are ignored, especially wen it comes to cyrodil.
    Edited by eso_lags on June 13, 2019 1:32AM
    Options
  • rsantijw13
    rsantijw13
    ✭✭✭
    The name of the new Chapter should be ESO: Bug Fixes. Now I would pay for that if the new features of the game would include a guild bank system that doesnt need 20 minutes to deposit. Mail doesnt take a zone out to get plus many more.hell I would pre order now
    Options
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stpdmonkey wrote: »
    I am creating a poll to try and help press zos to possibly give the true players the game they want. Do note that it is understood new content will not stop. But maybe just maybe we can get a bigger focus on fixes started.

It's not an either or situation. If they abandon the new content then the game will die and they will not have enough funds to fix things everyone wants fixed. If they abandon the fixes in exchange for the new content then they will disenfranchise their existing players which in turn will cause the game to die. They must play a careful balancing act to both get the game fixed while continuing to expand it.
    Options
  • rsantijw13
    rsantijw13
    ✭✭✭
    http://chng.it/SkqW6jHF sign this and maybe this will open their eyes
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, this is not an either-or thing. Content designers aren't necessarily skilled to fix the bugs that need fixing.

The best thing I could see would be a compromise where a big chapter release and a small DLC are dropped for something like this:
    • Focus on Bug and Performance fixes
    • Content / Zone teams overhaul old zones with new assets (something they would like to do anyway but don't have the time for)
    • Higher difficulty setting for overland zones (only gameplay update, this together with overhauled zones would invigorate older content in lieu of actual new content)
    • Massive crown store sale: Everything that has ever been sold in the Crown Store makes a return for the duration of this update (3-6 months). That would certainly improve crown sales to make up for the lost revenue from DLC / chapter sales.

This could be marketed similarly to One Tamriel as a great overhaul / polish of the game. I'm optimistic it could work, but I bet the suits wouldn't like it very much.

Besides, this would depend on the bugs and performance issues actually getting fixed, which is anything but guaranteed.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zuboko wrote: »
    I am creating a poll to try and help press zos to possibly give the true players the game they want. Do note that it is understood new content will not stop. But maybe just maybe we can get a bigger focus on fixes started.

It's not an either or situation. If they abandon the new content then the game will die and they will not have enough funds to fix things everyone wants fixed. If they abandon the fixes in exchange for the new content then they will disenfranchise their existing players which in turn will cause the game to die. They must play a careful balancing act to both get the game fixed while continuing to expand it.

But they are fixing barely anything. There are things that have been broken for going on 3 years, pvp performance for one. Bad performance that is now spilling out into pve since there have been so many new players. There is no balancing act, its just not true and it is an absolute disgrace..
    Options
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love eso and have a high respect for zos devs and want to be positive about my game i have got to this point right here....pvp is unplayable at vet level. I am also having issues with guild chat etc which never happened before. I love my pvp but can't cope with getting stuck forever on loadscreens. I voted that i rather quality than quantity .

Fix bugs and you will get better reviews on the forums instead of so many complaints.

Edited by wishlist14 on June 13, 2019 7:18AM
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    As others have said, this is not an either-or thing. Content designers aren't necessarily skilled to fix the bugs that need fixing.

The best thing I could see would be a compromise where a big chapter release and a small DLC are dropped for something like this:
    • Focus on Bug and Performance fixes
    • Content / Zone teams overhaul old zones with new assets (something they would like to do anyway but don't have the time for)
    • Higher difficulty setting for overland zones (only gameplay update, this together with overhauled zones would invigorate older content in lieu of actual new content)
    • Massive crown store sale: Everything that has ever been sold in the Crown Store makes a return for the duration of this update (3-6 months). That would certainly improve crown sales to make up for the lost revenue from DLC / chapter sales.

This could be marketed similarly to One Tamriel as a great overhaul / polish of the game. I'm optimistic it could work, but I bet the suits wouldn't like it very much.

Besides, this would depend on the bugs and performance issues actually getting fixed, which is anything but guaranteed.

This could work. I think this game needs another one tamriel. One tamriel, despite the issues with certain over powered sets, was an amazing time to play in both pvp and pve. Regardless if they actually worked on fixing things, and did something similar to what you suggest,, it would be great. Sadly i don't think they care..
    Options
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    The dev has stated as previously stated that not everyone experiences the bugs and some skills are just alittle wonky and most cant tell. This is not the case. Almost everyone experiences the issues on a daily basis. The difference is that when everyone experiences the same problems only a few actually submit a ticket. If it is a bug everyone knows about how does zos not know. Just because new players do not understand that their problems are not just their playing and that it's the game doesn't mean they dont feel it. I know of quite a few people who felt like they just plain and simply sucked at the eso or something similar. They thought a few issues that had were their system or game or internet. But once discussed with them it was realized it was the game. Eso to blame. Their side is fine. Zos needs to take responsibility for their shortfalls and do something. Quit blaming our systems. Brand new and having issues. Cant stick in group chat keep loosing chat. Oh your system or internet is to blame. Once I kept fighting my dynamic IP was blamed. So zos expects everyone to play from a business class internet and pay our internet provider for a static ip which would more then double my cost. The amount of issues affect everyone. Its time for this to be realized
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zuboko wrote: »

Game will not die if they temporality halt on creating new content. They have plenty of funds and it would be better in the long term to fix bugs rather than constantly pumping out trash broken content.
    Constant pumping of content only attracts new players
    Fixing bugs and servers will keep players playing and spending money.
    The game will die if they continue to leave bugs unfixed like they are right now.
    Options
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id personally prefer a "fix the game patch" instead of the second dungeon dlc in the years plan in general.
    Pretty sure that this would attract more players than another dlc with laggs being the games main pain point for a long time now.
    Options
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm okay with what ZOS is doing with ESO. I'm not particularly craving new content at the moment, but performance isn't an issue right now either really (at least for me). Regardless, I'd rather leave it to ZOS, the people who know what is going on and what is easy/hard to fix or create, to decide, rather than impose my uninformed will on them.

I also think a lot of players are misinformed about how game development goes. Typically they have separate teams for maintenance and content, so it's not usually a matter of "Oh, just throw everyone on improving performance, they all do the same thing right?" or "Time to crank out new content, guess we have to just ignore bugs for a few months."
    Edited by Marginis on June 13, 2019 2:35PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Options
  • Chickenfoot117
    Chickenfoot117
    Soul Shriven
    I've personally been extremely satisfied with the performance, though admittedly i don't partake in pvp at all
    Options
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, i’m hoping that instead of releasing two dungeon DLC next year they dedicate the same hard work into fixing a lot of the game instead

Edited by WildRaptorX on June 13, 2019 3:04PM
    Options
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Here's to hoping. We need alot more people to even make zos slightly consider putting alittle more effort into game bug and performance fixes
    Options
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    I'm on console and have no issues whatsoever.

With the amount of angry threads about performance, its literally got me thinking well maybe its not the game, maybe its your bad internet or bad pc. Upgrade people, upgrade!

Why are votes hidden? i voted yellow

I find this hard to believe when even a simple light attack weave in the dill wont work most of the time
    Been playing since 2016 it wasnt this bad then but yeah it's my fault.....
    Edited by jadarock on June 13, 2019 6:13PM
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The dev has stated as previously stated that not everyone experiences the bugs and some skills are just alittle wonky and most cant tell. This is not the case. Almost everyone experiences the issues on a daily basis. The difference is that when everyone experiences the same problems only a few actually submit a ticket. If it is a bug everyone knows about how does zos not know. Just because new players do not understand that their problems are not just their playing and that it's the game doesn't mean they dont feel it. I know of quite a few people who felt like they just plain and simply sucked at the eso or something similar. They thought a few issues that had were their system or game or internet. But once discussed with them it was realized it was the game. Eso to blame. Their side is fine. Zos needs to take responsibility for their shortfalls and do something. Quit blaming our systems. Brand new and having issues. Cant stick in group chat keep loosing chat. Oh your system or internet is to blame. Once I kept fighting my dynamic IP was blamed. So zos expects everyone to play from a business class internet and pay our internet provider for a static ip which would more then double my cost. The amount of issues affect everyone. Its time for this to be realized

SO you've sat behind my computer chair and watched me play ESO to confirm whether I experience bugs or not?
    Options
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭

SO you've sat behind my computer chair and watched me play ESO to confirm whether I experience bugs or not?

I am sorry I included everyone in my wording. But as this poll shows it appears to be 95% of players. If you are not then congrats on that. I wish I had your luck.
    Options
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who bought Elsweyr has only themselves to blame for the current state of the game. You paid for an incomplete, buggy class on top of existing performance issues with the game. You rewarded ZoS for low quality work and for ignoring you when players gave feedback. If you want change, stop paying for things ZoS puts out until the game is fixed. It's really simple. A business will not see maintenance as a financial benefit until the player base boycotting their content gives them no choice but to fix the game to regain a profit.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Options
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who bought Elsweyr has only themselves to blame for the current state of the game. You paid for an incomplete, buggy class on top of existing performance issues with the game. You rewarded ZoS for low quality work and for ignoring you when players gave feedback. If you want change, stop paying for things ZoS puts out until the game is fixed. It's really simple. A business will not see maintenance as a financial benefit until the player base boycotting their content gives them no choice but to fix the game to regain a profit.

Zos will choose to just stop supporting the game. They have soo much investment into the next games coming out that if eso plummets then they will just drop it.
    Options
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been here since beta
    ive seen this game come soo far from that point

but the one thing that will KILL all the beautiful progress and effort zenimax has put into this game, is the fact that its falling apart from the inside out. less content, more fixes and reliability, is much harder to do than put out a new idea. fixing old ones isnt fun, or easy, but it HAS to be done for the future of this game. nobody is going to play it anymore when the things they enjoy, are just ruined by bugs and glitches/unreliable code.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
    Options
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they can't give me better performance then they need to stop nerfing me. I was hitting 51k last patch now I can't break 47k with the same setup. Between skills not firing and light attacks locking up I can't take much more.
    PvP needs more love.
    Options
  • Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭
    Although I am experiencing vary little in the way of bugs and/or performance hits (XB1X EU), I voted stop new dlc and concentrate on fixes so that our PC-EU brothers and sisters (and any others with major proplems) can get their proplems sorted out.
    Edited by Myrm on June 13, 2019 8:51PM
    PC & Xbox (EU)

I am employed as a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard. (Class of 2017, Yinchorr)
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am sorry I included everyone in my wording. But as this poll shows it appears to be 95% of players. If you are not then congrats on that. I wish I had your luck.

95% of everyone that answers that poll, which is only a small percent of everyone who is on the forums, which is a small percent of everyone who actually plays the game.
    Options
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    This is true. You are also the first person I have had say they dont have issues. Whether it's in zone guild or other chats. Randoms or anything. I have only ever seen people having issues. So when you never see anyone that can play bug free then you must assume it's a universal issue. I get that my poll is a small percentage of people. But all in all it does reflect how the majority feel. You are welcome to personally disagree and that's fine. This is my opinion that at the moment is being backed by what this poll shows. Feel free to create your own way to disprove me . I would love to see it. The. I can go to zos and have it figured out why my brand new system and fresh download and good speed internet has soooo many bugs.
    Options
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the random loadscreens and forced crashes are ruining pvp.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
    Options