Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Seriously, this game is too easy and the overworld needs to be buffed heavily.

• Bryath
    Bryath
    ✭✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    Did you know that if you play a game a lot for a long time, regardless of stats. your skill at playing that game goes up.
    So even though you don't realise it, even a bad player who has been playing for years is better than a new player.

And the problem is, the overworld needs to be playable and fun for the new player.

So yes for most of us, overworld is very easy even when in under level gear and no cp. But what you forget is, the overworld is for new players.

So if you want more challenging content, ask for that, but don't ask for making things hard on new players because new players are an mmo's life blood.

I agree that real noobs need an ultra-easy place to learn the game, but they're going to be CP160 before finishing even 20% of overland quests.
  • Aireal
    Aireal
    ✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    I don't like extremely hard games either, but if a game isn't at least challenging then why even play? Why progress if everything is just so easy?

That's literally what 2 of my friends told me when I tried to get them to play on a free weekend.
    <snipped for length >

The answer is in the type of game that Daggerfall is, Arena is, Morrowind is, Oblivion is.. and Skyrim is.. ESO is based on the same world and the same concept.

Of course, not everyone that plays ESO is a Role Player.. not everyone that played the other games was either. .. Why have such an involved storyline if the Dev's didn't expect Role Players? Why have all the different PvP and PvE types if they didn't expect the kinds of players that enjoy that?

Not every game is for everyone.. my husbands "go to" on-line games are Titanfall and The Division.. the sheer monotony of Titanfall would drive me batty. .. the Division is better, but NOT my kinda thing.

I don't/ won't do a heavy RP in ESO, at least not atm.. maybe once I get to know the game better.. but each of my characters has a story, job, goal. But that doesn't mean I want my Crafter to have to waste points in martial skills just to fetch more jute!

She gets by with her bear and flyers.. with just one weapon skill. and that is all I really want to put into martial skills. Make the OW harder and I'd probably have to just to keep her from dying every 5 ft from a bear. ( probably more like 10 ft )
    Life is about the journey...cause it all ends the same
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh wait... Craglorn was a huge flop.

You mean when it first came out it required VR levels that a lot of people weren't leveled enough to do yet? Where players were also restricted to their own factions still? The Craglorn that didn't have a lot of the nice changes available in game now, or a CP system?

If that was a flop, it wasn't because of the difficulty.
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones fans might recall, a few seasons ago, a battle at a Free Folk village on the coast. John Snow killed a White Walker with that Valerion (sp?) steel sword of his. The Night King was paying little mind until that moment, then he darted his gaze upon Snow the moment he killed that White Walker. I would make a meme about that: "That look you get when an ESO overland mob takes you below 75% health". But I'm too lazy, so I typed this out instead.

I'm torn on the issue. I see people in the overland content die/rez from time to time. If the new players are having difficulty, then keep it as it is. I two shot everything. Quest bosses typically die to me before they finish jabbering also. But my girl is decked out in legendary gear and full CPs, so things should be that easy for her.

I created a character recently and did not spend any CPs. I found combat just took longer, but I was never in any immediate danger. Evidence that the game is too easy, for sure.

But this argument has been going on since the start of the game. VR levels got punishing to those unprepared, and there was a massive argument over nerfing VR levels. Shortly afterwards ZOS came out with One Tamriel, doing away with VR, and now it's a percentage of the population that want things hard again. I'm not opposed, but I'm also not convinced it's the right choice.

Seeing as ZOS are the only ones who know the true numbers behind the screen, and have not done anything to alter the difficulty, one can probably assume nothing is going to change. New blood seems to be the priority. And if that keeps the game alive longer, so be it. I'd rather have ESO live longer, in easy mode, than die off early due to catering to complaints from a select population.

TLDR; I support whatever keeps the game alive longer. And that would be determined by those behind the screen, who assess the numbers. I have as much faith in them as though their pay checks depended on it.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can unequip your gear, but you can't unequip your game knowledge.
  • Bryath
    Bryath
    ✭✭✭
    albesca wrote: »
    You and I have quite different ideas of how the game should play: to me overland is just a place I traverse to get from A to B or to farm mats, if I want to fight something I go to a delve, a public dungeon, take a pledge and join a PUG, enter Cyrodiil (from easiest to hardest, depending on my mood and the character I'm on).
    Overland mobs that take longer to kill (like Craglorn's one) are just annoying.

No you don't. Because delves and public dungeons are just as easy as overland. It might as well be considered overland. The only thing that isn't as easy as overland is the group event. And some of those are pathetically easy. Literally swung twice on group event mobs and it gave me a skill point.

I'm firmly in the 'overland is too easy' camp, but have to disagree re: public dungeons. They're a nice challenge for average players solo, don't need to be perfect but you can definitely get overwhelmed by numbers or smacked down by a boss if you screw up badly. I do think I would buff them up a little, tune them for 2-3 average players/one end-gamer, but only if - they instanced delves and put a difficulty slider on them. Then delves could fill that role of 'average player challenge'.
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    @Kalgert

Dont think new players are stupid or imbeciles. Just know that even as someone who has played for over 4 years and has oodles of CP etc and done some vet trials, its not always a walk in the park. (Yes i know, ltp, git gud etc)

Knowing the mechs of the game & how it works are a huge part of it - if you have levelled numerous characters, you have that; you cant unlearn it. A new player does not have that knowledge.

And the % of people who stay the course snd get to your level of competence is minuscule - so why should time & money be spent in providing a service to such a tiny player demographic?

most the "the game's too easy" crowd are in the mindset of "if i can do x without cp or if i can start a new character and breeze through the game, the new players can as well" without thinking of the fact that new players have zero knowledge of the game or it's mechanics.

These players will never be satisfied because every difficulty increase will eventually be overcome to the point that their back here complaining again.

You may be right that most of the people are in that mindset.

It is still objectively (as much as that is possible) true that overland content is too easy right now.
    I did Frostvault on normal a few days ago and our group couldn't get past the first boss because both DPS didn't know how to interrupt. Interrupt is a CORE mechanic of this game and every single mob in this game has the same telegraph for "interrupt now" and yet they did not interrupt within a timeframe of 5+ seconds (and yes i explained them several times what to do after the wipes).

The following video (from minute 3:08 to 4:56) describes the current situation in ESO perfectly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitZRLt2G3w

Lol, ESO definitely not taking into account this FOO stategy. Man that describes the problem with ESO so well.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean when it first came out it required VR levels that a lot of people weren't leveled enough to do yet? Where players were also restricted to their own factions still? The Craglorn that didn't have a lot of the nice changes available in game now, or a CP system?

No, because vet players were complaining about the difficulty so your suggestion is incorrect. It is why Craglorn has been nerfed multiple times over the years. You make it sound like the only time it was an issue was the month it was launched when that seems to ignore the truth.
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    One of my favorite memories in this game was my friend and I way back before one tamriel wanted to be vampires. We were like, lvl 10 btw. And the only way to become a vampire for us Aldemeri dominion folk was to run to reaper's march and go to the shrine or get turned by bloodfiends. We decided to venture into reaper's march even tho we were waaaaay too low level. We had to hug the road and rely on running away from the spooky things in that zone. We eventually made it to the shrine and it felt rewarding, perhaps more than anything I've done since one tamriel. Experiences like this are impossible now.

I hear you, man. I was one of the first two Ebonheart Pact vampires. I kept going to look for bloodfiends in the Rift until on day 3 of early access they spawned that night. I was only level 17, got infected and called it out before going to solo the turn scenario. Being 17 I had to kite the 10 mobs around a lot to finally get through it. But it did make me be a very low level vampire. Unfortunately, because leveling the vampire skill line was tied to your actual xp gain, it leveled stupidly slow at my level. I didn't get rank 10 fast enough on the vampire to get the achievement.

But it was still a fun experience and I wrote the first guide on becoming a vampire back then. It was actually tired to the moon phases and could be predicted until all the griefing of the npcs caused ZOS to stealth break the spawns to be completely random.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You and I have quite different ideas of how the game should play: to me overland is just a place I traverse to get from A to B or to farm mats, if I want to fight something I go to a delve, a public dungeon, take a pledge and join a PUG, enter Cyrodiil (from easiest to hardest, depending on my mood and the character I'm on).

No you don't. Because delves and public dungeons are just as easy as overland. It might as well be considered overland. The only thing that isn't as easy as overland is the group event. And some of those are pathetically easy. Literally swung twice on group event mobs and it gave me a skill point.

I call BS

Delves, ok, not much different

Public Dungeon - BS

Trying to help a guy on forums, I made a brand new account to be able to see the issue he was having. Now, having the new account, I decided, what the hey. They been having this issue here, let's go ahead and buy a new game and start from scratch. So I have up to the date accurate info on "how difficult" various tings are for the new player.

Pertaining to public dungeon, took my level 25 bland gear, only what I could find because the character literally has not had the time to learn traits or find enough mats to make their own, tried to solo the Auridon public dungeon. Hit the First boss and died twice. Changed tactics. Finally beat him. Then I bumped into other players also running solo and kind of synced our quests, just kind of running around next to each other without partying. But at one point, I realized, without the other character there, I would Not have been able to complete the dungeon. Because at one location there were TWO dungeon bosses. I could beat One - BARELY - with a level 25 bland gear (whatever I could find and put together), No CPs. But even with the food buffs no way I could beat Two bosses in one location.

Sure, my main account (which only has 320 Cps) could stroll through with no problem. No way a new player with their first character can solo a public dungeon. And the main character with CPs SHOULD be able to stroll through because THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME. GET POWERFUL SO YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE REAL CHALLENGES.

If you think everything is sooooo easy, take of all your gear, all your CPs, all your passives, all your skills and go wander around Craiglorn. And I'm sure Somebody is gonna get on here and say "Oh, I can do that. It's too easy".

Or go PvP and get your head handed to you. Plenty of challenges in this game without changing it.

Edited by barney2525 on May 28, 2019 2:39AM
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »
    Yeah it was so easy yesterday that I saw level one new players soloing world bosses and dragons....

GTFO these forums, so sick of people like the OP, epeening about the game being easy when they already have the experience especially when players like me die world bosses often when we aren't careful, not to mention pugs breaking up because of a lack of DPS.

And we get sick of people like you, with clearly no reading comprehension, that you rather obfuscate the original post about overland content, citing world bosses and dragons as an argument why the overland content is not to easy.

Seriously?? You're honestly going to try and throw world bosses and dragons, which are special fights in the world as the overland content everyone is talking about. And FYI, many many of the world bosses can be soloed. No one expects you to do that, but no one is going to take you seriously when you ignore the original post and subsequent replies to post this straight up bull-excrement.
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bryath wrote: »

I'm firmly in the 'overland is too easy' camp, but have to disagree re: public dungeons. They're a nice challenge for average players solo, don't need to be perfect but you can definitely get overwhelmed by numbers or smacked down by a boss if you screw up badly. I do think I would buff them up a little, tune them for 2-3 average players/one end-gamer, but only if - they instanced delves and put a difficulty slider on them. Then delves could fill that role of 'average player challenge'.

I mean they're definitely more difficult, but I still steamrolled through with gear I outleveled as a vampire. Sometimes mobs will surprise you, sometimes the surprise is they die so fast you have to double take that it's even a group event. Course Necromancers are a bit overly strong in the sustain department. But I tried to increase difficulty by not spending CPs, my gear was well below my level (lvl 10 training gear til I was 30, level 30 training gear til I was 50). Story is good, but the difficulty so mind-numbingly easy that I got tired of it and just rushed 50. If I was going to sneeze kill all overland content without trying, might as well just have all my skills and CP available to me and let the xp go to fleshing out the build's skills.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

No, because vet players were complaining about the difficulty so your suggestion is incorrect. It is why Craglorn has been nerfed multiple times over the years. You make it sound like the only time it was an issue was the month it was launched when that seems to ignore the truth.

Seems like there's been a lot of this by a number of peeps on this thread.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet new players still struggle and ask for help all the time. But somehow, the content aimed at them needs to be handed to the players who consider trials too easy.

Do you even have any clue how selfish you sound? No, scratch that, you couldn't know or you'd be incapable of asking for it.

Go fight a Dragon. Lots of 1-shots that I still haven't been able to figure out how to avoid yet and something like sixteen million HP. Let the noobs have the open world. It's aimed at them, not at you.

And, while you're at it, stop asking for stuff that will make everything take even longer to do in a game where everything takes too long.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Back when I was playing my first char, without knowing what the hell I'm doing (a "templar tank", not even sure I had matching gear sets, because I just found out around VR3 that I could craft sets, and I was always stingy with mats), basically just did cadwell's gold at a leisurely pace, I got into craglorn at like VR5-7? While I couldn't kill some of the delve bosses there by myself, the only real roadblock for my progression was the fact that some doors couldn't be opened when playing solo. It's not the difficulty that was the issue, it's the damn locking mechanisms. That's really all they needed to change.

Though if they implement a slider for all overland content like I described previously, it would be much better than having a dedicated difficult zone.
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

I call BS

Delves, ok, not much different

Public Dungeon - BS

I don't know what to tell you. I did Elsweyr, all of EP and most of DC public dungeons. There were no groups of mobs that were overwhelming. Group bosses were harder, maybe necromancers are just super strong. The group event that really stands out as "what just happened" is the puzzle event in alik'ir I think. 3 big beetles came out and they died so quick I was surprised it wasn't waves of enemies.

That being said, I really meant the trash in these things aren't much different than overland stuff. The only trash that stood out as sometimes problematic were the ghosts in Forgotten Crypts.
    Yet new players still struggle and ask for help all the time. But somehow, the content aimed at them needs to be handed to the players who consider trials too easy.

Do you even have any clue how selfish you sound? No, scratch that, you couldn't know or you'd be incapable of asking for it.

Go fight a Dragon. Lots of 1-shots that I still haven't been able to figure out how to avoid yet and something like sixteen million HP. Let the noobs have the open world. It's aimed at them, not at you.

And, while you're at it, stop asking for stuff that will make everything take even longer to do in a game where everything takes too long.

Well if they want to continue to keep selling content to people who have been supporting the game, all content shouldn't be considered noob content.

No one is asking for the the overworld to be turned into trial level difficulty. The OP clearly states their position, and the 'zomg it's for the new players' crowd seem to love to misrepresent what is actually said in their replies. People are being unreasonable. At no time was it stated it needs to be overly hard. Someone even made an reference to a happy median between hello kitty and dark souls.
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing against making the content more difficult but with harder content should come better rewards. The rewards in ESO are crap. For instance, I can go through max level content in SWTOR and get rich just doing the quests. In ESO, I have 4 max level characters and I'm as poor as poor can be since the "vet content" rewards are the same as the low level content.

If this is their way of managing the economy, they are doing a pitiful job of it. I'm supposed to join a trade guild or sell everything I pick up just to have a little pocket change in ESO. In SWTOR, I have over seven million in my shared bank and that's after giving money away while barely playing.

For what it's worth, I want to fight an overland boss and get rewarded for doing so. I don't want to fight an overland boss and get rewarded with crap armor and a few gold.

So yes, make the overland content more difficult but pay me better for completing it.

I fought a lich in some delve or public dungeon with my low level nectomancer. I died and tried again, this time making sure to heal and defend, eventually I did it. This wasnt even a boss, just some tough mob for me.

Got 4 gold and bait.....
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kalgert

Dont think new players are stupid or imbeciles. Just know that even as someone who has played for over 4 years and has oodles of CP etc and done some vet trials, its not always a walk in the park. (Yes i know, ltp, git gud etc)

Knowing the mechs of the game & how it works are a huge part of it - if you have levelled numerous characters, you have that; you cant unlearn it. A new player does not have that knowledge.

And the % of people who stay the course snd get to your level of competence is minuscule - so why should time & money be spent in providing a service to such a tiny player demographic?

most the "the game's too easy" crowd are in the mindset of "if i can do x without cp or if i can start a new character and breeze through the game, the new players can as well" without thinking of the fact that new players have zero knowledge of the game or it's mechanics.

These players will never be satisfied because every difficulty increase will eventually be overcome to the point that their back here complaining again.

You may be right that most of the people are in that mindset.

It is still objectively (as much as that is possible) true that overland content is too easy right now.
    I did Frostvault on normal a few days ago and our group couldn't get past the first boss because both DPS didn't know how to interrupt. Interrupt is a CORE mechanic of this game and every single mob in this game has the same telegraph for "interrupt now" and yet they did not interrupt within a timeframe of 5+ seconds (and yes i explained them several times what to do after the wipes).

The following video (from minute 3:08 to 4:56) describes the current situation in ESO perfectly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitZRLt2G3w
    Ah, Extra Credits... Back when they weren't corporate shills and apologists, trying to suggest that loot boxes are a necessity due to "Muh inflation".

That singled out period definitely is quite accurate. I don't think my girlfriend has played any tutorials for a long time, and has forgotten about interrupts and blocking, so I have a feeling she'd meet quite a challenge if she were to go to a dungeon, and probably get annoyed again.

Fortunately for her, she has me and I can keep that aspect covered :tongue:
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me, I think the 'scaling' makes low level characters too strong - possibly 'overbuffing' them.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like how you conveniently ignored my comment about an Undaunted buff/debuff that affects your character, but leaves everyone else intact. In fact, a lot of people seem to have been ignoring that...

The best solution I can think of, that could make everyone happy, while not separating playerbases or "Taxing the servers" through phasing... Include a buff/debuff called "Undaunted Wanderer" or something fancy like that. Put an NPC in the Undaunted camps that challenges you to take on the world, and then applies a debuff that increases damage taken or damage dealt, or something like that, while also improving the drop and quality of loot.

Can't see anything wrong with that.

I can even think of some dialogue the NPC might have: "Ah, I see you there! *inhales* Aaaah, can you smell that? I can see it in your eyes, you lust for adventure, to see the world and battle monsters of all shapes and sizes? But I see the spark in your eyes that yearns for more. So tell you what, take this scroll and read it out loud, and you will find yourself facing beasts that may very well leave you gasping for air. And if you wish to revert the scroll's magic, come to me and I shall cleanse you of its effect... For a fee. Hahah, just pulling your leg!"

So sayeth Ingrid the Wandered. A Nord Woman Soul Shriven (Let's say that she is Cadwell's cousin that only you can see)
  • Aireal
    Aireal
    ✭✭✭

Well if they want to continue to keep selling content to people who have been supporting the game, all content shouldn't be considered noob content.

No one is asking for the the overworld to be turned into trial level difficulty. The OP clearly states their position, and the 'zomg it's for the new players' crowd seem to love to misrepresent what is actually said in their replies. People are being unreasonable. At no time was it stated it needs to be overly hard. Someone even made an reference to a happy median between hello kitty and dark souls.

I know what I keep saying is: bumped up a notch in difficulty.. for whom?

Would raising up the health/ damage done of a bear by 1% affect someone with 310 CP? would it make it that much harder? Raising health/ damage done by 10% .. how would that affect someone with no CP.. barely there armor and weapons and a lack of skill using them?

I've seen what a lot of people suggest, some of it would work very well.. some of it would make unskilled new players walk away. Perhaps not those who have played other MMO's, but what about people that never have?

Sometimes I like a challenge, sometimes I don't. One or two extra swings, fireballs or arrows.. are not going to make the "The game is to easy crowd" happy.. those same one or two swings probably mean death to a really low leveled character.

Ya know.. I consider taking a lvl 1 character with 0 armor and only an iron greatsword and running around Skyrim on a 'race course' to be awesome fun.. on Master... Dead is Dead. But that is not how I play all my characters..

Life is about the journey...cause it all ends the same
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    How would a difficulty toggle work in open overland stuff? How can people with different difficulty settings fight the same boss?

(Not being sarky, want to know if really possible.)
    Jeremy wrote: »
    How would a difficulty toggle work in open overland stuff? How can people with different difficulty settings fight the same boss?

(Not being sarky, want to know if really possible.)

I don't think it could, not in an MMO setting - especially given this game's limitations. There was talk of just calculating CP increases were putting stress on the server. So calculations of that magnitude would probably blow up the game.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6088153/#Comment_6088153

Or the concept in more detail:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/475223/solution-for-overland-difficulty-that-will-suit-everyone/p1

It's an interesting idea - but I don't think it could function properly on a game like this. For a system like that to work you would probably need to have a monster claim system. Otherwise the server will have to handle an entirely new layer of multiple individual calculations for every player attacking the same monster and I just don't think this game could handle it. The developers were concerned that just the inclusion of CP was causing stress on the servers. - and that's a much simpler process.

Tagging is a simple enough system to implement. I don't see why we should dismiss the idea outright just because it requires a few tweaks.

I didn't dismiss it. I said it was an interesting idea. It just wouldn't work in the system currently and I'm skeptical the developers would entertain a monster claim system. I think just adding a veteran version of each zone would be the simpler solution is all.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any other mmo that has different difficulty levels for players? Just curious as to exactly how this could realistically be implemented. Emphasis on the realistically - so actual workable solutions not wishful thinking from people who don't understand game design.

SWTOR

Very limited. It is limited only to instanced content, which they do have a lot, and I thin it is only the chapters. It affects nothing in open world which is most of what ESO has.

So it is not relevant since the design is extremely different and it is not a workable solution which is what the person you quoted asked for.
    Remember when Craglorn came out and they made the whole zone difficult enough that it required a group, and it was super popular and did really well?

And this is why Zos will not do another challenging zone. I remember the cries and multiple nerfs to the zone. Granted it was designed for groups, but people still cried about the difficulty. I had no issues, but I realize I am not reflective of the majority of players in the game.

The Craglorn analogy is flawed because it was a single zone that generally wasn't even visited until after the story quests were completed. I for example never once stepped foot into the old Craglorn. Why? It certainly wasn't because I didn't want a better challenge. It was because I was too busy in all of the other zones finishing them up. More challenging landscape content is going to appeal to explorers and questers - and those types of players tend to be completionists. Not to mention why would anyone want to spend all their time in a single zone anyway?

If they were to make a veteran version of every zone - that way players could actually do the content they are currently working on in them - I guarantee you they will be more popular. It was silly for ZoS to expect players to spend a lot of time doing dailies over and over in a single zone anyway... especially when you have an activity finder with dungeons and better rewards.
    Edited by Jeremy on May 28, 2019 5:35AM
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I most certainly do, and while I agree that delves are just a tad harder than overland, public dungeons are definitely harder: if you don't see any difference in the difficulty between those then I think there's not much ground for discussion.

For the record, I use delves to test my skillsets: I recently switched my DK from stamina to magicka at about level 35, so I had stam oriented gear, basic skills and only a vague idea of how to combine them. Going to a public dungeon would have been a pain, so I ran a few delves until I got back to plowing through mobs as usual and only then I moved to harder content (having farmed a bit of more appropriate gear along the way)
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's simple

1. Everyone should be starting in from Coldharbor & Alliance starter island, with the option to go anywhere
    2. There should be more areas in the map that are harder
  • BrooksP
    BrooksP
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how ESO is sharded or scaled, but I wouldn't mind a option when creating a character to have more aggressive scaling(wouldn't make it toggable to avoid abuse). The fact you can comfortably solo most of the overworld in outdated training gear seems off, or soloing public dungeons without being over geared(was able to solo a few prior to 50 with just basic crafted gear). Another complaint(and something I'm now guilty of) is being higher level/CP and simply steamrolling everything, while newer players are venturing.

A solution to this would be sharding zones and scaling based off of level/CP ranges, and having towns as general hubs. Though since this will technically split the playerbase not sure what negative impact it will have.
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remain unconvinced that hardly any of the loudest complainers on this subject actually want more difficulty.

Something tells me they're just trying to figure out how to wheedle more XP and saleable drops out of the devs.
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juponen wrote: »
    Veteran verion of overland is
    the decent players can actually enjoy the story content once again.

How does harder mobs make story content more enjoyable for you decent players?
    If we have to explain that to you you wont ever get it.
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »
    Juponen wrote: »
    Veteran verion of overland is
    the decent players can actually enjoy the story content once again.

How does harder mobs make story content more enjoyable for you decent players?
    If we have to explain that to you you wont ever get it.

If you can't explain your position, you don't have a position anyone should care about.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your just OP. I try doing like that and get stomped by mud crabs. I don’t want the regular game any harder.