The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

22,250 crowns for skyshard packs and 11,700 crowns for any race any faction? Is this a joke?

• Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not what we wanted... There should be an account wide progression of skyshards!! Not a crowns store scheme to take hundreds of dollars per character.... seriously? :|
    Options
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'It's optional' the entire game is optional. That's why it's called a game. That's nowhere near the point.

I want to play the game. I want to enjoy the game. I want to support the game by buying nice, appropriately priced stuff in the crown store - I find the current pricing ridiculous.
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't agree with costs? Show with your wallet and cancel you Elsweyr preorder if console.
    Options
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyshard hunting is part of the game experience when making a new character. They really shouldn't be cheap to purchase in the store. I think the price is right.
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only skyshard pack I was even considering was Cyrodiil. That went right out the window when I saw they were 750 for each faction. Sorry, but I just don't believe that the four skyshards that are a pain to reach are worth that price.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's literally no reason to buy all skyshards unless you are really that lazy and have lots of money to spend. I'm disappointed cyrodil shards aren't there tbh. Those would be the ones I'm really interested in

If there wasnt a reason to buy the damn things, it wouldnt be in the store would it? You would think that if a company didnt think they could make a buck off of something they wouldnt bother spending resources creating a means to unlock such a thing on a character.

There has been a large demand for this by the playerbase due to those players not having the time or energy to constantly chase down skyshards on every character they want to make. But the amount of money ZOS wants for said players to pay out to unlock all of the skyshards is the inexcusable part of this.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    The additions to Any Race, Any Faction are minor.

What was a nice QoL offering is now a complete rip-off

Minor? They're adding a mount, hat, costume and a pet which previously costed like 1.5k crowns each and it's only 100 crowns more expensive than older Any Race Any Alliance

Options
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    Only skyshard pack I was even considering was Cyrodiil. That went right out the window when I saw they were 750 for each faction. Sorry, but I just don't believe that the four skyshards that are a pain to reach are worth that price.
    4 skyshards? its got to be way more than that. also, someone could sell that to you for around 160k gold. Maybe you find it expensive but many won't.
    Options
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 skill points for 800 crowns is this a joke ? hahahahhahah
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

Options
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Essentially 7$ a zone... rip off. How about 50 cents a zone.
    Edited by kookster on May 20, 2019 4:55PM
    Potato Pact - PC NA
    Options
  • FireBreathingNord
    FireBreathingNord
    ✭✭✭
    Would be more welcomed if it were account wide.
    Options
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay attention to the price before the discount. That's $80 in crowns. For reference this pack used to cost 2000 crowns which is roughly $20 and allowed people to choose their faction and play meta builds on any faction. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/item/7919?any-race-any-alliance-bundle

These packs were introduced today to "skip the skyshard grind" total about $150 in value. https://i.imgur.com/axEgyVu.jpg

Almost $250 of price gouging in a single update.

Keep in mind this is on top of an "optional membership" that isn't quite optional for anyone that plays in any serious capacity, a paid class account upgrade, Imperial race account upgrade, yearly expansion packs, quarterly DLC, hundred dollar houses, paid costumes, dyes, animation sets, mounts and gambling boxes containing potions, scrolls, cosmetics and mounts with undisclosed odds that people spend literally thousands of dollars to get because they're unobtainable by any other means.

Gather skyshards. Stick to your alliance or delete and create a new one if necessary. These do not cost anything. What's the problem?
    Options
  • ShadowDisciple
    ShadowDisciple
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't be dramatic

I'm not being dramatic. Ever hear the expression of don't give an inch or they'll take a mile? Because that is exactly what has happened and I sure as hell didn't agree to this as a player since the closed beta.

U agreed to play what they serve you and not what u order...
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would you buy them all? 99% of skyshards are super easy to get.
    Options
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    The defense force for this saying "it's optional!" is disgusting. It's not even account-wide for Christ's sake.

Is it not optional? Have I been playing this game for 4+ years without the ability to play without it?
    You're not mad that it's expensive, your mad that it isn't cheap enough for you to justify buying it. Which is also optional. Your outrage, like this skyshard pack, is optional. Why choose to be angry about something that isn't required to play?
    After all, it's just a game. Have fun!
    We Wipe On Trash
    Vivian Naiviv CP Altmer Sorcerer
    Shivnado the Potato CP Redguard Sorcerer
    Cüddle Mönster CP Argonian Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact Spy CP Dunmer Dragonknight
    Delilah Blackheart CP Redguard Dragonknight
    My Best Friend CP Argonian Dragonknight
    Sensual Heals CP Dunmer Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant Spy CP Redguard Templar
    Föcùs-Thê-Hælèr CP Argonian Templar
    Goes-the-Wrong-Way CP Dunmer Nightblade
    Anu'Thir Phuh'Kinspy CP Redguard Nightblade
    Works-in-Sweatshop CP Argonian Nightblade
    Anu'thir Phuh'kin Bearpun CP Altmer Warden
    Bubble Crumbles CP Redguard Warden
    A'driån Kin'hör CP Argonian Warden
    Clearly, your egg was left in the shade too long.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I agree that it's annoying they've stuck Any Race, Any Alliance into an even more expensive bundle but surely everyone saw the price increase coming from the time the new bundle was first announced.

For the record, it's not more expensive. It's actually cheaper considering what they added and it's been confirmed that 2000 crowns is the permanent price. If you scroll up, you'll see several people quoting the ZoS employee that said it and then I linked the actual link to the comment above.

Currently for the next hour or two it's 1900 crowns and you're getting LESS than what you would get for the 2000 crown bundle.

I mean it's more expensive than the Adventurer's Pack used to be, not that it's more expensive than buying all the items individually. A lot of people bought the old pack purely for the Any Race, Any Alliance upgrade and I'm sure there will still be people who want to do that.

I agree it's a good deal if you want all the other stuff, or even just some of it, but if you only want that upgrade then it's a price increase, with some annoying clutter for your collections menus tacked on. (Although I did also think the price of the Adventurer's Pack was 1,500 crowns - not 1,900, so the price hasn't gone up as much as I thought.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how pay to win will ESO be in 5 years?

This is a slipery slope that only exists because of a lack of respect for the playerbase. Money > anything else.
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
    Options
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    It beggars belief the amount of money people throw at ESO, of course their just milking you all to fund other stuff, certainly not put back in to ESO.

SUB free for months now and uninstalled, enjoying souls 3 for FREE.
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC players have this game on easymode for the most part of character growth, they let addons do the work for things like mage guild books, skyshards, combat timers/announcements, etc...watch tv and "do the work" as they say.

Imagine the outrage if ZOS blocked all addons.

Zone guide should have location for all skyshards & lorebooks that way console players can cheat the system also😉
    Edited by Wolfpaw on May 20, 2019 6:01PM
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the parent company wanted to scrape up some money to recoup the Failout 76 losses.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *laughs in Zenimax*
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭

This is a slipery slope that only exists because of a lack of respect for the playerbase. Money > anything else.

But it's not pay to win.... Please tell me you see this? Pay for convenience and pay to win are not the same thing. Nothing that you can buy in these packs will make you automatically win over someone who didn't. They may allow you to get to the finish line a little faster, but it's the same finish line available to everyone, regardless of what they spent.
    We Wipe On Trash
    Options
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    To add to that thought, IF AND WHEN they go to pay-to-win tactics, I will gladly stand with you in condemning them for doing so. Until then... "It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't."
    We Wipe On Trash
    Options
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If it'll stay alive that long.
    Some_Guy wrote: »

But it's not pay to win.... Please tell me you see this? Pay for convenience and pay to win are not the same thing. Nothing that you can buy in these packs will make you automatically win over someone who didn't. They may allow you to get to the finish line a little faster, but it's the same finish line available to everyone, regardless of what they spent.
    Yeah, but if you pave the entire game with "p2c" stuff you'll lose players regardless.
    Options
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the problem? You can do it in game or choose to pay a huge amount of crowns for it. Player's choice.
    Options
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rawkan wrote: »
    What's the problem? You can do it in game or choose to pay a huge amount of crowns for it. Player's choice.
    Disgust and a stale side-taste by having THAT much of monetization in a B2P game filled with DLCs and an optional sub.
    Options
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't a joke? Hmm, no, seems they're actually serious. Haha, zos you crack me up. Thanks for consistently convincing me to spend my gaming dollars elsweyr.
    forever stuck in combat
    Options
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Disgust and a stale side-taste by having THAT much of monetization in a B2P game filled with DLCs and an optional sub.

If you want to skip such a big part of the game you'll have to pay for it. Seems fair to me. Time is money.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    PC players have this game on easymode for the most part of character growth, they let addons do the work for things like mage guild books, skyshards, combat timers/announcements, etc...watch tv and "do the work" as they say.

Imagine the outrage if ZOS blocked all addons.

Zone guide should have location for all skyshards & lorebooks that way console players can cheat the system also😉

Just to be clear, not all PC players use such addons. Some, myself included, use no addons at all while others simply avoid those which hand everything to them on a plate.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Or they could have simply made them account wide achievements like most games have
    Options