Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Should sorcs hiding behind their pets be considered a targeting exploit?

• StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Okay, genuine confuzzled question here: why do you people not post stuff like this on the pvp forum? That's why you HAVE a pvp forum, right?

Why are all y'all flooding general discussion with a bajillion pvp posts?

Not getting the responses, empathy / sympathy they are seeking...?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »
    Okay, genuine confuzzled question here: why do you people not post stuff like this on the pvp forum? That's why you HAVE a pvp forum, right?

Not getting the responses, empathy / sympathy they are seeking...?

I don't know. It's why I asked.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cause general is pretty much filled with everything. That’s why it’s called general. Same thing can be pretty much said about any pve in the game.

Edited by CatchMeTrolling on April 16, 2019 1:15AM
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cause general is pretty much filled with everything. That’s why it’s called general. Same thing can be pretty much said about any pve in the game.

It's like people don't understand what the word general means.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it a little difficult, considering all the movement during combat, and the fact that you do not have a lot of control as to how and where the pet moves to, to actually succeed at using the pet as an anti-targeting shield?

Shirley the attacker can move just a bit and get a shot.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Isn't it a little difficult, considering all the movement during combat, and the fact that you do not have a lot of control as to how and where the pet moves to, to actually succeed at using the pet as an anti-targeting shield?

No, the good ones manage just fine. Some particularly eyeroll-worthy pet stackers equip the goblin gem in BGs to make themselves even harder to target. They even stand INSIDE their storm atros for maximum griefing potential.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

I've got a friend that knows how to use his pets as meatshields to prevent me from focusing him, so in the end it turns into a giant, hilarious stalemate until there's suddenly a Daedroth chasing me down.

Also don't call my friend Shirley!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGU77QI0-9s
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not an "i got killed post" just curious if this could be considering cheating, not cheating borderline cheating...?

Stamina builds don't even need to hide behind anything, they just wiggle back and forth quickly and you can NEVER hit them with a so-called "instant" Frag. See my thread about this exploit here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/391301/exploit-can-we-talk-about-that-shady-thing-that-stamina-melee-builds-do/p1

No ***!
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just try and get in the habit of tab targeting the player so all direct damage hits him not pets.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strategic positioning. No different than hiding behind a tree or rock.

to be fair, that's incorrect. you can't target a tree or rock

To be fair, you get my point.

you cant accidentaly fire a spectral bow on a rock friend-o.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi