Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Wood Elf/ Bosmer losing stealth passive, An open letter.

• Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Bosmeri!

I canceled my subscription to ESO in response to the many nonsensical choices made in the name of balance. I haven't played since in solidarity with my Bosmer peeps who, despite being paying customers, were shafted the most for no reason as ZOS proceeded to implement the exact opposite of their stated goals.

I'm very sad to see that after acknowledging criticism on their lack of communication that ZOS continues to fail in any meaningful dialog with players who've been playing and paying for their game for years in regards to heavy handed gameplay changes that are egregiously contrary to lore. Something ZOS claimed they cared about and that they would not do.

Keep up the good fight!

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    this game literally unplayable with inconsistency from ingame skill, lore and many description
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    this game literally unplayable with inconsistency from ingame skill, lore and many description

Good point, I keep expecting to interact with some quest NPC and hear them tell me:

"All your race are belong to us! Somebody set up us the Bosmer!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First they got rid of Bosmer's.

And now with the latest changes it appears they also want to get rid of NB's and bows as well. I am sensing a trend...
  • SpringEternal
    SpringEternal
    ✭✭✭
    yup
    BlueRaven wrote: »

And now with the latest changes it appears they also want to get rid of NB's and bows as well. I am sensing a trend...

Peculiar,
    Very
    Peculiar.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, every time I turn around they're giving me less reason to play. And my secondary character is a Templar so I'm really winning now...
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pvp trend. With the pvp dev (listening only to pvp Reps and pvp whining) is in charge they’ll have us all wearing plate and swinging wooden clubs.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

Pvp trend. With the pvp dev (listening only to pvp Reps and pvp whining) is in charge they’ll have us all wearing plate and swinging wooden clubs.

Maybe it's part of their master plan, to have us all clanking around in heavy plate, and when they finally get around to explaining why we can't detect stealth, they'll say it's because we are too noisy and they heard us coming a mile away and left the area long ago.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploring Rimmen today, and I guess they intend to rub it in our faces even more with the new chapter:

BNNXBzD.png
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Exploring Rimmen today, and I guess they intend to rub it in our faces even more with the new chapter:

BNNXBzD.png

You should post that in the bug forum under “lore breaking”. 😕
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BNNXBzD.png

But see, he said it's a "performance"! Perfomances are to be seen! The bosmer uses their superior skill to detect eachother and see eachothers' thefts! /sarcasm :|
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elswyr quest warning!!! (It's about stealth and the museum quest.)

If you are doing the museum mysteries quest be warned it ends in what is essentially a thieves guild dungeon instance. Killing any of the NPCs there is considered a crime (in fact you have to have your preferences for "prevent attacking Innocents" set to off if you want to defend yourself).

If you are going to do this chain, do it on a high stealth character. Unfortunately I was on my Bosmer and I ended up getting a high bounty because I could not sneak very effectively.
    Edited by BlueRaven on May 21, 2019 6:16PM
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you are doing the museum mysteries quest be warned it ends in what is essentially a thieves guild dungeon instance. Killing any of the NPCs there is considered a crime (in fact you have to have your preferences for "prevent attacking Innocents" set to off if you want to defend yourself).

If you are going to do this chain, do it on a high stealth character. Unfortunately I was on my Bosmer and I ended up getting a high bounty because I could not sneak very effectively.

Of course they restrict stealth to one race right as they add more stealth gameplay. That just makes sense.

Somehow.

I feel like I chased a pocket-watch wielding rabbit down a hole.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course they restrict stealth to one race right as they add more stealth gameplay. That just makes sense.

Somehow.

Are you saying that only a Khajiit can do this quest now?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »

Somehow.

No, but kahjit have a lower chance of racking up a huge bounty.
    Stealth is THE factor in that quest.
    I checked my bags, saw I had a good counterfeit edict note and just decided to go to town on the npcs. I was so ticked off I took it out on the poor npcs.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But...but stealth is useless in PVE and it's only for Roleplay. I was told that! /s
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Somehow.

I checked my bags, saw I had a good counterfeit edict note and just decided to go to town on the npcs. I was so ticked off I took it out on the poor npcs.

So you could have done it without getting that high bounty, you just chose not to. Your initial post made it sound like you got the bounty because your Bosmer wasn't as stealthy as a Khajiit.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Somehow.

So you could have done it without getting that high bounty, you just chose not to. Your initial post made it sound like you got the bounty because your Bosmer wasn't as stealthy as a Khajiit.

No you misunderstood. Unless you are prepared for a high stealth encounter you WILL get a bounty. There is basically no way to do it otherwise without a huge bounty. I think on a kahjit you could get around the first mob, and have a crack at a no bounty run. But for other races you NEED to bring stealth gear. Kahjits just have their stealth gear built into the race. And they don't warn you that it will be this type of place before you enter.
    I saw no baskets to hide in so that won't help you either.
    Basically 25% of the way in I gave up trying to be stealthy. There are too many mobs. I went in with prevent attacking innocents turned on which also quickly became a problem. And I thought how much easier all of this would have been when my bosmer WAS stealthy. I was already well past 1k in bounty, so I said "F*** it. If I am going to rack up a huge bounty anyway, I will just go nuts." There is no way to disengage from a mob once they see you. And they chain, as in they "call" out to other mobs A LOT for help. And the bounty you get for killing each of them is the same as attacking and killing a civilian. And every mob is hostile, EVERY mob will attack.
    Imagine doing a mine themed delve filled with bandits and narrow corridors, but killing a bandit will give you the same bounty as if you killed a civilian in a city. AND they call out for help. AND there are rooms with 4 or more them in there. Now try to do the whole thing staying in stealth. THAT is what it is like.
    That being said it may be that the objective is randomly placed so you may not have to go as deep as I did, but who knows.

People who are unaware about the nature of this quest will have a hard time not getting big bounty, UNLESS they are a kahjit (or a MagNB who could potentially stay invisible the whole time), then it will be significantly easier.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Somehow.

No you misunderstood. Unless you are prepared for a high stealth encounter you WILL get a bounty. There is basically no way to do it otherwise without a huge bounty. I think on a kahjit you could get around the first mob, and have a crack at a no bounty run. But for other races you NEED to bring stealth gear. Kahjits just have their stealth gear built into the race. And they don't warn you that it will be this type of place before you enter.
    Basically 25% of the way in I gave up trying to be stealthy. There are too many mobs. I went in with prevent attacking innocents turned on which also quickly became a problem. And I thought how much easier all of this would have been when my bosmer WAS stealthy. I was already well past 1k in bounty, so I said "F*** it. If I am going to rack up a huge bounty anyway, I will just go nuts." There is no way to disengage from a mob once they see you. And they chain, as in they "call" out to other mobs A LOT for help. And the bounty you get for killing each of them is the same as attacking and killing a civilian. And every mob is hostile, EVERY mob will attack.
    Imagine doing a mine themed delve filled with bandits and narrow corridors, but killing a bandit will give you the same bounty as if you killed a civilian in a city. AND they call out for help. AND there are rooms with 4 or more them in there. Now try to do the whole thing staying in stealth. THAT is what it is like.
    That being said it may be that the objective is randomly placed so you may not have to go as deep as I did, but who knows.

People who are unaware about the nature of this quest will have a hard time not getting big bounty, UNLESS they are a kahjit (or a MagNB who could potentially stay invisible the whole time), then it will be significantly easier.

I see now. Though from what you're saying it seems I'll need to make sure I have a stack of invis pots ready just for this. Thanks for the warning.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Somehow.

I see now. Though from what you're saying it seems I'll need to make sure I have a stack of invis pots ready just for this. Thanks for the warning.

That would work too!
  • Alaya
    Alaya
    ✭✭✭
    d574ee8c1312d81e8022f599985a6923-jpg.jpg

"5 for Night Mother's Embrace, 4 for Vesture of Darloc Brae, and 3 for Night Terror.
    As a Khajiit trained in Medium Armor, you are literally unseen."

This screenshot comes from a guild I follow. If a Khajiit can literally stand in front of a guard like that and not get detected then it is broken.
    Edited by Alaya on May 22, 2019 1:29AM
  • Alucardmike
    Alucardmike
    ✭✭✭
    Alaya wrote: »

"5 for Night Mother's Embrace, 4 for Vesture of Darloc Brae, and 3 for Night Terror.

This screenshot comes from a guild I follow. If a Khajiit can literally stand in front of a guard like that and not get detected then it is broken.

But, but, but the guard is a Bosmer...

This shows very good, how bad the Bosmer are in detecting sneaking things...
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But, but, but the guard is a Bosmer...

This shows very good, how bad the Bosmer are in detecting sneaking things...

Maybe the Bosmer guard is saving his 3 skill points for something actually worthwhile!
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe the Bosmer guard is saving his 3 skill points for something actually worthwhile!

Assuming:

A: It is actually a guard, all that cropped screenie shows is a Bosmer.

B: The Khajit had any bounty in the first place for the "guard" to react to.

If the nameplate of the npc could be seen and the bounty indicator then it would be worth paying attention to.

• Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You win my internets for today :)
  • wedgebert
    wedgebert
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's "funny" is that it's broken in the exact same manner as the Wrathstone PTS when they initially had buffed Khajiit to 5m reduction.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Assuming:

A: It is actually a guard, all that cropped screenie shows is a Bosmer.

B: The Khajit had any bounty in the first place for the "guard" to react to.

If the nameplate of the npc could be seen and the bounty indicator then it would be worth paying attention to.

Good points.

Perhaps it was actually a screenshot of a wise Khajiit kneeling before the true masters of stealth!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s an npc Bosmer because we don’t have the emote that uses a sharpening tool he’s holding. No idea if the Khajiit has a bounty though.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really screwed over long-time paying customers who poured hours of their time into stealth gameplay just so that Khajiit could shine during their DLC didn't they?

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, this racial passives thing has clearly got people in a tizzy and though I could care less, I suppose being constructive is better than not at this point since people are so set in their ways.

What if......

ZOS introduces a system where when you chose your race, you get to pick your passives? Now I’m not saying the whole list of EVERY passive from every race is in your face but let’s say four or five lore friendly sets of passive you are able to choose from and can do to an in game shrine and change when you want?

I’ll use bosmer as an example since that’s what I am.

You have 4 trees. Name them what you will. Assassin, mender, defender. Whatever, probably not the best lore friendly titles for a wood elf but hear me out. You get 5 different passives right? You get to choose from the trees. Maybe you want mainly assassin passives that have stuff like sneak and extra damage from flank or behind. But you really like having a bit of disease/poison resistance and it’s in the defender tree. Go ahead and mix and match. Balance comes from following the “triad” as one tree may favor DPS and the others healing and tanking. Picking all passives from one tree would make you BiS essentially for that tree, but depending on your build and play style, taking a passive or two from another tree won’t be a bad thing either.

I don’t know. That’s the easiest way I can think of to keep things not only lore friendly but also gives people a choice to “play as you want”.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
This discussion has been closed.