Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone else have issue with light-attack weaving on a technical level?

• MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    Lag destroys dps in this game. Weaving is nearly impossible in Cyrodiil for me. PvE half the time light attacks dont fire off. Frags shows its procced, but then hard casts instead. Lighting pool and blockade dont go off sometimes. Curse and my spammable are about the only ones that work consistently.
    They should remove the hard cast on frags,and make it so it only will fire on proc.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I can tell, about 85% of the playerbase has an issue with light attack weaving on a technical level.
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly feel like they should buff all skills damage by the amount light attack weaving adds to the overall dps balance it out and patch animation canceling out of game make animation finish unless you dodge roll out of it. But won't lose dps because the dps remaisn the same from buffing everything else to compensate losing animation canceling.

On ps4 its near impossible to cancel and weave especially on necromancer try firing the skull and a light attack the skull or scythe skull endlessly overrides everything making the cancel and weaving impossible
    Options
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have 3 second lapses where skills all go off at once or get missed entirely it sounds like it could be a modem or internet issue. Just a few lapses in a parse could fairly explain how DPS could be 20% less than it should be.

This game really requires a fluid connection since you need use an action twice a second just to deal damage. Not counting all the running around, blocking and dodging.
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly feel like they should buff all skills damage by the amount light attack weaving adds to the overall dps balance it out and patch animation canceling out of game make animation finish unless you dodge roll out of it. But won't lose dps because the dps remaisn the same from buffing everything else to compensate losing animation canceling.

On ps4 its near impossible to cancel and weave especially on necromancer try firing the skull and a light attack the skull or scythe skull endlessly overrides everything making the cancel and weaving impossible

Animation cancelling is never going to be removed from ESO. They tried, it didn't work, and now it's considered a core combat mechanic to the point where some of the best raid gear depends on it and there are loading screen tips and level-up hints that promote it.

And also, weaving issues with Necromancers is not a PS4 issue. It's a class issue. On PC I regularly run into issues when I weave consecutive skulls/blastbones where my animations get all out of sync and I have to slow down and wait an extra half second before casting skills.

But aside from that, plenty of people weave and parse fine and blow through the hardest content in the game on PS4. I'm sure you can find them on YouTube or Twitch.

I played on XB1 for years before moving to PC, and while the sub-par hardware certainly adds some limitations, good players still weaved and canceled, cleared content, and put up big DPS numbers and big raid scores.
    Edited by LiquidPony on July 5, 2019 4:59PM
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I hate the weaving too. Half the time my LA don't fire/register and I am on a good compter with 100MB internet.

I get good parses in my "training house" when my ping is around 80 ang my FPS is around 90.

In a raid even with settings toned down, the graphics lag and ping fluctuations, the attacks just don't always go off

I would love that ping! 80ms, and 90 fps, and still trouble weaving.

Other posts 200 - 350 ping, 30-40 fps, no trouble weaving.

But this is not a skill issue /s
    Options
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    That's one hell of a claim. Baseless and not even anecdotal. You can't besmurge an entire playerbase because you have trouble doing the simple task of pressing 2 keys sequentially.

1. The basis for the claim is right there in the post, not going into thread bloating detail of decades now of experience with what people who take their video games a wee bit too seriously are willing to do to "win," and you are misusing the term "anecdotal."

3. I didn't "besmurge" an entire player base, arguendo only a very small but atypically vocal segment of one, nor do I have problems LA weaving. The claim was that there is lots of behind the scenes macroing and handcrafted, not standard, add-ons going on in this game... like ANY other game that allows such or doesn't have any way of policing it. I believe, based on 30 years of professional and coming up on 40 years of computer gaming experience, that lots of those who squeal when the nonimmersive, epileptic fit that is ESO combat is threatened are very often those who use such "tools"/advantages and have near perfect rigs/connections, often from work. I know this because I work with and represent companies in the IT industry and have for nearly two decades. Are there people who can master broken ESO combat without such? Of course, but what is really going on in this continuing debate needs to be openly discussed broadly because it almost never is in this or other games.

3. You can write a general macro that would a) accommodate a range of ping without sacrificing much dps or b) you can simply have a couple of different macro setups. Back in the old days of MMOS, I knew and knew of many players who would think nothing of buying a whole second rig to dual box if they thought it would give them a tiny edge. Macroing, multimacroing, custom add-ons that macro are real small potatoes in comparison.
    Options
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. What a bunch of malarkey.

I don't care whom you raid with or where they are from, and it bears not one bit on my claims, which you misstate and straw man. No one said anything about "neckbeards," but I know what I know based on decades of work and gaming experience, the latter in MMOs involving everything from guild leader to raid leader to PvP leader to average grunt, and a grunt I will remain in this game because the combat system is BAD and broken. ESO in the present state of is one of the prettiest games out there to run around in, but that's about it. Good for 2-3 months at a time then on to better games with better combat systems.

There are multiplayer games out there that involve actual skilled play. Every one I've ever played has two things. 1. Full, not sticky aim. 2. Significant parkour. ESO has neither, it is a casual game full of pet classes and cheese, which is fine and fun. But the "gitgud" retort in this game is a joke and a protective deflection from underlying ongoing cheese ala "I learned to drive the broken car and have gotten used to it, don't dare suggest any meaningful fixes or changes."

Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Weaving and animation cancelling in general have a tremendously bad relationship with connection stability for players. I, for instance, have a .5 upload and 3 download at my residence, which makes weaving an absolute nightmare.

However, at my brother's house, I have a screaming connection and have no issue whatsoever.

The mechanic isn't bad, but it certainly should not be the basis for sustained and quality damage/combat in ESO. LA/HA changes need to be completely reverted to pre 1-T.
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    Lol. What a bunch of malarkey.

I don't care whom you raid with or where they are from, and it bears not one bit on my claims, which you misstate and straw man. No one said anything about "neckbeards," but I know what I know based on decades of work and gaming experience, the latter in MMOs involving everything from guild leader to raid leader to PvP leader to average grunt, and a grunt I will remain in this game because the combat system is BAD and broken. ESO in the present state of is one of the prettiest games out there to run around in, but that's about it. Good for 2-3 months at a time then on to better games with better combat systems.

There are multiplayer games out there that involve actual skilled play. Every one I've ever played has two things. 1. Full, not sticky aim. 2. Significant parkour. ESO has neither, it is a casual game full of pet classes and cheese, which is fine and fun. But the "gitgud" retort in this game is a joke and a protective deflection from underlying ongoing cheese ala "I learned to drive the broken car and have gotten used to it, don't dare suggest any meaningful fixes or changes."

My recommendation would be that you need to git gud.
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the weaving too. Half the time my LA don't fire/register and I am on a good compter with 100MB internet.

I get good parses in my "training house" when my ping is around 80 ang my FPS is around 90.

In a raid even with settings toned down, the graphics lag and ping fluctuations, the attacks just don't always go off

Yea some of it is timing of the rotation but some of it is the not. I hit the damn button, I know I do. It does not go off.

When things go well I can hit 40-50 k dps
    I've even seen 60 a few times.

Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yea some of it is timing of the rotation but some of it is the not. I hit the damn button, I know I do. It does not go off.

When things go well I can hit 40-50 k dps
    I've even seen 60 a few times.

^This.

I've honestly stopped believing what the latency indicator says anymore because half the time it's not even accurate anyways.
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    That's one hell of a claim. Baseless and not even anecdotal. You can't besmurge an entire playerbase because you have trouble doing the simple task of pressing 2 keys sequentially.

1. The basis for the claim is right there in the post, not going into thread bloating detail of decades now of experience with what people who take their video games a wee bit too seriously are willing to do to "win," and you are misusing the term "anecdotal."

It's baseless because your 'story' has no basis in fact or plausible reality -- and I'm really not misusing a word when your attempt to evidence the claim is equally vague and incomplete in the context of what you're saying. You are trying to provide anecdotal evidence, but fail in doing so because it doesn't line up logically, hence your claim isn't even despite you wanting it so badly to be.

I work in IT, have done for years, am professionally a software architect, auto-didactically taught myself from the ground up, from phone monkey, to software engineer, to architect -- I've seen all sides of the IT outsourcing, transition, provisioning, delivery and maintenance industry from infrastructure to applications. I've never seen anything like what you describe (which would be grounds for dismissal) among professionals on infrastructures that are owned by clients or employers. That's not to say that people don't do it in their own time, just that they would struggle to do it in an ISO compliant ITIL environment.
    Another secret about these games and the "gitgud" crowd is that they are mostly composed of people with access to near perfect (free to them) connections in gov, edu and corporate IT departments, etc. where they have all day between service calls to sit around and perfect macros that exploit the obviously broken carpal-epilepsy combat system in ESO.

No properly managed service desk would have that amount of time or unchecked assets and resources. No gov, edu or corporate service desk is run such that this would be possible (and seeing as commonly outsourced), down time between service calls?... :lol: I don't know what kind of decades long mickey mouse cv you have in this industry, but it sounds like a farce.
    Edited by mairwen85 on July 6, 2019 12:14AM
    Options