The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS! What happens to MagNB?

Chubarov_S
Chubarov_S
✭✭✭
A little bit about me: I play MagNB for a very long time, almost 3000 hours, I created many builds for it, became emperor, participated in tournaments, etc. And I noticed that in addition to the fans of the class, nobody plays on it.

But now I have come to the conclusion that this is the weakest class in pvp, and now I will tell you why:

1) Vitality - the class does not have its own protection, it is tied to the presence of resto \ light armor. Passive healing is too weak to repel other classes if you are found.

He lacks an increase in healing from existing abilities and a new healing (for example, Morph Debilitate - absorbs the healing of an adversary and transfers it to you, like Eclipse)

2) Burst damage - MagNB has a burst 3 (!!!) times less than magsorc. Killing someone quickly without "Caluurion Legacy" is very difficult, except for Merciless Resolve, there is no burst! But it’s very easy to dodge an arrow and it accumulates for a long time.

Why is MagNB no other burst abilities?

Why is it not possible to get "Major Sorcery" out of combat?

3) Individual style - MagNB doesn’t have it; if you look at duel tournaments, you’ll see that he plays like sorc .... sorc without damage. It is even called "Half-Sorc".
In all respects, Sorc is superior to MagNB and many excellent PVP fighters have gone to Sorc and Templars.

4) Positioning - MagNB can not fight at a distance, because there is no long-range control and ult, but also cannot fight close up, because no survivability and easy to detect.

5) DK Wings - absolutely all MagNB long-range attacks - are projectiles (Impale, Merciless Resolve, Swallow Soul, Crippling Grasp), and DK reflects all of them, playing against them is almost impossible.
Maybe it is worth making some of them - not projectiles?

I understand that you are not interested in a class for which few fighters play .... but we exist. Hear? We exist!

@ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_GinaBruno
Theorycrafter manaNB
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    basically +1
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep you are not alone. Agree on every point.

The Debilitate idea is neat.
  • Courdisy
    Courdisy
    +3
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to fix a lot to make the MagNB viable in PvP.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's two super long threads about magblades issues already in this forum category. Let's hope we get some proper changes with elswyre
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    there's two super long threads about magblades issues already in this forum category. Let's hope we get some proper changes with elswyre

And even more threads asking for cloak nerfs. Man magblade will be destroyed.

Sad is, recently I play my magblade in medium armor instead of light. So that the medium armor passives enhance my cloak because detection potions destroy my only defence.
    Edited by Knootewoot on January 28, 2019 4:44PM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been destroyed because pve and stamnbs
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, buff me plz zenimax <3
    [EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I get an amen to this post ?
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf Cloak.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They said they were going to buff melee MNB in July last year. But here’s January and the only things we’ve gotten is either nerfs or the New Shadow Image
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    I feel you, glad you could put my anger in words. Its a shame, magblade is an awesome class but its just not fun to play anymore. I dont take joy from being in a zerg or killing cps 200+ lower than me. Seems its an ok class when you have an obvious advantage but in a fair fight you just have to have ALOT more skill than your opponent. Class is weak period.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Chubarov_S
    Chubarov_S
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf Cloak.

Right now, MagNB has no abilities other than a cloak, and before his nerf, he must first be given survivability and damage.
    Theorycrafter manaNB
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU - DC only
  • Chubarov_S
    Chubarov_S
    ✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

This is bad build. Null damage.
    Theorycrafter manaNB
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chubarov_S wrote: »

This is bad build. Null damage.

Lol, did you play ESO 2015? Do you even know something about NBs from this time?

Anyways I'm not the one who recorded this video, I'm just one guy of this squad. The purpose of posting this video was to show old NB plays, it isn't about specific build's.
    PC EU - DC only
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    In general it seems like magNB lost identity over the last updates. The new mantra of ZOS is ok with one skilltree for damage, one for healing and one for tanking. They did a good job with the changes to the ults but the rest of the class feels like an unfinished construction site.

Like @NyassaV stated in her bow build video I experienced the same on melee build's. You can transport old magNB playstyles to stamina and get better results with it. In my opinion it's time to give magNB a new playstyle besides healer. I'm thinking of an utility brawler because the ults don't prefer a full ranged playstyle.

For example the change to Dark Cloak was cool but I miss the synergies. While Shadow Disguise offers offensive and defensive power Dark Cloak offers only defensive and you have to sacrifice stats to make it reliable. I would suggest to give Dark Vigor or Dark Veil passive a bonus to spell penetration scales with 1,5/3% 2,5/5% of max HP, @ZOS_Gilliam . This buff would have more effect on PvP and most important no effect on stamblade. But it could be a small light for people who want to build a hybrid and it offers the opportunity to make Shadow Disguise a stam morph if they want to nerf sustain, just an idea but that's not the point.

Also changes Sap Essence and Debilitate could be an option to give them more AoE utility.

Edited percentage values
    Edited by ChefZero on January 30, 2019 6:22PM
    PC EU - DC only
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give magnb a friggin snare removal besides mist or fm. It's all I want...
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    ZOS needs to fix a lot to make the MagNB viable in PvP.

I mean it was fine before... They just had to mess with it come Summerset
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like @NyassaV stated in his bow build video I experienced the same on melee build's. You can transport old magNB playstyles to stamina and get better results with it. In my opinion it's time to give magNB a new playstyle besides healer. I'm thinking of an utility brawler because the ults don't prefer a full ranged playstyle.

Her*

But yeah pretty much. It's kinda sad that I can do what I did and have it be even more effective.
    Edited by NyassaV on January 30, 2019 6:12PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is the video in case anyone is curious just how screwed up magblade is right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ6L4omudnE&amp;t=713s
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Like @NyassaV stated in his bow build video I experienced the same on melee build's. You can transport old magNB playstyles to stamina and get better results with it. In my opinion it's time to give magNB a new playstyle besides healer. I'm thinking of an utility brawler because the ults don't prefer a full ranged playstyle.

Her*

But yeah pretty much. It's kinda sad that I can do what I did and have it be even more effective.

Oh ***, I watched your video and asked myself of the gender. My wife was sitting right next to me but i didn't ask her. I should do it next time... sorry! :#
    PC EU - DC only
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

Her*

Oh ***, I watched your video and asked myself of the gender. My wife was sitting right next to me but i didn't ask her. I should do it next time... sorry! :#

lol it's cool, I'm one of those weird freaky people. You'll find the information well documented elsewhere though such as on my twitch (same as forum name). You might be able to find gameplay of the bow build if you're interested in it too by looking on twitch's past broadcast section. You'll also see I make various gear set ups for the same bar set up too so feel free to take form that.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well weird and freaky maybe but with great build videos. :)
  • Chubarov_S
    Chubarov_S
    ✭✭✭
    Today I decided to check how my build will look on sorcs (non-CP). I took into account the peculiarities of the class and put the new buffs, changed the weapon, and put the same skills.

Here is the result:
    prok Merciless Resolve-12402 every 10 seconds in pvp (6 sec in pve)
    prok Crystal Fragments-10738 (8949+20%) every 3 seconds (and this not believing Haunting Curse-7718 every 3.5 of seconds)

@ZOS_Gilliam , @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_BrianWheeler don't you think you're doing something wrong?

Varden is the best in supporting the group
    Templar-the best in healing and purge
    DK-best survivability and CC
    Sorc-better damage and mobility
    NB-the best collector of flowers in Cyro? Or "the fastest quests in the Imperial city"?

Here's a look and see for yourself:
    NB https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=115757
    Sorc https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=116453
    Edited by Chubarov_S on February 6, 2019 5:34PM
    Theorycrafter manaNB
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...nah nothing wrong with my magic NB

https://youtu.be/t6tTl8wU4QE

https://youtu.be/HC_MKcOau44
  • Chubarov_S
    Chubarov_S
    ✭✭✭

This is a situational build, besides it does not work against good players. Everyone knows that in the crowd I'm standing in the block.
    Theorycrafter manaNB
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol yeah we know I'm sure everyone in the thread can make a bomb blade. BUT try to do anything else.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's similar to when people say "no my calu blade...." like we know you can still 1shot gank. But I would like to not be a 1 tri.....2 trick pony.

Edit: especially one that relies on a *** proc set
    Edited by Datthaw on February 7, 2019 12:06PM
  • Chubarov_S
    Chubarov_S
    ✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    It's similar to when people say "no my calu blade...." like we know you can still 1shot gank. But I would like to not be a 1 tri.....2 trick pony.

Edit: especially one that relies on a *** proc set

I don't want to use this set, I want to use a spinner, but in that case, I lose my only quick burst at the beginning of the fight. Sense this office to MagNB gave a normal burst, as have Sorcs.
    Edited by Chubarov_S on February 7, 2019 12:22PM
    Theorycrafter manaNB