The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Raid/Buffed DPS Comparison of each RACE by Class [Tests, Graphs, Interpretation and Final Score]

susmitds
susmitds
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings,
Aim

To find every race's efficiency in a raid buffed DPS test for all Classes
Procedure

The raid buffed DPS of all races is done 25 times for the classes Nightblade and Dragonknight. Of these 25 results, 20 results are randomly sampled out to decrease error. As Nightblade (Crit Based, High Sustain) and Dragonknight (Raw Damage Based, Low Sustain) are on two opposite spectrums of DD roles, we can interpolate the data to find the overall efficiency of the particular race for all classes, also taking into specific synergies the class might have with that race.

All four DDs(StamNB, StamDK, MagNB, MagDK) start DD on four 6M Skeletons at the same time. 3 standby support group members provide Orbs, Shard, Minor Berserk (for the DKs) and Elemental Drain (For Magicka DDs). 1st Warhorn is given at the first of the test. 2nd Warhorn is given when the first skeleton is down to 75%. 3rd Warhorn is given when the first skeleton is down to 50%. 4th Warhorn is given when the first skeleton is down to 25%. This results in 38 secs of Major Force uptime, spread across 4 phases.
Gear, Food, CP, Mundus

Magicka Gear - Spell Strategist, Mother's Sorrow, Valkyn Skoria all divines, 2 Bloodthirsty + 1 Infused, Infused Fire Staff, Infused vMA Lightning Staff
Stamina Gear - Relenquen, Advancing Yokeda, Kra'gh all divines, 2 Bloodthirsty + 1 Infused, Nirn+Precise DW, Infused vMA Bow
Armor + Jewelry Enchants - All Stamina/Magicka(Armor), Weapon/Spell Damage(Jewelry)
Magicka Weapon Enchants - Flame+Infused Absorb Magcika(all except Breton)/Flame+Infused Berserker(Breton)
Stamina Weapon Enchants - Double DoT poisons+Infused Absorb Stamina(all except Redguard, Bosmer)/Double DoT poisons+Infused Berserker(Redguard, Bosmer)
Mundus - Lover for all as penetration bonus is linear in nature and affects everybody in the same way
CP - We used Alcast's website ones to save time
Food - Max HP/Max Primary Resource for everybody
Rotation - Standard rotations for all classes. StamNB spammable - Surprise Attack. StamDK Spammable - Shrouded Daggers
Observations

q9uVIQR.png
vL2fVDN.png

9I9dPj9.png
kmh7JeH.png

Z5JJOhd.png
STMmfiW.png

JJ5Lcil.png
WQzDu1O.png
Interpretations

We can use these observed data and interpolate and retrofit this data to other classes.

Templar - Overall results should be fairly similar to Nightblade as it is also a crit damage class with decent sustain. However unlike Nightblades, the Templar does not have any way to increase crit chance from class passives, from within the classes. As such, we have to look for ways to increase crit chance from other passives, namely Khajiit race passive Feline Ambush.

Sorcerer - Overall results should be fairly similar to Dragonknight as it is very similar as far as basic DD structure goes and elemental difference no longer matters for races.

Warden - It is a good midground between Nightblade and Dragonknight, having the high sustain of Nightblade and raw damage nature of Dragonknight.
Results

Here, I am using a scoring system to compare the various races for various class roles.

10 - Excellent
8,9 - Great
7 - Good
6 - Decent
2-5 - Fair
1 - Unoptimized
(No bonuses for that particular role)

Note - This is a very close comparison. For realtime results races with 7-10 will be basically indistinguishable outside of some exceptions and are considered the specialized races for that role. Races with scores around 4-6 are also very viable for that role.

uAbDIAs.png
Racial Breakdown

Altmer
Great - All Magicka Roles
Fair - All Stamina Roles
Notes - Altmer has very balanced passives for any magicka DD role. They don't have the consistence of Breton but their highest parses tend to exceed Bretons.

Bosmer
Great - All Stamina Roles
Unoptimized - All Magicka Roles
Notes - They are the most consistent stamina DD race, thanks to their sustain.

Khajiit
Excellent - Stamina Templar, Magicka Templar
Great - Stamina Nightblade, Magicka Nightblade, Stamina Warden, Magicka Warden
Good - All remaining Roles
Notes - They are in a complex position. They have the lowest consistency of all races, owing to their critical damage nature as well as their low sustain. This can be seen very well, the highest as well as the lowest parses among specialized races for all roles go to them, regardless of their score. They need sustain support, especially on classes with low sustain.

Breton
Excellent - All Magicka Roles, except Magicka Templar
Great - Magicka Templar
Unoptimized - All Stamina Roles
Notes - They are the most consistent magicka DD race, thanks to their sustain, giving the overall edge in magicka roles in general. Their highest parse is lower than that of Altmer, but their average score is higher.

Redguard
Excellent - Stamina Sorcerer, Stamina Dragonknight
Good - Stamina Nightblade, Stamina Templar, Stamina Warden
Fair - Magicka Sorcerer, Magicka Dragonknight
Unoptimized - All remaining Roles
Notes - They are the second most consistent stamina DD race, thanks to their sustain. They perform outstandingly on classes with low sustain and no class spammable skills.

Orc
Excellent - Stamina Sorcerer, Stamina Dragonknight
Great - Stamina Nightblade, Stamina Templar, Stamina Warden
Unoptimized - All Magicka Roles
Notes - They are the perfect balance of raw damage and sustain for a stamina class. They perform exceeding well on classes with low sustain and no class spammable skills. Their consistence is between that of Dunmer and Redguard.

Nord
Decent - Stamina Dragonknight
Fair - Stamina Nightblade, Stamina Templar, Stamina Warden, Stamina Sorcerer, All Magicka Roles
Notes - Their Ultimate Generation should be good for DPS, also helping in sustain for Dragonknights. Their overall DPS should be close to that of Imperial.

Argonian
Decent - All Magicka Roles
Fair - All Stamina Roles
Notes - They have good sustain overall and should be viable enough for most DPS roles.

Dunmer
Excellent - Stamina Nightblade, Stamina Warden, Stamina Dragonknight
Great - Stamina Sorcerer, Stamina Templar, Magicka Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Dragonknight, Magicka Nightblade
Good - Magicka Templar
Notes - Their stamina DD performance is off the charts when provided with enough sustain support, getting the position of the best overall stamina damage dealer. Their sustain is lacking significantly and low sustain classes may using additional recovery enchants. Their consistence suffers as a result.

Imperial
Decent - Stamina Sorcerer
Fair - All remaining Roles
Notes - They perform good enough to be viable across stamina DD roles, though not optimal.

Special Thanks to my Hell Runners guildmates for working with me.

Further info here -> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455283
Edited by susmitds on January 26, 2019 1:01PM
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your hard work!
  • Intextio
    Intextio
    ✭✭✭
    This should shut the naysayers up.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1uP6OFH.jpg
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this. And credit where it's due--ZOS did a good job here.
  • Intextio
    Intextio
    ✭✭✭
    So is the lynch mob going to calm down now, or are they just going to keep screaming bloody murder?
  • sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for putting in all this work and giving the community a great tool for evaluating the changes!
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't care, Dunmer is DEAD, DEAD I SAY!
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, so Khajiit, Dunmer and Orc seem best for Stam.

If Khajiit can get a little boost in sustain they will be in great shape stam wise.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff.

Though I don't understand one thing. Why are the Khajiit's parses all over the place?

I mean, back to back parses dropped straight from 64k to 58k in one instance.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good work, glad to see someone trying to provide quantitatively useful information not specific to one particular setup.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work. Thanks for running the numbers.
    Looks like the changes are actually pretty good.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »
    Great stuff.

Though I don't understand one thing. Why are the Khajiit's parses all over the place?

OP put it down to khajiit's crictal and low sustain. That tracks for me.
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    Intextio wrote: »
    So is the lynch mob going to calm down now, or are they just going to keep screaming bloody murder?

no unfortunately because no one will read the data - OP thanks for the work put into this!
    Edited by iam117 on January 23, 2019 11:39PM
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for all your hard work with this. Very helpful!
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff.

One cause is low sustain. Khajiit sustain is plain bad.
    This is compounded by the fact that Khajiit's primary source of damage is critical hits, which is RNG based. If you are unlucky, then your hard hitting abilities may not crit, decreasing DPS. Sometimes, you can end up with the same percentage of critical hits as other races. When that happens, you are basically weaker than Imperial or Argonian, as Khajiit lacks raw stats. This decreases your DPS a lot, which also means the fight goes on longer. This in turn, further pressures your non-existent sustain. Heavy Attacks further destroy your DPS.

The inverse can also happen, though rarer, in which all your hard hitters crit and the fight is over, before it can pressure your sustain. This results in very high parses.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent information. Thank you for the time and effort you put into this. Great service to the community.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Great stuff.

One cause is low sustain. Khajiit sustain is plain bad.
    This is compounded by the fact that Khajiit's primary source of damage is critical hits, which is RNG based. If you are unlucky, then your hard hitting abilities may not crit, decreasing DPS. Sometimes, you can end up with the same percentage of critical hits as other races. When that happens, you are basically weaker than Imperial or Argonian, as Khajiit lacks raw stats. This decreases your DPS a lot, which also means the fight goes on longer. This in turn, further pressures your non-existent sustain. Heavy Attacks further destroy your DPS.

The inverse can also happen, though rarer, in which all your hard hitters crit and the fight is over, before it can pressure your sustain. This results in very high parses.

So, maybe say... an increase from 75 on the passive to 150 would help a lot?

@ZOS_GinaBruno Plz????
    Edited by Azyle1 on January 23, 2019 11:41PM
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goodbye imperials
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the food used for magicka and stamina tests respectively, I can't seem to find the info--and thank you for your analysis and hard work!
    Edited by Jaimeh on January 23, 2019 11:44PM
  • Aluneth
    Aluneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    The one that is the most deserving of a buff on that list is clearly Imperial. It's the worst performing of all the races. Nord comes in on close second, but still performs better.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    What was the food used for magicka and stamina tests respectively, I can't seem to find the info--and thank you for your analysis and hard work!

*facepalm* Why do I always forget to mention something. Thanks. Updated.
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    basically anyone that bought the imperial upgrade wasted money.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    XxCaLxX wrote: »
    basically anyone that bought the imperial upgrade wasted money.

I did, and I don't even remember it.

I know i bought it but I don't remember it
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have a question for you op: In your opinion, should active regen be better than passive regen in general?
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're a god, dude. Thank you!
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »

*facepalm* Why do I always forget to mention something. Thanks. Updated.

Well it was a lot of info to condense and communicate :) And cheers for the update!
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best effing post ever.
    That I've read.
    About class and race.
    Comparison.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    I do have a question for you op: In your opinion, should active regen be better than passive regen in general?

Passive regen is better in real fights with gaps and variable phases, especially for classes with higher recovery modifiers like Nightblade. Active regen is better for classes without those modifiers but high drain like Sorcerers and Dragonknight.
  • Altaryan
    Altaryan
    StamDK Spammable - Shrouded Daggers

The thing is... this spammable is very hard to sustain on a DK. However, using claw as spammable can bring a very good ST DPS and allows to not use a stamina regen enchant at all on a 6M dummy if provided with orbs for races with lower sustain (Orcs and Dunmer).

On live, a rotation with claw as spammable allowed me to go up to 72k on Rakkaht or 74k on Varlariel, Single Target (and not insanely buffed, I don't even have major slayer on these)
    Edited by Altaryan on January 24, 2019 12:10AM