Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Upcoming Racial Balance Changes for Update 21

• Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I was hoping my Breton would get some form of stamina racial passives as I love playing a Breton stamblade but I know u guys got to work with in the lore some nice changes here I love it
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any issues with this.

Will be nice to play my Dunmer without fire attacks and not feel like I am wasting power. Also means my StamDen Dunmer just got a bit better.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    My initial impression is that I don't like it. I didn't like the preamble about freedom, and there's a lot of things that instantly rub me the wrong way like:

Spell Recharge: Restore 575 Magicka or Stamina, based on whichever is higher, after activating a Class Ability. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

I don't have a high elf character, but this description is what I hate about building characters in ESO in a nutshell: stupid arbitrary conditions: why tie racial recovery to using a class ability?

I would have much preferred it if the current system was tweaked.

This, this, THIS!

Why should an innate part of a character's race be tied-into using CLASS abilities, instead of all magic in general?

Both the new Redguard and Imperial passive proc on direct damage, which make a lot more sense.

The Orc passive also only procs on weapon attacks—but if it follows the behaviour of our current weapon attack proc conditions, then it should activate on light & heavy attacks, which should be fine.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is a 9% max health changed to 1000 max health and a 3% max magika changed 1000 max magika, this sucks for imperials, nords and argonians
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit

Carnage: Increase Weapon Critical Chance by 8% → Feline Ambush: Increases your Weapon and Spell Critical Chance by 8%. Reduces your detection radius in Stealth by 5m.

Too much
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a lot of talk about Nords, I see some chime in they are nerfed but I am looking and I just don't see it. As a Nord Warden I am pretty much going to have Forest up non-stop or Dawnbreaker after Dawnbreaker with the added ulti gen combined with my Warden kit and then 500 less stamina than the top DPS races I can do fine DPS or play as a top tier tank now, Yes I have 1k less health than Imperial tanks but make up for it with nearly 4k resistances.

My CP resistances are already 3.5k each so combine that with my passives now and I am sitting at a little over 7k resistances. Now when I pop Ice Fortress I am adding another 5280 resistances and an added 8% damage mitigation from Minor Protection.

I haven't even accounted for Major and Minor Toughness or Major Protection which I get from my Northern Storm ult. I get Minor Protection from heals which increases my health by 8%.

Maybe I am not seeing it but I am really like the Nord changes especially for my tanking Warden.

A lot of complains about recovery but we just need to change up our CP passives and run different foods to make certain classes work as well as others.
    Edited by IronWooshu on January 17, 2019 8:18AM
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even tho Argonians got a slight nerf I still stick to my Lizardbois!
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerfing the holy bajesus out of my breton mag sorcs mag pool cool changes guys.....
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you had a race with 10% max stamina or magicka, and your final build was around 40k magicka or stamina, then these changes are nerfing you by HALF. You will lose effectively 2000 of the 4000 resources in your max pool (39600/1.1) = 36,000 + 2000 = 38,000
    • If you ran a Breton or High Elf Magicka build with 40k magicka, you now have 38k magicka. I guess Magnus is an indian giver.
    • If you ran a Redguard Stamina damage build with 40k stamina, you now have lost effectively 200 weapon damage.
    • If you ran a 50k health imperial tank, you now have 46.6k Health

This isn't "Balance" this is nerfing the top damage dealing builds in the game. This is the price of power creep.

Actually, I would like to correct you, at least about the magicka pool, since I've done the necessary calculations a couple of weeks ago involving Khajiiti, Argonians, and Dunmer. I didn't test Altmer, but I have the calculations down and verified.

The fun thing about the +max Magicka% increases in racial passives right now is that they are additive to the existing +max Magicka% increases. Take, for example, a non-pet Magsorc on the exact same build: Magsorcs have several sources of +max Magicka%, such as Inner Light, Bound Aegis, Mages Guild, and Undaunted Mettle. With those in mind, Dunmer would have a total of +30% max Magicka to their pool, while something without Magicka racial passives, take Khajiit for example, would just have +21% max Magicka to their pool. Currently, on the same build, the Khajiiti would have 39,501 Magicka, and the Dunmer would have 42,439. Just from calculations, Altmer would have 42,766 max Magicka in the same build.

With these changes in mind, the new numbers with the new proposed changes would differ depending on how that flat magicka buff is applied. Keeping the exact same non-pet magsorc build, if it is applied before the +max Magicka%, Dunmer (+1250 max Magicka) would have 41,013 Magicka, and Altmer (+2000 max Magicka) would have 41,921; if it is applied after the % buff, Dunmer would have 40,751 Magicka, and Altmer would have 41,501.

From 42,766 max Magicka down to either 41,921 or 41,501, a decrease in only 2-3% Magicka in the end.

The same would happen to Redguards, but I haven't tested anything related to stamina as of yet, but my theory is that since stamina builds have smaller stamina pools, their nerfs would be completely insignificant, or perhaps is even a damage buff.
    Edited by HatchetHaro on January 17, 2019 8:17AM
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I mean, on the bright side, pretty much everyone's passives got worse with the exception of maybe nord in the context of tanking, so that's cool right?

I don't get ZOS' obsession with nerfs. Nerfs suck in traditional MMOs but you deal with them. In a mostly horizontal progression MMO like this one (fully horizontal once they shut off CP), nerfs are like open wounds that never heal.

I haven't seen my dps go up in almost a year on most of my toons. My dps will probably be going down as a result of these changes. My sorc's survivability is in the gutter from the Nerfmire changes. Playing the game immediately got harder b/c I got my first toon to CP 160 when the morrowind sustain nerfs hit.

I'm just tired of getting weaker. This isn't fun. If there were a better western MMO on the market, I'd be playing it. They're setting that bar increasingly lower with each update it seems.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicalas wrote: »
    Nice cash grab. 1 free race change. Which means I have to spend $300 or reroll everything.

I knew it will be like that, what did people expect? Some slight adjustments by ZOS? LMAO! Whiners gave ZOS perfect opportunity to do this "because Argonians are OP", so they made adjustments filiping everything around and this wasn't accidentall that meta shifted, it's a perfect opportunity to make some cash.

Are these races balanced now? Not even close, we can already see which will be the new meta. This is exactly what I've expected because I would do the same if I were on ZOS spot.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you had a race with 10% max stamina or magicka, and your final build was around 40k magicka or stamina, then these changes are nerfing you by HALF. You will lose effectively 2000 of the 4000 resources in your max pool (39600/1.1) = 36,000 + 2000 = 38,000
    • If you ran a Breton or High Elf Magicka build with 40k magicka, you now have 38k magicka. I guess Magnus is an indian giver.
    • If you ran a Redguard Stamina damage build with 40k stamina, you now have lost effectively 200 weapon damage.

This isn't "Balance" this is nerfing the top damage dealing builds in the game. This is the price of power creep.

Actually, I would like to correct you, at least about the magicka pool, since I've done the necessary calculations a couple of weeks ago involving Khajiiti, Argonians, and Dunmer. I didn't test Altmer, but I have the calculations down and verified.

The fun thing about the +max Magicka% increases in racial passives right now is that they are additive to the existing +max Magicka% increases. Take, for example, a non-pet Magsorc on the exact same build: Magsorcs have several sources of +max Magicka%, such as Inner Light, Bound Aegis, Mages Guild, and Undaunted Mettle. With those in mind, Dunmer would have a total of +30% max Magicka to their pool, while something without Magicka racial passives, take Khajiit for example, would just have +21% max Magicka to their pool. Currently, on the same build, the Khajiiti would have 39,501 Magicka, and the Dunmer would have 42,439. Just from calculations, Altmer would have 42,766 max Magicka in the same build.

With these changes in mind, the new numbers with the new proposed changes would differ depending on how that flat magicka buff is applied. If it is applied before the +max Magicka%, Dunmer would have 41,013 Magicka, and Altmer would have 41,921; if it is applied after the % buff, Dunmer would have 40,751 Magicka, and Altmer would have 41,501.

From 42,766 max Magicka down to either 41,921 or 41,501, a decrease in only 2-3% Magicka in the end.

The same would happen to Redguards, but I haven't tested anything related to stamina as of yet, but my theory is that since stamina builds have smaller stamina pools, their nerfs would be completely insignificant, or perhaps is even a damage buff.

Correct, I just ran the calculations for my PvP Altmer Magsorc. In a no-CP environment I'd be going down from 34.7k mag to 33.6—a loss of 1.1k that should be compensated-for by the spell damage increase (although it will entail a very unappreciated reduction to my ward tooltip).

In CP, the gap will close to only 700 mag, since the new passives count as base stats and are thus multiplied through the 20% CP modifier.
    Edited by TheYKcid on January 17, 2019 8:19AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i knew those announcements from the stream were missing the bad parts, frankly race changes should be free for a limited time. 1 race change simply is not going to be enough.
    latest?cb=20151210133445
    Edited by Leogon on January 17, 2019 8:19AM
  • MassTerror23
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Nice. So you nerf Nords *even* more, by changing the previous "all-round" 6% into resistance? Dunno about the ulti generation, might just be pessimistic - every 10 seconds? Well that's not much, certainly not in PVP. Sure it might be good for a TANK, but do we really want to push Nords into even more niche tanking role? They were not best at it to start with, so why force them to stay there?

And Redguard... Ffs., you *increase* what made these meta? Why do you want ever stamina DD to be Redguard? Why?

And... You *decreased* Khajiit stamina recovery to literally... NOTHING? Great. You just made Khajiit impossible to use for competitive damage dealing, really - this makes them good for nothing at all, they were already struggling with stamina recovery; 75 recovery? Really? What are they supposed to be used for? Pickpocketing alone? Redguard was already the "button masher handicapped" choice over Khajiit. Khajiit will now have the vigor of a 50 year old obese chain smoker.

With these changes - there's no such thing as a serious end game Khajiit DD anymore. Every stamina damage dealer HAS to be Redguard or gtfo. Khajiit is out, Bosmer is out - only remotely viable alternative is now Orc. I don't know, but I'm getting a weird feeling this some kind of "real world" political correctness thing? Everyone needs to be a Redguard. Seriously, it's ridiculous. Pathetic.

Regarding you saying Bosmer is out that is a lie I’m currently a bosmer and my recov with this change will be like 950 without stam pot it’ll be at like 1150 with stam pot. Redguards will have a 700 recov and a like 850 recov with pots. So in combat your recov procs every 2 seconds. So let’s do the math for redguards first. Every 5 seconds they get 950 recov via passive and their stam recov procs twice so that’ll be 850*2=1700 so every 5 secs they get 1700+950=2650 stam. Now wood elves in 5 seconds will get 1150*2=2300 stam recov. The difference in their recov will be 2650-2300=350 recov. And a standard pve rotation is about 10 seconds so their difference in one rotation is 700 stam which isn’t that bad especially since they have the same stam gain which is a nerd for redguards and buff for wood elves. So you can’t count them out.

Also the 700 comes from the recov my character has without my stam passive.
    Another thing is wood elves might come out with more than 950 recov because it flat 258 and idk if that’s applied before or after stats like recov is increased by x%
    Edited by MassTerror23 on January 17, 2019 8:24AM
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please @zos . Do revisit those percent numbers. Its *** that some races have 1k for 9% and others have 2k for 10 % thats definetly stupid.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the hell ? Khajiit has worst sustain and you nerf our sustain more ?
    You want to force us all into nb's so we are viable as khajiits in pvp ? Not good changes... Not at all.
  • silentdeath714
    1 free token? Out of 15 character slots most vet players probably have. And your doing how many changes in how many races? What a joke. How about you have tokens free after your ‘balance’ changes. I won’t do another year of this schemes. You’re changing things we have to put up real money to benefit from the chances. AGAIN. I love the part when it says ‘when you pick a race’ how old is this game? And you have to buy the adventure pack to even play any race any alliance. How about you balance your store prices.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lab3360 wrote: »
    Congratulations

Now all the races feel exactly the same.

exactly THIS

homogenising in its finest...
    lets be real here, most races get nerfed substantially and ZOS tries to force us to buy race changne tokens, by only providing 1 Token / account for free

already low rate of MagDK is PVE is gona shrink even more, cause they nerf Dunmer into oblivion (PVE endgame standpoint)
    the synergy from Dunmer and DK, was probably the most "Real" application of Lore in the game, and it gets wrecked within 1 Patch, GJ ZOS...

You collaborate with Bethesda to bring dragons into the game, so its lore friendly but completly gutt certain races which had a unique Synergy to a Class. This still shows that there is no clear Vision for the future.

Certain Races get some love, which is great aka Nords, bretons as examples.

But this homogenisation has to stop NOW...it just doesnt make any sense and becomes dull and boring.
    first you make changes to classes, so every class get a unique buff it can provide to the group, indicating you want to have unique things in the game and now you take all the things that made Dunmers unique and nerf them into oblivion.

I would love to see how many characters exist which have the Race set as Dunmer, must be over 30% so its worth it to force the playerbase to buy tokens.

THIS is how you will loose players, which subbed for years, in anticipation that ESO isnt going to be watered down even more than 1T already did.
    You didnt learn from morrowind, when a big portion of Endgame PVE'ers left, and you probably wont learn from this neither.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord changes don’t do anything for me, needs more work. And Exhilaration: 9% Stamina Recovery → Martial Training: Reduces the cost of your Weapon abilities by 8%. <—-should be a reduction to stamina abilities

Overall pretty decent changes as far as races. I’m curious to see the class balance though, especially since high elf’s get a reduction to channels. Meaning a nerf to Templar could be coming.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

With these changes in mind, the new numbers with the new proposed changes would differ depending on how that flat magicka buff is applied. Keeping the exact same non-pet magsorc build, if it is applied before the +max Magicka%, Dunmer (+1250 max Magicka) would have 41,013 Magicka, and Altmer (+2000 max Magicka) would have 41,921; if it is applied after the % buff, Dunmer would have 40,751 Magicka, and Altmer would have 41,501.

Could you 'show your work' as they used to say at school? I'd like to see how you calculated :smile: ... for ease of mind.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Could you at least buff stam sorc before you touch orc. I mean my god people. Ill have to try it out on the pts before i see how bad it is, but the health recov is important.
  • terrasight
    terrasight
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    RIP Dunmer.

Unless you intend to play a hybrid, there's absolutely no reason to pick Dunmer over Altmer for a mag class.

In the current patch, Dunmer-vs-Altmer was a question of damage-vs-sustain. With the high amount of fire damage at play, Dunmer did slightly higher DPS than Altmer, but Altmer had better sustain. Dunmer had 9% max mag (6%+3%) vs. Altmer's 10%, so that was not a substantial difference.

Now with these proposed changes...
    1. The magicka deficit between Dunmer and Altmer is larger.
    2. Replacing Dunmer's higher flame damage with weapon damage (useful only for a hybrid) means that Dunmer now does less DPS than Altmer (as they have the same spell damage bonus).
    3. Dunmer doesn't have Altmer's sustain.

So whereas in the past Dunmer lost sustain in exchange for slightly more damage versus Altmer, now they've lost sustain and lost damage. So... why would anyone pick Dunmer?

Suggestion: Give Dunmer fire abilities an additional X spell damage. It would make them once again a meaningful alternative to Altmer and is consistent with their lore background.

I agree 100% here.

In PVE, with these changes, you'll see no Dunmer anymore... and that is sad... I like my Dunmer since gamestart :(
    There'll be Altmer everywhere at magical classes...

Don't know PVP (and don't care) but for PVE Dunmer will be dead with this changes.
    Hekat'e / Hel'a Niflheim - Sorc / Necro - PS5 EU
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 free token? Out of 15 character slots most vet players probably have. And your doing how many changes in how many races? What a joke. How about you have tokens free after your ‘balance’ changes. I won’t do another year of this schemes. You’re changing things we have to put up real money to benefit from the chances. AGAIN. I love the part when it says ‘when you pick a race’ how old is this game? And you have to buy the adventure pack to even play any race any alliance. How about you balance your store prices.
    This whole thing is a money grab. The fact that they don't even include a name change with the race change proves it's a money grab.
    Edited by Leogon on January 17, 2019 8:29AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job ZOS! I see that have many more viable options for my sorcerer's race after this patch...I can't wait!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like the system used to calculate value sees 75 stam + 75 mag = 150 stam or 150 mag reg. Since they aren't at all equal, Khajiit is taking a big freaking nerf and falling further behind redguard in dps. The second best stam dps just became a bad stam dps or a bad mag dps. That's not adding options. And the health regen, it's so useless. I was hoping that value would move into something worth while.

@ZOS_Gilliam

I sincerely hope this will be looked at and the following considered. A Kahjiit that spends their life on weapons training is highly likely to have added stamina and recovery from doing so. It's extremely unlikely that they would have extra mag and mag regen. However a Khajiit that lives to train and practice with a staff would have the opposite. Let that 40th attribute point convert 75 stam reg + 75 mag reg into 150 for whichever the characters specialization is. Same with the max stat. It will be a power boost during progression which is one of the stated goals. It will also avoid ruining Khajiit.

This would leave khajiit below altmer for mag dps and redguard for stam dps, but at least khajiit can play along in a game that basically insists we go all in as mag or stam.

• King-Justin-Arisdale
    You say a few things here that are not entirely being represented by this post, “Right now there are a lack of effective options in picking your race/class combination. Many racial bonuses do not have universal applicability. Some races provided far more mathematical combat power than others.”

Keeping things lore friendly is not freedom of choice or “effective options in picking your race/class combination”. Those are two different concepts. You are still forcing people to play a race they don't want to play and have simply pushed everyone into a new meta/race changes. Also, since we can have any race/any faction, the desire to hold onto “lore friendly” style with the races has already long gone out the window. So, why bother now?

I saw others say this and I agree, race should be a cosmetic choice, not a meta fit choice. Either get rid of passives all together so everything is truly balanced or come up with a way that someone can have a wood elf tank and a nord tank that have the same generic passives for tanking. Just general tank passives, general healer passives, general magic and stam dps passives. Now that is “effective options in picking your race/class combination” Oh you want to be a Daggerfall Covenant wood elf tank? Great! Pick your class, race, faction, and select the tank passives option the same way.

Argonian’s still can’t compete with the top dps classes with these changes, for example. What about this? How did you properly balance this: “Some races provided far more mathematical combat power than others.” You didn’t, they still don't.

Lore friendly racial passives could just be simple RP passives that do not make one race better at end game. Like argonians fast swimming and khajjits sneak and that’s it.

I have been an argonian veteran HM raid tank main for 5 years. I never want that to change, not after this long.
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

Could you 'show your work' as they used to say at school? I'd like to see how you calculated :smile: ... for ease of mind.

Of course! Forgive the mess; I've already spent so much time typing and I need to catch up on my work right now; if you want more in-depth explanations just DM me and I'll explain after I finish my project.

Stats on different races, exact same builds and CP
    jkj2r9z.png
    ZtWO0XN.png
    viOrnp6.png

Text file with calculations and observations from my testing session couple of weeks ago.
    58naOZ7.png

Total +max Magicka% = Inner Light + Undaunted Mettle + Bound Aegis + Mages Guild + Racial Passive = +21% max Magicka + Racial Passive

Base max Magicka before the +max Magicka% = Khajiiti max Magicka / (1+21%) = Argonian max Magicka / (1+24%) = Dunmer max Magicka / (1+30%) = ~32645.5

New passives, Altmer +2000 magicka
    Applied before % increase
    (32645.5 + 2000) * (1 + 21%) = 41921
    Applied after % increase
    (32645.5) * (1 + 21%) + 2000 = 41501

Edited by HatchetHaro on January 17, 2019 8:39AM
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @HatchetHaro, Excellent! Thank you.
    code65536 wrote: »
    RIP Dunmer.

Unless you intend to play a hybrid, there's absolutely no reason to pick Dunmer over Altmer for a mag class.

In the current patch, Dunmer-vs-Altmer was a question of damage-vs-sustain. With the high amount of fire damage at play, Dunmer did slightly higher DPS than Altmer, but Altmer had better sustain. Dunmer had 9% max mag (6%+3%) vs. Altmer's 10%, so that was not a substantial difference.

Now with these proposed changes...
    1. The magicka deficit between Dunmer and Altmer is larger.
    2. Replacing Dunmer's higher flame damage with weapon damage (useful only for a hybrid) means that Dunmer now does less DPS than Altmer (as they have the same spell damage bonus).
    3. Dunmer doesn't have Altmer's sustain.

So whereas in the past Dunmer lost sustain in exchange for slightly more damage versus Altmer, now they've lost sustain and lost damage. So... why would anyone pick Dunmer?

Suggestion: Give Dunmer fire abilities an additional X spell damage. It would make them once again a meaningful alternative to Altmer and is consistent with their lore background.

Agreed. Extra fire damage wouldn't even be necessary if Dunmer burst were increased as compensation (i.e. +x spell and weapon damage)
    Edited by mairwen85 on January 17, 2019 8:40AM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orc
    The Orc race is one of honor and code. Well known for their aggressive combat style, we wanted to showcase this by helping them keep up the fight with their new recovery when utilizing any weapon. Their previous bonus to Melee Damage was too niche, and we wanted Orcs to feel powerful with less restrictions. Since we’re giving them more damage and aggression, we also wanted to dial back on some of their defensive power.

Swift Warrior : Increases your Weapon Damage by 258

Dark Elf
    Ruination : Increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 258.

WTF ? How aggressive is Orc ? How ZOS calculate with that ! OMG !

You guys should increase Swift Warrior to 516 Weapon Damage , otherwise no one would pick Orc ! They never a good race in the game , you guys just doing the same thing again , buff the strong and nerf the bad .
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My initial impression is that the changes are of the more of the same variety and mostly add up to a waste of developer time. Race is maybe not as important as before but still super important (70% as important as it was before for mag users and 120% as important for stam as Redgaurds lead looks to have widened), the wrong one for a build still breaks the build, and some races are much better than others. The one thing I do notice is that most of the time the change from percentage to flat value will eliminate some synergy between build and race. IE, my mag sorc will get 2k mag instead of 3.5k because the fact it is a high mag pool toon no longer multiplies.

Redgaurd actually looks more BIS than it was before. Wasn't the problem being addressed here how some races were just super BIS with Redgaurd the actual example? Additionally, he second best stam dps race, Kajit is actually less good than it was for stam.

Breton gets a purpose, mag sustain, so it doesn't universally suck anymore.

Dark elf - really, we are doing the jack of all trades viable at none thing. This might sum up in a nutshell what is wrong with the thinking that prevents this game from being balanced very well. Also, all those guys who had slotted BIS dark elf NB's are going to be hella pissed.

Wood elf roll dodge on cool down LOS fast stam builds are going to be a huge problem in Cyr. Mark my words, the Wobbler might figure it out in 2 years if he still has a job but poor Gina is going to hear about it endlessly from the day it goes live.

The whole casting an ability to get magica back seems a dumb way to boost sustain. I don't have any mag, oh no, I'll just cast an ability to get mag back.... Or not because, you know, abilities cost the mag I don't have. Why not just flat regen? We will never know the things that the Wobbler thinks. Didn't the Wobbler go crazy far out of his way with morrowind to make sure we all had to heavy attack a bunch preventing us from casting abilities on cooldown? Now we have resource return optimized for casting abilities on cooldown. Which behavior do you want us to do to get resources when we are low, holding down right click or casting abilities on cooldown?
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.