The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Upcoming Racial Balance Changes for Update 21

• josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood Elf speed boost is too powerful. Especially since it will stack with Major Expedition. Instead of 20% untyped/stacking, it should just be Major Expedition for 3 seconds, or Minor Expedition if you want a stacking bonus.

We saw how powerful stacking speed was in the Swift meta, 20% is better than three swift now. A better bonus than three jewelry traits with a roll? Way too powerful! Way out of line with all the other bonuses.

Everything else looks okay, with maybe a couple minor tweaks.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on January 17, 2019 7:27AM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    High Elf - Good changes all over the place. I'm finding it difficult to say anything negative about them.

Argonian - Again, good changes. I still don't understand why they want to make Argonians the healer class, lorewise they are not healers.

Wood Elf - Pretty good stuff. I can see Wood Elves becoming a lot more popular in PvP, especially if that 20% speed increase stacks with the major expedition from the bow. A bit OP even?

Breton - Much needed buff to the cost reduction racial. I will be changing my magplar main from Argonian to Breton.

Dark Elf - 3% Max Magicka → Increases your Max Health by 600. This is not a good change, makes no sense whatsoever, and 600 health is an insignificant amount to justify losing 3% magicka.

Imperial - New go to race for pvp, and tanking?

Khajiit - I feel like they're trying to make them a "trick of all trades" race, but lorewise they are not. Argonians would be better suited for this.

Nord - Are these nerfs? Look like it to me, and it honestly doesn't make any sense.

Orc - Brawny: 6% Max Health and Stamina → Increases your Max Health and Stamina by 500. That's an unnecessary nerf. I'm on board with the other 2 though.

Redguard - WUT? Redguard sustain was so good that if you were not playing a redguard as a stamina class, you were simply doing it wrong. And their solution to this was to make their sustain even better...WTH!

Redguard lost 9% regen and also max stam
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood Elf
    • Increases experience gain in Bow Skill Line by 15%, decreases fall damage taken by 10% → No changes
    • Y’ffre’s Endurance: 21% Stamina Recovery → Increases your Stamina Recovery by 258.
    • Resist Affliction: 6% Max Stamina and 1485 Poison and Disease Resistance → Increases your Max Stamina by 2000 and your Poison Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Poisoned status effect.
    • Stealthy: Reduces detection Radius by 3m and Increases Damage Done in Stealth by 10% → Hunter’s Eye: Increases your Stealth detection radius by 3m. After you use Roll Dodge you gain 20% Movement Speed for 3 seconds.
      • A quick note on why we changed the Stealthy passive: Previously this passive was shared between Khajiit and Wood Elf, and didn’t help them feel distinct enough from each other. Additionally, since Sneaking isn’t a universal mechanic to the game (many enemies in Tamriel can’t be bothered sneaking about!), we wanted to take away some of the focus from the passive and build that into their other passives instead. We still want to support that game mechanic however, so we kept parts of each the Wood Elf’s and the Khajiit’s version of these passives.
    Developer Comment
    The thick forests of Valenwood have imprinted the importance of the ability to hunt in the Wood Elf race, and as such they have a natural adeptness for detecting potential threats. Quick to react and well versed in the poisons of nature, they can outlast and outwit their opponents. These traits are demonstrated with their natural speed boost when tactfully engaging combat, and their unparalleled Stamina Recovery.

Surely Hunter's Eye would reduce your detection radius in Stealth, not increase it. Not only are Wood Elves the smallest race in the game, who in their right mind would choose to make themselves more detectable?
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LLawlietW wrote: »
    Why was redguard buffed? how does that make sense when they are already considered the best race for stamina dps. and then the second best option khajiit gets nerfed. i just dont understand how that is supposed to make sense at all. now khajiit has more health recovery than stam... but yea lets buff adrenaline rush
    So you buff redguard? lul
    He means that redguard is buffed in comparison to other races. If we take plain maxstam build of course it's nerfed like all other.
    Only one I'm worried about is the Redguard. Given how hard that race is pushed as "The Choice for StamDPS," buffing Adrenaline Rush feels like a mistake.
    For the people complaining about the changes, it was a long time coming. But I'm still baffled why they're buffing Redguard sustain over nerfing it. You're buffing the other stam races but making the top sustain one ever better?? It makes no sense.
    I don't have the slightest clue what they were thinking buffing Redguard and then giving Khajiit 75 recovery... Thanks. RIP my stamblade

Don't know much about PVE stam dps, I will admit. But I will say that I read very different changes than you did. The following might be worth considering when saying "the BIS stamina dps just got better" when comparing Redguard vs. Orc vs. Khajiit.

With these changes, orc now has access to damage that is not melee damage. It has pure weapon damage that will buff all stamina dps skills. In addition, orcs now also have added sustain they didn't have before. If you can sustain with that added passive in pve - wouldn't you rather the extra damage offered by orc vs the pure sustain of redguard? Would you not be just oversustaining at a certain point with the latter and sacrificing damage?

Also worth considering: khajiit and again the recovery / max stat bonuses. May need to be adjusted to be more, but that's worth looking at and hashing out a more fair stat for these. Last time I checked, crit was king in PVE in terms of sheer DPS potential and that's a solid 8% spell and weapon crit, that can't just be blatantly ignored in comparison to adrenaline rush as a sustain passive.

I personally love redguard much more than Orc and Khajiit, and I'm primarily a PVPer - so those are my biases all laid out for you. But I can honestly say I tried to look at this objectively, and when reviewing those passives, it seems to be that Redguard appears mostly the same to me as it is on live, if not slightly weaker just purely by comparison. The first passive seems niche in both pve and pvp, not all builds will run enough weapon skills to even justify this. It's a definite loss of regen compared to the 9% we have on live. Yes, adrenaline rush got buffed but it mostly was just to accommodate for the regen loss above, so it measures out. In the end, redguard will probably stay about the same or lose a slight amount of regen compared to live, depending on how many weapon skills you are slotting and how much use you are making out of the first passive.

All in all,
    TL,DR:
    Redguard stays approximately the same
    Orc now has flat weapon damage + stats
    Khajiit now has flat crit + sustain/stats
    Which should mean: if sustain can be reached on either Orc or Khajiit with changes, they stand a much higher chance of being "BIS stam race" than Redguard.
    Edited by Jules on January 17, 2019 8:03AM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find these changes good in general. At least for magicka characters.

Dunmer is not bis for both pvp and pve anymore. Until now Dunmer was bis even for magsorc. Imo Dunmer is now a better choice for pvp as max hp, burning status immunity and max stam mean a lot in there. Altmer is better for endgame groups with no sustain issues. Breton is very seductive for casual raiding in terms of helping sustain.

People will QQ because their bis changed. But i as a magicka mainer like these changes overall.

Let me translate your post - i have magicka pve chars and they are altmers, healers are bretons. I'm glad that my sustain is buffed and my counterpart dunmer is now purely inferior in PVE and moved to some original hybrid niche in PVP. Argonian healers were nerfed too. Still they need to increase max magicka for altmer and breton to 3000 to match dunmers 1250+1250+600, in general changes are good.

Good try. Tho if you bothered checking my forum signature you'd see i only have one Altmer, it's not my main, i have zero Bretons and i have 2 Dunmers one of them being my main. Still good try tho, tells a bit about your own.

Edit: I actually have 4 Dunmer chars but because two of them are basically crafting alts they are not in my signature.
    There will be 4 dunmer crafting alts now, congrats! And if you play dunmer you understand that replacement of 9% with 1250 is a rip-off. Maybe change from 7% fire damage to 256 is good, testing required. By altmer got it too together with sustain passive. And now from stamina side compare dunmer to redguard. Basically, only altmer, breton and redguard changes are good, all others races are either nerfed or rebalanced, but becoming inferior to those 3.
    Honestly saying all this changes are.. it's not question of which race is better now.. this changes just lead to further pingeonholing and direct connection role - race. Imperial tanks, altmer magdps, redguard stamdps, breton healer, all others -> to PVP or to crafting alts.

Thanks for saying me what to do with my characters now. At it's current state Dunmer is stupid strong. So stupid that it's bis for pve, pvp, even for magsorc like wth?

After these changes Dunmer still is the best choice for pvp. Max hp and stamina can sound useless to pve but in pvp people use 5 piece sets to have other resources too (see Shacklebreaker).

I believe i made my point and won't be replying anymore to this.
    PC|EU
  • VioletVience
    VioletVience
    ✭✭✭
    Some races provided far more mathematical combat power than others.

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Redguard dmg got nerfed, regen was removed, but adrenline rush was buffed.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Mastery: 3% Magicka Cost Reduction → Reduces the Magicka cost of your abilities by 7%.

The semantics in this one sentence is concerning. Cost reduction vs cost of our abilities could have different meanings.

It is a huge buff is it is truly 7% magicka cost reduction.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inig0 wrote: »
    ZoS we’ve gone so far past the time where you can reasonable make changes to the races like you have. I’ve personally leveled 14 characters with the intention of playing a specific race on that character to sever specific needs. Setting aside the clear in balance and lack of freedom you’re giving people you’re also costing us hundreds of dollars to re adjust ourselves to something we’ve made decisions on that costed us hundreds of hours in leveling alone.

You are directly costing your player base money and time.

The only solution I see is making races a cosmetic choice with no combat influence. Perhaps add a system where you choose the passives because frankly you’re just forcing people who genuinely care about performance to buy tokens and race change. This is unacceptable.

Honestly you, the min/maxers that tell is what is BiS take the fun out of end game so I feel no sorrow for any of the min/maxers on these changes who have the shell out money.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot better changes then the ones I expected, very nice :o
  • Auroan
    Auroan
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know who you have on your player counsel, or whatever it is, but clearly they're not doing a good job with feedback if this is the conclusion to Racial Balancing for Equality. The only thing this did was change the meta of one Race, to another Race. The reason Racial Passives have failed, and will continue to fail, is because the Core Concept of Freedom of Choice that's implemented into ESO falls into almost all categories, EXCEPT for Racial Passives.

Everyone has access to Light, Medium and Heavy armor, regardless of Race, Class, etc. Everyone has access to all Weapons, regardless of Race, Class, etc. Everyone has access to all Guilds, Gear Sets, etc., regardless of Race, Class, etc. You get my point. But the ability to have a Passive that grants Sustain instead of Damage? Nah, you need to be a specific Race for that. The ability to have a Passive that grants Max Resources instead of Sustain, or Flat Resistances instead of Max Health, etc.? Nah, you need to pick specific Races for that.

Solving the issue of Racial Inequality is literally as simple as applying the Core Concept of Freedom of Choice the rest of the game implements, to the Racial Passives. Everyone should have access to choose whatever Passives they want, regardless of Race, in a balanced way.

The Racial Passives should be divided into 3 Categories: Minor Passives, Major Passives, and Unique Passives.

3 Minor Passives that should contain the Basic Fundamentals of Gameplay, which includes things such as Resources, Sustain and Damage.

1 Major Passive that should contain an Advanced, more Role Specific Skill, such as Block Cost Reduction (Now Introduced to Imperials), Ultimate Regen (Now Introduced to Nords), and Adrenaline Rush (Now Buffed for Redguards).

1 Unique Passive that should contain a Unique Skill that corresponds to the chosen Race that has minimal influence on Gameplay, as to not establish a Meta Race, while also staying true to the Lore of the Race, such as Swimming Speed (Argonian), Reduced Fall Damage (Wood Elf), and Reduced Detection Status (Khajiit).

While current Skills require you place a Skill Point in them before Morphing, Racial Passives should be the opposite, where players Morph their Racial Passives first to choose which Resource, Damage Modifier, etc. they want. To prevent Bonus Stacking and promote Diversity, each Minor Passive can only be used once. For example, Morphing Minor Passive 1 into Stam Regen will prevent Minor Passive 2, or 3, from being able to select Stam/Mag Regen. Because there is only 1 Major Passive, the selection doesn't matter.

The number of Skill Points you can put into Passives should be Capped. While 3 Skill Points into each section (as it currently is) should still maintained, not all Passives should have the ability to be leveled to Rank 3. Minor Passives should be Capped at the use of 6 Skill Points. 3 Points into a Priority Stat, 2 Points into a Secondary Stat, and 1 Point into a Lesser Stat. This will promote Role Stemming and Priority Placements as individuals choose what's most important to them, or choose to put 2 Points into each section for a Balanced approach.

For Example, if I wanted to be a Khajiit Mag DPS that relied more on Sustain then Raw Damage, my Passives would be as followed:

Minor Passive 1: Morph> Magicka Regen
    Rank 1: +100 Magicka Recovery
    Rank 2: +179 Magicka Recovery
    Rank 3: +258 Magicka Recovery

Minor Passive 2: Morph> Max Magicka
    Rank 1: +1000 Max Magicka
    Rank 2: +1500 Max Magicka
    Rank 3: +2000 Max Magicka

Minor Passive 3: Morph> Spell Damage
    Rank 1: Spell Damage +100
    Rank 2: Spell Damage +179
    Rank 3: Spell Damage +258

Major Passive: Spell Charge: Restore 575 Magicka or Stamina, based on whichever is higher, after activating a Class Ability. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds. Reduces damage taken by 5% while you are using an ability with a cast or channel time.

Unique Passive: Increases Experience gain in Medium Armor Skill Line by 15%, 5% bonus change to successfully pickpocket. Reduce detection radius by 3m and Increase damage from Stealth by 10%

The above example is Rough Foundation that I came up with on the spot at this very moment using the Core Concept of Freedom of Choice that ESO has implemented into almost all Categories. In order to create Racial Equality, all you need to do is simply allow players to CHOOSE how they want to play. This isn't Rocket Science. By allowing players the choice of what their Passives are, the burden of playing a Race they don't want to is lifted, as with the burden of being outscaled by other Races simply because of who they are. A player should never be forced to sacrifice their Identity in order to be "viable" in PvE, or PvP content.
    "And the Scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold,
    That when brothers wage war come unfurled!
    Alduin, Bane of Kings, ancient shadow unbound,
    With a hunger to swallow the world!"
    54k Achievement Point Club
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sigh, see above man.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can understand the reasoning behind making Dunmer an even more flexible race for stam or mag -- in fact, I kind of like the approach of even bonuses on either pool. However, the current concept will result in a race that can do either equally, but excels in neither where other races still do.

Dunmer:
    +1250 resource
    +258 Weapon and Spell Damage
    +2310 Flame resistsance
    +600 health

Should the damage/sustain margin decrease be that great for what amounts to a minor increase in survivability -- especially as the previous edge on flame damage is now lost (the only real gain previously for sacrificed sustain)?

Setting the resource passive to 1750 is a more realistic value = minor sacrifice to sustain for a minor gain in survivability.

On the other hand, the only logical reasoning for the gimped sustain otherwise is the design concept that Dunmers sacrifice sustain for burst damage, in which case resource sacrifice should be balanced with greater weapon/spell damage:

+1250 max resource
    +330 Weapon and Spell Damage*

OR

+1500 resource
    +300 Weapon and Spell Damage*

Alternatively
    +1250 resource
    +258 Weapon and Spell Damage and +4% fire damage

In addition, I'd still like to see a future update tackle racial diversity with a more real world approach, that factors in less stereo type.

*I believe the ratio is 1000 resource = ~110 dmg stat | ergo 9 resource = 1 dmg stat
    Comparable to Altmer ==>
    2000 magicka = 220 spell damage :: 258 + 220 = 478
    Dunmer has -750 | 750/9 = ~83 :: 258 + 83 = 341
    1250 = 138 :: 138 + 341 = 479

NB: +/- equal dmg without equivalent recovery bonus or procced sustain (per other classes)

Correction. Ratio is 10:1
    Altmer
    2000 = 200 :: 200 + 258 = 458
    Dunmer
    258 + 75 = 333
    1250 = 125 :: 125 + 333 = 458
    Edited by mairwen85 on January 17, 2019 2:16PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks pretty good. Not too psyched about Orc max Stam going way down though. Most stamina classes don’t need max Stam anymore but Stamplars do and this hurts those builds. It also pigeonholes us even further into using weapon abilities to make up for it in the small amount of return. There really isn’t anythign that says more offense and less defense. It’s more like an overall nerf. 500 health is ok but 500 stam is so low, something like 1250 stamina would be more of a middle ground as even 6% of 35k stamina is 2100 and that’s pretty average.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 17, 2019 7:22AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    ZoS we’ve gone so far past the time where you can reasonable make changes to the races like you have. I’ve personally leveled 14 characters with the intention of playing a specific race on that character to sever specific needs. Setting aside the clear in balance and lack of freedom you’re giving people you’re also costing us hundreds of dollars to re adjust ourselves to something we’ve made decisions on that costed us hundreds of hours in leveling alone.

The only solution I see is making races a cosmetic choice with no combat influence. Perhaps add a system where you choose the passives because frankly you’re just forcing people who genuinely care about performance to buy tokens and race change. This is unacceptable.

Honestly you, the min/maxers that tell is what is BiS take the fun out of end game so I feel no sorrow for any of the min/maxers on these changes who have the shell out money.

Min/maxing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your need for forced diversity and roleplaying.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I generally like most changes, really opens up a lot of potential fun builds on a lot of classes and creates legitimate Hybrid races (albeit Hybrid has other issues).
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is the theory crafters that do the math, then test it out, that determines what works extremely well. The game is about math and especially at end game. So those who are into the end game the most welcome their information as a good place to start with testing their own builds.

These change may not have the impact one might think.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find these changes good in general. At least for magicka characters.

Dunmer is not bis for both pvp and pve anymore. Until now Dunmer was bis even for magsorc. Imo Dunmer is now a better choice for pvp as max hp, burning status immunity and max stam mean a lot in there. Altmer is better for endgame groups with no sustain issues. Breton is very seductive for casual raiding in terms of helping sustain.

People will QQ because their bis changed. But i as a magicka mainer like these changes overall.

Let me translate your post - i have magicka pve chars and they are altmers, healers are bretons. I'm glad that my sustain is buffed and my counterpart dunmer is now purely inferior in PVE and moved to some original hybrid niche in PVP. Argonian healers were nerfed too. Still they need to increase max magicka for altmer and breton to 3000 to match dunmers 1250+1250+600, in general changes are good.

Good try. Tho if you bothered checking my forum signature you'd see i only have one Altmer, it's not my main, i have zero Bretons and i have 2 Dunmers one of them being my main. Still good try tho, tells a bit about your own.

Edit: I actually have 4 Dunmer chars but because two of them are basically crafting alts they are not in my signature.
    There will be 4 dunmer crafting alts now, congrats! And if you play dunmer you understand that replacement of 9% with 1250 is a rip-off. Maybe change from 7% fire damage to 256 is good, testing required. By altmer got it too together with sustain passive. And now from stamina side compare dunmer to redguard. Basically, only altmer, breton and redguard changes are good, all others races are either nerfed or rebalanced, but becoming inferior to those 3.
    Honestly saying all this changes are.. it's not question of which race is better now.. this changes just lead to further pingeonholing and direct connection role - race. Imperial tanks, altmer magdps, redguard stamdps, breton healer, all others -> to PVP or to crafting alts.

Thanks for saying me what to do with my characters now. At it's current state Dunmer is stupid strong. So stupid that it's bis for pve, pvp, even for magsorc like wth?

After these changes Dunmer still is the best choice for pvp. Max hp and stamina can sound useless to pve but in pvp people use 5 piece sets to have other resources too (see Shacklebreaker).

I believe i made my point and won't be replying anymore to this.

Currently dunmer has 3% more flame damage then altmer while having 1% less magicka and 10% less magicka restore then altmer.
    Now dunmer will have exactly the same damage, but 2% less magicka and 190 less magicka restore, while having slightly more stamina then dunmer have on magic build before. If there were stamina dunmers, they are got buffed yeah if that's your point. Hybrids not buffed since they relied on flame damage and use pelinal.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    High Elf - Good changes all over the place. I'm finding it difficult to say anything negative about them.

Argonian - Again, good changes. I still don't understand why they want to make Argonians the healer class, lorewise they are not healers.

Wood Elf - Pretty good stuff. I can see Wood Elves becoming a lot more popular in PvP, especially if that 20% speed increase stacks with the major expedition from the bow. A bit OP even?

Breton - Much needed buff to the cost reduction racial. I will be changing my magplar main from Argonian to Breton.

Dark Elf - 3% Max Magicka → Increases your Max Health by 600. This is not a good change, makes no sense whatsoever, and 600 health is an insignificant amount to justify losing 3% magicka.

Imperial - New go to race for pvp, and tanking?

Khajiit - I feel like they're trying to make them a "trick of all trades" race, but lorewise they are not. Argonians would be better suited for this.

Nord - Are these nerfs? Look like it to me, and it honestly doesn't make any sense.

Orc - Brawny: 6% Max Health and Stamina → Increases your Max Health and Stamina by 500. That's an unnecessary nerf. I'm on board with the other 2 though.

Redguard - WUT? Redguard sustain was so good that if you were not playing a redguard as a stamina class, you were simply doing it wrong. And their solution to this was to make their sustain even better...WTH!

Redguard lost 9% regen and also max stam

Exhilaration: 9% Stamina Recovery → Martial Training: Reduces the cost of your Weapon abilities by 8%. I'd have to run some tests to have more accurate numbers but on paper this doesn't look like a nerf. It's 100% a buff for aoe builds.

Conditioning: 10% Max Stamina → Increases your Max Stamina by 2000. Translates into a minor loss of stamina, but every class got the same treatment so it's not a nerf or a buff, it's simply a balance change.

Adrenaline Rush: When you deal damage with a melee attack you restore 792 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds. → When you deal Direct Damage, you restore 950 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds. Considerable buff to a racial that was already overpowered.

"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a pve dd magblade i now have the choice between Altmer and Khajit. Thats...interesting
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I present to you the salty casual archetype that motivates ZOS changes. They won't play the game according to its rules, so ZOS will change the rules to support them.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pretty harsh and elitist tone toward a person who's just trying to enjoy the game in his own way. He doesn't control your end game experience as much as you do not control his. It's all a community of people trying to figure out their way in terms of what they enjoy as an individual and where they can find themselves landing in a group.

His comment was clearly made from the point of view of a person, moreso than a player. See how he focuses multiple times on the irl financial sacrifice required and the irl time sink/loss required. So it's pretty lame to proclaim that you're basically happy he feels slighted as if this inconvenience validates your illogical vendetta against him.

Everyone's just trying to play the game in whatever way is most fun for them. Some enjoy very competitive and others enjoy more casual and many shades of gray in between. Just live and let live at the very least and don't be celebrating other people's misery.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously ZOS, Why pepole that try to play different should suffer?
    The meta right now is to stack weapon/ spell damage, some can get the abit lower tooltips while pushing max mag or stamina - in result of less tool tips.
    After these changes to flat max stats value there is no reason to do that anymore, the loss is alot bigger for build that rely on max stats.

I will never understand why ZOS keeps killing build diversity.
    What reason do i have to run Necro/ Hulking/ BonePirate set, Shackle Breaker etc...? Any sets that made to push max stats is bad after this.
    Edited by amir412 on January 17, 2019 7:32AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Monsieur
    Monsieur
    ✭✭✭
    This feels like another sustain and resource nerf.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

Sigh, see above man.

He means that redguard is buffed in comparison to other races. If we take plain maxstam build of course it's nerfed like all other.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    I don’t like it. Bosmer don’t need to detect stealthed units, that is even less used in the game. give us back our radius reduction.
    Additionally, since Sneaking isn’t a universal mechanic to the game (many enemies in Tamriel can’t be bothered sneaking about!)

So enemies can’t be bothered to sneak yet Bosmer can detect sneaking better. You’re own explanation invalidates your own logic.

Exactly this. It's a PVP only skill. Even with the detection buff in PVP, Khajiit still come out ahead with their 5m radius reduction. Khajiit is the only race for stealth now. At all. Period.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wood Elf
    • Increases experience gain in Bow Skill Line by 15%, decreases fall damage taken by 10% → No changes
    • Y’ffre’s Endurance: 21% Stamina Recovery → Increases your Stamina Recovery by 258.
    • Resist Affliction: 6% Max Stamina and 1485 Poison and Disease Resistance → Increases your Max Stamina by 2000 and your Poison Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Poisoned status effect.
    • Stealthy: Reduces detection Radius by 3m and Increases Damage Done in Stealth by 10% → Hunter’s Eye: Increases your Stealth detection radius by 3m. After you use Roll Dodge you gain 20% Movement Speed for 3 seconds.
      • A quick note on why we changed the Stealthy passive: Previously this passive was shared between Khajiit and Wood Elf, and didn’t help them feel distinct enough from each other. Additionally, since Sneaking isn’t a universal mechanic to the game (many enemies in Tamriel can’t be bothered sneaking about!), we wanted to take away some of the focus from the passive and build that into their other passives instead. We still want to support that game mechanic however, so we kept parts of each the Wood Elf’s and the Khajiit’s version of these passives.
    Developer Comment
    The thick forests of Valenwood have imprinted the importance of the ability to hunt in the Wood Elf race, and as such they have a natural adeptness for detecting potential threats. Quick to react and well versed in the poisons of nature, they can outlast and outwit their opponents. These traits are demonstrated with their natural speed boost when tactfully engaging combat, and their unparalleled Stamina Recovery.

Surely Hunter's Eye would reduce your detection radius in Stealth, not increase it. Not only are Wood Elves the smallest race in the game, who in their right mind would choose to make themselves more detectable?

I read that as meaning that you can detect hidden things 3m earlier than anyone else. Which is useless in PVE where nothing hides. The developer comment reinforces this by saying 'adeptness for detecting potential threats.'
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • metabLast3r
    metabLast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Race passives were always minimal to me, with the understanding of min/maxers. On a redguard in most situations, I felt sustain was too good. Hence the name, I’ll be out there on a stam necro using a dunmer, see you all on the battlefield. Hope your race helps you.. *wink*
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam

High Elf
    • Spell Recharge: Restore 575 Magicka or Stamina, based on whichever is higher, after activating a Class Magicka Ability. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds. Reduces damage taken by 5% while you are using an Magicka ability with a cast or channel time.
    Wood Elf
    • Hunter’s Eye: Increases your Stealth detection radius by 3m. After you use Roll Dodge you gain 20% 10% Movement Speed for 3 seconds.
    Breton
    • Spell Resistance: Gain 2310 2640 Spell Resistance and 100 Magicka Recovery.
    Dark Elf
    • Dynamic: Increases your Max Stamina and Magicka by 1250 2000.
    • Resist Flame: Increases your Max Health by 600 and your Flame Resistance by 2310 2640. You are immune to the Burning status effect.
    • Ruination: Increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 258.
    Khajiit
    • Robustness: Increases your Health, Stamina and Magicka Recovery by 100 and your Stamina and Magicka recovery by 75.
    Nord
    • Resist Frost: Increases your Max Health by 1000 and your Cold Resistance by 2310 2640. You are immune to the Chilled status effect.
    Orc
    • Brawny: Increases your Max Health and Stamina by 500 1000.

• High Elves gaining Stamina? WHAT? Class Ability? No, Magicka Ability!
    • Wood Elves mobility is too high.
    • Why 2640 Resistance? 2640 = 4%, while 2310 = 3,5. Accurate numbers, please!
    • Dark Elves lose Weapon Damage, but gain Stamina. Much better!

This is my feedback. Thank you!
    Edited by joaaocaampos on January 18, 2019 9:10AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cash grab is so obvious, it's painful. This is not a Beta. People were chosing race to achieve certain playstyles and stat combinations in a game they paid for initially and (most of us) monthly. Changing those core values to keep the game fresh and make it more balanced is very appreciated - but there is a moral obligation to give paying customers the chance to reconsider their choice without drawbacks (especially financially). Yes, even for a company dedicated to make profit.

Temporary free race changes for every character > lvl 50 is the absolute minimum loyal & supporting customers can expect. I'm subbed for many years now - that sub will be dropped permanently the moment those race changes go live without ZOS accepting their responsibility to give their customers above-mentioned chance to reconsider their race choice for every single developed character.

I'm all for the changes themselves, but I will not support such greedy & shady business behaviour.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on January 17, 2019 7:29AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy