The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon Finder not working!!!

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about some compensation @ZOS_GinaBruno?
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, they are too bothered with closing duplicate topics about another disaster event. Hold on.
  • Riverlynn
    Riverlynn
    ✭✭✭✭
    you-do-plan-to-have-dinosaurs-on-your-on-your-dinosaur-tour-right.jpg

You do plan to have dungeons in your dungeon event, right?
    My accountant told me to invest my money in bonds. So I bought 100 copies of Goldfinger.

Unicorns and cannonballs, palaces and piers
    Trumpets, towers and tenements, wide oceans full of tears.
    Flags, rags ferryboats, scimitars and scarves
    Every precious dream and vision, underneath the stars.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

For those of us on PC EU it is now 5:30 in the afternoon, since you decided to go with the downright daft implementation of a 20 hr cooldown system instead of a fixed daily reset, the longer it takes to finish this group tool problem, the longer we will have to wait tomorrow to be able to get another box.

This is exactly why we have requested fixed daily resets instead of going with the 20 hr cooldown which only brings a million headaches instead ..

Edited by Carbonised on November 29, 2018 4:36PM
  • Gilora
    Gilora
    ✭✭
    Oberstein wrote: »
    Even with full group of 4 Dungeon finder won't working.

How is it not working? Are you queuing with a group of 4, and a dungeon just isn't popping?

Premade group with the appropriate roles, it´s just a never ending queue. And we get repeatedly the message that one group member has declined even if that´s not the case. Like last time when there has been a dungeon event and the random dungeon finder didn´t work.

To be honest, I´m not surprised.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is good news for stupid people.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, this is wonderful news for someone like me who has just started on PC and hasnt any friends on this platform(there on PS4) which i would hate to be on right now.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just spend 53 minutes in random normal dungeon queue and gave up, pc-eu.
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

For those of us on PC EU it is now 5:30 in the afternoon, since you decided to go with the downright daft implementation of a 20 hr cooldown system instead of a fixed daily reset, the longer it takes to finish this group tool problem, the longer we will have to wait tomorrow to be able to get another box.

This is exactly why we have requested fixed daily resets instead of going with the 20 hr cooldown which only brings a million headaches instead ..

You don't get the idea. It's the end of the year, new titles released, they have to pin you down to the game as much as possible :smile:
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rip 8 boxes, least they’ll compensate us like they did last year.... oh wait....

New drinking game!
    1sip - someone declined
    2sips - every 5min wait with full premade
    Down drink - server taken down for maintenance
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5629031#Comment_5629031

^^^ Called it.

More fond memories for me it would appear.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, everyone. We're investigating.

How many months too late???
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to know why things like this keep happening. Is data simply not being monitored and analyzed at ZOS?

Data, especially in a game as massive as ESO, is such a beautiful thing. It can be monitored, analyzed, and used to fix problems and prevent them from happening again.

Take for example the Group Finder bug which happened last year. There should have been so much data gathered from that event that the team could prevent it from happening this year (they had a year to work on it).

The fact that it is happening again makes me sad and confused. This is exactly why we have and use data. To monitor. To analyze. To learn. To improve.

ZOS failed to do that, which makes me wonder what (and if) they are even looking at.
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've worked out why the boxes contain rare stuff, because so few of us can actually get one!
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Well I cant wait for not sleeping for the next two or three days because I have to run normal dungeons at 5 am.
    Edited by FakeFox on November 29, 2018 4:47PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is it not working? Are you queuing with a group of 4, and a dungeon just isn't popping?

It has ben a known issue for over a year that GF has not worked properly. When 4 people queue for a dungeon and it keeps repeatedly saying someone declined, when they obviously did not, something is very wrong with how it is setup.

Many threads have been created on this subject, especially in recent months though it has not gotten worse since this issue was introduced over a year ago.

Below is just one that you were tagged in explaining the issue in as much detail as one probably can.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/439291/someone-declined-the-invite-you-were-placed-at-the-front-of-the-queue#latest

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by idk on November 29, 2018 4:49PM
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

this. my horror about the 20h timer..
    Last year they didnt compensate mystery boxes, while they actually promised!!! I probably will be giving up .. so sad.
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Asys
    Asys
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

It has ben a known issue for over a year that GF has not worked properly. When 4 people queue for a dungeon and it keeps repeatedly saying someone declined, when they obviously did not, something is very wrong with how it is setup.

Many threads have been created on this subject, especially in recent months though it has not gotten worse since this issue was introduced over a year ago.

Below is just one that you were tagged in explaining the issue in as much detail as one probably can.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/439291/someone-declined-the-invite-you-were-placed-at-the-front-of-the-queue#latest

@ZOS_GinaBruno

waaaaw talk about they dont give a flying *** about the game. Except crown store ofc
    I need TP for my ***!
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm I'm getting flashbacks from the last random dungeon event....

ZoS; feel free to just send me that blacksmith apron already :smile:
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • HalloweenWeed
    HalloweenWeed
    ✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    Is data simply not being monitored and analyzed at ZOS?

That part-time guy had to work on his regular job as a cashier this month! :*
  • Bajatar
    Bajatar
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if they simply cannot fix the dungeon finder. Some intern probably cobbled it together years ago and later left the company. Same with the atrocious guild trader interface. I wonder if they have any engine coders left or just a bunch of script copy&pasters for new expansions.

Feigning ignorance, as if this wasn't happening every event that somehow involves the dungeon finder, doesn't exactly instill much confidence either.
  • KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭

This bug is 4 months old and more people on the forums already said there was. You really waited the event that involve the usage of your toll to notice that? I also made a post few days ago talking about it, completely ignored.

I don't know but you should listen to players that list bugs.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2nqvpi.jpg
  • dawgyg999
    dawgyg999
    ✭✭
    group_finder.log is filling up
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been an issue for as long as I can remember. However, after a few times of “someone declined” it usually groups up.
  • HalloweenWeed
    HalloweenWeed
    ✭✭✭
    dawgyg999 wrote: »
    group_finder.log is filling up
    Yes they will probably have to bring the server down to copy and then delete the log!
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    redTechInc wrote: »

Can you tell the programming staff, that these issues with the group finder (and the battleground grouptool too) already exists since it was implemented? And that investigating it now, that the event started, might be a lottle too late?

That's funny because this was my first ESO event when I started my adventure a year ago and this time around I was already wondering if group finder will break once again. Makes me wonder how dev team wasn't as curious as I was...
    Edited by Synthwavius on November 29, 2018 5:01PM
  • Markpyhton
    Markpyhton
    ✭✭✭
    Tool dont work with a pre made grp ( anyone decline everytime but no one do this all accecpt ), after you stuck in the Queue!

Same as when you go alone in the finder.

Fazit: Tool dont work!

And no statment from ZOS.
    Edited by Markpyhton on November 29, 2018 5:03PM
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tbh i am bit stunnned, that u have to investigate into this now and even had to ask what problems the group finder would have.

its the same bug from last year, and it hasnt been fixed since then. at least for pc eu the group finder had that problems before this event started as well. someone must have installed an groupfinder-report-filter into ur inboxes and into the forums for the people from zos. so here it is:

surprise surprise. the group finder is broken.

200.gif

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC eu group finder has been messed up for months. Just sayin. Y'all might want to actually fix it.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exact same issues as last year's undaunted event.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.